Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,535 members, 7,816,305 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? (62558 Views)

South East: Why Solution To Monday Sit-at-home Remains Elusive / Akeredolu: Withdrawal Of Army Checkpoints Is Targeted At Amotekun / Remove Army Checkpoints In South-East - Ohanaeze Youths Tell General Attahiru (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? by Dedetwo(m): 12:33pm On Dec 29, 2020
LZAA:

Ndigbo lead themselves
We don't and we have never needed leaders
If you are truly igbo you would know this

What nonsensical insinuation is the bolded? I have stated SE does not have leaders. In addition, it is not totally true Ndigbo do not have leaders but a consensus leader either by culture or religion. Most of the time, elected officials and other well placed Igbo men in the society will term themselves as Igbo leaders.

2 Likes

Re: Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? by Redcrafton: 12:34pm On Dec 29, 2020
Miracle1991:
did you forget when the president said that all checking points should be removed all over the nation? What did PDP and ipob said then?
Many of you from that side of the country accused Buhari that he want to remove the checking points so that his Fulani men can have easy assess to kill your people. Now who do you want to blame?
Ipob terrorists and PDP are full of hatred, no matter the good intentions of Mr president to the South East your people must be against it . Opposition is not madness .

How does lying make you feel?

When has the checkpoints stop the herdsmen?

Why hasn't the president take his good intentions to Kaduna-Abuja road and Katsina communities where several people are kidnapped on a daily basis?

3 Likes

Re: Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? by RuddyFusion(m): 12:34pm On Dec 29, 2020
Masterkernel1:

is representives same security chiefs, i guess you don't know。 security forces is under executive。
they can speak to the people in the executive
It's their jobs to note what worries their constituents and bring same to the front burner
Re: Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? by AnanseK(m): 12:35pm On Dec 29, 2020
chatinent:
Nice observations.
When I stayed in the north, you hardly see such. The Nigerian Government has always been against the South.

Crimes used to be a southern affair but the north has taken over. Even check points are no longer safe in the North.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? by LZAA: 12:36pm On Dec 29, 2020
Dedetwo:

What nonsensical insinuation is the bolded? I have stated SE does not have leaders. In addition, it is not totally true Ndigbo do not have leaders but a consensus leader either by culture or religion.
Keep deceiving yourself
Ndigbo know themselves
Re: Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? by kingsavage: 12:38pm On Dec 29, 2020
Dedetwo:

What nonsensical insinuation is the bolded? I have stated SE does not have leaders. In addition, it is not totally true Ndigbo do not have leaders but a consensus leader either by culture or religion.
he is a cursed chestbeating animal grin grin grin
cc LZAA
Re: Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? by Elzakzaky: 12:38pm On Dec 29, 2020
BIGPREEQ:
Why Is This So In The South East?? I Need Explanation

So today I decided to travel to Owerri from onitsha for a business meeting, the journey was meant to be a 1hr30min journey or less, but the check point for such short distance was sooo much!!

Like literally every 1km of the road has checkpoint, it's so bad that from a particular check point, you can basically see another check point ahead.

Ranging from the Army to the police to FRSC. Basically every force is on the road and all of them including the army were collecting bribe from the drivers. I actually felt bad for the drivers because it was too much. I felt really disgusted as well because I expected them to distinguish themselves but no they didn't.

I guess this is why the transport rate here is on the high side.

Now I've spent 4hrs on the road due to traffic induced by these forces from blockage of the road

Last week I came back from Abuja to Anambra and the check point were few across the north and I kept wondering.

Is there insurgency in the SE or is the crime rate high here or what exactly is the cause of this excess checkpoints / extortion points
That is because the average yiibo is criminally minded
Re: Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? by UnBanEbenezer(f): 12:39pm On Dec 29, 2020
AchalugoNwa:
lol
Sammy07 ran away from his contract
he later returned a changed man
they ignored him but seems like he need some 3 years contract grin
seems he has repented though.
the torment from the man at Aso Rock has reset their brains

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? by bigcasava1(m): 12:40pm On Dec 29, 2020
BIGPREEQ:

So today I decided to travel to Owerri from onitsha for a business meeting, the journey was meant to be a 1hr30min journey or less, but the check point for such short distance was sooo much!!

