Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,417 members, 7,812,230 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:23 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 - Travel (425) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (1303660 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) ... (886) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Ezriela: 9:05am On Jun 07, 2021
U don't need to open a new account, use ur existing account,the reason some people opens new account is because they are using student loan and they have to open account where the lender wishes. Only if you are using this option
Sammybliss23:

Hello, good morning@ Ezriela. Please, which is best to do. I have an Ecobank account I opened early this year, i have been using it. Is it best to put in the money for POF in it for the 28 days. Or, I open a fresh acct like stanbic bank and lodge the funds in it. (This is because I see a lot of people doing this. They open fresh acct and use for it.) I don't know if that's the best. Please advice me

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by scobyy2007: 9:25am On Jun 07, 2021
otunbanimi:
Good morning people,

Is Polaris Bank statement okay to show proof of fund?

Has any used it or using it for their visa application?

Kinda urgent. Thanks

scobyy2007:
I think the lesson so far is to ensure that we do a forensic study of our statement before submitting it.

1. Check that (Opening Balance - Total Debit) + Total Credit = Closing Balance

2. Manually check that all debits add up to the Total Debit

3. Manually check that all credits add up to the Total Credit

4. Check carefully that the balance after any credit or debit transaction doesn't impact the balance below the required amount even just for one day (Meaning if are supposed to have a minimum of N10million the balance per transaction made on the account must NEVER go below N10million even by 50kobo

5. Ensure that the statement you are submitting is very clear and readable after you scanned it.

6. Check that the naira equivalent of your maintenance fee + tuition balance is less than the opening balance and less than the closing balance (opening and the closing balance must be equal or greater than the N10million naira equivalent of the maintenance fee + tuition balance)

7. Also check your printed statement covers at least 28 calendar days = I suggest you do something like 1/May/2021 - 30/May/2021 or 30/May/2021 - 29/June/2021

8. Do NOT empty your account after visa submission. My own suggestion Oooooo

9. Ensure the exchange rate favour u well on the submission day (Oanda is your go-to place).-Although I expect you to have extra fund to buffer for any madness in Naira dancing up and down like a yoyo.

10. Finally PRAY

Please this list is not exhaustive: I am open to additions and constructive critic.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by IAMSYLVIA: 9:28am On Jun 07, 2021
Good Morning all
Please I would like to know if there are affordable schools below £14k in the Uk starting in January 2022, apart from Teesside and Glasglow.
Already applied to those schools.
Thank You

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by george009: 9:45am On Jun 07, 2021
Hi Guys,

Please I want to pay school fees to University of East London using Heritage Bank and a very good friend of mine that works with them told me I will be spending more using Heritage Bank to pay school fees reason being that they don't have a corresponding bank in UK and can only send USD to their corresponding bank in USA before remitting to my school.

So; I'm asking who knows the best Nigerian Bank to pay school fees to UK using Form A that debits in GBP or have a corresponding bank in UK.

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by themonsieur: 9:45am On Jun 07, 2021
ChiefDaddy1:
Please who is going to Salford...I got an offer from the University of Salford. I need to connect.

Good morning. I'm currently at the Pre-CAS stage. I've paid my deposit, received an unconditional offer, and submitted my pre-CAS documents to my assigned agent for review. I'll most likely receive my CAS this week too. My Medical is on the 16th of June, while my POF matures on the 21st of June. I plan to apply for a visa between 24th and 25th. Please let us connect via email.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by themonsieur: 9:46am On Jun 07, 2021
Bisunique25:
Good day everyone, please I really need your suggestions on which university to go for between Plymouth, Northumbria and Salford in terms of family oriented environment, job opportunities, moderate cost of living, safety and ranking. Please I will really appreciate your contribution. The course I will be going for is MSc healthcare management and I will be coming with my kids and hubby.

Good morning, Bisi. Have you gotten a reply yet?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by scobyy2007: 9:52am On Jun 07, 2021
UWE Bristol: 13,500

IAMSYLVIA:
Good Morning all
Please I would like to know if there are affordable schools below £14k in the Uk starting in January 2022, apart from Teesside and Glasglow.
Thank You
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by themonsieur: 9:58am On Jun 07, 2021
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Onyxfidel1(f): 10:13am On Jun 07, 2021
For those of us that have travelled already, please is clinix healthcare good for covid test BRITISH AIRWAYS

please justwise and others answer so that I will no which one is better in Lagos
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by themonsieur: 10:13am On Jun 07, 2021
Good morning, @Justwise and everyone.

I have a dilemma and I need help.

Can I list my older sister/mother under dependents while applying for my visa?
The plan was for my sister and I to apply for September intake and then bring my older sister and Mum later on. However, the current political climate in Nigeria is making us reconsider. Now, we're exploring the possibility of bringing both of them along with us under the dependency visa. Is it possible? If No, what's the best alternative/advice you can give? I'll appreciate your help.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by jamesobedbaisel: 10:17am On Jun 07, 2021
I need help with question 4 and 5 for TB test

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by akinday1: 10:24am On Jun 07, 2021
Good day to everyone, please I would like to seek advise on which course is best in the UK labour market, I have a degree in Business Administration and I would like to pursue my masters in either of the following courses;
Human Resources Management
Business Management
International Business Management etc

Please help indicate the course that present job opportunities in the UK among the stated. Also I am open to advise and suggestions from the gurus.

