Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,906 members, 7,821,145 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:57 AM

Linking NIN To SIM: Matters Arising - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Linking NIN To SIM: Matters Arising (42162 Views)

How To Unblock And Link Your NIN To Your MTN, Glo, Airtel And 9mobile Number / FG Urges Citizens To Link NIN To SIM Without Delay / What Happens To Sim Numbers Of Deceased People? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Linking NIN To SIM: Matters Arising by God2man2again(m): 9:44am On Jan 07, 2021
FG needs to develop an APP to solve this crisis ASAP.
Re: Linking NIN To SIM: Matters Arising by God2man2again(m): 9:47am On Jan 07, 2021
eazycliq:
This is not something I should have shared online. But for any person that sees it,Kudos!
If you are a serious minded person, you should start making over 20k every weekly on propays after this.
You can start today with a one time registration fee of 1500 OR 2000 and stand d chance to earn over 20k everyday Ask me how”.

Why do you want people to make money without any personal interest?

Do they ask you for help?

Why do you want them to make #20k?

To me, this is a scam unless proving otherwise.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Linking NIN To SIM: Matters Arising by Sammyblaq(m): 10:13am On Jan 07, 2021
Last last no sim will be blocked...

#GovernmentMagic
Re: Linking NIN To SIM: Matters Arising by Gemineye: 1:26pm On Jan 07, 2021
My sim card was registered in my Dad's name. I'm about to do a line retrieval. My.dad has no NIN yet..can he retrieve the line then i link to my NIN( it'll be diff names, same surname tho)
Re: Linking NIN To SIM: Matters Arising by Mcslize: 11:54pm On Jan 08, 2021
Johncuppa:
Whichever discrepancy this thing is just needed to curb insecurity.
A lady here just lost all the money in her account after her phone was stolen, and a sim was used to buy card with the money.

The rate of cyber fraud in our days is alarming, and a step like this is needed asap.

Read what the op wrote. He wasn't saying we shouldn't link our sim. He is talking about many persons who are having errors in their names. Mtn is sending them away that they can't link their Sims cuz of error in their names.

The person finger print and picture is there. It is a matter of swearing an affidavit for the corrections of those with name issues. It is as simple as that. But right now heck no, they are clueless as to how to resolve that.

But now they are saying, simply because you skip your middle name in their data, they can't link the line and retrieve it.

Can you see how clueless they are?

1 Like

Re: Linking NIN To SIM: Matters Arising by Johncuppa(m): 11:59pm On Jan 08, 2021
Mcslize:

Read what the op wrote. He wasn't saying we shouldn't link our sim. He is talking about many persons who are having errors in their names. Mtn is sending them away that they can't link their Sims cuz of error in their names.

The person finger print and picture is there. It is a matter of swearing an affidavit for the corrections of those with name issues. It is as simple as that. But right now heck no, they are clueless as to how to resolve that.

But now they are saying, simply because you skip your middle name in their data, they can't link the line and retrieve it.

Can you see how clueless they are?
Thanks for this.
God bless you
Re: Linking NIN To SIM: Matters Arising by Mcslize: 11:59pm On Jan 08, 2021
Sixfeetbelle:
I don't even know why I'm reluctant to link my SIM card to my NIN sef.

Hopefully, I don't have any discrepancies for when I eventually do it

If you know the name you use to register your sim doesn't tally with what's on your national ID card, don't just bother.
Re: Linking NIN To SIM: Matters Arising by Mcslize: 12:02am On Jan 09, 2021
CuteTj:

Are you a crook?? Thats on a lighter note but why would you register sim A with one name then sim B with a slightly different name from the first sim.?

Some used their middle names to register their sims but skip that middle name on their national ID card that bear the NIN.

It's a matter of swearing an affidavit for correction of names and verify the person finger print to confirm he or she is the owner of the sim. That's how they supposed resolve those with name issues.

They are just clueless bunch of people handling this linking things.
Re: Linking NIN To SIM: Matters Arising by Mcslize: 12:06am On Jan 09, 2021
papiforreal:

May be you don't know. But you can link your Sim to NIN even if the name doesn't matches

You can't especially for mtn users.
Re: Linking NIN To SIM: Matters Arising by Mcslize: 12:21am On Jan 09, 2021
Bossman:
A lot of people, myself included, are going to run into these name issues. During the early days of sim registration a lot of people used short first names, because they did not require any official ID back then. Same thing with BVN. However most people have their full names on official documents, such as passports, birth certs., etc. So if NIMC/Telcos are trying to match on firsname, a lot will fail! Normally most modern software systems should match on a combination of DOB and Lastname. Then if multiple are found that match, it can be narrowed down by adding firstname and a variation of firstname, such as Segun, Olusegun, Oluwasegun. Going this route should 'uniquely' identify someone and eliminate most of these problems. The NIMC system is just not written well in my opinion.

Exactly. That's the same issue I faced. I used my middle name and surname to register my sim. But on my national ID card that carries my NIN, I skipped that middle name and used only my first name and surname.

Just for that slight omission, mtn office said they can't link the sim to my NIN. I was even recommending to them that this is a matter of swearing an affidavit for correction of names to correct the one on their system to match what I have on my National ID card. But they seems not to reason in that direction. Whate clueless bunch of people!

I just jejely went home.

1 Like

Re: Linking NIN To SIM: Matters Arising by Mcslize: 12:29am On Jan 09, 2021
evans4luv:
the answer is simple, to save yourself the stress, just get a new sim card and register it with the name on ur NIN shekena

They are neither selling nor registering new sim cards at the moment.

It be like say u no dey the country o.
Re: Linking NIN To SIM: Matters Arising by evans4luv: 9:20am On Jan 09, 2021
Mcslize:

grin
Mcslize:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Identify Objects Using Google Lens On Your Smartphones / Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 / Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.