Like literally every 1km of the road has checkpoint, it's so bad that from a particular check point, you can basically see another check point ahead.

Ranging from the Army to the police to FRSC. Basically every force is on the road and all of them including the army were collecting bribe from the drivers. I actually felt bad for the drivers because it was too much. I felt really disgusted as well because I expected them to distinguish themselves but no they didn't.

Now I've spent 4hrs on the road due to traffic induced by these forces from blockage of the road

Last week I came back from Abuja to Anambra and the check point were few across the north and I kept wondering.

Is there insurgency in the SE or is the crime rate high here or what exactly is the cause of this excess checkpoints / extortion points
it happen in Igbo because our leaders there are idiots who has permitted this nonsense.
Re: Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? by Dedetwo(m): 12:42pm On Dec 29, 2020
LZAA:

Keep deceiving yourself
Ndigbo know themselves

Do not get wrong about Igbo leaders. I am an Igbo leader in my house. If something happens in Nigeria today, you and I should not be invited to Abuja for consultation. However there are Igbo personalities who could be invited. This invitation does not any way or form confer Igbo leadership on the invitees.
Re: Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? by Miracle1991: 12:45pm On Dec 29, 2020
Redcrafton:

How does lying make you feel?

When has the checkpoints stop the herdsmen?

Why hasn't the president take his good intentions to Kaduna-Abuja road and Katsina communities where several people are kidnapped on a daily basis?
did the check point reduce during gej?
South East is full of criminals and only criminals are afraid of checking points.
Armed robbers
Drug pushers
Kidnappers
Ipob terrorists
Ritualists
Baby factory owners.
Cyber criminals.
85% of all criminals in this country are from a particular region.

1 Like

Re: Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? by sammirano: 12:46pm On Dec 29, 2020
BIGPREEQ:

Because they are potential terrorists that need close marking. Ipob nonsense
Re: Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? by 1972xy: 12:46pm On Dec 29, 2020
RuddyFusion:
Too bad it's too much and we have representatives not saying anything about those..... whenever I travel down east I intentionally do count those....from onitsha down to ABA it's just too much...

Even inside town they position themselves to extort motorists. Southeast is militarized to the teeth and we have those who claim to be close to the seat of power..what do they do with it? Look for the common man to oppress.
The kidnapping is too much in igbo land. The ibos and fulani are partners in kidnapping activities hence the check points everywhere in the East.
Re: Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? by sammirano: 12:46pm On Dec 29, 2020
Miracle1991:
South East is full of criminals and only criminals are afraid of checking points.
Armed robbers
Drug pushers
Kidnappers
Ipob terrorists
Ritualists
Baby factory owners.
Cyber criminals.

An average igbo is a potential criminal with criminal intentions
Re: Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? by Idaytesj29(m): 12:47pm On Dec 29, 2020
owobokiri:
The Eastern youths have to do something really radical before this stops. These checkpoints have been there since the end of the war in 1970! Sometimes the numbers reduce a little but once a dubious IGP comes in, they increase the numbers. Together with the terrible roads, these are worst symbols of oppression in the East... I grew up in the east thinking that check point at every pole on the road is the sure standard for securing lives and property.. Travelled to Kaduna during the Sharia riots and met just 2 check points! I mean a Kaduna in crises had just few check points, while a peaceful Anambra had hundreds! This must end! Every appeal made by both the former governors in the east and interest groups from the east to put an end to this is met with defiance from the federal government...

Infact under Mbadinuju in Anambra state, during the time he was having a running battle with Obasanjo and his cronnies from Anambra, the governor ordered the removal of the check points on state roads in his state. Guess what? The very next day at Awka, a heavily well manned police check point was mounted directly infront of the government house! I mean in front of the gate to the governors office! That shows you how adamantly evil the forces behind these check points are. There are reports,, that police commanders in the east are expected to remit certain amounts to their ogas from these practices. Many officers from other parts of the country actually bribe to be posted to the east because of the lucrative nature of this enterprise! It should stop! Folks should start looking for alternative ways of pressing home the demand for the total removal of these notorious police check points all over the east..

