Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,110 members, 7,811,127 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:02 AM

National Resentment Of The Igbo, In Achebe's Words - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National Resentment Of The Igbo, In Achebe's Words (7578 Views)

Why The Inordinate Fear And Resentment Towards The Igbo By Nigerians / There Is A Growing Resentment Of Fulani Herdsmen Within The Hausa Community. / Tinubu Begs Igbo In Lagos, Osinbajo Appeals To Hausa Community For Votes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Resentment Of The Igbo, In Achebe's Words by marsman: 7:27am On Dec 31, 2020
Dedetwo:

The bolded is complete nonsense. The same disciples of Ahmadu Bello fought a war of attrition to keep Nigeria as a union. Why would Igbo collectively decide to stage a coup when things in Nigeria during the era in discussion were within their reach?
Ahmedu bello himself called Nigeria a Mistake, his Underlings Tafawa balewa said and i quote that "Nigeria is just something the british created, that it was never meant to be one" Awolowo tried to make secession available for any region in our Constitution, it wad zik the leader of Igbos then, that demonized him and called him an enemy of the state.
Igbos were not at the elms of affairs then (tafawa was the prime minister)although they had almost all the top offices to them selves, they were not still satisfied,what igbos wanted was total domination, which they got, but was forcefully taken back in July.
Nnamdi Azikiwe (1945).
“from all indications, the god of us Igbos have destined us to rule the whole Africa”.
Re: National Resentment Of The Igbo, In Achebe's Words by marsman: 7:38am On Dec 31, 2020
reality1010:

Your claims on this platform are riddle with lies. I still cant tell why some of you lie decieving yourself. Zik was a nationalist and so he was and wanted to be. wHe was also an Africanist especially when you look at his influence on Kwame Nkruma which you did not mention. This influence was responsible in the Ghanain fight for independence. Now coming to Zik's influence in the South West, that region was part of nigeria and lagos was the capital and center of activities for the white man and everyone,so you cant blame Zik for his role in that region rather you blame Awo who brought in tribalism to fight a national course. On the issue of seccession, take time to listen to Zik's interview when he was alive. He told the white journalist that interviewed that he didnt support secession after Awo and Sarduana gave in to it becasue he knew what the white man wanted. He was the target and they knew he would accept it but he surprised them by saying no. Also come to think of it, is it the acceptance that is the grux or the direct action? Yorubas specifically will say seccession but when you bring them out for it their position will change. We have seen how Yorubas will say true federalism , fiscal federalism etc but at the conference they will change. Is it not Senator Adefuye and other yorubas that refused to grant South south resource control after all their noise on how Awo used resources in the region to develop the place. So keep to yourself that issue. Presently, Yorubas are begining to ask for succession after all the abuse and name calling on the Igbos for calling for seccession. Igbo land is developed more than other regions. Go round the country and see yourself. Apart from Lagos and Abuja whereelse. Even with no federal presence the people are living fine. How proficient and efficient is the socalled federal presence in your place?You still dont have water and electricity but individuals have been able to provide these things for themselves besides the humanitarian ones from people.
Lots of you guys should concentrate on how to develop your place and make it nice, for the Igbos, they v gone beyond the Nigerian mentality. Remember w have more Igbos who understand Yorubas, hausa and speak the langauge than you do about the Igbos, and that put them in a better position to assess others, however they dont do that because they are capitalist in nature.
Another load of bull shit, infact Igbo Land is the best in Africa right, and Ironsi was a Yoruba man
Igbos never wanted BIAFRA, it was the Yorubas that clamoured for it. Mitchewwee, you can only deceive IIdiots the do not Know there onions.
Re: National Resentment Of The Igbo, In Achebe's Words by jimyjames(m): 7:56am On Dec 31, 2020
7lives:

If Yorubas voted for Zik, how did Awo emerged as the first premier of SW?.
through tribal bigotry sentiment, awo managed to convince his Yoruba brothers to reject zik cause he is igbo
Re: National Resentment Of The Igbo, In Achebe's Words by jimyjames(m): 8:06am On Dec 31, 2020
7lives:

