Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,477 members, 7,816,123 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:53 AM

Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? (62550 Views)

South East: Why Solution To Monday Sit-at-home Remains Elusive / Akeredolu: Withdrawal Of Army Checkpoints Is Targeted At Amotekun / Remove Army Checkpoints In South-East - Ohanaeze Youths Tell General Attahiru (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? by blackboy2star(m): 1:22pm On Dec 29, 2020
You're not that big, bigSarah grin

BigSarah:
The siege on the south east never ended....
Re: Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? by Slynation(m): 1:26pm On Dec 29, 2020
Sammy07:
It's also so in SW.

Osun has over 15 check points (main road ooo) if you're traveling from kwara to Ondo State.

infact in kwara state
you have some check points in ilorin, getting to idofian you'll see another one, to Ajase IPO you will about 6 check points down to Offa you'll see 3 check points from offa to okuku (in Osun) 3 - 4 check points.

okuku to Osogbo you'll see checkpoints.
Osogbo to Ondo or Ibadan checkpoints plenty.
These are just federal road I haven't made mention of Okuku to ila orangun to Oke ila orangun, Osogbo to ilesha to Akure, all those Esa Oke, Erin Ijesha, Iwo etc

But I'm not sure if it's up to SE own
Bro.... it's certainly not up to Owerri own, those Army and all manner of forces do cause traffic due to collection of bribe, governmental and indigenous agberos ain't left out, you will even see a mobile police with their armoury vehicle, one can only imagine if it's a war zone....The least bribe given is even #100 box, after 4 o'clock it's #200 or nothing, I wonder what they will be collecting this yuletide period...Owerri/Onitsha express way is the worst in the SE region, what OP said is basically the ordeals in S.E......!!
Re: Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? by vickydevoka(m): 1:27pm On Dec 29, 2020
PDJT:
-Biafraland is an occupied territory by Nigerians and their forces. Today, we might not have an Ojukwu or a standing Army but one day we shall fight back through other means.

-Many of those armed robbers(Army, Police and FRSC) you saw on the road gave massive bribes in Abuja to be posted to our land of milk and honey. Those lazy fuckkers can’t survive without our money, neither can Nigerians.
Exactly
Re: Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? by sirp9898(m): 1:34pm On Dec 29, 2020
The check points is for s e advantages in terms of security and in their own disavantages the only price s e are paying is the extortion in the same time they left securing theirselves and you no what they are paying b h etc.

who get money na people like to dey work for so they are working for us let s e learn show to use them

1 Like

Re: Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? by privaldo: 1:40pm On Dec 29, 2020
UnBanEbenezer:
including ss as a whole.
Asides from terrorism, crime rate is low in the North

Madam, there are criminal elements in every region of the country stop making it a two region affair. News of robberies from the North and West have graced the front page of this forum, the biggest bank heist (Offa Robbery in Kwara) wasn't committed in the SE or SS.

1 Like

Re: Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? by privaldo: 1:44pm On Dec 29, 2020
Kinematics:

Go investigate. Las las you'll find out that its your SE brothers that killed him and snatched his car.
5 out of 7 crimes in Rivers is committed by a SE person, especially kidnap and car thieves.

They like to spread their criminal activity to the better south.

This is a lie. I am a Riverian, and I can tell that you are either not from the SS or have only lived there for a short time. Crimes in the SS are mainly perpetrated by the indigenes, this is known fact.

1 Like

Re: Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? by safetyboot: 1:45pm On Dec 29, 2020
I blame South East Governors and Legislators for not speaking out and opposing it.
Re: Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? by Buharidgeneral: 1:46pm On Dec 29, 2020
Is it not better than not having at all considering the security situation in the country
Re: Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? by COdeGenesis: 1:47pm On Dec 29, 2020
BIGPREEQ:
Why Is This So In The South East?? I Need Explanation

So today I decided to travel to Owerri from onitsha for a business meeting, the journey was meant to be a 1hr30min journey or less, but the check point for such short distance was sooo much!!

Like literally every 1km of the road has checkpoint, it's so bad that from a particular check point, you can basically see another check point ahead.

Ranging from the Army to the police to FRSC. Basically every force is on the road and all of them including the army were collecting bribe from the drivers. I actually felt bad for the drivers because it was too much. I felt really disgusted as well because I expected them to distinguish themselves but no they didn't.

I guess this is why the transport rate here is on the high side.

Now I've spent 4hrs on the road due to traffic induced by these forces from blockage of the road

Last week I came back from Abuja to Anambra and the check point were few across the north and I kept wondering.

Is there insurgency in the SE or is the crime rate high here or what exactly is the cause of this excess checkpoints / extortion points

Check points are few in the north that is why they keep keeping people everyday. You no thank God say u reach where u dey go safely
Re: Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? by Alennsar(f): 1:49pm On Dec 29, 2020
Sammy07:
It's also so in SW.

