Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,676 members, 7,809,571 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:24 AM

My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her (52425 Views)

Please Help My Wife Bank Account Was Wiped Yesterday / Could It Be My Account Was Used For Scam??? / Mob Beat Man For Robbing Woman Of Her ATM Card. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by Chicastle: 5:33pm On Dec 28, 2020
But, why always GTB? We use old banks though no time to check time in the bank hall with overpopulation
Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by xtervaganza(m): 5:33pm On Dec 28, 2020
Kriss216:
So, what do they expect her to do with the balance of N2467 they left

The money was pulled through POS. It’s a coordinated theft. They waited till 5 am on Friday being public holiday. I believe your sister was asleep when the transaction was going on.
how are you sure her money was stolen through POS? Stop spoiling other people's legitimate business. Op said her card was with her when it happened, so how come you're blaming pos for it?
Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by fergieboy: 5:34pm On Dec 28, 2020
Seanjay:
Please help this just happened to my sister yesterday cry cry cry they wiped out all her 75K in her account very early by 5AM on Sunday 27th of December 2020(yesterday morning) with her atm been with her and no OTP was sent to her..

Please I have the screenshots of the transaction and the theft was down by one PG-BRANCH-INTERNATIONAL LANGSTAN9999335740...

Please Anyone Who Can Help Us Can Pm Me

The bank involved is GTBANK and I think the job was done by an insider

Please help a sister in this trying period.. she had been saving the money for school resumption
Check those alert on the screenshot and look closely at the ref number

The POS guy is the culprit
Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by pelumi111: 5:36pm On Dec 28, 2020
Lol it’s not a fraud I guess she gave her atm details to a friend or relative and the person used BRANCH LoAN ApP to receive a Loan and refused to pay back that’s why she’s been debited ask her who did she give her atm details to recently

4 Likes

Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by valentineuwakwe(m): 5:36pm On Dec 28, 2020
that transaction shows it was done tru a pos.....ask your sister to identify the places She had gone to carry out transaction last week or so...quickly swing into action by arresting the operarors/owners of the POS centre...they have a hand in the deal.they must have clone her card.
Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by fergieboy: 5:36pm On Dec 28, 2020
xtervaganza:
how are you sure her money was stolen through POS? Stop spoiling other people's legitimate business. Op said her card was with her when it happened, so how come you're blaming pos for it?
The pos guy is responsible

Check the screenshot

Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by Orubebe01: 5:38pm On Dec 28, 2020
Seanjay:

bank and customer care said they are not working on till tomorrow

Missimelda01 please help a sister ooo

You can reach them through Tweeter
Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by karkel(m): 5:39pm On Dec 28, 2020
What can someone do
Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by equity1(m): 5:39pm On Dec 28, 2020
Seanjay:
Please help this just happened to my sister yesterday cry cry cry they wiped out all her 75K in her account very early by 5AM on Sunday 27th of December 2020(yesterday morning) with her atm been with her and no OTP was sent to her..

Please I have the screenshots of the transaction and the theft was down by one PG-BRANCH-INTERNATIONAL LANGSTAN9999335740...

Please Anyone Who Can Help Us Can Pm Me

The bank involved is GTBANK and I think the job was done by an insider

Please help a sister in this trying period.. she had been saving the money for school resumption
How do you know that it was an insider ?
Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by oniluuu(m): 5:40pm On Dec 28, 2020
Kindly ask her if she has an overdue loan with Branch International.
Branch international is a P2P lending company.

1 Like

Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by Catchfirez: 5:41pm On Dec 28, 2020
Branch international is loan company? Maybe your sister they owe them.
Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by Neddstark: 5:42pm On Dec 28, 2020
Bouz:
What do you expect, when yahoo fraud is promoted in musical videos, and the public vibe to such as a norm in nigeria, Most nigerian youths are into fraud now, And we see and hear of it as a norm, until we personally become victims.. so sad

Nigerians will support yahoo untill they are victims of yahoo themselves.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by micflo28(m): 5:42pm On Dec 28, 2020
Go and arrest the POS guy... He saved your sisters pin for usage. We need to stop patronizing POS vendors... Most are thieves. With an Android POS machine, one can save passwords for later usage...
Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by DWJOBScom(m): 5:42pm On Dec 28, 2020
I see the lack of care displayed by people when they enter their PINS at the ATMs and POS at the malls or even at the POS centres especially the women.
They act as if they are proud to own a card I once reprimanded one and she spit back at me and the funniest thing is that her PIN is 1111
Foolish people

13 Likes

Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by sammytee042(m): 5:43pm On Dec 28, 2020
blackpanthar:

Sir, its to go to the bank o. Tell them the exact ATM she has been using to withdraw and show them these proofs that you have... Then go to police station for statement.