The checkpoints are too much. Even in the west, especially Osun state. But what i want you to know is that ateast 50% of those men in uniform (you saw) are from the eastern region.

1 Like

Re: Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? by Mrpojj(m): 12:48pm On Dec 29, 2020
BIGPREEQ:

Thank God u have withness what people have been complaining since
If the army are like that on those notorious road in the north east, am sure most kidnapping will be averted
Re: Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? by Gazzy88(m): 12:50pm On Dec 29, 2020
DarkJeddi:
He should finish buying your poverty ravaged region first..
10kobo for every useless Al Majiri roaming your streets. undecided
You wonder why SE is treated like a warzone? It's because aliko has interest in your tiny region. He doesn't need the people therein, just the red soil for his construction business. Don't worry you will be absorbed in Niger state. It's big enough to accommodate all of you. grin grin
Re: Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? by UncommonLogic: 12:51pm On Dec 29, 2020
[[s]quote author=PDJT post=97506162]-Biafraland is an occupied territory by Nigerians and their forces. Today, we might not have an Ojukwu or a standing Army but one day we shall fight back through other means.

-Many of those armed robbers(Army, Police and FRSC) you saw on the road gave massive bribes in Abuja to be posted to our land of milk and honey. Those lazy fuckkers can’t survive without our money, neither can Nigerians.[/quote][/s]
Re: Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? by Ogbeniomo: 12:52pm On Dec 29, 2020
NnadyAutos:
Their presence on the road will drive away criminals, the only thing wrong with their presence is the motorist extortion.
Then North Need them morethan east,or do we have more criminal in east than north??
Re: Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? by Redcrafton: 12:54pm On Dec 29, 2020
sammirano:

And yet you need to kill 3 million of the criminals and send python and crocodile there, so that they MUST be part of your country...

Now who has huge brain problem? cheesy cheesy

Again take you good intentions to Katsina where it is needed most.

http://saharareporters.com/2020/12/24/village-head-son-killed-wife-kidnapped-fresh-bandits%E2%80%99-attack-katsina-community

http://saharareporters.com/2020/12/28/bandits-kill-vigilante-leader-kidnap-eight-katsina

https://www.channelstv.com/2020/12/14/why-bandits-kidnapped-over-300-schoolboys-in-katsina-%C6%98ankara-resident/

1 Like

Re: Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? by BUXOMEBONY(f): 12:56pm On Dec 29, 2020
Infact, you're very correct because I witnessed it too and marveled at the so many check points and all manner of forces in that short distance,it's so alarming and heartbreaking.I went to IMO in August and saw it with my two eyes.
Re: Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? by Sammy07: 12:57pm On Dec 29, 2020
Bkayyy:

We are talking about Checkpoints in SE and you are comparing it with the ones in SW.
Please don't wish to have it like us. For example if you are driving into Enugu from Kogi, you will see 19 checkpoints in a space of 10 meters. You will see like three ahead while settling the first one.

In Anambra, it is worse. Entering Onitsha from Asaba, you will facing stationary machine guns mounted on a barricade as if you are crossing international border followed by serious of force agents with multiple colours. That of Onitsha is uncountable, I managed to count that of Enugu and it was just one town. In Enugu city, they are just like rats, insulting and extorting people.
Going through Onitsha main city is like moving in a maximum security prison. Funniest is that they are not there to combat crime because touts and other idiots run their shit in front of them and if you call a police, they will tell you to your face that it is none of their business.

Be careful what you wish for. I've been in all SW states and none of them have a spec of what we have down here. Infact whenever we leave SE , the yorubas with us show sighs of relieve from countless security officers. Some even try to make their children not to see the massive machine guns paraded in SE by the military

Hmmm, na wa oooo.
Re: Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? by Redcrafton: 12:59pm On Dec 29, 2020
Miracle1991:
Armed robbers
Drug pushers
Kidnappers
Ipob terrorists
Ritualists
Baby factory owners.
Cyber criminals.

