Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

National Resentment Of The Igbo, In Achebe's Words - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National Resentment Of The Igbo, In Achebe's Words (7655 Views)

Why The Inordinate Fear And Resentment Towards The Igbo By Nigerians / There Is A Growing Resentment Of Fulani Herdsmen Within The Hausa Community. / Tinubu Begs Igbo In Lagos, Osinbajo Appeals To Hausa Community For Votes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Resentment Of The Igbo, In Achebe's Words by Bkayyy: 10:18pm On Dec 30, 2020
marsman:

Na Scorpion Go scatter your Nyanmirirated Flat head. Just like he did your fore fathers.
LOL. You people can be funny. You are bragging with someone that died a shameful death without military honor meanwhile my grand father was the one that gave Victor Banjo the shot that broke his cone head when he was sentenced to firing squad

1 Like

Re: National Resentment Of The Igbo, In Achebe's Words by marsman: 10:22pm On Dec 30, 2020
Bkayyy:

LOL. You people can be funny. You are bragging with someone that died a shameful death without military honor meanwhile my grand father was the one that gave Victor Banjo the shot that broke his cone head when he was sentenced to firing squad
If this guy did not blast your grand fathers flat head, then your father died a slave to Nigeria, who conquered his precious Biafra. He still loosed either ways
Re: National Resentment Of The Igbo, In Achebe's Words by Bkayyy: 10:28pm On Dec 30, 2020
LukasPodolski:
Mr Bkayyy , are these decayed buildings something to brag about?

Gosh!!!!
LOL person wey nọ get bicycle dey laugh at Lamborghini.
Oga do you know what a decayed building look like when you live in pig pen of a city.

Please point out your building in this pile of gabbage in Ibadan pig pen and Abeokuta animal house

1 Like

Re: National Resentment Of The Igbo, In Achebe's Words by Bkayyy: 10:32pm On Dec 30, 2020
LukasPodolski:

That neighborhood you posted looks like remains of atomic bomb attack... More like war thorn Damascus... Is this the best part of Aba?

How do you call a town/city that doesn't have a university, Airport, Mall, pubs, the worst road network in the country, no trains etcetera developed?
The dirtiest city in the country.
Aba is an emblematic of a failed society.
Development means growth, now I want you to judge if Aba is worthy to be called a developed city.... Hahaha

Interesting.
Well it might be the dirtiest when compared to fellow cities like Hong Kong, Beijing, Abuja, Windhoek and Tokyo. So no arguments there.

But yours, do you have a city to begin with?
Village nkọ, una no get na mud house Republic Osogbo, shank avenue of Abeokuta and Dilapidated pig pen of Ibadan una get.

Una dey for the ranking where Aba win dirtiest city?

No put mouth again when we compare Aba with fellow cities like New York and London

1 Like

Re: National Resentment Of The Igbo, In Achebe's Words by Bkayyy: 10:36pm On Dec 30, 2020
oyatz:

For you to assume that individual houses digging bore holes is a superior to municipal pipe borne water system show that you know nothing about 'Housing, Urban and Regional Planning'

Bore holes only became popular in Nigeria due to breakdown of municipal pipe borne water system in the early 1990s.

So mere driving cars into your homes simply means adequate urban planning system?

There is no points arguing further with you.

This is exactly one of parts where we are superior to you people..
Municipal/communal pipe borne water broke down and as warriors we took the challenge and drilled our own bore hole.

But you people on the other hand are sitting, moping and waiting for government to give you ordinary water.

Bunch of lazy people, no wonder you people smell a lot. Stay there and be waiting for government to provide communal water for you people
Re: National Resentment Of The Igbo, In Achebe's Words by Bkayyy: 10:41pm On Dec 30, 2020
oyatz:

Not everybody on Nairaland is a semi-educated trader.

There are acceptable methods of comparing developments of States/Countries. Showing pictures of GRA/carefully selected streets in a city is not one of them.

