Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,846 members, 7,820,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:31 AM

Jesus Is Not God Neither Are There Any Trinity In One - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Is Not God Neither Are There Any Trinity In One (7211 Views)

Trinity In Islam!? Muslims Cannot Explain! / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Woman Was Not God's Original Idea (video) / Messi Is Not “god” – Pope Francis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jesus Is Not God Neither Are There Any Trinity In One by thorpido(m): 4:52pm On Jan 06, 2021
Jman24:

My brother .. I like your permutations. But it doesn't matter how long someone knows he will die. The question is at that point of his death.. he said if it were possible let this cup pass over me ; that's a statement of intent (divided will) ...
Let the will be done (the will of God)
God cannot have two 'wills' over a situation at a particular time.
So that analysis is flawed

At the end of it all,was THE SAME will fulfilled or not?

N.B.Jesus had an earthly body here on the Earth and was subject to pain like every human being.His statement of asking to let the cup pass over him was from the point of 'fleshy rejection'.
Re: Jesus Is Not God Neither Are There Any Trinity In One by agboola93862: 4:54pm On Jan 06, 2021
I would be glad to answer many questions as long you ask to learn.
Re: Jesus Is Not God Neither Are There Any Trinity In One by NeoWanZaeed(m): 5:02pm On Jan 06, 2021
thorpido:
You(and obviously other Sunnis)are the ones who say they are not Muslims.Shia believe Mohammed appointed Ali as his successor and this is backed up by the Hadith and history books.
They believe in Allah because they believe Muhammed's message and his appointment of Ali.According to history,some companions of Muhammed resisted them but he also got backing from some companions of Muhammed. Shias's believe is based on the Hadith of Ghadir Khumm and some others.

See you can't prove they are wrong because of your own beliefs.They also have proofs backed up by Hadiths and history that they are right.

One thing I'm trying to show you from all of this is that the SAME issue of what you may call 'inconsistencies' in the Bible or Christianity affects Islam too.
SHIA BELIEVED SO BUT DO THEY HAVE PROOF? NO! JUST AS OTHER N0NSENSES DEY BELIEVE. ISLAM IS VERY CLEAR. JUST FOLLOW THE PROPHET. EVEN BI CLAIM THEY FOLLOW D PROPHET..EVEN JALABI ALFA CLAIM SAME
Re: Jesus Is Not God Neither Are There Any Trinity In One by Jman24(m): 5:07pm On Jan 06, 2021
thorpido:

N.B.Jesus had an earthly body here on the Earth and was subject to pain like every human being.His statement of asking to let the cup pass over him was from the point of 'fleshy rejection'.

Stop twisting English language.
You and your club fixed a match to end draw .. at the 90th minute you wished for you to win.. but later saw you couldn't do anything about it.
Your will at stoppage time is for you to win. Not draw.
Re: Jesus Is Not God Neither Are There Any Trinity In One by thorpido(m): 5:08pm On Jan 06, 2021
NeoWanZaeed:
SHIA BELIEVED SO BUT DO THEY HAVE PROOF? NO! JUST AS OTHER N0NSENSES DEY BELIEVE. ISLAM IS VERY CLEAR. JUST FOLLOW THE PROPHET. EVEN BI CLAIM THEY FOLLOW D PROPHET..EVEN JALABI ALFA CLAIM SAME
You do not have sufficient proof too that they do not follow the prophet.Their faith is based on the Hadiths and Ali their leader was a companion of Muhammed.

3 Likes

Re: Jesus Is Not God Neither Are There Any Trinity In One by NeoWanZaeed(m): 5:09pm On Jan 06, 2021
CLAIMING TO FOLLOW PROPHET MUHAMMAD AND CLAIMING TO BE A MUSLIM IS VERY EASY. . . ITS TO BRING PROOF THAT SUPPORTS UR CLAIM IN QURAN AND HADITH THATS THE MAIN THING. . JUST LIKE EVERYONE CLAIMS TO BE CHRISTIAN BUT TO ATTEST AND AFFIRM THAT IS THE PROBLEM COZ BIBLE XEF NA WASH
Re: Jesus Is Not God Neither Are There Any Trinity In One by thorpido(m): 5:15pm On Jan 06, 2021
Jman24:

Stop twisting English language.
You and your club fixed a match to end draw .. at the 90th minute you wished for you to win.. but later saw you couldn't do anything about it.
Your will at stoppage time is for you to win. Not draw.
Your analogy doesn't hold water.
Jesus already told his disciples he was going to lay down his life.

