Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,829 members, 7,817,424 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 - Travel (645) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (1309480 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (642) (643) (644) (645) (646) (647) (648) ... (886) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Bourne007(m): 8:10pm On Jul 20, 2021
People's circumstances can change. I will leave it and add a comment to 'Additional Information' stating the reason why. Chikena smiley

May97:
Hi everyone, please i need clarification. While applying for my tb test two months ago i didnt know that I will get sponsorship so I filled the visa category details as visa without sponsorship. Fast forward to now i got a government sponsorship for my tuition and the uk university I applied to is aware of it, do i need to change that particular details on my tb certificate or i should leave it like that and go ahead to apply for my visa.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Oliviaxx(f): 8:17pm On Jul 20, 2021
Glamorouspat1:

Thank you for your response. I graduated 2005 from university of Benin. Most of the lecturers are no more there, I also don't work in an office, I have a shop I which I sell things. Or should I just go to my former department and.meet with any professor for the academic reference.
Yes you can do that too. As long as it’s from the school and department you graduated from. I believe it should suffice
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Callmed: 8:22pm On Jul 20, 2021
donogaga:

It is 1017.60USD
Yea
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Ytd007: 8:26pm On Jul 20, 2021
Thank you, please can you share your e-mail.
TosinKate:
Kindly get in touch via email.

Let me explain further:
About accommodation, the first question will be 'do you know where you will stay' if you select yes, the further question will be 'address'. Here you can choose to put the school address (postcode), which is fine.
For me, I selected No (because that is the truth) and the next question is what is your accommodation plan, I explained that private accommodation arrangement is ongoing but not yet confirmed.

This statement was also included in the consent letter for the dependants. Like we (parents) have the funds for their maintenance in the UK and a private a accommodation arrangement is on going.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by leggyb(m): 8:38pm On Jul 20, 2021
Owlette:
I just paid right now and what I paid was $1014.88 for IHS and surprisingly $496 for visa fee. I don’t know why my visa fee was less than $502

Did you pay yourself? How did you do it? Help me with the procedure you took.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by lajumberg(m): 8:42pm On Jul 20, 2021
The fees is originally in pounds, so the equivalent in dollars depends on the exchange rate which fluctuates every hour.

Owlette:
I just paid right now and what I paid was $1014.88 for IHS and surprisingly $496 for visa fee. I don’t know why my visa fee was less than $502

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by May97: 8:47pm On Jul 20, 2021
Bourne007:
People's circumstances can change. I will leave it and add a comment to 'Additional Information' stating the reason why. Chikena smiley

thank you for the response.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Justice2700: 8:52pm On Jul 20, 2021
Good day everyone, has anyone been to tls Abuja this week(Monday and today Tuesday) or planning to go tomorrow or next. I want to confirm if they are open cus the website is still showing temporarily closed. Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Idaytesj29(m): 8:52pm On Jul 20, 2021
Sijuademi:
Good afternoon everyone,

Pls I need help my huband is try to apply to conventry for MBA, January intake but we only have 1 reference the 2 one (academic ) he's no responding.

What should we do pls @ justwise and gurus in the house.

Or those anyone have lecturer in unilag, he graduated 2010 Dec.

I will appreciate you response.
Thanks in anticipation.

I have family friend who is an associate prof in same school, he called me to stop adding his name to refrees report that he didnt teach me. i told him he doesnt have to cos i need just one academic ref which i will get someone else to do for me. he still insist on not doing it for me. i had to change his name
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Eponymous679: 8:58pm On Jul 20, 2021
Please, does anyone have any information on TLS Abuja? Does anyone know if/when they're opening up? I nor wan waste my transport again.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by leggyb(m): 8:59pm On Jul 20, 2021
Justice2700:
Good day everyone, has anyone been to tls Abuja this week(Monday and today Tuesday) or planning to go tomorrow or next. I want to confirm if they are open cus the website is still showing temporarily closed. Thank ylou.

