Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,332 members, 7,822,582 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:18 PM

The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over - Autos (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over (56776 Views)

Do You Still Have This 1982 Mercedes Benz. Is It Worth N1m As Vintage? / Why The Sudden Madness For Benz Cars? / Just For (BENZ LOVERS)Toks M/BENZ. C240.saloon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by IkpuMmadu: 2:43pm On Dec 28, 2020
Bensonezege:
my broda,am a performance and turbo/horsepowers type of guy,i don try Japanese cars e dull me
D other day i was traveling with my guy's Lexus rx350 omo na so one cls 63 pass me with so much noise and power aswear d Lexus begin dy shake and lose traction i had to slow down,i have owned two different benz but i neva jam ds one
There and then i made up my mind to buy d car in January but i heard its scarce tho

Go and give testimony that you didnt make the mistake of racing that benz.... By now we would be singing your requiem in that your Toyota Lexus rx 350 ...

Dude you still don't get it, C63 isn't the ordinary benz ... It's a tuned benz by AM fùcking G ... There are 4 types of benz bro ... The Benz, the AMG tuned , The Brabus Tuned and the Maybach

Now how dare you think you can do a C63 racing with that RX 350.... dude that car is a machine .. I mean only the exhaust note would make you sustain your morning erêctions and if your woman sits in it, the AC would make her cum over and over

That car is just a performance car and it rare, for you to want that machine, it's either you are a greedy man or you understand what performance is ... Unfortunately people who own it don't sell it most times bro ... You really have to look for it

2 Likes

Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by IkpuMmadu: 2:47pm On Dec 28, 2020
44Bulldog:

I know and I do admire the Benz pickup truck (x-class I think)... especially the tuned one

Bro, I guess you and ur babe never see ford F-150 raptor before... she'll become wet instantly cheesy

But in terms of pickup bro, nothing comes closer to Ford raptor any day, anytime

Ford raptor (tuned) any day, anytime, twice on Saturday bro

Benz don't build anyhow pickup bro .... They build one of a kind pick up

Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by iLearner: 2:47pm On Dec 28, 2020
Bjornson01:
I will pick a Lexus LFA above any of these, and a base model price for the LFA starts from 152 million naira. wink

If I were you and I want complete luxury, I rather go for the Mercedes AMG ONE with a starting price of 1.2 billion naira wink

2 Likes

Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by 44Bulldog(m): 2:52pm On Dec 28, 2020
IkpuMmadu:

Benz don't build anyhow pickup bro .... They build one of a kind pick up

Yeah I know but they're kind of new in the game of building modern pick up bro

And yes...those are tuned ones

Can u please upload dope pics of Ford raptor F-150...I have problem uploading from my side

I mean tuned ones...black

Mercedes Benz doesn't make top 10 pick up truck manufacturer where as ford made two spots (one more than any manufacturer). Ford ranger and Ford raptor

Next time...stop arguing blindly
Stop following the masses dey shout Benz Benz up and down
Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by seanwilliam(m): 2:55pm On Dec 28, 2020
I no blame op sha.. the guy is used to seeing Lexus and Toyota..

3 Likes

Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by Jadeng: 2:57pm On Dec 28, 2020
@Op,
Both are in their own separate lanes o...
There certain attributes you CANNOT take away from the German machines...

1 Like

Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by Basher8583: 3:00pm On Dec 28, 2020
Beverlyjean:
Lexus can never replace the ultimate symbol of success... bmw , range rover all tried but failed and those a bigger brands .... the G 63 will buy u 2 lexus LX 570... the c 400 will get u 2 is250 , the S 550 will get u about 4 lexus LS ... I have mercedes and lexus ... mercedes is better well

Let's be sincere with ourselves here. The problem the benz puts you through hen, you will wish you had a Lexus.

Benz owners be suffering and smiling for the cameras.