Osun has over 15 check points (main road ooo) if you're traveling from kwara to Ondo State.

infact in kwara state
you have some check points in ilorin, getting to idofian you'll see another one, to Ajase IPO you will about 6 check points down to Offa you'll see 3 check points from offa to okuku (in Osun) 3 - 4 check points.

okuku to Osogbo you'll see checkpoints.
Osogbo to Ondo or Ibadan checkpoints plenty.
These are just federal road I haven't made mention of Okuku to ila orangun to Oke ila orangun, Osogbo to ilesha to Akure, all those Esa Oke, Erin Ijesha, Iwo etc

But I'm not sure if it's up to SE own
from Ilorin to Abuja is up to 50 checkpoints. if you don't believe please do well to start counting whenever you travel through that side.
Re: Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? by Blessedassuranc(f): 1:50pm On Dec 29, 2020
Kinematics:

Go investigate. Las las you'll find out that its your SE brothers that killed him and snatched his car.
5 out of 7 crimes in Rivers is committed by a SE person, especially kidnap and car thieves.

They like to spread their criminal activity to the better south.

You are such an idiot for this comment. Wetin the youth for rivers state dey do other than cultism? ODE LIKE YOU.. SE KILL YOU THERE
Re: Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? by Pharaoh4rin(m): 1:53pm On Dec 29, 2020
In igboland,
Governors = 5
Senators = 15
Reps = 50
Ministers = 5
Yet, none of them see nothing bad in the multi-roadblocks. They're not bothered. The youths are not trying to voice their concerns. I guess Nnamdi Kanu do not see anything bad in it.
In 2023 the same voters will vote these mediocres as their representatives.
In fact you guys deserves ore roadblocks. Ot'o bah re girimu' ka'ate shu ha te shu ha
Re: Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? by Nobody: 1:54pm On Dec 29, 2020
Paxxcarl:
shut up as well if you’ve nothing sensible to say efulefu

don't be naive , clueless boy with no single ideology from you comments one can easily tell
Re: Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? by Blessedassuranc(f): 1:58pm On Dec 29, 2020
privaldo:

This is a lie. I am a Riverian, and I can tell that you are either not from the SS or have only lived there for a short time. Crimes in the SS are mainly perpetrated by the indigenes, this is known fact.

No mind that SERPENT
Re: Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? by Nobody: 1:58pm On Dec 29, 2020
DarkJeddi:
Yes.
Worse than Boko Haram,bandits and kidnappers ravaging the North.. angry
one thing you don't know is that Northern metropolis enjoy peace it is some of the outskirts of the town that is ravaging with insecurity so there wouldn't be much need for check point
Re: Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? by EM123: 2:00pm On Dec 29, 2020
NnadyAutos:
Their presence on the road will drive away criminals, the only thing wrong with their presence is the motorist extortion.
which criminal are they driving away ? police will be in their check point armed robbers will robbe u on the same road and nothing will be done.
Re: Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? by Kinematics: 2:02pm On Dec 29, 2020
Omoslim26:
grin

Mr igbo vs yoruba masturbator
you are really fulfilling your destiny
you come dis life come masturbate on igbo vs yoruba
welldone ooo

Wetin concerm me with ndi potopoto and skull miners?

Re: Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? by RuddyFusion(m): 2:06pm On Dec 29, 2020
1972xy:
The kidnapping is too much in igbo land. The ibos and fulani are partners in kidnapping activities hence the check points everywhere in the East.
that's not true ...this has been so before the advert of kidnapping
Re: Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? by Tonimax: 2:07pm On Dec 29, 2020
post=97508507:

you are exaggerating, from Awka to Onitsha is just one check point at Ukpor junction, Onitsha to our boundary with Imo is three Checkpoints on normal day, it's because of Yuletide they increase the numbers of police and road safety officials

Thats a blatant lie my friend

I work BTW owerri and Onitsha daily

Lets see how well you know there

The checkpoints as below from Onitsha to owerri:
1: checkpoint around down fly over upper iweka
2: checkpoint BTW showlight and electrical still on Onitsha owerri road
3: checkpoint in oba old road both police and FRSC
4: checkpoint after oba old road near where there are building that big market
5: checkpoint around orafite town
6: Checkpoint ozubulu ( its usually two during holidays like this) one at ozubulu junction and one at sea horse petroleum factory
7: new one before ihembosi becos of holidays
8: one after okija, around st Peter's..
9: military checkpoint around azia junction + police checkpoint too
Mehn all this is just from Onitsha to ihiala ohh we never reach uli, talkless of entering owerri

Haba reason am na
Re: Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? by drvalency: 2:08pm On Dec 29, 2020
SlayerForever:
They are bastards and one day we will wipe them out.
Hate speech...
Re: Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? by Munzy14(m): 2:14pm On Dec 29, 2020
BIGPREEQ:

So today I decided to travel to Owerri from onitsha for a business meeting, the journey was meant to be a 1hr30min journey or less, but the check point for such short distance was sooo much!!

