Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,589 members, 7,812,915 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:26 PM

My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her - Crime (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her (52459 Views)

Please Help My Wife Bank Account Was Wiped Yesterday / Could It Be My Account Was Used For Scam??? / Mob Beat Man For Robbing Woman Of Her ATM Card. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by Geofavor(m): 6:58pm On Dec 28, 2020
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright....
Your sister don fuckkk up

She was always generating hard token instead of soft token
Please What is hard token?
Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by BluntTheApostle(m): 6:58pm On Dec 28, 2020
Seanjay:
Please help this just happened to my sister yesterday cry cry cry they wiped out all her 75K in her account very early by 5AM on Sunday 27th of December 2020(yesterday morning) with her atm been with her and no OTP was sent to her..

Please I have the screenshots of the transaction and the theft was down by one PG-BRANCH-INTERNATIONAL LANGSTAN9999335740...

Please Anyone Who Can Help Us Can Pm Me

The bank involved is GTBANK and I think the job was done by an insider

Please help a sister in this trying period.. she had been saving the money for school resumption

Fraudsters withdraw money in batches.

But what I don't understand is how they did so without an OTP sent to your sister's bank account-linked phone number.

I use a lot of lending platforms, and I know that repaying loans don't initiate OTPs.

So, my guess is that, someone knew your sister's card details. They entered their own account on Branch, and used your sister's card to repay their loan in batches.

I don't know much about Branch, but the lending apps I am familiar with allow you to pay in installments before the expiration of one's tenor.
Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by donb06: 7:00pm On Dec 28, 2020
fergieboy:

The pos guy is responsible

Check the screenshot
Guy u smart
Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by pmc01(m): 7:02pm On Dec 28, 2020
I have same issues with Polaris Bank
Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by lightwind(m): 7:03pm On Dec 28, 2020
tellwisdom:

So you cannot give her back the money?? Which kind poor brother you be??
this comment destroyer, you still de nairaland
Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by olusma(m): 7:05pm On Dec 28, 2020
branch Intl is a loan company. from what i am seeing, is like someone used ur mastercard to pay loan.
Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by adebwalex(m): 7:06pm On Dec 28, 2020
What am seeing from the debit alert shows your sister borrow loan which she as not paid. And you know that their is an approval from CBN to debit account of people that are owing loan from any bank as long as your BVN is connected to all banks. So go and ask your sister when did she borrow loan that she fail to pay....
Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by ezewealth(m): 7:06pm On Dec 28, 2020
it happened to my sis, dey wipe her account without opt or ATM loss, even bankers mad when we tell dem, we have to close d account and open new one
Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by olusma(m): 7:10pm On Dec 28, 2020
BluntTheApostle:

Fraudsters withdraw money in batches.

But what I don't understand is how they did so without an OTP sent to your sister's bank account-linked phone number.

I use a lot of lending platforms, and I know that repaying loans don't initiate OTPs.

So, my guess is that, someone knew your sister's card details. They entered their own account on Branch, and used your sister's card to repay their loan in batches.

I don't know much about Branch, but the lending apps I am familiar with allow you to pay in installments before the expiration of one's tenor.

I think this is what actually happened. Someone must have used her card to pay loan. One thing about lending company is once you default in any month during the repayment of loan, they will removed all money you owe them at once
Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by officialfestus(m): 7:10pm On Dec 28, 2020
R0LL0N:

Bank would even fustrate your soul to collect ATM card by force by fire. Example Fcmb
don't listen to them,besides I uses standard chartered bank grin
Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by eRex(m): 7:11pm On Dec 28, 2020
Seanjay:
Please help this just happened to my sister yesterday cry cry cry they wiped out all her 75K in her account very early by 5AM on Sunday 27th of December 2020(yesterday morning) with her atm been with her and no OTP was sent to her..

Please I have the screenshots of the transaction and the theft was down by one PG-BRANCH-INTERNATIONAL LANGSTAN9999335740...