1 Like

Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by SavageResponse(m): 3:02pm On Dec 28, 2020
44Bulldog:

It cost more to maintain most BMWs
I stand to be corrected undecided

I once owned a BMW so I can tell you that the reason why it costs more money to maintain in Nigeria is cos there are few mechanics for the brand and also Nigerians avoid buying the car due to unavailability of the spare parts when compared to that of Benz

1 Like

Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by Bensonezege: 3:05pm On Dec 28, 2020
IkpuMmadu:

Go and give testimony that you didnt make the mistake of racing that benz.... By now we would be singing your requiem in that your Toyota Lexus rx 350 ...

Dude you still don't get it, C63 isn't the ordinary benz ... It's a tuned benz by AM fùcking G ... There are 4 types of benz bro ... The Benz, the AMG tuned , The Brabus Tuned and the Maybach

Now how dare you think you can do a C63 racing with that RX 350.... dude that car is a machine .. I mean only the exhaust note would make you sustain your morning erêctions and if your woman sits in it, the AC would make her cum over and over

That car is just a performance car and it rare, for you to want that machine, it's either you are a greedy man or you understand what performance is ... Unfortunately people who own it don't sell it most times bro ... You really have to look for it
hahahahahaha na God save me o na on the 24th sef,wen i yarn my guy abt d scenario what he first shouted n said "u dy craze?,u see benz for ur back u no first slow down?" I laff dt day tire.
Don't worry bro,my inlaw dy into importation,he is already sourcing it for me n wen it lands i will post it here

1 Like

Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by 44Bulldog(m): 3:06pm On Dec 28, 2020
SavageResponse:

I once owned a BMW so I can tell you that the reason why it costs more money to maintain in Nigeria is cos there are few mechanics for the brand and also Nigerians avoid buying the car due to unavailability of the spare parts when compared to that of Benz

Nope you're wrong
Beamers are more expensive to maintain everywhere...not Nigeria only, I still stand to be corrected one more time and most BMWs are more expensive to buy than Benz!
Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by Bensonezege: 3:09pm On Dec 28, 2020
Jadeng:
@Op,
Both are in their own separate lanes o...
There certain attributes you CANNOT take away from the German machines...
thank you bro,he really does not know what GERMAN MACHINE means,imagine that Volkswagen(Germany)own almost all supercars in the world even d almighty Bugatti
Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by antibullshit: 3:11pm On Dec 28, 2020
Whoever wrote this article only proved that they don't know very much about cars.

2 Likes

Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by IkpuMmadu: 3:12pm On Dec 28, 2020
Bensonezege:
hahahahahaha na God save me o na on the 24th sef,wen i yarn my guy abt d scenario what he first shouted n said "u dy craze?,u see benz for ur back u no first slow down?" I laff dt day tire.
Don't worry bro,my inlaw dy into importation,he is already sourcing it for me n wen it lands i will post it here
when you get it, let's drink to it... I push a 4matic though not AMG , TRUST me when I see these lexus speed I just laugh.... With my ETS, BAS feature... I just rev the car and dust them but I don't do more than 120 - 140 km/h these days our roads are terrible ... CLK are speed cars naturally now you come get C63 AMG or Brabus....dude na him be say you are driving a speedster

I can't even race that C 63.. I dey craze ? I know my mates... That car is just damn fücking machine.. the exhaust note can sustain an erêction and even delay your release... But no knack inside am.... Shaaaa

Good one bro
Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by IkpuMmadu: 3:16pm On Dec 28, 2020
SavageResponse:

though I drive a benz .. I still owe myself a 3 series ... BMW produce good cars
Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by IkpuMmadu: 3:18pm On Dec 28, 2020
Basher8583:

Let's be sincere with ourselves here. The problem the benz puts you through hen, you will wish you had a Lexus.

Benz owners be suffering and smiling for the cameras.

