Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,342 members, 7,822,617 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:54 PM

The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over - Autos (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over (56777 Views)

Do You Still Have This 1982 Mercedes Benz. Is It Worth N1m As Vintage? / Why The Sudden Madness For Benz Cars? / Just For (BENZ LOVERS)Toks M/BENZ. C240.saloon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by 44Bulldog(m): 4:51pm On Dec 28, 2020
chccho:

Pls enlighten them o! Na so dem go dey shout benz benz benz!!! Some dont even know what AMG, 4MATIC, or Brabus Stand for..

Their matter just tire me...Dem no go hear word

What most of them don't understand is that comparison is not by performance alone but in conjunction with "PRICE".... Price is among the major factor in comparison

Performance in relation to price is the real comparison (like is it worth it)

Imagine....the G class is like 3X the price of the LR defender and the LR defender can easily deliver what G-class has to offer, as a sane person, which one will u go for? But we Nigerians follow the masses asses and hype
Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by Beverlyjean(f): 4:57pm On Dec 28, 2020
SavageResponse:

I have never left the country before? grin What a joke, besides what does it even have anything to do with the question I asked you grin grin

When it comes to cars women are the same everywhere

It's already obvious to me that you're a male posing as a female!

So u haven't heard of female bloggers or u dont watch top gear on BBC...or haven't u heard of Danica Patrick...as reiterate , u are not well exposed
Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by Flynnthekidd(m): 4:57pm On Dec 28, 2020
Vintagepipes:

I guess you are still pretty young (under 20 years). You will not understand the craze around >Mercedes-Benz 190, "V-Boot" and Mercedes "220 and 230 in the early and mid-90s and early 2000s. It was the ultimate symbol of wealth or status or at least higher middle-class status in Nigeria. Nothing dwarfed them... These were the classics.

Lol do you even know the meaning of "Ultimate"?? True the "V-Boot" is a classic but it wasn't the ultimate symbol of wealth or status...no try talk that thing again! It was actually more affordable than most of other luxury brand that were way out of reach of some rich folks but calling it The "Ultimate symbol of wealth" is a no no! Why it kinda stood out apart from it being cheap as compared to other brands, was it's speed and power but in terms of Reliability, Luxury, Driving Experience etc it couldn't stand up to some cars...Roll Royce, Cadillac,Aston Martins, Bentley,Audi,BMW are way ahead
Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by Flynnthekidd(m): 5:01pm On Dec 28, 2020
sacajawea:

What "power" does it deliver?

Power in terms of Speed
Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by sacajawea: 5:04pm On Dec 28, 2020
Flynnthekidd:

Power in terms of Speed
Who needs Speed in Nigeria?
What we need is ruggedity, Durability, Strength to face the Toughest road conditions etc.
Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by Flynnthekidd(m): 5:06pm On Dec 28, 2020
sacajawea:

Who needs Speed in Nigeria?
What we need is ruggedity, Durability, Strength to face the Toughest road conditions etc.

Benz cartainly won't give you those...Brabus would
Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by SavageResponse(m): 5:15pm On Dec 28, 2020
Beverlyjean:

So u haven't heard of female bloggers or u dont watch top gear on BBC...or haven't u heard of Danica Patrick...as reiterate , u are not well exposed

Bro stop being so defensive. I already know you're a male grin
Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by Bobxin: 5:37pm On Dec 28, 2020
Ugandatales:

Lexus worth 300 M? Please sir, what did you smoke before typing this?

3 Likes

Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by Bensonezege: 5:44pm On Dec 28, 2020
CaptainZubi:

The way these guys hype this Benz of a thing ehn, it's truly a "craze". There's nothing special about a Benz , alot of regular and financially average peeps own and drive it around here. I read from page one to here someone said Benz is the status of wealth hahaha. So what will a person that own a Bugatti or rolls Royce now say? In Europe and the USA, Benz isn't that popular. Asides from exotic cars like Nissan gtr, Aston martin, Koenigsegg, Ferrari and those categories, Audi and BMW comes next. Infact you will see five thousand BMW and Audi before you sight one single Benz. Benz is good but the hype given to it in the Nigerian market is irritating.
thank God you said Nigerian market
Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by Basher8583: 5:48pm On Dec 28, 2020
IkpuMmadu:

Bros I have driven benz for years and I can't remember changing huns likee when I was in japs or opening engine

Benz isn't a cheap car to maintain and the owners don't complain unless you want to beef them bro

The owners do complain.
Which model year did you drive then that you can't remember changing huns.lol

Those cars don't have a good resale value and you know that.
Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by Nobody: 6:06pm On Dec 28, 2020
Funflipper:

[/b]Flee for the love of your wallet[b]. They are money pits that is why they are so cheap.
Lol thanks bro grin
Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by Nobody: 6:06pm On Dec 28, 2020
IkpuMmadu:
if you want to buy the car, please buy once the engine and geae are good. .benz is well built

Follow your heart, we come life once
Thanks for the advise.
Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by SocialJustice: 6:16pm On Dec 28, 2020
CaptainZubi:

No Nigerian will waste 100-300M on a Benz model. That 300M will buy you a Lamborghini urus which is suitable for Nigerian roads and change will remain to club at quilox for the rest of your life. You go get 300M con dey buy Benz lol. You know nothing about cars.

As per the Benz fans you are you fit mention a model of your beloved Benz better than the urus
Speak for yourself, the people driving 2020 S, G Wagens and bullet proof variants in Nigeria are not ghosts.
Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by CaptainZubi: 6:19pm On Dec 28, 2020
SocialJustice:
Speak for yourself, the people driving 2020 S and G Wagens and bullet proof variants are not ghosts.
You shot yourself in the foot. A 2020 model of any car brand out there would definitely cost some money. Moreso even a beetle bullet proof will cost you money.
Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by SocialJustice: 6:21pm On Dec 28, 2020
CaptainZubi:

You shot yourself in the foot. A 2020 model of any car brand out there would definitely cost some money. Moreso even a beetle bullet proof will cost you money.
I'm bleeding oh my goodness I'm gonna not die.... cheesy cheesy cheesy Commot here.
Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by SocialJustice: 6:24pm On Dec 28, 2020
Readonee35L:

Mumu people full this forum.
No vex brother
I enjoy it sometimes, just for bants especially as this is not a political or ethnic discussion.

1 Like

Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by Beverlyjean(f): 6:32pm On Dec 28, 2020
SavageResponse:

Bro stop being so defensive. I already know you're a male grin

Whatever...ur belief , ur life
Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by NewDelhi(m): 6:38pm On Dec 28, 2020
Readonee35L:

Mumu people full this forum.
No vex brother
Yeah, alot of mumu people full this forum die.

Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by Vintagepipes: 8:00pm On Dec 28, 2020
Flynnthekidd:

Lol do you even know the meaning of "Ultimate"?? True the "V-Boot" is a classic but it wasn't the ultimate symbol of wealth or status...no try talk that thing again! It was actually more affordable than most of other luxury brand that were way out of reach of some rich folks but calling it The "Ultimate symbol of wealth" is a no no! Why it kinda stood out apart from it being cheap as compared to other brands, was it's speed and power but in terms of Reliability, Luxury, Driving Experience etc it couldn't stand up to some cars...Roll Royce, Cadillac,Aston Martins, Bentley,Audi,BMW are way ahead
Guy! during that period, v-booth was synonymous with being a "big man"... That was the symbol, you could have other cars during this period I stated but you just must have a Mercedes-Benz.. Name the BMW, Audi, Aston Martins and Bentley brand that stood out as a symbol the way Merced Benz V-Booth did. Mercedes-Benz 190 was for the younger men who were in the same position Yahoo boy are occupying in this present generation.
Ross-Royce was just exclusive to a few, the Ross-Royce were manufactured with a limited number of customers in mind and not like the mass-produced entry-level luxury cars like Mercedes Benz "V-Booth" aqnd The smaller Benz 190.
Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by newspipo: 8:07pm On Dec 28, 2020
It's like comparing iPhone with Tecno. Benz all the way

NewDelhi:
Sometimes ago, a nairalander compared the sudden madness for Benz cars to the madness Nigerians had for blackberry between 2007 and 2013. He was bashed , insulted and bruised. He was right afterall, it was the Yahoo boys and street musicians that made Benz so popular. It was so bad a particular nairalander was even comparing a Benz model to the rolls Royce wriath.