Thanks in anticipation
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Ab7890: 10:37am On Jun 07, 2021
themonsieur:

The plan was for my sister and I to apply for September intake and then bring my older sister and Mum later on. However, the current political climate in Nigeria is making us reconsider. Now, we're exploring the possibility of bringing both of them along with us under the dependency visa. Is it possible? If No, what's the best alternative/advice you can give? I'll appreciate your help.

No you can't. Only your spouse and children are considered as dependents.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by mohtunrahyor(f): 10:39am On Jun 07, 2021
themonsieur:

Who can come to the UK as a dependant?
A dependant for visa purposes is:

A husband, wife or civil partner.
An unmarried partner if you have been living together in a relationship similar to marriage or civil partnership for a period of at least 2 years.
A child under 18 years old.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Pily: 10:46am On Jun 07, 2021
How much is TBtest and how do i pay
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by justwise(m): 11:00am On Jun 07, 2021
Onyxfidel1:
For those of us that have travelled already, please is clinix healthcare good for covid test BRITISH AIRWAYS

please justwise and others answer so that I will no which one is better in Lagos

Check first page of this thread, there is a link there for covid test
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by justwise(m): 11:00am On Jun 07, 2021
themonsieur:

Unfortunately you can't

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Pily: 11:09am On Jun 07, 2021
ccurrie:
Hello everyone! The IOM test centre requires hard copy of evidence of payment. Can I transfer to the SCB account and print receipt or do I have to pay at the bank?

I prefer transfer o, but I'd like to know from people who have done it. Please reply. Thank you.
please what is the fee for tb test?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Pily: 11:10am On Jun 07, 2021
jamesobedbaisel:
I need help with question 4 and 5 for TB test
please how much did u pay for tb test?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by hustla(m): 11:16am On Jun 07, 2021
Pily:
please how much did u pay for tb test?

Its on their website naw

About 58,200 thereabout

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by themonsieur: 11:28am On Jun 07, 2021
Ab7890:

No you can't. Only your spouse and children are considered as dependents.

Thank you all for the swift response.

How do you suggest I go about bringing them in at a later date then? Is it under the tourist visa? From what I've learned, a tourist visa is only valid for 6 months. How do I go about it if I want them to live permanently with us in the UK? Thanks.

@justwise
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Preshyi: 11:31am On Jun 07, 2021
My IOM test in Lagos is on July 6th but that's far for me, I have called them tirelessly for an earlier date but no positive response. So i plan to randomly go this month and do the test same day. Will that work please?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Dontos: 11:33am On Jun 07, 2021
Hi, I graduated in 2016 with Hnd Lower credit (Safety Technology) are there Msc courses i can apply to in UK?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by folbimmartins: 11:46am On Jun 07, 2021
Good morning house, is any body going to the university of Bolton this September? Just got an unconditional offer, I heard they said we have to pay full tuition before they can issue cas, how true is this
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Folushaw7: 11:47am On Jun 07, 2021
scobyy2007:
UWE Bristol: 13,500

Do you know if they give automatic discount?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by dhayorzie(m): 11:48am On Jun 07, 2021
Preshyi:
My IOM test in Lagos is on July 6th but that's far for me, I have called them tirelessly for an earlier date but no positive response. So i plan to randomly go this month and do the test same day. Will that work please?

Get to the test center before 8, liaise with the security, he will tell u what to do and you have your test result same day.. I saw similar case of a lady last week when I was there for my test.. funniest thing she got her result before me .. just dedicate a whole day for it ..

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Phatkings: 11:50am On Jun 07, 2021
akinday1:
Good day to everyone, please I would like to seek advise on which course is best in the UK labour market, I have a degree in Business Administration and I would like to pursue my masters in either of the following courses;
Human Resources Management
Business Management
International Business Management etc

Please help indicate the course that present job opportunities in the UK among the stated. Also I am open to advise and suggestions from the gurus.

Thanks in anticipation

Hmmmmm
Human resource management is the best
But why not go for something more lucrative
That the aforementioned three
Supply chain management
Business analytics
Accounting and finance
Data analytics
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Gr8bliss: 11:56am On Jun 07, 2021
IAMSYLVIA:
Good Morning all
Thank You

BPP University
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Miide2: 12:02pm On Jun 07, 2021
Hi guys
does anyone know any company that helps with funding for student visa

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Preshyi: 12:03pm On Jun 07, 2021
Interesting, that's exactly what I will do. Thanks so much.
dhayorzie:

Get to the test center before 8, liaise with the security, he will tell u what to do and you have your test result same day.. I saw similar case of a lady last week when I was there for my test.. funniest thing she got her result before me .. just dedicate a whole day for it ..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Zeecos(f): 12:08pm On Jun 07, 2021
Pidaa:

Master in Big data analytics and u?
Masters in Nursing. What are the conditions of your offer?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by caleb00(m): 12:12pm On Jun 07, 2021
Has any one tried using PTA recently, I heard most banks are short on funds

(1) (2) (3) ... (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) ... (886)

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.