Like literally every 1km of the road has checkpoint, it's so bad that from a particular check point, you can basically see another check point ahead.

Ranging from the Army to the police to FRSC. Basically every force is on the road and all of them including the army were collecting bribe from the drivers. I actually felt bad for the drivers because it was too much. I felt really disgusted as well because I expected them to distinguish themselves but no they didn't.

Now I've spent 4hrs on the road due to traffic induced by these forces from blockage of the road

Last week I came back from Abuja to Anambra and the check point were few across the north and I kept wondering.

Is there insurgency in the SE or is the crime rate high here or what exactly is the cause of this excess checkpoints / extortion points
As a uniform person, being posted to SE is lobbyed most times. They see SE as a place of making money, because we hate to be delayed, so we easily sort issues with money.

As a matter of fact, all, uniform people alway mount road blocks here and there..even inside town in owerri.
Re: Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? by excanny: 2:25pm On Dec 29, 2020
The South East is a conquered territory. Conquered territories are usually extra-monitored so any slight act of rebellion is brutally crushed swiftly.

Figure out the rest yourself.
Re: Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? by icankel: 2:31pm On Dec 29, 2020
I really felt wat u just Stated yesterday that I came back home from Lagos, once we passed Ore down to Edo state around 5am we started seeing all sorts of Security men requesting for money till I entered my house. is really terrible
Re: Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? by sammirano: 2:36pm On Dec 29, 2020
Dedetwo:

It takes one average potential criminal with criminal intentions to recognize another. You got to be involved to know a thing.

I no be from criminal land ooo.
Re: Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? by Falconx47: 2:45pm On Dec 29, 2020
post=97508507:

you are exaggerating, from Awka to Onitsha is just one check point at Ukpor junction, Onitsha to our boundary with Imo is three Checkpoints on normal day, it's because of Yuletide they increase the numbers of police and road safety officials

I don't know about now...it's been a while I was home, but it was more than that, there's one somewhere around Kwata flyover, another usually at Enugu agidi, another at Awkuzu, before the Ukpor you talk about, they casually pack their truck anywhere and voila...office don open. It's worrisome, no need to downplay it.
Re: Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? by Omoslim26: 2:52pm On Dec 29, 2020
Kinematics:

Wetin concerm me with ndi potopoto and skull miners?

Baba no lie the only thing wey dey give you hope for dis life nah to come nairaland come do yoruba vs igbo and other childish bigotry wey useless God forsaken animals wey e no fit better for dey do for dis forum

no go get low sperm count sey you dey masturbate on tribal bigotry

Re: Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? by Nobody: 2:56pm On Dec 29, 2020
andrewmeddy8:

don't be naive , clueless boy with no single ideology from you comments one can easily tell
your**

go back to school you piece of shit.
Re: Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? by NwadykExcel(m): 2:56pm On Dec 29, 2020
LZAA:

Ndigbo lead themselves
We don't and we have never needed leaders
If you are truly igbo you would know this

Ndiigbo enweghi eze!
Ezebuilo!

The Igbo people have no king.
A king is an enemy.
Those two saying above attest to the democratic and self-determination spirit of Ndiïgbo.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? by fuelsaver: 3:03pm On Dec 29, 2020
BIGPREEQ:

At every check point they collect N500 - N1000 and the evil government at the top is happy about it because they are doing what they want.....to reduce and impoverish the Igbo people. And those northern oppressors have selected amongst the igbos to help oppress the igbos close their evil eyes. That's why supporting those Fulani turbined Igbo politicians is the worse that can happen in igboland.
Re: Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 3:28pm On Dec 29, 2020
So it's now a bad thing that your roads will be more secure with them. If there are not enough checkpoints now,they will start crying marginalisation.
Confused people.
Re: Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? by Miracle1991: 3:41pm On Dec 29, 2020
Redcrafton:

Good, with these crimes, they want to leave so that you can have your BokoH terrorists, Miyetti allah thugs, alamjiris factories, Zamafara bandits, kidnappers, Dandaudas...under aged baby wives....but you continue to cry, beg and gnash your gworo tinted teeth for python dance to be sent there so that you must live with the criminals together.

Now how did that make sense to any living thing?
who stop them from leaving? Tell them to pack out of the North. When the northern youth gave you quit notice, you called your red cap chiefs to go and beg.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Wike Drives Into Opobo Kingdom, Makes History As First Governor To Do So / Sheikh Ibrahim Zak'zaky's House Destroyed By The Army - Sahara Reporters / Why I Was Away From Nigeria For Months – Aisha Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.