Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,424 members, 7,812,248 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:39 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 - Travel (426) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (1303667 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) ... (886) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by justwise(m): 12:30pm On Jun 07, 2021
themonsieur:

Thank you all for the swift response.

How do you suggest I go about bringing them in at a later date then? Is it under the tourist visa? From what I've learned, a tourist visa is only valid for 6 months. How do I go about it if I want them to live permanently with us in the UK? Thanks.

@justwise

Its almost impossible to bring a family member aged 18 and above to the UK to live with you permanently
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by prissyllar: 12:31pm On Jun 07, 2021
george009:
Hi Guys,

Please I want to pay school fees to University of East London using Heritage Bank and a very good friend of mine that works with them told me I will be spending more using Heritage Bank to pay school fees reason being that they don't have a corresponding bank in UK and can only send USD to their corresponding bank in USA before remitting to my school.

So; I'm asking who knows the best Nigerian Bank to pay school fees to UK using Form A that debits in GBP or have a corresponding bank in UK.

Thanks
Sterling
Stanbic
Ecobank
UBA
Keystone
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by akinday1: 12:34pm On Jun 07, 2021
Phatkings:

Hmmmmm
Human resource management is the best
But why not go for something more lucrative
That the aforementioned three
Supply chain management
Business analytics
Accounting and finance
Data analytics

Thanks for the advice, I will look into the suggested courses, just that I would love to build a career as human manager
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by K4daniel: 12:35pm On Jun 07, 2021
themonsieur:
Good morning, @Justwise and everyone.

I have a dilemma and I need help.

Can I list my older sister/mother under dependents while applying for my visa?
The plan was for my sister and I to apply for September intake and then bring my older sister and Mum later on. However, the current political climate in Nigeria is making us reconsider. Now, we're exploring the possibility of bringing both of them along with us under the dependency visa. Is it possible? If No, what's the best alternative/advice you can give? I'll appreciate your help.

Sorry, it's so unfortunate that the rule does not allow siblings or parents as dependants, your only dependants are your wife and kids,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by bobogee007(m): 12:36pm On Jun 07, 2021
I gurus,
I’m kinda confused, after stating that I’ve had a previous visa refusal (Canada) while filling my CAS request. I got a mail today asking me to provide my previous visa refusal letter which I did, but now I’m concerned this will not be an end to CAS. I’m afraid the school will no issue the CAS again ���
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by AAO7(f): 12:43pm On Jun 07, 2021
bobogee007:
I gurus,
I’m kinda confused, after stating that I’ve had a previous visa refusal (Canada) while filling my CAS request. I got a mail today asking me to provide my previous visa refusal letter which I did, but now I’m concerned this will not be an end to CAS. I’m afraid the school will no issue the CAS again ���

Nah, don’t panic. I submitted my previous visas to the Uk as well as my Canada study permit refusals (2)
My CAS was issued. Just be honest and trust God.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by bobogee007(m): 12:48pm On Jun 07, 2021
AAO7:

Nah, don’t panic. I submitted my previous visas to the Uk as well as my Canada study permit refusals (2)
My CAS was issued. Just be honest and trust God.

Thanks so much
I stated the first two reasons on the letter and uploaded the refusal letter that shows the reasons for the refusal
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Ezriela: 12:54pm On Jun 07, 2021
The truth is some schools won't sponsor you becos of visa refusal why others dont care but it all depends on ur sch. The good thing is some people have been rejected in the past but others schs issued CAS to them but this all depend on your sch. What is the name of ur sch?
bobogee007:
I gurus,

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by bobogee007(m): 1:03pm On Jun 07, 2021
Ezriela:
The truth is some schools won't sponsor you becos of visa refusal why others dont care but it all depends on ur sch. The good thing is some people have been rejected in the past but others schs issued CAS to them but this all depend on your sch. What is the name of ur sch?

Gosh
University of Lincoln

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Kasparov16: 1:11pm On Jun 07, 2021
Hello people,

I Just got a conditional offer from Aston University for MSc. Human Resources Management. Is there anyone that also got an offer from this school?

Please can someone help with relevant details as regards accommodation, cost of living, availability of jobs et al...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Yemolu: 1:12pm On Jun 07, 2021
University of south wales refused to issue me CAS because of my two prior canada study visa refusal despite paying £5900 tuition deposit, submitting POF and tb test.Time and efforts wasted !!
Thank God I had 3 other unconditional offers.

bobogee007:

Gosh
University of Lincoln

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Ezriela: 1:14pm On Jun 07, 2021
Not sure sha but Lincoln seems not to be on this table
bobogee007:

Gosh
University of Lincoln
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Ezriela: 1:15pm On Jun 07, 2021
I know of South Wales
Bedfordshire is sitting pretty well on this table
Worcester
Middle Essex
Conventry used to but not sure abt now. The truth is it is unfair,u could have rejected from the beginning not at the stage of CAS issuance
Yemolu:
University of south wales refused to issue me CAS because of my two prior canada study visa refusal despite paying £5900 tuition deposit, submitting POF and tb test.Time and efforts wasted !!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by bobogee007(m): 1:16pm On Jun 07, 2021
Yemolu:

God �‍♂️�‍♂️�‍♂️
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jun 07, 2021
If I sent a mail to IOM,will I be able to add my wife and kid to already scheduled TB test appointment.
I only booked the date but am yet to pay for it.
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by bobogee007(m): 1:22pm On Jun 07, 2021
Ezriela:
I know of South Wales
Bedfordshire is sitting pretty well on this table
Worcester. The truth is it is unfair,u could have rejected from the beginning not at the stage of CAS issuance

Oops �
My heart is shaking right now cos I’m done with the TB test and the address of the school is already on the certificate even my POF is ready since April
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Oliviaxx(f): 1:22pm On Jun 07, 2021
Preshyi:
My IOM test in Lagos is on July 6th but that's far for me, I have called them tirelessly for an earlier date but no positive response. So i plan to randomly go this month and do the test same day. Will that work please?

