Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

Do Girls Love Tattoo On Men - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do Girls Love Tattoo On Men (8938 Views)

Poll: Do You Like Tattoo?

Yes: 41% (32 votes)
No: 58% (46 votes)
This poll has ended

The 6 Types Of Women Who Always Cheat On Men / What Do Nigerian Girls Love The Most? / Why Do British Girls Love To Date Black Guys... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Girls Love Tattoo On Men by mimima(f): 5:47pm On Mar 31, 2011
six different tattos
i will hate u forever.Do u know waht,it will make u look like a masqurade.Please stop and look more natural.
Re: Do Girls Love Tattoo On Men by sohiemi(m): 5:49pm On Mar 31, 2011
Re: Do Girls Love Tattoo On Men by alldone(m): 5:55pm On Mar 31, 2011
why should a man inflict pains on their body? that sound terrible.
Re: Do Girls Love Tattoo On Men by SaffyBaby(f): 6:26pm On Mar 31, 2011
It depends how the tattoo looks,some just look tacky.
Re: Do Girls Love Tattoo On Men by ak47mann(m): 6:33pm On Mar 31, 2011
mimima:

six different tattos
i will hate u forever.Do u know waht,it will make u look like a masqurade.Please stop and look more natural.
cool cool why hate me grin grin never heard that b4 pls dont hate me
Re: Do Girls Love Tattoo On Men by ak47mann(m): 6:36pm On Mar 31, 2011
iice:

Yeah i do.
cool cool cool
slap1:

Is that also tattoo or hairs peeking out of your armpit?
wetin ur eye dey do there amibo grin grin
Re: Do Girls Love Tattoo On Men by Nobody: 6:36pm On Mar 31, 2011
if your a christian, you dont need to have tattoo, cus the bible forbid it, but if you are not then your free to live with it. simple as ABC
Re: Do Girls Love Tattoo On Men by BABE3: 6:38pm On Mar 31, 2011
^^^ It does? Where? Source pls? grin
Re: Do Girls Love Tattoo On Men by 4everyoung: 6:42pm On Mar 31, 2011
i hate tattoo :-x
Re: Do Girls Love Tattoo On Men by Nobody: 6:42pm On Mar 31, 2011
BABE!:

^^^ It does? Where? Source pls? grin
My question is are you an athiest? if you are then no  need telling you, because i will put my self for wahala lol grin
Re: Do Girls Love Tattoo On Men by ak47mann(m): 6:47pm On Mar 31, 2011
some will say they hate tattoos may be cus ur skin is darker u not too sure how it will come out trust me professional tattooist can give you a new look you will always admire cool cool and people always admire too cheesy cheesy
Re: Do Girls Love Tattoo On Men by renewnaija(m): 6:49pm On Mar 31, 2011
Donlittle:

if your a christian, you dont need to have tattoo, cus the bible forbid it, but if you are not then your free to live with it. simple as ABC
Kindly state where it is in the Bible.
Re: Do Girls Love Tattoo On Men by Nobody: 6:53pm On Mar 31, 2011
Re: Do Girls Love Tattoo On Men by ak47mann(m): 6:54pm On Mar 31, 2011
^^^
thank you dont mind them everything dey go find GOD put inside to make them look holier grin grin my grand mum she had 4 different tattoos in her body cool cool
Re: Do Girls Love Tattoo On Men by Nobody: 6:57pm On Mar 31, 2011
ohhhh, my brother he had tattoos, my father took him to doctors, and they took it out!! so i dnt condemn them nor judge, i just tell them what i know
Re: Do Girls Love Tattoo On Men by InkedNerd(f): 7:20pm On Mar 31, 2011
@ak47mann: Ok, I'll be on the lookout for the pics.

@baby.me:
It's not a ring, its a curved barbell. And by down below, where exactly are you referring to?

dayokanu:

Piercing for guys are signs of being GAY.

A guy piercing his eyelids is confirmed GAY

Says who? undecided
Re: Do Girls Love Tattoo On Men by BABE3: 7:42pm On Mar 31, 2011
Donlittle:

My question is are you an athiest? if you are then no  need telling you, because i will put my self for wahala lol grin

I'm not an atheist! In fact I'm very Christian (almost deeper-life sef).
So, source pls? grin
Re: Do Girls Love Tattoo On Men by eros(m): 7:44pm On Mar 31, 2011
Tattoos and Leviticus 19:28; What Does the Bible Really Say?

[b]Many people of faith will often quote scripture, and it is usually Leviticus 19:28, which is in the Old Testament of the Bible, when stating that people should never receive a tattoo as it is specifically prohibited. A closer examination of the passages in question is in order because of discrepancies in historical accuracy, translation and interpretation.

One popular edition of the King James Bible reads: "Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves. I am the Lord." - Leviticus 19:28

A historically and linguistically correct translation of Leviticus 19:28 could of course never have mentioned the word "tattoo". Tattoo is a specifically Polynesian word that entered the English language after the voyages of Captain James Cook to Tahiti in the eighteenth century - which is when tattooing became popular again in the West. Interestingly, tattoo and taboo are the only two Polynesian words to enter into English language usage.