Compare and contrast the Human Development Indices (HDI) as conducted by the UNDP and the GDP of these States.
This is how the World Bank or United Nations compare developments.
If I want to show you GRA you will know. What I showed you is mere market and a stadium.
Even our markets are more developed than your entire capitals put into one

1 Like

Re: National Resentment Of The Igbo, In Achebe's Words by Bkayyy: 10:43pm On Dec 30, 2020
efficiencie:

Bro please keep civilising us ehn. Please don't stop. And also please keep maintaining the tempo of secession...if you all are not smart enough to see how foolish it is to pursue both lines of action at the same time then by all means please continue...we need your civilisation. Continue civilising us and when you are done please secede and return to Biafra leaving your wealth behind. Imagine reasoning.
Thank God instead of us. We are just doing God's work on you people
Re: National Resentment Of The Igbo, In Achebe's Words by LukasPodolski: 10:44pm On Dec 30, 2020
Bkayyy:

Well it might be the dirtiest when compared to fellow cities like Hong Kong, Beijing, Abuja, Windhoek and Tokyo. So no arguments there.

But yours, do you have a city to begin with?
Village nkọ, una no get na mud house Republic Osogbo, shank avenue of Abeokuta and Dilapidated pig pen of Ibadan una get.

Una dey for the ranking where Aba win dirtiest city?

No put mouth again when we compare Aba with fellow cities like New York and London
Aba is not a city, it's just a big pile of dirt, someone told me that Port Harcourt resident do perceive stench of dirt from Faraway Aba.....

Can you show me the airport, University, Malls, trains, public places e.t.c in Aba? Hahaha, roads?

Please show me, proof me wrong.

Is this what you are comparing with cities like Hong Kong, Tokyo?

Interesting
Re: National Resentment Of The Igbo, In Achebe's Words by LukasPodolski: 10:47pm On Dec 30, 2020
Bkayyy:

LOL person wey nọ get bicycle dey laugh at Lamborghini.
Oga do you know what a decayed building look like when you live in pig pen of a city.

Please point out your building in this pile of gabbage in Ibadan pig pen and Abeokuta animal house
thank God you agreed that the old and ancient part of Ibadan is in the same league with the best part of Aba...
Very good...

Now compare some part of Abeokuta with this sick looking best part of Aba.

First picture is Downtown Aba.

Second picture is one of the numerous Downtown Abeokuta.

Now judge.

Re: National Resentment Of The Igbo, In Achebe's Words by Bkayyy: 10:47pm On Dec 30, 2020
marsman:

If this guy did not blast your grand fathers flat head, then your father died a slave to Nigeria, who conquered his precious Biafra. He still loosed either ways
He lived, survived and passed on like a hero he is. While alive his favorite pass time with us was how he opened Banjos cone skill with one bullet
Re: National Resentment Of The Igbo, In Achebe's Words by gwafaeziokwu: 10:51pm On Dec 30, 2020
grin

Bkayyy giving it hot hot!

Nigeria need to pay us for the free civilization. The north especially ,imagine the death rate if not for our large scale pharmaceutical products distribution inside the arid deserts.

We are the doctors many Nigerians see and know till their death.

1 Like

Re: National Resentment Of The Igbo, In Achebe's Words by LukasPodolski: 10:52pm On Dec 30, 2020
Bkayyy:

If I want to show you GRA you will know. What I showed you is mere market and a stadium.
Even our markets are more developed than your entire capitals put into one
This is Downtown Aba,

A certain Nairalander Bastardwike (proeast) even called it skyscrapers, LMAO

As you can see, the Downtown Aba is in the same league with Honk Hong, Tokyo, New York.

Re: National Resentment Of The Igbo, In Achebe's Words by Bkayyy: 10:54pm On Dec 30, 2020
LukasPodolski:
thank God you agreed that the old and ancient part of Ibadan is in the same league with the best part of Aba...
Very good...

Now compare some part of Abeokuta with this sick looking best part of Aba.

First picture is Downtown Aba.

Second picture is one of the numerous Downtown Abeokuta.

Now judge.
So another word you people use for dilapidated structures is ancient.
Wow we learn everyday.

And Mr man I never compared a city like Aba to animal farm of Ibadan. Aba is compared to fellow cities like Abuja, New York and London not a shank in the dirty Republic of Oyo.

Lastly when you show a city skyline put it in one picture. The picture must cover atleast 3km of the city like the one below.

Re: National Resentment Of The Igbo, In Achebe's Words by Fvckhypocrite(f): 10:54pm On Dec 30, 2020
gwafaeziokwu:
grin

Bkayyy giving it hot hot!

Nigeria need to pay us for the free civilization. The north especially ,imagine the death rate if not for our large scale pharmaceutical products distribution inside the arid deserts.