If you don't know where you are coming from, you won't know where you are going.
Your people tried to dominate and exploit other tribes in their various regions.
Did Zik not tried to become the premier of SW?.
Go and listen to Late Samuel Ladoke Akintola, the former premier of SW, on the nepotism of Igbos at the University of Ibadan.
Where as educated as Yorubas are at that period, Yorubas are only good enough to be employed as messengers, cleaners and gardners.
Was it not the same thing happening in the north?
Why do you think Akintola, Ahmadu Bello, Balewa and Okotiebo needs to die?.
Anyone standing on Igbo domination agenda must go, period.
Must Igbos force themselves on others?, and have Igbos stopped?, just look at the so called Biafran map, people that are not even related to Igbos have been carved into the map without seeking their consent and you said your people don't seek to dominate others?.
Until your people stopped looking at others as idiots whom Igbos needs to manage or baby sit,
sorry will continue to be una case in this country.
the igbos dominated and occupied those positions they had, by pure hardwork and merit, it wasn't given to them on a Platter of gold, the igbos you should know, weren't the favorites of the colonial masters, in those days people progress in their careers by hardwork not by Who Knows Who we have these days
Re: National Resentment Of The Igbo, In Achebe's Words by jimyjames(m): 8:12am On Dec 31, 2020
Etinosa1234:

Lmao... Go On some of the fb pages of the tribes I mentioned and see how they resent Biafra... I wonder where u heard that Biafra is supported in the South South...

Believe me, u are in for a huge disappointment

like I said social media propaganda doesn't count anyone can claim to be anything on social media , Biafra have supporters both in South South and South East, and those against it from South South and South East, if you watch the Nnamdi KANU Eastern security network video you will see commanders of almost all the tribes in South South with their own unite troops under them
Re: National Resentment Of The Igbo, In Achebe's Words by jimyjames(m): 8:34am On Dec 31, 2020
HolarQD:

This your submission again confirms your biased opinion. Before the civil war or even precolonial nigeria, can you sincerely compare development between the Yoruba nation and the Igbo nation?

What makes you think that any other tribe wouldn’t have achieved even better of faces with similar challenges? Why do you guys always claim something that can’t be proven and want people(other tribes) to accept such claims but when these other tribes makes claim as such you infer hatred as the basis of such claims?

first of all the northerners and the Yoruba region got in contact with the colonial masters many many years before they reached the igbo region , when the igbos finally got in contact with the whites, like achebe said, it took them just 20 yrs to catch up with the Yorubas and even surpass them cause the igbos were not hindered by religion or tradition like the northerners and Yorubas

talking about development, like I said civilization came to the north and west many many years before it reached the igbos, before the colonial masters reached igboland they had already built cities in Yoruba and northern region while we igbos were still living in mud houses in our forest

the reason why I think the northerners and Yorubas won't have achieved all this we igbos achieved after a destructive civil war is that, even though their regions were not affected by the civil war nothing much have changed even though they got civilization and their cities were built by the white long before the igbos nothing much have changed, we the igbos could have done better if it was the other way round
Re: National Resentment Of The Igbo, In Achebe's Words by jimyjames(m): 8:42am On Dec 31, 2020
HolarQD:

You keep on shooting yourself in the foot. Was there any agreement between Yorubas and igbos for support? What were you expecting the Yorubas to do? Or are you not aware that it was Zik that blocked Awo from including secession clause in Nigeria’s constitution? Or didn’t even Zik later withdrew support for Biafra, after claiming Ojukwu didn’t consult him? If the igbos couldn’t even unite and support themselves, was it the Yoruba you blame for such failure?

The Yorubas especially Awo was not fully satisfied by the entraption called Nigeria and was magnanimous enough to suggest a possible clause for secession but igbos see this as tribalistic and now they’re lamenting over something that a clause would have granted them easily. This proves that Awo was visionary enough to foresee that the entraption was bound for failure from the onset.

I still ask you, how powerful were the igbos that they were able to single handedly do all these things , and you Yorubas and northerners couldn't do anything about it? you Yorubas and northerners were the first to get education and civilization long before the igbos, how come this uncivilized forest people the igbos were making decisions on your behalf? what were you all doing? how powerful were the igbos?
Re: National Resentment Of The Igbo, In Achebe's Words by jimyjames(m): 8:44am On Dec 31, 2020
oyatz:

This victim mentality is really affecting this younger generation of Igbos.
So all other ethnic groups in Nigeria (over 200 groups) are against only the Igbo group?

it's a national resentment no doubt
Re: National Resentment Of The Igbo, In Achebe's Words by 7lives: 8:54am On Dec 31, 2020
reality1010:

Funny enough, that your people wanted Obasanjo to help you leave Nigeria during the civil war and Abacha time. And everytime you keep saying Igbos wanted to annex yoruba land. what a shame and self denial.

