Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,845 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:41 PM

The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over - Autos (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over (56724 Views)

Do You Still Have This 1982 Mercedes Benz. Is It Worth N1m As Vintage? / Why The Sudden Madness For Benz Cars? / Just For (BENZ LOVERS)Toks M/BENZ. C240.saloon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by Cali4by4: 7:58am On Dec 28, 2020
Lexus can only try. Daimler-Benz on a different level. Lexus is in the class of lnfiniti, Acura.....even Audi still on a different lane with Lexus. Don't get it twisted. When you see serious benz and not watered-down versions.

1 Like

Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by yusufu16: 7:58am On Dec 28, 2020
MickzyDonald:

Lexus is also classy, but it shouldn't be compared to BENZ at all grin

You dont know anything about cars. There are many brands far better than Benz in terms of luxury, reliability, safety, durability, etc.

2 Likes

Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by Nobody: 7:58am On Dec 28, 2020
You get money to buy latest Benz?
Benz is of many categories and some are quite expensive to afford.
Unlike Lexus, the latest model comes the others fade away.
Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by Ugandatales: 8:00am On Dec 28, 2020
Beverlyjean:
Lexus can never replace the ultimate symbol of success... bmw , range rover all tried but failed and those a bigger brands .... the G 63 will buy u 2 lexus LX 570... the c 400 will get u 2 is250 , the S 550 will get u about 4 lexus LS ... I have mercedes and lexus ... mercedes is better well

I would love to be your friend. smiley
Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by olisaEze(m): 8:01am On Dec 28, 2020
A Lexus is not on the same level as a Benz. Street boys are just realizing that owning a Benz is one level, maintaining the Benz is another. Pls don’t compare sleep & death again, dem no be mate! Meanwhile where all dem vanity crew? grin

1 Like

Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by humilitypays(m): 8:01am On Dec 28, 2020
NihiIist:

All these Benz this Benz that una dey hype. Benz no cost now so how will you say it's the symbol of success lol. That's blasphemy. You go see better s class for 5M sef. Asides the gwagon series, Benz is cheap and affordable.

ACRI BrightJay SocialJustice
Don't mind crowd following Nigerians.

Mercedes Benz cars aren't costly like they hype it. In fact the Tokunbo is cheap even in the US because people run from it cos of economy.

Only the Maybach and Gclass models are costly.

1 Like

Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by Eyeofemmanuel(m): 8:03am On Dec 28, 2020
NewDelhi:
Sometimes ago, a nairalander compared the sudden madness for Benz cars to the madness Nigerians had for blackberry between 2007 and 2013. He was bashed , insulted and bruised. He was right afterall, it was the Yahoo boys and street musicians that made Benz so popular. It was so bad a particular nairalander was even comparing a Benz model to the rolls Royce wriath.

There was a time Range Rover was the reigning thing, Benz took over and Toyota venza came into the limelight briefly. Now it's Lexus. Which will be next?
It like havin benz conversations all day only to go home and have Lexua Dreams
My AMG GLE coupe is on its way IJN �
I claim it this morning
Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by Ugandatales: 8:03am On Dec 28, 2020
Nuel4:
Why do lexus seats tear? All the Naija used lexus I've seen all had torn leather

lol! This is funny.
Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by Nobody: 8:03am On Dec 28, 2020
NihiIist:
Moreover most of these foreign manufacturers know alot of Nigerians love luxury but can't afford it. They know Nigerians love premium luxury but they don't have the money so what they do is give you something a little close to luxury. That's the case with Benz, it's an economy class luxury.
Exactly, same thing samsung phones manufacturers are doing now.
Before Samsung comes in premium luxury just like iphones but now it is of different range e.g midrange, premium, low range budget so that lovers of their products can afford it.
Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by Kellie069(m): 8:03am On Dec 28, 2020
But how do you compare Lexus n Mercedes Benz?
Benz is on another level my guy
Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by phorget(m): 8:03am On Dec 28, 2020
Las-las if the two get accident nah scrap aboki go take them buy... undecided

Vanity upon vanity!

1 Like

Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by Ugandatales: 8:04am On Dec 28, 2020
ElRapido:
Tesla on my mind. If it's not Tesla, it's not a car.

How will you regularly charge the car in Naija?
Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by peteofi(m): 8:04am On Dec 28, 2020
MrHandsome2013:
How much is it?
Currently 10.5mil
Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by Mbbscentric(m): 8:04am On Dec 28, 2020
Beverlyjean:
Lexus can never replace the ultimate symbol of success... bmw , range rover all tried but failed and those a bigger brands .... the G 63 will buy u 2 lexus LX 570... the c 400 will get u 2 is250 , the S 550 will get u about 4 lexus LS ... I have mercedes and lexus ... mercedes is better well

Give me one!
Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by pocohantas(f): 8:05am On Dec 28, 2020
The OP isn’t comparing, but trust Nlders to turn it into a Jap Vs German car argument.

Cars come and go. You say there was a time Range Rover was reigning? I take it you didn’t know the days of Infiniti and Murano. Even 2.2 had its time. grin grin

11 Likes

Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by yusufu16: 8:05am On Dec 28, 2020
NihiIist:

All these Benz this Benz that una dey hype. Benz no cost now so how will you say it's the symbol of success lol. That's blasphemy. You go see better s class for 5M sef. Asides the gwagon series, Benz is cheap and affordable.

ACRI BrightJay SocialJustice

Dont mind them. There are many cars far better than benz. They dont check international car reviews.

How many times has Benz won car of the year in international motor shows.