We are the doctors many Nigerians see and know till their death.
initial gra gra
Re: National Resentment Of The Igbo, In Achebe's Words by Bkayyy: 10:59pm On Dec 30, 2020
LukasPodolski:

This is Downtown Aba,

As you can see, the Downtown Aba is in the same league with Honk Hong, Tokyo, New York.
You are just circling randomly to justify your envy.
I can see that you have issues with uncompleted building that have aluminum roof.

Even at that you are supposed to give maximum respect to any building that have aluminum roof whether completed or not because it's like a snakes egg in the Pig pen you know and love
Re: National Resentment Of The Igbo, In Achebe's Words by gwafaeziokwu: 11:01pm On Dec 30, 2020
LukasPodolski:

This is Downtown Aba,

grin

This one keep circling like a lunatic. Someone showed a picture from your side where more than 20 thousands houses are in decayed ,unlivable and brown roof condition.

Your rebuttal is to circle about ten or so buildings in an otherwise serene world class city view. The fortune spent on the uncompleted multistorey building can change the entire brown roof outlook of the slum city of Ibadan. Lol

1 Like

Re: National Resentment Of The Igbo, In Achebe's Words by marsman: 11:04pm On Dec 30, 2020
Bkayyy:

He lived, survived and passed on like a hero he is. While alive his favorite pass time with us was how he opened Banjos cone skill with one bullet
I can swear by your left balls that, Pa.Benjamine aka the Black Scorpion, was the one that redesigned your real grandfathers flat head with his straight unflinching bullet, I remember in 2010, when Black Scorpion was talking about a biafran nonentity, who talked so high on the battle field, but was brought down by His Mighty Black Scorpioned Bullet. That your fake grand father did not die Peacefully, he died a Loser full of regret, who was defeated by Nigeria, who lived at the Mercy of Nigerians till his death, chikena.
Re: National Resentment Of The Igbo, In Achebe's Words by Bkayyy: 11:06pm On Dec 30, 2020
marsman:

I can swear by your left balls that, Pa.Benjamine aka the Black Scorpion, was the one that redesigned your real grandfathers flat head with his straight unflinching bullet, I remember in 2010, when Black Scorpion was talking about a biafran nonentity, who talked so high on the battle field, but was brought down by His Mighty Black Scorpioned Bullet. That your fake grand father did not die Peacefully, he died a Loser full of regret, who was defeated by Nigeria, who lived at the Mercy of Nigerians till his death, chikena.
Story.

The fact still remains that my grand father shattered Victor Banjos cone head and there is nothing you or any other afonja can do about it.

2 Likes

Re: National Resentment Of The Igbo, In Achebe's Words by Bkayyy: 11:08pm On Dec 30, 2020
gwafaeziokwu:

grin

This one keep circling like a lunatic. Someone showed a picture from your side where more than 20 thousands houses are in decayed ,unlivable and brown roof condition.

Your rebuttal is to circle about ten or so buildings in an otherwise serene world class city view. The fortune spent on the uncompleted multistorey building can change the entire brown roof outlook of the slum city of Ibadan. Lol
grin lol leave that one, he knows that his whole pig pen of a city is a circle so no need bothering ourselves to circle
Re: National Resentment Of The Igbo, In Achebe's Words by marsman: 11:13pm On Dec 30, 2020
Bkayyy:

Story.

The fact still remains that my grand father shattered Victor Banjos cone head and there is nothing you or any other afonja can do about it.
Who cares about one Victor, who trusted one Nyanmiri Osu bastard, but was later betrayed. The major point, is Black Scorpion redisigning your grandpa's and his brothers flat head, with his never missing Bullets.

1 Like

Re: National Resentment Of The Igbo, In Achebe's Words by gwafaeziokwu: 11:18pm On Dec 30, 2020
marsman:

grin

You didn't read his post well. His father lived to his old age and died with a smug smile, knowing that he sent a double dealing shady and unreliable specimen to his maker.

If you want to brag about the psychopath called Black Scorpion, look for a people in present day south south. The Yoruba numb skull couldn't do Nada in the Eastern heartland which was the main theatre. His myth is carried by only his loudmouthed brothers. No body knows him down here. grin
Re: National Resentment Of The Igbo, In Achebe's Words by marsman: 11:23pm On Dec 30, 2020
gwafaeziokwu:

grin

You didn't read his post well. His father lived to his old age and died with a smug smile, knowing that he sent a double dealing shady and unreliable specimen to his maker.