Another, presumably older translation of Leviticus 19:28 reads, ""Do not cut your bodies for the dead nor put marks upon you. For I am the Lord." - Leviticus 19:28

It is widely believed among Biblical scholars that Leviticus 19:28 refers to an ancient practice in the Middle East of people cutting themselves and rubbing in ash when in a period of mourning after an individual had died. It was a sign of respect for the dead and a symbol of respect and reverence and a sense of profound loss for the newly departed; and it is surmised that the ash that was rubbed into the self-inflicted wounds came from the actual funeral pyres that were used to cremate the bodies. In essence, people were literally carrying with them a reminder of the recently deceased in the form of tattoos created by ash being rubbed into shallow wounds cut or slashed into the body, usually the forearms. This rite would have been part of a culturally accepted process of grieving.

The sanctions prescribed in Leviticus against mourning the dead mark a significant change in peoples belief system about an afterlife. Once it is established within the church that life does not end with death; but is the beginning of a new and perhaps better afterlife; literally in God's Heaven, then there is no purpose in mourning the death of an individual who is a "believer". In the Christian belief system, that individual is not dead, but in Heaven and it is presumed that all believers in Christianity will ultimately be united. The death or passing of an individual from the mortal or worldly plane becomes not a source of mourning but rather a source of rejoicing for believers in the Christian faith.

For those individuals who claim to follow Scripture to the letter, it is interesting to note that other passages in Leviticus proscribe individuals from cutting their hair or trimming their beards, wearing clothes that are made of a mix of textiles and growing certain crops beside each other; ie, the "mingling" of seed. It is safe to assume that the practice of shaving would have been a heinous violation of Leviticus.

At the same time it must be said that Leviticus contains the seeds of laws and statutes, that if followed, are the basis of a fair and just community. Below is one translation of Leviticus that is worth reading in its entirety.
[/b]
Re: Do Girls Love Tattoo On Men by renewnaija(m): 7:46pm On Mar 31, 2011
Donlittle:

leviticus chapter 19:28, if you do things according to the bible, you wil believe this, but if you dnt, u dont need to, as simple as abc! Am not here to argue or make you see things in my point of view

Thanks dude. I have been pondering for quite a while whether it is biblical or not but the instructions in the verse are very explicit. Now I know.

I really appreciate it.
Re: Do Girls Love Tattoo On Men by BABE3: 7:53pm On Mar 31, 2011
If this is in Leviticus, then, I'm not game! undecided smiley
Re: Do Girls Love Tattoo On Men by renewnaija(m): 7:55pm On Mar 31, 2011
@ eros.

I feel your explanation regarding the crops, beard, clothes etc. But going through those laws in that chapter, I dont think it is wise to break any of them. Read it and see. I feel the statement 'I am the Lord' is key almost after each statement to emphasise that God does not share and wants total recognition. This is what I interpret it as. Not everyone has the same translation.

God visits everyone in His own way.
Re: Do Girls Love Tattoo On Men by Nobody: 7:56pm On Mar 31, 2011
Re: Do Girls Love Tattoo On Men by Nobody: 8:09pm On Mar 31, 2011
Re: Do Girls Love Tattoo On Men by Nobody: 8:15pm On Mar 31, 2011
BABE!:

If this is in Leviticus, then, I'm not game! undecided smiley
lol, read the bible more lol, u go to deeper life?? that is cool
Re: Do Girls Love Tattoo On Men by nnaemmy(m): 8:23pm On Mar 31, 2011
zainaim01:

as for me i don't like it at all because is not good in Islamic religion and i can never date that kind of a peron.

Even in Christianity, i vehemently abhor it. tongue tongue
Re: Do Girls Love Tattoo On Men by Omolola1(f): 8:30pm On Mar 31, 2011
I detest it in guys
Re: Do Girls Love Tattoo On Men by dative: 8:42pm On Mar 31, 2011
what is d essence of having a cut on ur body all 4 d sake of fashion.the bible even preached against it. go to leviticus 19;28 and read more about it
Re: Do Girls Love Tattoo On Men by comechop(m): 9:08pm On Mar 31, 2011
and dont forget hepatitis, hepatitis.

oh did i mention hepatitis? amidst others.
Re: Do Girls Love Tattoo On Men by EzeUche(m): 9:20pm On Mar 31, 2011
The ladies love the tattoo on my arm.
Re: Do Girls Love Tattoo On Men by cold(m): 9:25pm On Mar 31, 2011
I really need to know what the whole point is of having a tatoo.Is it to improve your looks,make a statement or make you feel accepted?I'm at a loss here
Re: Do Girls Love Tattoo On Men by Odunnu: 9:29pm On Mar 31, 2011
My man has tattooes on his back,right arm and right breast(his heart) and each tell a story.Even though I dont think i'l tattoo, I love it on my man.
Re: Do Girls Love Tattoo On Men by cold(m): 9:34pm On Mar 31, 2011
Tatoo-permanent proof of temporary insanity

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ladies Do You Enjoy Your Buttocks Being Squeezed During Cuddle? by man of list / What Comes First, Engagement Ring Or Introduction? / This Girl Forced Me To Make Love With Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.