There was a time Range Rover was the reigning thing, Benz took over and Toyota venza came into the limelight briefly. Now it's Lexus. Which will be next?
Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by IkpuMmadu: 8:21pm On Dec 28, 2020
Basher8583:

The owners do complain.
Which model year did you drive then that you can't remember changing huns.lol

Those cars don't have a good resale value and you know that.

He is talking resale... Dude are you buying a car to enjoy or resale.... Most benz owners buy them to enjoy confirm and handling not reselling .. that is japanese thing

You must understand the philosophy behind owning a benz... I have driven two benzes and that is the philosophy... Next you talk about fuel.... Trust me benz owners don't care about that either
Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by Bjornson01(m): 9:20pm On Dec 28, 2020
iLearner:

If I were you and I want complete luxury, I rather go for the Mercedes AMG ONE with a starting price of 1.2 billion naira wink
True cry
Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by 44Bulldog(m): 9:27pm On Dec 28, 2020
newspipo:
It's like comparing iPhone with Tecno. Benz all the way

Na them....Dem don carry their mouth come

Dem no go read and comprehend
Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by Questavo: 9:29pm On Dec 28, 2020
NewDelhi:
Sometimes ago, a nairalander compared the sudden madness for Benz cars to the madness Nigerians had for blackberry between 2007 and 2013. He was bashed , insulted and bruised. He was right afterall, it was the Yahoo boys and street musicians that made Benz so popular. It was so bad a particular nairalander was even comparing a Benz model to the rolls Royce wriath.

There was a time Range Rover was the reigning thing, Benz took over and Toyota venza came into the limelight briefly. Now it's Lexus. Which will be next?
Abeg mention any celebrety wey no get benz. And mention any celebrety wey get lexus

Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by Elxandre(m): 9:57pm On Dec 28, 2020
44Bulldog:

I know and I do admire the Benz pickup truck (x-class I think)... especially the tuned one

Bro, I guess you and ur babe never see ford F-150 raptor before... she'll become wet instantly cheesy

But in terms of pickup bro, nothing comes closer to Ford raptor any day, anytime

Ford raptor (tuned) any day, anytime, twice on Saturday bro
Me that I'm a man sef I'm turned on looking at the pictures grin
Though that Benz badge is unmatched for women my guy.
Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by Endsars2020: 10:35pm On Dec 28, 2020
This is wrong though. From comparisons I have s seen from Google, G wagon is better.

44Bulldog:

Their matter just tire me...Dem no go hear word

What most of them don't understand is that comparison is not by performance alone but in conjunction with "PRICE".... Price is among the major factor in comparison

Performance in relation to price is the real comparison (like is it worth it)

Imagine....the G class is like 3X the price of the LR defender and the LR defender can easily deliver what G-class has to offer, as a sane person, which one will u go for? But we Nigerians follow the masses asses and hype
Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by 44Bulldog(m): 10:38pm On Dec 28, 2020
Endsars2020:
This is wrong though. From comparisons I have s seen from Google, G wagon is better.

Did u read through what you just quoted?
Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by Endsars2020: 10:44pm On Dec 28, 2020
Is G CLASS different from GWAGON?

44Bulldog:

Did u read through what you just quoted?
Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by 44Bulldog(m): 10:47pm On Dec 28, 2020
Endsars2020:
Is G CLASS different from GWAGON?

Did u read through and comprehend what you quoted the last time?
Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by Endsars2020: 10:53pm On Dec 28, 2020
I did why you saying the LR gives you the same value with the G Class?

44Bulldog:

Did u read through and comprehend what you quoted the last time?
Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by 44Bulldog(m): 12:24am On Dec 29, 2020

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Inside Innoson Factory: From Production To Final Quality Check- Pictures / I'm Trying To Ship A Car To Nigeria From Us / Spare Key Cannot Start The Car But Can Open Doors.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.