I am interested in knowing the solution to this. I intend to use abuja for my biometrics too but that notice is not clear
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Dumebi213: 8:59pm On Jul 20, 2021
elleven45:
Which one is NCDC test again kwanu, is it different from the normal covid test? If it’s normal covid test then it doesn’t matter where you take it so far it’s at a recognized center
It has to be NCDC approved for travelers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Dumebi213: 9:09pm On Jul 20, 2021
Ipajaprince:
@Dumebi213 @Bourne007 @scobyy2007 @AAO7 and other gurus in the house my TB test appointment is on Thursday but I was unable to book for my wife because her passport was not ready when I booked mine, now what are the chances of her getting her test done on same day or I just do manual booking for her if i go ahead and make payment on her behalf?

Secondly I'm being sponsored by my mother and she has enough funds to cover for both if us but it is in a fixed deposit account. Will that suffice for POF?

Thirdly I'm going to Ulster University Birmingham campus as I've been waiting for UCB to get back and I intend to pay deposit to Ulster this Friday, how's their pre CAS interview like and how long before they issue CAS.

Thanks all

Hello, I'm also a prospective like you, I no be guru

1. I don't know, from what I saw on Saturday, they are very strict with appointments so I would advise you to contact them in advance to see if she can be added to your reservation as family, either that or book manually for her on Thursday

2. I would advise that your mother transfers the money to you as her sponsorship would not cover your spouse, anyone can correct me if I'm wrong

3. I am not going to ulster so I don't know their process or timeframe but here is a link to a page on their website that lists out possible visa interview question, it is most likely the same questions that would be asked in the pre cas interview https://www.ulster.ac.uk/global/apply/visas-and-immigration/i-need-a-tier-4-visa/applying-for-tier-4-visa-from-outside-the-uk, also generally after paying your deposit, your university should send you a pre cas guide, it should be same for ulster
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Dumebi213: 9:09pm On Jul 20, 2021
OpemipoEsther:

It shouldn’t matter, a friend of mine did her test in Ibadan and travelled through Lagos. As long as the centre is accredited by NCDC, there should be no problem

Thanks esther

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by mayo47(m): 9:09pm On Jul 20, 2021
marztar:

Accounting and finance.

Received my CAS

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by marztar(m): 9:11pm On Jul 20, 2021
mayo47:

Received my CAS
Congrats.
MMU ?
When?
Is it the same course?
When did you apply for it?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by marztar(m): 9:14pm On Jul 20, 2021
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Dumebi213: 9:21pm On Jul 20, 2021
May97:
Hi everyone, please i need clarification. While applying for my tb test two months ago i didnt know that I will get sponsorship so I filled the visa category details as visa without sponsorship. Fast forward to now i got a government sponsorship for my tuition and the uk university I applied to is aware of it, do i need to change that particular details on my tb certificate or i should leave it like that and go ahead to apply for my visa.

I read there is a space for additional information when applying for your visa, you can explain there alternatively you can go the safe route and go for a correction at IOM, you don't need an appointment for that and it costs 8500
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Guvy(m): 9:25pm On Jul 20, 2021
folaranmi1009:
Good morning guys... Pls if somone wants to do a new passport, do they ask for guarantor.. this my friend said i should stand as her guarantor that i should send my bio-data page and NIN num...i want to know if this is the new procedure abi its a scam

It is not a scam. I work with Nigeria Immigration Service. Their is always a guarantor form in the application, and what is required his, a guarantor the International passport Bio-datapage, a photocopy of NIN slip or driver's licence and a passport photograph. The applicant will fill the form and take the filled form to a court of law for stamp.

The reason most people do not know is, the officers used to assist applicants to do it before, but now applicants are advised to do everything themselves

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by ariyike23(f): 9:28pm On Jul 20, 2021
Ipajaprince:
@Dumebi213 @Bourne007 @scobyy2007 @AAO7 and other gurus in the house my TB test appointment is on Thursday but I was unable to book for my wife because her passport was not ready when I booked mine, now what are the chances of her getting her test done on same day or I just do manual booking for her if i go ahead and make payment on her behalf?

Secondly I'm being sponsored by my mother and she has enough funds to cover for both if us but it is in a fixed deposit account. Will that suffice for POF?