You mean the same Obasanjo that refused to give Victor Banjo a passage into Yoruba land or another Obasanjo?.
Nothing wey person no go read for nairaland.
Re: National Resentment Of The Igbo, In Achebe's Words by 7lives: 8:56am On Dec 31, 2020
reality1010:

Igbos are Igbos, no matter what you say or do in your capacity you cant stop them instead they will keep soaring higher in every field of endeavor in nigeria and outside the shores of nigeria. Though Igbos particpated in the oup but the fact remains tha it was a Yorubas coup. We still see yorubas trying to replicate same agenda with Amotekun and Endsars protest but it is not working. Suddenly one of your professors have started yoruba seccession from nigeria. When you look at his ways of operation you will see that it is an agenda that has been there with them. Igbo are part of nigeria and will remain because they are everywhere.

Interesting piece.
Re: National Resentment Of The Igbo, In Achebe's Words by 7lives: 8:58am On Dec 31, 2020
Dedetwo:

On the bolded, Zik never even dreamt of becoming the premier of western region of Nigeria. Azikiwe contested election into regional house of assembly from Lagos. The person who would have become the head of business in what later became western region was Adegoke Adelabu. According to AMA Akinloye, "Anybody from western region of Nigeria who did not run under the umbrella of Action Group and later became a member of AG, defected" including his very self. Zik left western region not because of carpet crossing but issue with Olorunimbe as representative at the national level. The British ran the University College, Ibadan and appointed whom they considered the best hand as the VC.

Another interesting piece.
Re: National Resentment Of The Igbo, In Achebe's Words by 7lives: 8:59am On Dec 31, 2020
Dedetwo:

It is called election, dude.
Interesting.
Re: National Resentment Of The Igbo, In Achebe's Words by 7lives: 9:00am On Dec 31, 2020
jimyjames:

the igbos dominated and occupied those positions they had, by pure hardwork and merit, it wasn't given to them on a Platter of gold, the igbos you should know, weren't the favorites of the colonial masters, in those days people progress in their careers by hardwork not by Who Knows Who we have these days

Wow, very interesting.
Re: National Resentment Of The Igbo, In Achebe's Words by jimyjames(m): 9:01am On Dec 31, 2020
marsman:

Mr man, i am not one gullible fellow, that will believe anything he is told, i do my research, you your self was not there, you don't know what they were thinking. They said, they said, but there action were different, they killed with partiality, but they wanted to make Nigeria, killing people in the North and West, but sparing the people of the east, so that they can take Control of Nigeria. Even if Nzeougwu, come back to earth, with Jesus beside him, so as to prevent him fro lieing to say that it was , a coup, to put Igbos at the helms of affairs of Nigeria, you Guys will still say he is Lying, and find a way to tackle him.

Zik owned a News paper that spoke about the ills of colonialism so what, even Awo owned a News paper. Little did you know, that it was Awos party that, raised the motion for independence.

When opinions became unanimous that Lord Luggard and his government must be forced out of Nigeria and indeed the whole of Africa, it was still the Igbos that frustrated the attempts. Here is how:
In 1948, Anthony Enahoro organized an anti-colonization symposium in Lagos for which Azikiwe and some other Igbos had agreed to deliver the keynote address. But when the D-day came, Azikiwe was nowhere to be found as he deliberately disappeared into thin air for fear of being arrested and dealt with by Lord Luggard. Anthony Enahoro then quickly replaced Azikiwe with another person who did the job improptu but perfectly well as he lambasted and lampooned Lord Luggard and the British Government. However, the British soldiers invaded the symposium venue, arrested the speaker and Enahoro and jailed them for treasonable felony. Ironically, the next day Azikiwe came out of hiding and granted a radio interview in which he accused Enahoro and the other organizers of suffering from youthful exhuberance.
On regaining his freedom few weeks later and being told of Azikiwe's radio interview, Enahoro resigned from his post as Editor of Azikiwe's newspaper - The West African Pilot.
Then he wrote a book titled "Nnamdi Azikiwe: Sinner of Saint". After launching the book, Enahoro left Azikiwe's party - the NCNC, and moved over to Awolowo's Action Group.