If you want to brag about the psychopath called Black Scorpion, look for a people in present day south south. The Yoruba numb skull couldn't do Nada in the Eastern heartland which was the main theatre. His myth is carried by only his loudmouthed brothers. No body knows him down here. grin
He can't tell us the truth about, how his grand pa died, because it was Black Scorpion that trashed his Useless Flat head, he is just saying all of that to console him self.

Don't worry I don't expect you to know about, the formidable Black Scorpion, some History are better left forgotten, just make sure you don't say his name out loud, your own grand pa if he is still.alive, might get an heart attack out of fear. grin
Re: National Resentment Of The Igbo, In Achebe's Words by LukasPodolski: 11:24pm On Dec 30, 2020
gwafaeziokwu:

grin

This one no even get shame.

He showed the best part of Aba which is actually not better than the worst part of Ibadan...
Can you see that the joke is on you?
Re: National Resentment Of The Igbo, In Achebe's Words by Dedetwo(m): 11:29pm On Dec 30, 2020
marsman:

The people that gave him the Nobel prize Know him. He was given a Nobel prize, A world wide recognized prize for excellence, but No body knows him out side Yoruba Land, how lowly you think sometimes amazes me. And may i remind you that it is called the, "None prize for Literature", Not "Nobel prize for Novels".

What literature book did Wole Soyinka write to warrant Nobel Prize in Literature? You are basement wise. Nobel is not world wide recognized prize for excellence. It is a mere political gimmick used to project certain European standard and mode of thought. Not everybody accepts the silly prize. Your so-called prize for excellence goes a person who has no novel to his\her name. Wole Soyinka is playwright not a novelist.

1 Like

Re: National Resentment Of The Igbo, In Achebe's Words by gwafaeziokwu: 11:30pm On Dec 30, 2020
LukasPodolski:

This one no even get shame.

He showed the best part of Aba which is actually not better than the worst part of Ibadan...
Can you see that the joke is on you?

The best part of Aba is a market? He didn't do justice to Enyimba city yet you messed up your rebuttal.

Bro, hide your face abeg.
Re: National Resentment Of The Igbo, In Achebe's Words by LukasPodolski: 11:34pm On Dec 30, 2020
Bkayyy:

You are just circling randomly to justify your envy.
I can see that you have issues with uncompleted building that have aluminum roof.

Even at that you are supposed to give maximum respect to any building that have aluminum roof whether completed or not because it's like a snakes egg in the Pig pen you know and love
Ladies and gentlemen.
A Nairalander compared the best part of Aba with London , Honk Hong and Tokyo

Happy viewing...

London, Tokyo, Hong Kong and the almighty Aba in that order..
Is God not wonderful?

Lastly Mr Bkayyy, when. Are you showing the pictures of Universities, Airport, malls, trains pubs e.t.c in Aba... I would love to see.

1 Like

Re: National Resentment Of The Igbo, In Achebe's Words by marsman: 11:35pm On Dec 30, 2020
Dedetwo:

What literature book did Wole Soyinka write to warrant Nobel Prize in Literature? You are basement wise. Nobel is not world wide recognized prize for excellence. It is a mere political gimmick used to project certain European standard and mode of thought. Not everybody accepts the silly prize. Your so-called prize for excellence goes a person who has no novel to his\her name. Wole Soyinka is playwright not a novelist.
Yet the followers of Achebe, were begging wole soyinka, to Nominate Achebe for a Posthumous Nobel prize, just to make his dead body happy.
://www.theguardian.com/books/2013/may/20/chinua-achebe-nobel-prize-wole-soyinka
It is in your own, bed room that, Nobel prize is not a world wide prize for excellence, only in your bedroom.
Just because your hero could not cling it, does not mean it is not Acceptably the best.
Like i said it is called, the Nobel prize in Literature, not the Nobel prize in writing Novels, why is that so hard to comprehend?
Re: National Resentment Of The Igbo, In Achebe's Words by LukasPodolski: 11:36pm On Dec 30, 2020
gwafaeziokwu:

The best part of Aba is a market? He didn't do justice to Enyimba city yet you messed up your rebuttal.

Bro, hide your face abeg.
You can help him out.

By showing us the dirtiest city in the world.