She should stop crying o.... I believe she will recover but everyone should trust POS more than ATM henceforth.

Missimelda01 pls help
Bros POS is even the worse
Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by hstar: 5:44pm On Dec 28, 2020
Ah
Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by sammytee042(m): 5:45pm On Dec 28, 2020
micflo28:
Go and arrest the POS guy... He saved your sisters pin for usage. We need to stop patronizing POS vendors... Most are thieves. With an Android POS machine, one can save passwords for later usage...
Exactly Bros. 1k was unnecessary deducted from my account last week. This how it happened I wanted to withdraw so the guy gave me Android POS to use the transaction was declined and he gave me another POS machine to use that one isn't Android. When I got home I discovered that 1k has been removed from my account how he did that I don't know because I didn't receive alert fort that one

2 Likes

Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by maitrelalley1(m): 5:45pm On Dec 28, 2020
The same thing happened to me but they never too comot money like that, the same gt bank . That one self dey use my money buy credit ...

And before I go into hiding, it's good to be back again..
Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by DWJOBScom(m): 5:45pm On Dec 28, 2020
oniluuu:
Kindly ask her if she has an overdue loan with Branch International.
Branch international is a P2P lending company.

I was going to say that too
As the same thing will hit the dudes that got the FG loans.
Expect the sudden debits

1 Like

Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by MotiveU(f): 5:48pm On Dec 28, 2020
Inside Job..
It's becoming too rampant this days
Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by sammytee042(m): 5:49pm On Dec 28, 2020
micflo28:
Well I think if the transaction is through POS it can be tracked and traced
Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by Wartsnigeria: 5:50pm On Dec 28, 2020
micflo28:

Arrest POS for what? Did you look at the screenshot? That is a direct debit order from a loan company, they don't need a pin, this is not POS.

1 Like

Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by upower123(m): 5:51pm On Dec 28, 2020
CVhurb:
Go to the bank first, if they do not take action, then u can write to CBN
how can we write to CBN..my friend is in similar situation there email address please
Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by Palmerbarry: 5:51pm On Dec 28, 2020
She must have taken a loan from them sometimes back without repayment. Branch is a platform where you loan money from. Their app is on Play Store.
Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by Kelvin30286063(m): 5:51pm On Dec 28, 2020
This is very common this days. I wonder what is going on! We need to call out this banks! If they can't protect our money, what then can dey do!

1 Like

Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by PROPHETmichael: 5:52pm On Dec 28, 2020
Your sister must have used her card somewhere and the duplicate it without her knowing. Target the last 5 shop (not online but offline shops) that she used her card for payment.
Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by einsteine(m): 5:52pm On Dec 28, 2020
Branch is a loan app and they debit funds without recourse to you. Did your sister take a loan and forgot to pay back?
Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by dominique(f): 5:52pm On Dec 28, 2020
litigator:

Depends on the lawyer. Some could write the letter for free, while you handle ancillary cost.

She should visit our Vex am out thread on crime section. A lawyer will help her write the letter for free.

But she will deliver the letter her self.

Ok
Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by Wartsnigeria: 5:53pm On Dec 28, 2020
fergieboy:

The pos guy is responsible

Check the screenshot

You are not so smart, branch international has no business with POS. They use direct debit and only you can authorize that.

1 Like

Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by alcapone10: 5:53pm On Dec 28, 2020
This is no fraud,her atm is linked to an online loan company Branch International,ask her if she took a loan from them,or try to contact them to get the Identity of the person that took loan from them and attached her atm card,has to be somebody close that could have access to her phone for some few mins

2 Likes

Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by Hallams(m): 5:54pm On Dec 28, 2020
These cases of illegal transactions are becoming too much

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Lagos Alfa Rapes 29-Year-Old Virgin Student, Wipes Her Blood With Handkerchief / Ebonyi: Man Caught Raping His Neighbour's 12-Year-Old Mentally Unstable Daughter / Man Who Steals Female Panties Caught - Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.