Bros I have driven benz for years and I can't remember changing huns likee when I was in japs or opening engine

Benz isn't a cheap car to maintain and the owners don't complain unless you want to beef them bro
Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by IkpuMmadu: 3:19pm On Dec 28, 2020
44Bulldog:

Can u please upload dope pics of Ford raptor F-150...I have problem uploading from my side

Mercedes Benz doesn't make top 10 pick up truck manufacturer where as ford made two spots (one more than any manufacturer). Ford ranger and Ford raptor

You are right... Benz don't build pick ups shaaa.... F150 is a good truck I must say the V8 I'd amazing
Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by EzegeNdiigbo: 3:20pm On Dec 28, 2020
[color=#770077][/color] cool I have gat more than this ditch
Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by IkpuMmadu: 3:21pm On Dec 28, 2020
44Bulldog:

You got it right, benz isn't for masses , I have driven two benz and I likely to buy another
Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by 44Bulldog(m): 3:27pm On Dec 28, 2020
antibullshit:
Whoever wrote this article only proved that they don't know very much about cars.

Learn to read and comprehend

He's talking about popularity not performance

Read again
Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by Elxandre(m): 3:31pm On Dec 28, 2020
chccho:

Thats what u think but u are are wrong!!!

Lol. Do more research. Start from YouTube.
The Gclass is better then even the range Rover at off roading.
Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by Tenshades(m): 3:34pm On Dec 28, 2020
44Bulldog:

I know and I do admire the Benz pickup truck (x-class I think)... especially the tuned one

Bro, I guess you and ur babe never see ford F-150 raptor before... she'll become wet instantly cheesy

But in terms of pickup bro, nothing comes closer to Ford raptor any day, anytime

Ford raptor (tuned) any day, anytime, twice on Saturday bro

Ooooooooohhh....I need to buy you wine for this...

Ford F150 ROUSH version too is cool.

But shelby Raptor is bae.

grin

1 Like

Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by 44Bulldog(m): 3:48pm On Dec 28, 2020
Elxandre:

Lol. Do more research. Start from YouTube.
The Gclass is better then even the range Rover at off roading.

"Land Rover defender" says Hi

Much more better than the G-class

1 Like

Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by NewDelhi(m): 3:57pm On Dec 28, 2020
44Bulldog:

Learn to read and comprehend

He's talking about popularity not performance

Read again
I was talking about popularity, the "Benz or nothing" people turned it to a performance context. The go about screaming Benz and if you ask them some questions and specs about the car , they don't know.
Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by CaptainZubi: 4:06pm On Dec 28, 2020
44Bulldog:

It cost more to maintain most BMWs
I stand to be corrected undecided
The way these guys hype this Benz of a thing ehn, it's truly a "craze". There's nothing special about a Benz , alot of regular and financially average peeps own and drive it around here. I read from page one to here someone said Benz is the status of wealth hahaha. So what will a person that own a Bugatti or rolls Royce now say? In Europe and the USA, Benz isn't that popular. Asides from exotic cars like Nissan gtr, Aston martin, Koenigsegg, Ferrari and those categories, Audi and BMW comes next. Infact you will see five thousand BMW and Audi before you sight one single Benz. Benz is good but the hype given to it in the Nigerian market is irritating.

3 Likes

Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by CaptainZubi: 4:11pm On Dec 28, 2020
SocialJustice:
No mind am, if e see N5m S class buy e go say e be benz owner too, when guys are dolling out N30m and above to buy something a bit recent and the big boys are hovering between N100m-N300m.
No Nigerian will waste 100-300M on a Benz model. That 300M will buy you a Lamborghini urus which is suitable for Nigerian roads and change will remain to club at quilox for the rest of your life. You go get 300M con dey buy Benz lol. You know nothing about cars.

As per the Benz fans you are you fit mention a model of your beloved Benz better than the urus

1 Like

Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by 44Bulldog(m): 4:15pm On Dec 28, 2020
NewDelhi:

I was talking about popularity, the "Benz or nothing" people turned it to a performance context. The go about screaming Benz and if you ask them some questions and specs about the car , they don't know.