Thirdly I'm going to Ulster University Birmingham campus as I've been waiting for UCB to get back and I intend to pay deposit to Ulster this Friday, how's their pre CAS interview like and how long before they issue CAS.

Thanks all

I don’t think your mom can sponsor your wife . Better to have the money for the both of you transferred to your account. Only spouse or parents can sponsor as per POF
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by samoji84(m): 9:28pm On Jul 20, 2021
It appears there are no Bournemouth University prospective students here for September intake.

If you are for September intake, please let us connect.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Ipajaprince(m): 10:01pm On Jul 20, 2021
Thanks for your response. I will look into your input as well

Dumebi213:

Hello, I'm also a prospective like you, I no be guru

1. I don't know, from what I saw on Saturday, they are very strict with appointments so I would advise you to contact them in advance to see if she can be added to your reservation as family, either that or book manually for her on Thursday

2. I would advise that your mother transfers the money to you as her sponsorship would not cover your spouse, anyone can correct me if I'm wrong

3. I am not going to ulster so I don't know their process or timeframe but here is a link to a page on their website that lists out possible visa interview question, it is most likely the same questions that would be asked in the pre cas interview https://www.ulster.ac.uk/global/apply/visas-and-immigration/i-need-a-tier-4-visa/applying-for-tier-4-visa-from-outside-the-uk, also generally after paying your deposit, your university should send you a pre cas guide, it should be same for ulster
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by decong: 10:02pm On Jul 20, 2021
Good day great people. please I need your help. do we have people going to university of Southampton in September. I got my unconditional offer email today. please what are the next step to take? can I put money in the account I want to use for the visa processing now as it will be a new account?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by feyijo: 10:02pm On Jul 20, 2021
You can’t use the statement of account of a limited liability company!
Move the funds to your personal account ASAP ans you are good to go.

Gbomzie:
Hello,
Please, I have an issue and I am loosing my mind. My parents are sponsoring my master's, and I have paid the deposit fee and bought my ticket sef.

I needed to get the bank statement and I realised that the finds are in a corporate account where I am a director. It's too late to move the finds and wait for 28 or rather, 29 days.
They said they'll provide sufficient information showing that I am a director, and the course benefits the company. But I am still scared. Has anyone tried this before? Did it work?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Ipajaprince(m): 10:06pm On Jul 20, 2021
Thanks for your response..I see that as a possibility too. I will work on that.

ariyike23:

I don’t think your mom can sponsor your wife . Better to have the money for the both of you transferred to your account. Only spouse or parents can sponsor as per POF
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by decong: 10:14pm On Jul 20, 2021
decong:
Good day great people. please I need your help. do we have people going to university of Southampton in September. I got my unconditional offer email today. please what are the next step to take? can I put money in the account I want to use for the visa processing now as it will be a new account?

please can someone help on this
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Bourne007(m): 10:19pm On Jul 20, 2021
Even if they are applying at the same time?

Dumebi213:

ariyike23:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Dumebi213: 10:32pm On Jul 20, 2021
Bourne007:
Even if they are applying at the same time?

According to this, I do not think "partner's parent" can sponsor a dependent

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Dumebi213: 10:35pm On Jul 20, 2021
decong:

please can someone help on this

pay your fee, get your cas, get a TB test done, apply for your visa

I don't think an account being new affects anything, if you aren't sure read through the thread, I'm sure there's an answer in one of the pages

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Owlette: 10:38pm On Jul 20, 2021
My brother in the US paid for me. I just gave him my login details.
leggyb:

Did you pay yourself? How did you do it? Help me with the procedure you took.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by decong: 10:44pm On Jul 20, 2021
Dumebi213:

pay your fee, get your cas, get a TB test done, apply for your visa

I don't think an account being new affects anything, if you aren't sure read through the thread, I'm sure there's an answer in one of the pages
thanks so much.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by iletuntun456: 10:50pm On Jul 20, 2021
Hello Fam,

Abeg, am looking for a masters in Uk on Business analytics. Range is 11-13k pounds,

Been searching so hard.

I

(1) (2) (3) ... (642) (643) (644) (645) (646) (647) (648) ... (886)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.