2 Likes

Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by Ugandatales: 8:06am On Dec 28, 2020
NewDelhi:

@v2 I tire for them lol and the funniest thing is that some or most of them have never own, currently own a Benz yet you'll see them coming online to hype the car like there's no tomorrow. The craze for this thing is very similar to the blackberry craze of years back. It will gradually fade and something else will begin to reign before that one fades too

You know another another funny thing, alot of die hard fans of Benz are mostly youths and younglings who have zero taste and money. Older people have greater taste and you'll never see them with a Benz .

I don't blame you , u go see better s class 5-7 M. Benz no cost, na poor man's luxury. Even Lexus have models worth over 200-300M so what are you saying? That Lexus model wey ochacho gift davido is worth almost a hundred.

Lexus worth 300 M? Please sir, what did you smoke before typing this?

7 Likes

Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by Nobody: 8:07am On Dec 28, 2020
iLearner:
Lmao
What lexus would you choose over any of these luxuries?
Even the one buhari is using is a bad ass Benz.

2 Likes

Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by Nobody: 8:07am On Dec 28, 2020
cool
Not used benz b4
But planning on adding it to my 017 mdx and my current 018 rx350

I want the gle450 coupe

Just mechanic scare me if they can repair it

8 Likes

Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by yusufu16: 8:09am On Dec 28, 2020
NewDelhi:

@v2 I tire for them lol and the funniest thing is that some or most of them have never own, currently own a Benz yet you'll see them coming online to hype the car like there's no tomorrow. The craze for this thing is very similar to the blackberry craze of years back. It will gradually fade and something else will begin to reign before that one fades too

You know another another funny thing, alot of die hard fans of Benz are mostly youths and younglings who have zero taste and money. Older people have greater taste and you'll never see them with a Benz .

I don't blame you , u go see better s class 5-7 M. Benz no cost, na poor man's luxury. Even Lexus have models worth over 200-300M so what are you saying? That Lexus model wey ochacho gift davido is worth almost a hundred.

Even the latest Peugeot 508 GT 2020 has more electronic features compare to Benz. Benz is just over rated.

5 Likes

Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by Tenshades(m): 8:09am On Dec 28, 2020
sacajawea:
The "Craze" was there ever a Craze?
Benz is Said by Car experts to be the best quality, strongest, most rugged and most durable among Car Gurus here in Nairaland.
Or is this Just another myth/Stereotype?

The truth be say no be everybody go love Benz no matter the hype.

I personally dislike Benz...seeing Benz turns me off. I no dey look Benz twice. If dem like make dem sell am #2,500. I no go buy am.

grin

1 Like

Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by Memberclub(m): 8:09am On Dec 28, 2020
Trustme2:

Hahahahaha. Bros calm down na. Just be calming down cheesy grin grin grin grin
Nothing last forever. Na Lexus replace Muscle as muscle don too common. No be lie Lexus get class. I love that 2010 ES 350.
I know say fight go full this thread. Grabs my Popcorn. Waiting......
This one no well. Mtchewww
Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by iLearner: 8:11am On Dec 28, 2020
Starzo:

which models are these?
2021 S-class
Maybach S 600
Maybach GLS 600
Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by sacajawea: 8:11am On Dec 28, 2020
Tenshades:

I personally dislike Benz...seeing Benz turns me off. I no dey look Benz twice. If dem like make dem sell am #2,500. I no go buy am.

grin

This is not about hype, but Facts. Is it indeed a better car than most there makes?
I have never used one, so i wouldn't know.
Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by blacknp(m): 8:12am On Dec 28, 2020
MickzyDonald:
Lexis isn't taking over, this is a shit talk

unless they hired you to promote their cars
No way close to taking over, on the contrary Benzo sales have increased most especially the C- Class, & E-Class models.

1 Like

Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by Athemisia: 8:13am On Dec 28, 2020
Trustme2:

Hahahahaha. Bros calm down na. Just be calming down cheesy grin grin grin grin
Nothing last forever. Na Lexus replace Muscle as muscle don too common. No be lie Lexus get class. I love that 2010 ES 350.
I know say fight go full this thread. Grabs my Popcorn. Waiting......
I prefer the 2016 model. It looks much more like a sport car.
Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by Tenshades(m): 8:13am On Dec 28, 2020
pocohantas:
The OP isn’t comparing, but trust Nlders to turn it into a Jap Vs German car argument.

Cars come and go. You say there was a time Range Rover was reigning? I take it you didn’t know the days of Infiniti and Murano. Even 2.2 had its time. grin grin

grin

Murano some years back was my dream vehicle....hahahahahaha.

When I saw Murano on the street recently, I was laughing at myself inside. Chai.

Tears dey comot for my eyes rn. embarassed

3 Likes

Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by shegzhkn: 8:14am On Dec 28, 2020
pocohantas:

Poco you just woke up, ain't that right ??
Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by Sagay212: 8:15am On Dec 28, 2020
Maybe alexis is taking over Benz in abule egba or mowe ibafo where you live. Lexus Kor, leviticus ni.
Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by blacknp(m): 8:15am On Dec 28, 2020
Tenshades:

grin

You shall know them by their words, in all honesty it is quite obvious that you are a poor man.

2 Likes

Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by nairaman66(m): 8:15am On Dec 28, 2020
All Lexus cars are low budget Mercedes Benz. Deal with that!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by ElijahIme1992(m): 8:15am On Dec 28, 2020
NewDelhi:

Oga I beg to differ.....I tink its d other way round

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Inside Innoson Factory: From Production To Final Quality Check- Pictures / I'm Trying To Ship A Car To Nigeria From Us / Spare Key Cannot Start The Car But Can Open Doors.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.