I doubt if you’ll be able to do it same day without a very strong reason with proof to back it up. But you can definitely get a closer date than July 6th if you go in person
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Ozone984: 1:25pm On Jun 07, 2021
themonsieur:

Good morning. I'm currently at the Pre-CAS stage. I've paid my deposit, received an unconditional offer, and submitted my pre-CAS documents to my assigned agent for review. I'll most likely receive my CAS this week too. My Medical is on the 16th of June, while my POF matures on the 21st of June. I plan to apply for a visa between 24th and 25th. Please let us connect via email.

Yes I’m going to salford this September let’s connect

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Ezriela: 1:26pm On Jun 07, 2021
Lincoln will give you sha,I will ask someone that I know dere
bobogee007:

Oops �
My heart is shaking right now cos I’m done with the TB test and the address of the school is already on the certificate even my POF is ready since April
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by bobogee007(m): 1:32pm On Jun 07, 2021
Ezriela:
Lincoln will give you sha,I will ask someone that I know dere

Pls help me confirm
Thanks �
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by jamesobedbaisel: 1:33pm On Jun 07, 2021
Pily:
please how much did u pay for tb test?

$130
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by stunning4real: 1:43pm On Jun 07, 2021
Pls peeps which bank is giving good rate for form A?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by george009: 1:47pm On Jun 07, 2021
prissyllar:

Sterling
Stanbic
Ecobank
UBA
Keystone
Thank you; decided to go with Sterling, I’m at the bank opening account with them and hopefully will complete it today.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by prissyllar: 1:48pm On Jun 07, 2021
Yemolu:

Tell me you got a refund!!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by george009: 1:52pm On Jun 07, 2021
Hi Bosses in the house;

I have my little autistic brother who’s 15yrs and has been living with me since 2017 due to being bullied at the village. I intend to travel with him and my wife to UK for my studies only to read here that the only dependents allowed in your application is your spouse and children.

Please house, what would be the best option to travel with him as I can’t afford to send him back to the village to stay with my parents.

Please; your responses will be greatly appreciated.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Femmylawy: 1:54pm On Jun 07, 2021
Am new here and need some clarifications please, Have been denied canada work visa in the past and the passport has expired, am on CAS right now, do I need to tell them I have once being denied visa since am using new passport or I have to indicate I have being denied before?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by PtBlank: 1:54pm On Jun 07, 2021
cc justwise
PtBlank:
Hey people, when applying for one's dependant, are we to select Student visa or Tier 4 (General)? I'm aware it's now called Student Visa but both options (Student visa &Tier 4 General student visa) are still available on the application page dropdown menu. Thank you!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Phatkings: 1:57pm On Jun 07, 2021
Kasparov16:
Hello people,

I Just got a conditional offer from Aston University for MSc. Human Resources Management. Is there anyone that also got an offer from this school?

Please can someone help with relevant details as regards accommodation, cost of living, availability of jobs et al...

I did but supply chain management
January 2022
Isn't quite affordable tho
But its ok

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by mamatwiny(f): 2:10pm On Jun 07, 2021
ListerCompaq:
Good morning Everyone,
Please I will need the opinion of the gurus in the house.
Below are the list of courses I intend applying for.

MSc Artificial Intelligence and data science- Uni Hull.
MSc Logistics and supply chain Mgt - Hull
MSc Business with Business Analytics with Advanced practice- Northumbria University.
MSc Data Analytics with Banking and Finance - Sheffield Hallam.
MSc Logistics ,Data analytics and supply chain Mgt - University of Bradford.

Out of all the courses above, which do you think is the best in terms of getting employment after school.

Note- I have a degree in Mathematics and work in a a bank presently.

Let me quote this as we may end up as classmates because i applied to 2 of the courses above in addition to others.
I also await answers. Are you going for this Sept admission or January? If Sept,just go ahead and apply for all asap because there is currently delay of offers because of the quantity of applications they are currently processing. You can make your choice after you have received the offers.

Find below the skill shortage list for UK.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/skilled-worker-visa-shortage-occupations/skilled-worker-visa-shortage-occupations

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Oluwatohyin: 2:25pm On Jun 07, 2021
Good day.
Please I need advice.
Who can be my sponsor between my mum and my granddad, they both stay in the uk.

My mum is suggesting I use my grand dad as my sponsor because he has properties in the uk and that can be high chance of getting visa meanwhile my mum is a nurse.
Please I need advice.

(1) (2) (3) ... (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) ... (886)

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.