No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.John 10:18.

His will from the very beginning aligned with the Father's will.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Is Not God Neither Are There Any Trinity In One by thorpido(m): 5:19pm On Jan 06, 2021
NeoWanZaeed:
CLAIMING TO FOLLOW PROPHET MUHAMMAD AND CLAIMING TO BE A MUSLIM IS VERY EASY. . . ITS TO BRING PROOF THAT SUPPORTS UR CLAIM IN QURAN AND HADITH THATS THE MAIN THING. . JUST LIKE EVERYONE CLAIMS TO BE CHRISTIAN BUT TO ATTEST AND AFFIRM THAT IS THE PROBLEM COZ BIBLE XEF NA WASH
The Hadith of Ghadir Khumm is not proof?
Your opinion @bolded.
Re: Jesus Is Not God Neither Are There Any Trinity In One by NeoWanZaeed(m): 5:21pm On Jan 06, 2021
thorpido:
You do not have sufficient proof too that they do not follow the prophet.Their faith is based on the Hadiths and Ali their leader was a companion of Muhammed.
Very funny. Shia first started during the ERA OF ALI. HE BURNT THEM ALL. All those things i said they belief and their way of worship has n0thing to do with prophet muhammad or ali. Its this same ali that vanquished khawarij {BH} when they first show up then. . I know everything about shia. No muslim can live can live in iran. Go see how they are butchering us. Very filthy people. Even jews are better than them
Re: Jesus Is Not God Neither Are There Any Trinity In One by NeoWanZaeed(m): 5:32pm On Jan 06, 2021
thorpido:
The Hadith of Ghadir Khumm is not proof?
Your opinion @bolded.
THAT IS SHIA HADITH. NO SINGLE SAHABAH BEAR THAT STUPID NAME. SHIA HAS DIFFERENT QURAN XEF. SAHABAHS ARE ALWAYS REFERED TO BY THEIR KUNYA {NICKNAME. .like abubakr, abu hurairah, abu zaid al khudry e.t.c.} MOSTLY. .they are rearely called their real names or they are called by their fathers name. . Like ibn umar and others. . . Even shia know that they are not muslim. They hate everything about islam. They are the one that started moulid nabiy
Re: Jesus Is Not God Neither Are There Any Trinity In One by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:33pm On Jan 06, 2021
Well a teacher told his disciples he has come to lay down his life as a ransom for many {Matthew 20:28} strengthened them not to fear death {Luke 12:4-5} rebuked the disciple who said such wouldn't be his portion {Matthew 16:21-23} and purposely went to Jerusalem where he will be executed now got there only to be fearful of death!

Is he now afraid of the same thing he supposed to serve as example for his timid followers?
Has he now lost confidence in his father's ability to restore him back to life?
Is he now doubting his father's promise of the resurrection hope?
How does he expect his followers to fare if he himself is scared of death?

Just listen and learn Sir! smiley

Jman24:

My brother .. I like your permutations. But it doesn't matter how long someone knows he will die. The question is at that point of his death.. he said if it were possible let this cup pass over me ; that's a statement of intent (divided will) ...
Let the will be done (the will of God)
God cannot have two 'wills' over a situation at a particular time.
So that analysis is flawed
Re: Jesus Is Not God Neither Are There Any Trinity In One by Jman24(m): 5:58pm On Jan 06, 2021
thorpido:
Your analogy doesn't hold water.
Jesus already told his disciples he was going to lay down his life.

No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.John 10:18.

His will from the very beginning aligned with the Father's will.

It still doesn't matter what you agree from the beginning. That mere agreement means the two are different. But the change 'if it is possible let this cup pass over' is all you need to know that they ain't same. You can align to what ever God wants but it doesn't make you God, especially when you even had that thought in your mind to do otherwise. That's the point.

It's still a commandment he received from God(meaning you have a choice to obey or not to) which implies you can't be God If you have a 'choice' to or not to obey.

Simple English
Re: Jesus Is Not God Neither Are There Any Trinity In One by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:05pm On Jan 06, 2021
Now i know where your arguments are coming from!

Jesus is a God just like all other spirit sons of God but he is not the Almighty God! smiley

Jman24:

It still doesn't matter what you agree from the beginning. That mere agreement means the two are different. But the change 'if it is possible let this cup pass over' is all you need to know that they ain't same. You can align to what ever God wants but it doesn't make you God, especially when you even had that thought in your mind to do otherwise. That's the point.