One was even trying to compare Ford raptor F-150 with Mercedes Benz X class...untill I directed him to Google... The so called X class doesn't even make top 10 spot of the best pickup truck....ford raptor and ranger made top 10...we have the likes of Nissan, Honda, Toyota, GMC, VC in the top 10. But because people dey shout Benz Benz up and down, he wan drag Ford raptor with Mercedes Benz X class... Although he later realized he f*uked up without consulting Google before yarning benz benz!
Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by 44Bulldog(m): 4:21pm On Dec 28, 2020
CaptainZubi:

The way these guys hype this Benz of a thing ehn, it's truly a "craze". There's nothing special about a Benz , alot of regular and financially average peeps own and drive it around here. I read from page one to here someone said Benz is the status of wealth hahaha. So what will a person that own a Bugatti or rolls Royce now say? In Europe and the USA, Benz isn't that popular. Asides from exotic cars like Nissan gtr, Aston martin, Koenigsegg, Ferrari and those categories, Audi and BMW comes next. Infact you will see five thousand BMW and Audi before you sight one single Benz. Benz is good but the hype given to it in the Nigerian market is irritating.

Aswear the hype too much...kilode

Last time I checked...most BMWs are more expensive and perform better than benz
Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by Flynnthekidd(m): 4:30pm On Dec 28, 2020
NewDelhi:

See ehn bros most of them have never even driven or own a Benz but you'll see them shouting Benz or nothing like they own the latest model. Remove brabus , g wagon, nothing dey Benz. There are a ton of brands out there that will give you a better performance for lesser price. Lexus is one of them. Those Benz fans if you ask them weytin be ordinary torque, they don't even know. Benz is a good ride no doubt but the hype in Nigeria is alarming. One of them was even saying Benz is a status of success and money lol so weytin you go now call person wey get Audi or BMW

Na just the mentality... na things wey dey reign their eyes they enter...even for Toyota trims, if you ask them wetin XLE,LE mean they no go know. Even V6,V8,V12... they no know but na to shout Benz like say na Rolls Royce
Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by chccho(m): 4:37pm On Dec 28, 2020
44Bulldog:

"Land Rover defender" says Hi

More better than the G-class
Pls enlighten them o! Na so dem go dey shout benz benz benz!!! Some dont even know what AMG, 4MATIC, or Brabus Stand for..
Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by Flynnthekidd(m): 4:38pm On Dec 28, 2020
44Bulldog:

One was even trying to compare Ford raptor F-150 with Mercedes Benz X class...untill I directed him to Google... The so called X class doesn't even make top 10 spot of the best pickup truck....ford raptor and ranger made top 10...we have the likes of Nissan, Honda, Toyota, GMC, VC in the top 10. But because people dey shout Benz Benz up and down, he wan drag Ford raptor with Mercedes Benz X class... Although he later realized he f*uked up without consulting Google before yarning benz benz!

Ahhhh!! Imagine the disrespect...Ford Raptor?? The person ment? X class that was a disaster...I don't think it lasted up to a year before they pulled the plug on the car even Mercedes called the car a disaster! The person no call Chevrolet Colorado, GMC Sierra,Toyoto Tacoma(I sure say the person never hear of this trucks) to follow Raptor compete na X class...omo people get mind ooooo
Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by chccho(m): 4:40pm On Dec 28, 2020
Pls if u dont know the meaning of LE, XLE, 4MATIC,AMG,BRABUS,GT,GTI,V6,V8 V4 dont shout benz here
Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by 44Bulldog(m): 4:43pm On Dec 28, 2020
Flynnthekidd:

Ahhhh!! Imagine the disrespect...Ford Raptor?? The person ment? X class that was a disaster...I don't think it lasted up to a year before they pulled the plug on the car even Mercedes called the car a disaster! The person no call Chevrolet Colorado, GMC Sierra,Toyoto Tacoma(I sure say the person never hear of this trucks) to follow Raptor compete na X class...omo people get mind ooooo

Their matter just tire me aswear

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Inside Innoson Factory: From Production To Final Quality Check- Pictures / I'm Trying To Ship A Car To Nigeria From Us / Spare Key Cannot Start The Car But Can Open Doors.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.