Please help a sister in this trying period.. she had been saving the money for school resumption

Paycom is Opay

She must have registered her card on someones opay platform before... Cos before I stopped using opay, I remember I could withdraw from my account to opay app without OTP for GTB

1 Like

Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by bluefilm: 7:11pm On Dec 28, 2020
Did you say GTBank?

And i was praising the bank just some few days ago.

Damn, I'm so scared now.

Nothing should happen to the 3,000 naira I have in GTBank.

3 Likes

Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by Angelfrost(m): 7:12pm On Dec 28, 2020
dominique:

I was going to ask if she uses these roadside POS operators before seeing this your comment. That POS operator is the most likely culprit, most of them are thieves.

I never use those POS crooks.... Ever!!!

Honestly, I no longer use ATM cards for accounts containing huge amounts of savings! I have even stopped online payments. I only use accounts with minimal cash for spending purposes. This nation don cast finish!!!

People just do nothing but think up ways of making the lives of their fellow struggling citizens miserable... If they were that smart, why not go after the politicians' accounts. Useless dumb cowards!!!

Las las, na online business go suffer!!! Wicked country!

4 Likes

Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by DNA4ALL(m): 7:13pm On Dec 28, 2020
Did she ever tried to get a loan from branch? That description is from this newly saturated fast loan Apps all around. If she refuses to pay the borrowed loan they have access to deduct all the monies from the linked bvn account or someone uses her details to get a loan from them. But if this is not the case then she has been scammed. GTBank security is too porous. My sis lost 70k a month ago to same stuff. She had to go open firstbank cos their security is tight but GTBank seems to b so easily manipulated. Sorry for the loss bro. Wish I have enough would have loved to send her something out of it but God sees me. I don't like it when a lady goes through heartache.

1 Like

Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by Nobody: 7:14pm On Dec 28, 2020
Is like someone borrow Loan with you sisters card.

1 Like

Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by eddynaira125: 7:20pm On Dec 28, 2020
Stop using POS machine they all belongs to G boys

2 Likes

Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by Fisfrank(m): 7:21pm On Dec 28, 2020
I was also a victim two years ago 15k was wiped out of my account and what they said is my ATM was compromised and there is nothing they can do about it, I still have proofs, mine was taxify... It also happened to my neighbor too his was paycom also

1 Like

Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by ProudlyNGN: 7:22pm On Dec 28, 2020
Bro your sister took a loan from Branch international loan application.

she refused to pay back without knowing that she gave them her card details and everything.

This is not a work if a fraudster but a branch loan application.

Branch and fairmoney deduct their money in batches.

Ask your sister to tell you the real truth.
She is owning Branch International, is like the loan interest got accumulated and now they do her strong thing
Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by ProudlyNGN: 7:23pm On Dec 28, 2020
Timmynoic:
Is like someone borrow Loan with you sisters card.

Exactly...from Branch international loan application.

OP sister didn't tell him the reality
Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by anataala: 7:23pm On Dec 28, 2020
She compromise her car details.
Naijaarchive:
undecided
Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by Oracleforce: 7:23pm On Dec 28, 2020
Seanjay:

if you checked the screenshot well you will see one last transaction ( she withdrew 1k at a POS point thats where have been suspecting

Most of.all.these POS business in the neighborhood are being run by Yahoo boys...i rather remain cashless than using a compromised POS...

The POS Operator is the prime suspect

1 Like

Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by correctguy2010: 7:27pm On Dec 28, 2020
She has used her ATM online and GTB security is very weak and they are easily give out customers info to third parties. Most banks in this country are trash
Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by NairalandDoctor(m): 7:28pm On Dec 28, 2020
Seanjay:

they said they are not opened until tomorrow and customer care lines are not working also

i have more screenshots can they withdraw 300 naira 400 naira and 150naira from atm ?

if you want i can privately send you more screenshots of the alerts
that's not an ATM withdrawal is been used for international transaction someone use her ATM to fund a Fox trading account
Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by Omezif(m): 7:29pm On Dec 28, 2020
Make hay while the sun shines
Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by Audiodonation: 7:30pm On Dec 28, 2020
LET ME ASSIST YOU.