You callWike and the whole of ikwere people denying being Igbo Internet propaganda, you people and your force Attache issue, even Akwa Ibom people distinguishes them self from Igbo, not to talk trying to call Benin man an Igbo man, he will just kill you.
Yoruba don't love zik, Mr man, NCNC wining Some Yorubas vote is Understandable. Firstly it is a party that was created by Olayinka Herbert Samuel Heelas Badmus Macaulay, A Yoruba Man,

Secondly the party Consisted of Yoruba Members, who had stonghold in Yoruba Land.

whatever you say or think doesn't count, only what they plotters said counts and your Yoruba brother was one of them and he wrote a book about it

my friend between zik and awo zik fought the colonial masters pretty hard awo was just a clannish man who was only concerned about his people the Yorubas and not Nigeria it was zik that fought for Nigeria and he gained a lot of prestige all over Africa he was called zik of Africa no one knew awolowo

same way wike denied being igbo same way amaechi agree's he is igbo and there are a lot of ikwere who thinks like wike and there are a lot of ikwere who think like amaechi so you can't conclude on behalf of ikwere , not you not wike not amaechi
Re: National Resentment Of The Igbo, In Achebe's Words by Etinosa1234: 9:02am On Dec 31, 2020
jimyjames:

like I said social media propaganda doesn't count anyone can claim to be anything on social media , Biafra have supporters both in South South and South East, and those against it from South South and South East, if you watch the Nnamdi KANU Eastern security network video you will see commanders of almost all the tribes in South South with their own unite troops under them

If social media which is more of like a consensus for people is nothing to go by, what is ur guarantee that the South South is wanting Biafra...

Do u know if Nnamdi Kanu foot soldiers are lying to him... I'm Benin and I'll tell u that none of my family members know Nnamdi Kanu... My parents resent them....

I also know ijaw groups that have dissociated themselves from ipob... So if all this things are happening, what makes u think that South South want Biafra...

U better wake up and smell.the coffee...

Most of this tribes don't want to be under any tribe after Nigeria so there's no reason to fight for Biafra
Re: National Resentment Of The Igbo, In Achebe's Words by HolarQD(m): 9:08am On Dec 31, 2020
jimyjames:

I still ask you, how powerful were the igbos that they were able to single handedly do all these things , and you Yorubas and northerners couldn't do anything about it? you Yorubas and northerners were the first to get education and civilization long before the igbos, how come this uncivilized forest people the igbos were making decisions on your behalf? what were you all doing? how powerful were the igbos?

Which decisions were the igbos making on behalf of the other tribes? Like what are you saying sef?
Re: National Resentment Of The Igbo, In Achebe's Words by jimyjames(m): 9:08am On Dec 31, 2020
Etinosa1234:

If social media which is more of like a consensus for people is nothing to go by, what is ur guarantee that the South South is wanting Biafra...

Do u know if Nnamdi Kanu foot soldiers are lying to him... I'm Benin and I'll tell u that none of my family members know Nnamdi Kanu... My parents resent them....

I also know ijaw groups that have dissociated themselves from ipob... So if all this things are happening, what makes u think that South South want Biafra...

U better wake up and smell.the coffee...

Most of this tribes don't want to be under any tribe after Nigeria so there's no reason to fight for Biafra

well I'm igbo and I know igbo people who don't know Nnamdi KANU and don't want Biafra, but that doesn't mean the whole South East doesn't want Biafra, same thing can be said about South South
Re: National Resentment Of The Igbo, In Achebe's Words by gwafaeziokwu: 9:13am On Dec 31, 2020
NwaAro:

Pardon the dunce, he's Yoruba afterall so his knowledge of history or lack thereof is quite honestly jaundiced. Adekunle the midget narcissistic was only noted and infamous for his military " genius"and" exploits" mostly in the coastal areas of the COR namely Calabar, Ogoja, and Rivers areas... and that was mostly due to the massive help he got from those minority areas than any brilliant leadership on his part. Yet when the ungrateful little cunt got into those minority areas, his way of saying thank you for helping us was to indiscriminately shoot at innocent unarmed civilians mostly women and children... it's a known fact that he got envious of Major Isaac Boro and his 16th Brigade unit of mostly Ijaw soldiers who were actually doing the real dirty work of fighting Biafran soldiers in the creeks while the useless Yoruba and Hausa soldiers stayed back in the rear to do "mop up" operations after Boro's men had done all the hard work... that's how Boro lost so many men and when he protested and complained about the unfair treatment of his unit... he later got killed mysteriously at Okrika front (even though it was confirmed that Adekunle had him killed) as he saw Boro as a stubborn pest and threat to his chauvistic greed for glory and empire.