It's still a commandment he received from God(meaning you have a choice to obey or not to) which implies you can't be God If you have a 'choice' to or not to obey.

Simple English
Re: Jesus Is Not God Neither Are There Any Trinity In One by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jan 06, 2021
thorpido:

there is nothing like fleshy rejection. He didn't want to die.
Mathew 4:1-11
In summary
The spirit led Jesus into the desert to be tempted by the Devil. After forty days and nights without food, Jesus was hungry. The Devil tempted Jesus to turn stones into bread, to which he replied “Human beings cannot live on bread alone, but need every word God speaks.” The second temptation was for Jesus to throw himself from the highest point of the temple and order angels to catch him. Jesus replied “Do not put the Lord your God to the test.” Finally, the Devil offered Jesus all the kingdoms of the world in return for worshipping him. Jesus replied “Worship the Lord your God and serve only him!”

From this verse, Jesus did not and never said " devil don't tempt me, your God.. he never said, worship me and serve only me, but worship only God and serve only him..is this too difficult to comprehend?
Re: Jesus Is Not God Neither Are There Any Trinity In One by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jan 06, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Jesus is a God just like all other spirit sons of God but he is not the Almighty God! smiley

we have only one god
Mark 12:29

Jesus answered, “The foremost is, ‘Hear, O Israel! The Lord our God is one Lord;
Re: Jesus Is Not God Neither Are There Any Trinity In One by Jman24(m): 6:16pm On Jan 06, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Hahahaha. You are bringing up another angle of argument I wouldn't want to go with you.

But this is clear English language naa.
You received commandment to either do something or not and you say you are that person.

It's like I didn't study English well or what

1 Like

Re: Jesus Is Not God Neither Are There Any Trinity In One by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:43pm On Jan 06, 2021
You need to know what the Bible say about that title "GOD" according to God's word a God is anybody at whose order/wish things are done or happens. That's why God told Moses i make you God to Pharaoh {Exodus 7:1} Jesus was a God as whatever he wish comes to pass everywhere he goes {John 1:1} Our human rulers were Gods because at their orders things happens {Psalms 82:6 compared to 1Corinthians 8:5-6} but the Almighty God is one! Deuteronomy 6:4 smiley

Henrymorre:
we have only one god
Mark 12:29
Jesus answered, “The foremost is, ‘Hear, O Israel! The Lord our God is one Lord;
Re: Jesus Is Not God Neither Are There Any Trinity In One by Jman24(m): 8:30pm On Jan 06, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
You need to know what the Bible say about that title "GOD" according to God's word a God is anybody at whose order/wish things are done or happens. That's why God told Moses i make you God to Pharaoh {Exodus 7:1} Jesus was a God as whatever he wish comes to pass everywhere he goes {John 1:1} Our human rulers were Gods because at their orders things happens {Psalms 82:6 compared to 1Corinthians 8:5-6} but the Almighty God is one! Deuteronomy 6:4 smiley

English language again.

'A God' is not same as 'God'

Re: Jesus Is Not God Neither Are There Any Trinity In One by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:55pm On Jan 06, 2021
Are you saying a King is not same as King shey? undecided

[quote author=Jman24 post=97791107][/quote]

1 Like

Re: Jesus Is Not God Neither Are There Any Trinity In One by livingchrist: 10:29pm On Jan 06, 2021
Henrymorre:
I have to clear some misconceptions totally overhauling here. @livingchrist had to create a a thread where he totally mislead alot of people and I am here to counter that..

After searching the Bible and couldn't find a single reference to the word trinity in the Bible. I will start from Jesus Christ the Messiah of the Jews.

We all know Jesus came for the Jews during his time. Also, there was no account where Jesus claimed he was God.

John 10:30 I and my father are one..
Let express that phrase with John 17:20 " "My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, 21 that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. 22 I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one

- 23 I in them and you in me-so that they may be brought to complete unity. Then the world will know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me"

At the above statement, Jesus was never saying he was God or in God as trinity, rather they share same purpose. The purpose of God was to win souls for him, and since he shares same as God, we can say they are one. One ideas, one agenda one purpose.. vs 21: Jesus stated that let the world truly believe that you have sent me through his works.

