Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,180 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:09 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (343) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1650175 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Femotech123: 1:38am On Jul 13, 2021
Please my friend want to pay my sevis fee on my behalf he is in the state already but the WU cashier said he couldn’t see the company name /code on the system please what should I do. I need the receipt to upload so I can request for emergency appointment in Lagos. Please what can I do. Thanks in advance
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Cessnk: 2:24am On Jul 13, 2021
Chiezzh:
it is not me who got approved but my kid bro. I am a current ETSU student
Please check your email I am going to ETSU

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Munabenny: 2:56am On Jul 13, 2021
Good morning all,

So my program date starts 23 August, M1 Visa,
I applied last month from Lagos and I got Jan 2024, I used the ER and was denied 2 times, just now I have changed my DS-160 , cancelled the first appointment and have applied in Abuja but seeing Oct 26th, please people what do I do, will I still get any nearer date, is there a best time to check for scheduling? Also is there limited times you can check for scheduling in a day, so so confused , please someone say something
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Munabenny: 3:04am On Jul 13, 2021
Good morning all,

So my program date starts 23 August, M1 Visa,
I applied last month from Lagos and I got Jan 2024, I used the ER and was denied 2 times, just now I have changed my DS-160 , cancelled the first appointment and have applied in Abuja but seeing Oct 26th, please people what do I do, will I still get any nearer date, is there a best time to check for scheduling? Also is there limited times you can check for scheduling in a day, so so confused , please someone say something
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by shoyinka35(m): 4:58am On Jul 13, 2021
Hello guys....
Heard Service fee is about to be increased, how true is this?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by JavanElsevier41: 6:49am On Jul 13, 2021
Any idea of cheap hotels close to the US embassy
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Hemstone(m): 6:54am On Jul 13, 2021
Please how best can I access my funds in the USA?
1. Domiciliary account with dollar card (which banks is the best considering services and daily limit)
2. Is there others means apart from the dollar card?
3. How much cash can I carry on me while travelling that won't be an issue at the airport or port of entry?

Also, how do I use my Nigerian sim card number for WhatsApp abroad?

Thanks a lot

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Phaithy: 7:02am On Jul 13, 2021
Hello,

If you have a gtb domiciliary account I think you’re good. I’ll advise you try and get a token before leaving the country. So when you’re in the U.S, you can open an account with Jp Morgan chase bank over there. Transferring your money from your gtb internet banking into that account once you put all the right details asked for, it will reflect within 24 hours. I specifically mentioned these two banks because I have sent money there from my Gtbank to someone’s account bank account in the U.S.
There’s a charge to it. Just call gtb customer service to get better information.

I hope this helps.

Hemstone:
1. Domiciliary account with dollar card (which banks is the best considering services and daily limit)
3. How much cash can I carry on me while travelling that won't be an issue at the airport or port of entry?

Thanks a lot

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Hemstone(m): 8:07am On Jul 13, 2021
Thanks a lot. I would still expect more responses for other questions asked.
Phaithy:
Hello,

If you have a gtb domiciliary account I think you’re good. I’ll advise you try and get a token before leaving the country. So when you’re in the U.S, you can open an account with Jp Morgan chase bank over there. Transferring your money from your gtb internet banking into that account once you put all the right details asked for, it will reflect within 24 hours. I specifically mentioned these two banks because I have sent money there from my Gtbank to someone’s account bank account in the U.S.
There’s a charge to it. Just call gtb customer service to get better information.

I hope this helps.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Beefirst: 8:58am On Jul 13, 2021
Mccarthyal:
walspring009@hotmail.co.uk
Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by CelinaAK: 9:04am On Jul 13, 2021
Please I need to contact the Abuja Embassy. Is there a particular number fir it? Help me with it Abeg
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 9:19am On Jul 13, 2021
Vahn:
Hello everyone, please i just got my i20, They told me to sign the first page. Which i haven’t done.

Please can i go ahead to pay my visa fees and can i use the GTBank app?

The process are: i20 - SEVIS payment - Ds160 filling - - Visa fee payment - Appointment - Visa Interview.

So now, follow and do the next step. *hug*

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by gbadenor(m): 9:21am On Jul 13, 2021
good morning guys. i want to cancel my appointment at Lagos embassy and change to abuja, will i still get option of emergency date even tho i already applied for emergency at Lagos?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 9:56am On Jul 13, 2021
You can carry as much as you can but if it is more than $10000 US you must declare it here and there.
Hemstone:
3[b]. How much cash can I carry on me while travelling that won't be an issue at the airport or port of entry?[/b]

Thanks a lot
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Vahn: 9:56am On Jul 13, 2021
Moshkom:

The process are: i20 - SEVIS payment - Ds160 filling - - Visa fee payment - Appointment - Visa Interview.