Now when Adekunle was done with operations in the minority areas where he had it relatively easy thanks to tacit supports from these minority leaders and of course Boro...the idiot thought he would have it easy in the Ibo heartland itself...forgetting that we were definitely not going to let him have a stroll in the park without fighting for every inch of Igboland. Adekunle been the delusional clown that he was devised his grand OAU plan to simply capture Owerri, Aba and Umuahia in quick succession. He even devised his evil plans to "shoot anything that moves" in Iboland, can you imagine how evil someone could be?

He then advanced into Igboland, didn't get as far as Umuahia, got his behind handed to him at Aba and lost nearly 1/3 of his fighting force, got bogged down in Umuahia, managed to capture Owerri before losing it in less than 5 months...Adekunle lost about 60,000 men just in some insane yet ambitions plan to capture three small towns in quick succession, and of course he was relieved of his command of the 3 marine commandos and sent to work as a traffic control officer in Lagos. He was completely demystified in that failed operation in the core Igbo heartlands, and his air of invincibility was nothing more than a charade told in hushed tones and tales of whispers... lived the best part of his life a miserable lonely man and it was said at some point an Igbo was even feeding him. He died with no military honors or glory, even Ojukwu, a rebel received a far better military send off than the hero of Nigerias bloody war.

You know your history well nwanne. The reason Ndigbo usually don't take the bait in arguing about the coward psychopath is because the cross riverians are ours and Adekunle infamous executioning of civilians in the that axis is bad enough.

The idiot was a typical Yoruba man. Boastful after executing soft targets. While others were busy in the war front ,he got busy with BBC camera following him around as he do his mop up operation. It was those series of BBC coverage that made him known. The journalists were looking for a war story and they needed a show man. Who better than a yoruba? grin

He ran away from umuahia severally as he met the real Igbos in their turf. But he has put himself in trouble claiming to be a formidable soldier so he was left to do real battle where the real battle is; Igbo heart land. Owerri was his waterloo. He lost thousands of soldier that at a point the Nigerian Army hierarchy saw his incompetence and sent him back to Lagos, tail between his legs. grin

1 Like

Re: National Resentment Of The Igbo, In Achebe's Words by jimyjames(m): 9:15am On Dec 31, 2020
HolarQD:

Which decisions were the igbos making on behalf of the other tribes? Like what are you saying sef?
very good question, but not long ago you blamed the forest man zik for blocking awolowo from including secession in the Nigerian Constitution, you blame igbo for unitary government etc, how powerful were this forest people?
Re: National Resentment Of The Igbo, In Achebe's Words by Etinosa1234: 9:17am On Dec 31, 2020
jimyjames:

well I'm igbo and I know igbo people who don't know Nnamdi KANU and don't want Biafra, but that doesn't mean the whole South East doesn't want Biafra, same thing can be said about South South

Lol... U are Igbo and u know that a large Majority want Biafra

I am Benin and I know that a large Majority of Benin don't want Biafra.....

Is that too much to understand
Re: National Resentment Of The Igbo, In Achebe's Words by HolarQD(m): 9:18am On Dec 31, 2020
jimyjames:

first of all the northerners and the Yoruba region got in contact with the colonial masters many many years before they reached the igbo region , when the igbos finally got in contact with the whites, like achebe said, it took them just 20 yrs to catch up with the Yorubas and even surpass them cause the igbos were not hindered by religion or tradition like the northerners and Yorubas

talking about development, like I said civilization came to the north and west many many years before it reached the igbos, before the colonial masters reached igboland they had already built cities in Yoruba and northern region while we igbos were still living in mud houses in our forest

the reason why I think the northerners and Yorubas won't have achieved all this we igbos achieved after a destructive civil war is that, even though their regions were not affected by the civil war nothing much have changed even though they got civilization and their cities were built by the white long before the igbos nothing much have changed, we the igbos could have done better if it was the other way round

Lol! In your wildest dream bro. The first people to come in contact with the Europeans are the binis. And for your information, the colonial masters came to Nigeria through calabar which was part of your Biafra during the civil war.