Whoever that did this game is a mugu, except the person is smart by using another person details but whichever way it must be linked to that person.

1. This narration PG BRANCH INTERNATIONAL is a mobile loan app. And the criminal element that did this isn't far from your sister, bcoz they got hold of her card details..... Especially the (CVV2) number.

2. It could also be the POS attendant responsible as some people must have said.

3. Your sister must have logged into the Branch app on someone's phone and forgot to delete the app, and the phone got sold out or been used by same criminal.

4. Your sister my be the criminal here also, trying to play a fast one on you and me.

REMEDY

Let her send a mail to Branch Intl (nigeria@branch.co) copy (usa@branch.co and kenya@branch.co) , attach the evidences and let them Know the risk it tells about their businesses and how you have come here on Nairaland to share about the experience.
Please the mail should be written as if na her dey write am, copy your bank Customer care, anti fraud unit email and your account officer email address (Can be gotten from d GTB app).

Kindly request for the phone number linked to the account that Received that money, the bvn number of the person and screenshot..........

If I can get the bvn number of the person, I can assist you get the idiot immediately.

I want you to copy everyone I mentioned in the email, bcoz everyone will want to clean up dia asses by doing dia bit and in turn u set everyone up.....................

And lastly,
Kindly confirm she isn't owing Branch Intl or if the money wasn't used to settle past debt before doing so...........
But I am 98% certain that someone close is responsible, as the CVV2 did the magic.

Seanjay:

5 Likes

Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by evy1(m): 7:31pm On Dec 28, 2020
R0LL0N:

Bank would even fustrate your soul to collect ATM card by force by fire. Example Fcmb
I blocked my card, I used my app without card now.
Transfer to an account with app and withdraw
Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by chatinent: 7:33pm On Dec 28, 2020
IgboWarlord:

Please,are you a witness?Sorry to bother.

Yes.
Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by emmanuelpopson(m): 7:34pm On Dec 28, 2020
If u check Dr Joe abah thread yesterday on twitter. He made reference to this illegal withdrawal of accounts by fraudulent persons.. Her card was compromised either by the Pod she used or from the bank.. Nah to stop this road side patronage of POS terminals. Most of the people doing the stuff are criminals in disguise.. Yahoo guys etc.

They will take a snapshot of the card both front and back and that is the end. I will never use POS ever. I believe when she get to her bank they will tell her where the money enters but I think they won't refund her kos it's from her end.

Most POS aren't secured to use and some of those terminals may have been deliberately compromised by their owners for easy money.

2 Likes

Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by Femeto: 7:38pm On Dec 28, 2020
ATM transaction.
Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by tchidi066(f): 7:38pm On Dec 28, 2020
In this era of bank fraud, you have to play smart, let me leak my secret, it can be of help to someone out there, I have three active bank accounts I'm presenting operating, only my first bank account has an ATM card. I credit it in order to use ATM to withdraw, the other two are savings account, no ATM , only one that I use it's ussd code. The bank i can vouch for with top notch security presently is only standard chartered bank, no ussd code, no ATM, no transfer charges, no unneccessay ATM maintenance fee. It only uses it's bank app, pretty secured, logs you out periodically, play wise, living in Nigeria is no joke!!!

3 Likes

Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by Femeto: 7:38pm On Dec 28, 2020
They probably cloned her card.
Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by charlsecy(m): 7:41pm On Dec 28, 2020
entrep88:
Some backs ATMs dont need otp e.g Access,
Access requires OTP on QuickTeller.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Barrister Brutally Attacks Wife Over A Key In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Photos) / "My Son Is An Armed Robber": Men Gets Son Arrested / Lagos CP Orders Area Commander To Take Over Case Of Alleged Assault.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.