So now, follow and do the next step. *hug*

thank you very much
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Pefuele(m): 9:57am On Jul 13, 2021
Femotech123:
Please my friend want to pay my sevis fee on my behalf he is in the state already but the WU cashier said he couldn’t see the company name /code on the system please what should I do. I need the receipt to upload so I can request for emergency appointment in Lagos. Please what can I do. Thanks in advance

Did you generate a coupon for your friend via fmjfee to use it.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by MsLee: 10:00am On Jul 13, 2021
Good morning,

Please I need help

I just noticed my Visa Appointment date was cancelled. I did not receive any mail to this effect.

I have tried reaching them via the phone but unsuccessful.

It's a visiting visa

Regards,
Linda
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by urchdiya(f): 10:42am On Jul 13, 2021
I had my interview on the 7th in Abuja and I picked my passport yesterday at DHL lagos. But someone that had Abuja as pick up same interview date as mine, picked on the 9th. I hope this helps

UAVdrones:
How long does visa processing takes after approval at Abuja? those who recently had their interview at Abuja should please tell me
Can someone book for flight after approval?
Please I am eagerly expecting your response.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by grace2all: 11:21am On Jul 13, 2021
There is currently July 21 on Emergency in Abuja right now

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by CelinaAK: 11:35am On Jul 13, 2021
Abuja is really taking time in responding to EA. And this was the reason I ran away from Lagos. God help me
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TitilayoAde: 11:47am On Jul 13, 2021
You are allowed to have $10k and any more than this must be declared.

You can use your Nigerian sim for WhatsApp in the US if it is MTN. The call might not be possible but text messages will keep entering the phone. I don't know of other networks.

Hemstone:
1. Domiciliary account with dollar card (which banker are the best considering services and daily limit)
2. Is their others means apart from the dollar card?
3. How much cash can I carry on me while traveling that won't be an issue at the airport or port of entry?

Thanks a lot

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by omokennyoguns20: 11:47am On Jul 13, 2021
There will be public holidays on the 20th and 21st of July, for sallah, so avoid those days if you can. The embassy will reschedule you though, but it might be to a date that might not be favourable.
grace2all:
There is currently July 21 on Emergency in Abuja right now
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Phaithy: 11:56am On Jul 13, 2021
[quote author=omokennyoguns20 post=103662464]There will be public holidays on the 20th and 21st of July, for sallah, so avoid those days if you can. The embassy will reschedule you though, but it might be to a date that might not be favourable. [/quote
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Femotech123: 11:57am On Jul 13, 2021
At https://www.nairaland.com/pefuele i surly generate a coupon via the fmjfee site and download the payment pdf. Wish I sent to my brother to make the payment for me.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ebbie9ja(m): 11:59am On Jul 13, 2021
When did you apply?
CelinaAK:
Abuja is really taking time in responding to EA. And this was the reason I ran away from Lagos. God help me
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Omonikansoso: 11:59am On Jul 13, 2021
I have applied for emergency appointment since Thursday last week to Abuja Embassy uploading all the necessary documents. No response and the emergency request option has disappeared from my dashboard. Please what do I do? Thank you beautiful nairalanders.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bunmibanlyz(f): 12:02pm On Jul 13, 2021
Hello House, Please is there anyone who got their visa approved on the 8th in Lagos, I still haven't gotten an update on my passport yet.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Wanderlust18: 12:35pm On Jul 13, 2021
Hello all, when filling the DS-160, what does one fill for “Who is sponsoring your trip” question? The person paying for your flight or the person paying your tuition?
I’m paying for my flight, but not my tuition. Please advise. Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Hemstone(m): 12:35pm On Jul 13, 2021
Ok thanks. I never knew I can travel with my MTN simcard. Thanks
TitilayoAde:
You are allowed to have $10k and any more than this must be declared.

You can use your Nigerian sim for WhatsApp in the US if it is MTN. The call might not be possible but text messages will keep entering the phone. I don't know of other networks.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by CelinaAK: 12:43pm On Jul 13, 2021
ebbie9ja:
When did you apply?

Wednesday morning ooo last week
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Hey25(m): 1:10pm On Jul 13, 2021
Fill the details of the person paying your tuition.
Wanderlust18:
Hello all, when filling the DS-160, what does one fill for “Who is sponsoring your trip” question? The person paying for your flight or the person paying your tuition?
I’m paying for my flight, but not my tuition. Please advise. Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by richieboy1994: 1:12pm On Jul 13, 2021
CelinaAK:

Wednesday morning ooo last week

Please what documents did you upload when applying for your emergency appointment?

(1) (2) (3) ... (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.