I didn’t intend to do tribal bashing with you, wanted to discuss and see if there would be an Igbo that’s rationale in you.

Re: National Resentment Of The Igbo, In Achebe's Words by jneutron4000: 9:20am On Dec 31, 2020
[s]
Dedetwo:

You must be a ninny for spewing the bolded crap. I have wasted my time crossing words with a dumbass dingbat. Only fool would insinuate that people who wore tribal sectionalism were nationalists. Do you even know the connotation of Unionist? If you are not a dunce of considerable magnitude, you would have realized Fulani should not have joined the war to keep the union called Nigeria. Any jackass who fought the war against Ndigbo and Biafrans wanted the shithole called One-Nigeria.
[/s]Igbos are nothing but criminals that is why they are calling from Biafrauddd, why is it so difficult for Igbos to call for Igbo Nation? That is only Igbo speaking territories, why must it be a biafra that must also include non Igbo speaking ethnic groups, especially those who has clearly denounced being Biafra, you must be very stupid thinking others are fools. Before Frank Opigo suggested that Portugese name Biafra to Ojukwu before the civil war, Niger Delta wanted out of Nigeria through Adaka Boro but it was Ojukwu that that led the troops against the people of Niger Delta in a 12 days war and captured Adaka boro whom your people imprisoned and awaiting for his death, because at that time Igbos were majorly on top then and your people held firm onto one Nigeria. Idiot you are here thinking you can deceive people. Nairaland is not IPOB page where you disseminate propaganda and lies, so fvk off my mention you retard.
Re: National Resentment Of The Igbo, In Achebe's Words by jimyjames(m): 9:23am On Dec 31, 2020
HolarQD:

Lol! In your wildest dream bro. The first people to come in contact with the Europeans are the binis. And for your information, the colonial masters came to Nigeria through calabar which was part of your Biafra during the civil war.

I didn’t intend to do tribal bashing with you, wanted to discuss and see if there would be an Igbo that’s rationale in you.
my friend do your research further I'm talking about igboland not binis civilization came to Yorubas and northerners before the igbos
Re: National Resentment Of The Igbo, In Achebe's Words by gwafaeziokwu: 9:28am On Dec 31, 2020
Etinosa1234:

Was Benin part of the old Eastern region? Why would Ndigbo want a biafran where Benin is a part of?

Nnamdi kanu's map has been giving you minorities new sense of importance, Eziokwu. You guys can't believe that the ever confident Igbos who don't rate other tribes as equal is giving you guys little attention. grin

I understand the feeling. Bro calm down, referendum won't even be conducted in Edo when the time comes. Stick to proving or disproving your Yoruba ancestry. It is when you are done finding out whom you really are that you can actually discuss independence or joining one nation or the other.
Re: National Resentment Of The Igbo, In Achebe's Words by jimyjames(m): 9:29am On Dec 31, 2020
Etinosa1234:

I haven't mentioned anything about majority here I said a lot of people wants Biafra and others don't both in South East and south South, but you argued that the entire South South completely reject Biafra and that's a lie
Re: National Resentment Of The Igbo, In Achebe's Words by gwafaeziokwu: 9:34am On Dec 31, 2020
jneutron4000:
[s][/s]Igbos are nothing but criminals that is why they are calling from Biafrauddd, why is it so difficult for Igbos to call for Igbo Nation? That is only Igbo speaking territories, why must it be a biafra that must also include non Igbo speaking ethnic groups, especially those who has clearly denounced being Biafra, you must be very stupid thinking others are fools. Before Frank Opigo suggested that Portugese name Biafra to Ojukwu before the civil war, Niger Delta wanted out of Nigeria through Adaka Boro but it was Ojukwu that that led the troops against the people of Niger Delta in a 12 days war and captured Adaka boro whom your people imprisoned and awaiting for his death, because at that time Igbos were majorly on top then and your people held firm onto one Nigeria. Idiot you are here thinking you can deceive people. Nairaland is not IPOB page where you disseminate propaganda and lies, so fvk off my mention you retard.