Bros, can you help me with pictures of Universities, airport, roads, Pubs, malls e.tc in Aba?

Re: National Resentment Of The Igbo, In Achebe's Words by Etinosa1234: 11:40pm On Dec 30, 2020
jimyjames:

you can't conclude on behalf of millions you are just one person, and humans are not programed to think and do things the same way, that's why millions decide through voting

Lmao... Go On some of the fb pages of the tribes I mentioned and see how they resent Biafra... I wonder where u heard that Biafra is supported in the South South...

Believe me, u are in for a huge disappointment
Re: National Resentment Of The Igbo, In Achebe's Words by gwafaeziokwu: 11:40pm On Dec 30, 2020
marsman:

He can't tell us the truth about, how his grand pa died, because it was Black Scorpion that trashed his Useless Flat head, he is just saying all of that to console him self.

Don't worry I don't expect you to know about, the formidable Black Scorpion, some History are better left forgotten, just make sure you don't say his name out loud, your own grand pa if he is still.alive, might get an heart attack out of fear. grin

A people who chose to fight on their feet than live on their knees should never be associated with the world fear.

Fear can be used to describe a race who had a once in a life window of opportunity in 1967 to became and independent state, but bungle it because the marauding Jihadists from the north was milling around Lagos.

Today, their offspring will have the boldness to brag about how a certain psychopath from their tribe helped to ensure that the future of their unborn generation would be damaged forever.

Who educated these guys bikonu grin
Re: National Resentment Of The Igbo, In Achebe's Words by Dedetwo(m): 11:41pm On Dec 30, 2020
efficiencie:

You can say whatever you want about Wole Soyinka but it does not deny the fact that Wole Soyinka has used his, in my opinion, less developmentally valuable, Nobel prize in literature, to advance the interests of the Yorubas. You can easily observe this in his works and activism. However there is a Philip Emegwali, a Nobel Prize winner in Super computing, a very powerful subject area necessary for industrial growth and social development. So now we ask, how has Philip contributed to the development of the computing industry in the East? Zero contribution. That guy is a mathematician, a computer scientist and one of the persons with the highest IQ on the planet. Yet his impact on the Ndigbos is zero. This shows why the Ndigbos are still slaves to the FG today, like every other region of the country. Just imagine the impact that could have been recorded if Philip Emegwali built a centre of excellence for computational sciences? That centre will be visited by powerful scientists all over the world. Just imagine that Philip creates a start-up for building super computers in the East using local/foreign
resources, like Innoson. Just imagine the impact that would be generated to the East.

As far as I am concerned if the East does not work on having more people like Innoson building value and wealth in the East...the East will always scrape the bottom of development like every other region!

Philip Emegwali was not given Nobel Prize. I suggest you stick with a subject you know little about. Chinua Achebe's novel become among the first five most read books in the world hence in the class with Bible. Chinua Achebe in his classical essay, An Image of Africa, destroyed Joseph Conrad's Heart of Darkness and melted the so-called apex social position of Europeans on earth in 1977. In order to slight Chinua Achebe, the committee of the silly Europeans who manage the Sweden based Nobel Prize decided to award Wole Soyinka the prize in 1986 on a subject he has no benchmark. Any fool knows Wole Soyinka is a playwright or mere dramatist but a novelist.

1 Like

Re: National Resentment Of The Igbo, In Achebe's Words by LukasPodolski: 11:42pm On Dec 30, 2020
Bkayyy:

So another word you people use for dilapidated structures is ancient.
Wow we learn everyday.

And Mr man I never compared a city like Aba to animal farm of Ibadan. Aba is compared to fellow cities like Abuja, New York and London not a shank in the dirty Republic of Oyo.

Lastly when you show a city skyline put it in one picture. The picture must cover atleast 3km of the city like the one below.
They are ancient buildings built when your useless forefathers were living on trees..

That's Ibadan old town, the same way you find old and ancient buildings in Western cities like Rome, Athens, Milan, Warsaw, Berlin e.t.c where tourists pays to visit.

Those ancient buildings are symbols of earlier civilization...

Apparently, no city in the east can stand Ibadan, the third Largest city in Nigeria... Not Eastern city even comes close.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Ebonyi: Court Reinstates Sacked Obasi Odefa, Two Other Lawmakers / Why Are Salaries Of Federal Workers Delayed Every Month / Picture of the army checking nigerian entering the country of western nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.