From vs 25; 25“Righteous Father, though the world does not know you, I know you, and they know that you have sent me. 26I have made you e known to them, and will continue to make you known in order that the love you have for me may be in them and that I myself may be in them.” ( here Jesus was also emphasising on being in them. Those them are the Jews, he came for, us, so that we may have one purpose with him? Which to know God, but him has already known God but we don't. Just like everyother other preacher, John the Baptist, Paul, Peter knew God but still some didn't know God.

The Day and Hour Unknown

Mathew 24: 36“But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, f but only the Father. 37As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man..
If Jesus was God, how come he still emphasising on Only God knowing the time not even the holy spirit which are all one God? Trinity?

(John14:8-11)
Philip said to him, "Lord, show us the Father, and it is enough for us." Jesus said to him, "Have with you so long, and you still do not know me, Philip? Whoever has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'? Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on my own authority, but the Father who dwells in me does his works. Believe me that I am in the Father and the Father is in me, or else believe on account of the works themselves"( just as above, as he is in the father, one purpose, one agenda, the words he speak are from God, and not from him, he has no authority to make such words..)

At the end moment Jesus did not have same will as God( Jesus didn't want to die)

36Then Jesus went with his disciples to a place called Gethsemane, and he said to them, “Sit here while I go over there and pray.” 37He took Peter and the two sons of Zebedee along with him, and he began to be sorrowful and troubled. 38Then he said to them, “My soul is overwhelmed with sorrow to the point of death. Stay here and keep watch with me.”

39Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, “My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will.”

From verse 42 he went again to pray for the same prayer
42: He went away a second time and prayed, “My Father, if it is not possible for this cup to be taken away unless I drink it, may your will be done.”

The will of God was for Jesus to die, but Jesus did not want to die, however since he was serving God he had no option but to accept his fate. (here clearly states that God can never be a list, nor can the nature of God change. God cannot have two wills neither can God be Man. God is immortal and cannot change to be a man).

I will quote the Holy spirit when I get questions and comments.

My people perish due to lack of wisdom
who was Christ before he came to the earth?
Re: Jesus Is Not God Neither Are There Any Trinity In One by Emusan(m): 7:38am On Jan 07, 2021
Henrymorre:
the holy spirit is an angel neither is the holy spirit God.

Isaiah 63:10-12
But they rebelled, and vexed his holy Spirit: therefore he was turned to be their enemy, and he fought against them.Then he remembered the days of old, Moses, and his people, saying, Where is he that brought them up out of the sea with the shepherd of his flock? where is he that put his holy Spirit within him?That led them by the right hand of Moses with his glorious arm, dividing the water before them, to make himself an everlasting name? -

Exodus 23:20-23

Let me now express that here
Behold, I send an Angel before thee, to keep thee in the way, and to bring thee into the place which I have prepared.Beware of him, and obey his voice, provoke him not; for he will not pardon your transgressions: for my name is in him.But if thou shalt indeed obey his voice, and do all that I speak; then I will be an enemy unto thine enemies, and an adversary unto thine adversaries.For mine Angel shall go before thee, and bring thee in unto the Amorites, and the Hittites, and the Perizzites, and the Canaanites, the Hivites, and the Jebusites: and I will cut them off. -
Remember, only the holy spirit will not forgive when angered. We can clearly see that the holy spirit is indeed an angel.

Are you a Muslim because this your version of Holy Spirit is another one?
Re: Jesus Is Not God Neither Are There Any Trinity In One by Nobody: 7:44am On Jan 07, 2021
Emusan:

Are you a Muslim because this your version of Holy Spirit is another one?
full-time Christian. Assemblies of God church
Re: Jesus Is Not God Neither Are There Any Trinity In One by Emusan(m): 7:46am On Jan 07, 2021
Henrymorre:
full-time Christian. Assemblies of God church

And you said, Holy Spirit is an Angel?
Re: Jesus Is Not God Neither Are There Any Trinity In One by Nobody: 8:25am On Jan 07, 2021
livingchrist:
who was Christ before he came to the earth?
that is different, from what the topic is talking about. It's called derailing.
Re: Jesus Is Not God Neither Are There Any Trinity In One by Nobody: 8:27am On Jan 07, 2021
Emusan:

And you said, Holy Spirit is an Angel?
yes. And I quoted you with Bible verses and not from my own words. If you believe the Bible then all I've said is true. As the same Bible said the holy spirit is an angel. The problem with you people, is you don't read the old testament.
Re: Jesus Is Not God Neither Are There Any Trinity In One by Jman24(m): 8:31am On Jan 07, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Are you saying a King is not same as King shey? undecided

'A king' in owerri means there are possibilities of other kings and not the main king

'king of owerri' (affirmative) the sole authority

So when u say someone is a God, it is not affirmative.