Good, with these crimes, they want to leave so that you can have your BokoH terrorists, Miyetti allah thugs, alamjiris factories, Zamafara bandits, kidnappers, Dandaudas...under aged baby wives....but you continue to cry, beg and gnash your gworo tinted teeth for python dance to be sent there so that you must live with the criminals together.

Now how did that make sense to any living thing?
Re: Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? by TechWows: 12:59pm On Dec 29, 2020
Re: Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? by DestroyEvil: 1:01pm On Dec 29, 2020
mainman7:
Bitter Truth time! Are you ready?! Ok. Someone once said "If you see a Snake and see an Igbo, quickly kill the Igbo first because Igbos are more deceitful and dangerous than snakes." I didn't believe this Initially, but when I discovered that the North earned their respect and peace from Igbos only after they started massively killing them. Yorubas on the other hand accepted them as brothers, soon they started satanically eyeing Yoruba Land, and hatched a plan of enslaving Yorubas right on Yoruba Land. It is forever in Igbo Nature to ferociously Bite the Finger that feeds them. Just because Yorubas focused on Education and Igbos focused on trading, they were able to rake in much of Yorubas Monies. But instead of being grateful and thankful, they used this same Yoruba Money to stab Yorubas in the back by engaging in derogatory scandalous slanding of Yorubas as a People. Telling other tribes that Yorubas are stupid, dirty, etc. Until Yorubas start to mercilessly kill Igbos enmasse like Housa-Fulanis do, Igbos would never respect them. The plan is very much under way for Yorubas to earn their much deserved respect from Igbos by mercilessly killing them enmasse, it shall happen very soon all over Yoruba Land.. It is just their nature, as subtle deceptive snakes and scopions, Igbos can never change their satanic evil wicked ever nursing greed and evil for other people Nature, unless they are massively slaughtered. It is the only way to make them think like normal apperecitive human souls. Let me remind those with short memories here, During Good luck Jonathan era, this their Satnic agenda would have been achieved if he won 2nd Term. They already got the Law in Process, saying that Igbos can become Governor of Lagos, Lagos is a no Man's Land, etc. Truly, you would be destroy by the Satanic Igbos masquerading as Saints everywhere if you don't quickly destroy them. There is a wicked nepotic insatiably Greedy Demon in every Igbo.

As Southerners, just before 1960, Azikwe and Awolowo made an Oath to form Political alliance so that Azikwe would become Nigerian Prime Minister while Awolowo would be the President, more so because both Southerners have fought for Nigerian Independence from Britain since 1956 when the Northerners were still saying they don't want Indipendence, the North wanted to remain slaves to Britain. Awowlo and all Yorubas were rudely shocked the following Day to see same Azikwe coming out in alliance with Tafawa Balewa. Igbos are born Betrayals, they Introduced Politic of Betrayal into Nigeria. He was Afraid of pattering with an extremely wise Sage like Awolowo to make Nigeria great, he rather wanted a dimwitted Northerner that he could manipulate so that Igbos can enslave every other Tribes in the Nation. Unfortunately, the Northerner that he thought he could enslave soon proved to know Politics more than Igbos. After which the ever Greedy satanic Igbos resulted to massive Bloodshed of other Tribal Leaders on January 29, 1966. They just want to own Nigeria and every soul in the Nation.