Igbos are doing you a favour by giving you option to join them early enough. When Biafra is achieved , annexing the surrounding neighbourhood should be a walk in the park. cool

Only those who signed on from the word go shall have a choice spot on the table. Be wise. grin
Re: National Resentment Of The Igbo, In Achebe's Words by Etinosa1234: 9:35am On Dec 31, 2020
gwafaeziokwu:

Was Benin part of the old Eastern region? Why would Ndigbo want a biafran where Benin is a part of?

Nnamdi kanu's map has been giving you minorities new sense of importance, Eziokwu. You guys can't believe that the ever confident Igbos who don't rate other tribes as equal is giving you guys little attention. grin

I understand the feeling. Bro calm down, referendum won't even be conducted in Edo when the time comes. Stick to proving or disproving your Yoruba ancestry. It is when you are done finding out whom you really are that you can actually discuss independence or joining one nation or the other.

Lol lmao... I'm not even talking abt Benin alone... ..

If u don't know, the urhobos, ijaw, itsekiri that y'all want to add under Biafra was under the old western region before...

Stick to ur 5 states bro
Re: National Resentment Of The Igbo, In Achebe's Words by Etinosa1234: 9:36am On Dec 31, 2020
jimyjames:

I haven't mentioned anything about majority here I said a lot of people wants Biafra and others don't both in South East and south South, but you argued that the entire South South completely reject Biafra and that's a lie

I never said all of them...

100 people cannot think alike not to talk of an entire tribe.. I was talking about majority and majority wins the vote
Re: National Resentment Of The Igbo, In Achebe's Words by HolarQD(m): 9:37am On Dec 31, 2020
jimyjames:

very good question, but not long ago you blamed the forest man zik for blocking awolowo from including secession in the Nigerian Constitution, you blame igbo for unitary government etc, how powerful were this forest people?

Lol! You don’t even know much about this stuff. Zik didn’t literally stopped Awo because o any power, it was just a discussion that was propagated by the three pre colonial leaders at that time. Zik wants a Nigeria for all without any recourse to ethnoreligious identity, Awo wanted an ethnorelgious identifier that would ensure proper development for each groups before merging at the central, Ahmadu Bello wanted a primarily traditional state that would ensure the development of all north irrespective of languages first before uniting at the central.

Who dash Zik that was just a ceremonial head power?
Re: National Resentment Of The Igbo, In Achebe's Words by Layiwolaadigun7: 9:38am On Dec 31, 2020
jimyjames:

I'm pretty sure you have not read, There was a country by chinua Achebe

there's nothing special about the book. It's opening pages highlighted intellectual abilities that Igbo possessed that others don't.

It detailed how other ethnic groups conspired to wage war against Biafra (civil war) and massacre millions of children. He explained how he junkets the world as one of Biafra emissaries.

The book can better be re titled as the LAMENTATION of AN ETHNIC BIGOT.
Re: National Resentment Of The Igbo, In Achebe's Words by HolarQD(m): 9:40am On Dec 31, 2020
jimyjames:

my friend do your research further I'm talking about igboland not binis civilization came to Yorubas and northerners before the igbos

The Yoruba civilisation was internal bro, even before any external contact. Go and read, be objective and knowledge would come naturally.
Re: National Resentment Of The Igbo, In Achebe's Words by gwafaeziokwu: 9:42am On Dec 31, 2020
Etinosa1234:

Lol lmao... I'm not even talking abt Benin alone... ..

If u don't know, the urhobos, ijaw, itsekiri that y'all want to add under Biafra was under the old western region before...

Stick to ur 5 states bro

We are saying the same thing. What will I be doing in the same country with an urhobo, or itchekiri man. They can never be part of us. Nnamdi Kanu is catching cruise and you guys are Jonsing.

The sticking to 5 eastern is where you need to be giving a big e slap. No one has a right to decide where Igbo land starts and end except the Igbos themselves. We shall redraw the map by our selves when the time comes and the remaining land that do not belong to us will be handed over to you.

BUT NOT EVEN ONE INCH OF IGBOLAND WILL BE CEDED TO THE ANYONE! !!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Ths Is The Aluu4 Debtor: Coxson Lelebori Lucky, Alias ‘bright’ / How Femi Fani-kayode Slept With His Mother – Ex Wife Revealed / A Genuine Call For A One Week Ceasefire Between Yorubas And Igbos On Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.