English language
Re: Jesus Is Not God Neither Are There Any Trinity In One by Nobody: 8:32am On Jan 07, 2021
NeoWanZaeed:
Kneeling down for a pastor to pray for u is the same as kneelin down in fr0nt of mary statue. Asking mary to intercede in prayer is the same thing as saying IN JESUS NAME
Luke 4:8 please, don't confuse and lead people to sin. You don't kneel before a statue. It's wrong and in the ten exodus 20:3 commandments, worship no idol or other God except me. God manifested his works through Jesus and not through Mary. Marys purpose was just only give birth to Jesus and that was it. Her job was done.
Re: Jesus Is Not God Neither Are There Any Trinity In One by NeoWanZaeed(m): 8:38am On Jan 07, 2021
Henrymorre:
please, don't confuse and lewd people to sin. You don't kneel before a statue. It's wrong and in the ten commandments, worship no idol or other God except me. God manifested his works through Jesus and not through Mary. Marys purpose was just only give birth to Jesus and that was it. Her job was done.
U R FUNNY. KNEELING B4 MAN TO PRAY FOR U IS N0T WORSHIPPING IDOL BUT KNEELING B4 MARY GRAPHICAL REPRESENTATION TO PRAY AND SEEK HER GUIDANCE IS IDOL WORSHIPPING. kneeling or postrating is done for god al0ne. Abi wea do u see kneel d0wn and lets pray in ur bible
Re: Jesus Is Not God Neither Are There Any Trinity In One by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:41am On Jan 07, 2021
Well God's word referred to Satan as the "God of this world" John 14:30; 2Corinthians 4:4

So your affirmative doesn't count now!

Jman24:

'A king' in owerri means there are possibilities of other kings and not the main king

'king of owerri' (affirmative) the sole authority

So when u say someone is a God, it is not affirmative.

English language
Re: Jesus Is Not God Neither Are There Any Trinity In One by NeoWanZaeed(m): 8:45am On Jan 07, 2021
Henrymorre:
Luke 4:8 please, don't confuse and lead people to sin. You don't kneel before a statue. It's wrong and in the ten exodus 20:3 commandments, worship no idol or other God except me. God manifested his works through Jesus and not through Mary. Marys purpose was just only give birth to Jesus and that was it. Her job was done.
MARY HAS A CHAPTER IN CATHOLIC BIBLE {1ST BIBLE FROM 1ST CHURCH} na una get inc0mplete bible coz u 0nly cherry picked s0me verses and chapters to backup una protestant faction when una leave catholic faction of christian
Re: Jesus Is Not God Neither Are There Any Trinity In One by Jman24(m): 9:08am On Jan 07, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Well God's word referred to Satan as the "God of this world" John 14:30; 2Corinthians 4:4o

So your affirmative doesn't count now!

My illustration was relative. The world is not all thats existing so satan the God of this world is still not affirmative. So satan isn't God.

You can never see anything like "the god of this world, worship him'
Also u can never see jesus say 'i'm God, worship me'
It is only one God, the almighty(the affirmative)

I'm happy you are getting the joke small small
Re: Jesus Is Not God Neither Are There Any Trinity In One by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:15am On Jan 07, 2021
My friend, the truth is there are many Gods in existence both in heaven and on earth {1Corinthians 8:5} but there is also the highest living being who is Supreme! Psalms 83:18

All of them are referred to as Gods in the Bible, the only difference is how each one present himself, proofs of his Godship and those worshiping him!

That's why JEHOVAH went to Egypt to deliver his own worshipers from under the nose of all the mighty Gods in Egypt to prove himself as the Almighty {Exodus 6:2-3} who can even make a mortal man like Moses a God mightier than all the deities in Egypt put together! Exodus 7:1

May you have PEACE! smiley

Jman24:

My illustration was relative. The world is not all thats existing so satan the God of this world is still not affirmative. So satan isn't God
I'm happy you are getting the joke small small

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

NEWS Flash: Ramadan Moon Sighted In Saudi Arabia / Christain Boy Dies For 3 Minutes, Meets Allah In Heaven / SEE 10 Main Reasons Why The Church Should Not Abandon Politics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.