Hmmm... Ok. In another news, the guy's reply below made me know that there is still Hope for Nigeria. We all know that Greed is what started the very first Coup and Political Bloodshed in Nigeria. Fulanis were very good people who never knew that Destiny of a Nation could be enslaved with guns plus Polical Authority till evil Souls showed them the satanic way by being the very first to do such on January 29, 1966. Know you History, so that you know your true Enemy that already masquerades as Saints.
You are among the very few that still has Sense on NL. You are very intelligent, unlike most gullible senseless people on NL Hoodwinked and brainwashed to think GTB is the one defaulting. Innoson is a Big Thief! Wise ones know how highly tribalistic Igbos still supported and justified Evans in notorious merciless Kidnapper, is it Innoson that obviously tried to Borrowed from GTB, tried to dupe the Bank and still unrepentantly dragging the Noble Name of the Bank in the mud that the sad souls called Igbos would now defend?! Worse still Innoson was robbing Nigeria Government by Tax Evation on all is Imports until this GTB case exposed the 419 Company. By now, myhopic gullible Yorubas should have learned enough from History to never to be manipulated by the satanically deceitful souls called Igbos. They are frantically trying to DeMarket GTB so that unscrupulous Igbo Banks like Fidelity Bank can hijack their large Customers. You should know the irreparable Depth to which satanic Nepotism and demonic Hatered for other Humanity has eaten Igbo Souls by seeing how wickedly United they have been against the Innocent Wonderful Benevolent Soul like Lola who lifted the whole Okoye Family from excruciating Poverty when they were nobody. Yet, they quickly forgot that and chew the Finger that fed them. Such Satanic Heartless is what only Igbos are capable of. All the Fulani Bandits and Tribal Killers that now about in Nigeria should ONLY Kill Igbos, because they introduce Political Killings into a Once Thriving Country called Nigeria. All Igbos must be wiped out from the Surface of the Earth. "Woe unto them that say they are Jew and they are not! But they are Synagogue of Satan!" Talking about Igbos! They masquerade as Saints whereas they are the most evil Satanic Souls on Earth. The CREATOR of all Humanity shall Avenge the sleepless Nights they have caused the likes of Lola and others, all the Innocent Yoruba Blood shed during the Coup and even the Blood of the ones killed by Bandits shall forver be upon Igbos, they introduced Bloodshed and Political Killings into a once wonderful innocent Nation called Nigeria. May Judgement of ALMIGHTY GOD once again Fall unpon all the satanic insatiably Greedy Souls Igbos and permanently wipe them out of existence. They shall all be wiped out of the Surface of Earth for the unnepolitic untribalistic united Humanity to enjoy Everlasting Peace.
Thanks for unvailing this Truths. Choi! Deep points.

1 Like

Re: Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? by Bibina59: 1:03pm On Dec 29, 2020
Kingosytex:

My brother that is just the way it is.

All the roads in the SE are littered with check points from army to police to drugs, civil defence, man o war, I am even suspecting that scouts will soon join the list.

My brother even Boys Scouts joined the list during the lockdown earlier in the year. I saw them at Amawbia, the bridge gate (gateway) into Awka from Enugu.
Re: Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? by Yujin(m): 1:05pm On Dec 29, 2020
It is a clear case of occupation and robbery. But it is just for some time. Soon it shall fade away.
Re: Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? by Dedetwo(m): 1:07pm On Dec 29, 2020
sammirano:

It takes one average potential criminal with criminal intentions to recognize another. You got to be involved to know a thing.
Re: Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? by sirp9898(m): 1:14pm On Dec 29, 2020
JudazKeyz:
This is too too bad, upon the numerous check points, Eastern Security Network got form under their nose still they can't figure out how come they ESN get there weapons.

So you didnt see anything wrong in what the op meant

one nigeria indeed
Re: Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? by Brodello: 1:19pm On Dec 29, 2020
mbaise1000:
[color=#006600][/color]

simple minds everywhere im nairalamd, little minds who see the CHAINS and SHACKLES im their hands and legs as ornaments of GOLD and DIAMOND, to you now you have mage a reasonable comment, can you see your life? truth is that you are only speaking in nigeria today because biafra is still part of nigeria, the moment biafra leaves, you will be totally reduces to what you really are
PROUDLY IGBO

When is Biafra leaving?
Re: Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? by awoo47: 1:20pm On Dec 29, 2020
same with SW till this endsars started

Since then, i neva see checkpoint atleast fr IB
i just started noticing the police will just park nd stay inside car

B4 dem fr don dey harass me nd check phone

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) / Fire razes David Mark’s residence in Benue / Epic Reply This Guy Gave Osinbajo On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.