Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,892 members, 7,814,015 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:15 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (341) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1641690 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Drilly50: 3:50pm On Jul 12, 2021
Pefuele:

Thanks � I really appreciate it ... please is it possible for me to private chat you !!!
It looks like you actually prefer to do your interview for Spring intake. Yes get a new passport. You should have at least 6months on it on the day of interview. If you reschedule appointment dates will change so you will need to print another appointment letter.
Otherwise, you dn't. Your admission letter will need to be for Spring admission and your i-20 too ( the duration on it refers to the admission cycle), SEVIS ID doesn't change since it is the same school and if you have paid SEVIS fee it is valid for a year. VISA fee is also valid for a year. Nothing has gone in the wind cos you are on course. Best!!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Samuel5555: 3:55pm On Jul 12, 2021
Pefuele:

It is claimed that VO looks at individual VISA categories separately with your current interview it is better to ensure your previous history tally. I mean B1/B2 if you are currently going for B1/B2 or F1/F2 if you are currently going for F1/F2. it is better to ensure your history tally in all categories so they make reference to histories. For security reasons there are some things I can't share here so let's leave it like that. Best!

Please can you reach out to me on this number 07035838283. I want to get some clearification from you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by 1000Chub: 4:00pm On Jul 12, 2021
I'm grateful to God and this forum
Visa interview was a success
Profile;
Abuja
Deficit 25k$
Masters
Texas Tech
Fall 2021

After biometrics, greeting and passing my i20 and passport through the opening.

V.O: I see you're going to the Texas Tech University for your master's degree in mechanical Engineering.
Me: Yes.

V.O: Who is paying for your masters?
Me: My Sister, She is a primary care doctor at xxxx

V:O: what will your thesis be on?
Me: Sorry i didnt get you ( her pronouciations wasnt clear kinda inaudible)

She lifts a paper where she wrote "thesis" on.

Me: I will be focusing on Controls and dynamics systems with relations to renewable energy.

V:O: what do you currently do?
Me: I work at xxxx

V.O: Since you work at xxxx, why do you want to leave.
Me: I am currently employed under a contract capacity ( she types Makes eye contacts and nods. I give a smile as well) so it is important that i leave to achieve a higher level of education to advance in my career and qualify for better positions.

V.O: what will you do after your degree
Me: I'll return to Nigeria to seek reabsorption in my present company or I'll take up a lecturing job in my alma mata where i finished with a first class degree.

V.O: (stretches to get the white paper) your visa is approved
Me: Smiles and collects the paper

V.O: (Proceeds with the Covid and travel talks)
Me. Heart was filled with joy couldn't hear anyother thing she was saying.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by 1000Chub: 4:05pm On Jul 12, 2021
Pls who ll guide me on travel plans, arrangements and cheaper bookings for flight.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Greenman2020(m): 4:26pm On Jul 12, 2021
Samuel5555:
Please do they make reference to your previous denial for November last yr?

No. I was attended to like it was my first time.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Vahn: 4:32pm On Jul 12, 2021
Hello everyone, please i just got my i20, They told me to sign the first page. Which i haven’t done.

Please can i go ahead to pay my visa fees and can i use the GTBank app?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Jossyklan: 4:33pm On Jul 12, 2021
Wow! Congratulations...

1000Chub:
Profile;
Abuja
Deficit 25k$
Masters
Texas Tech
Fall 2021

V.O: I see you're going to the Texas Tech University for your master's degree in mechanical Engineering.

Me: I will be focusing on Controls and dynamics systems with relations to renewable energy.

Me: I am currently employed under a contract capacity ( she types Makes eye contacts and nods. I give a smile as well) so it is important that i leave to achieve a higher level of education to advance in my career and qualify for better positions.

Me: I'll return to Nigeria to seek reabsorption in my present company or I'll take up a lecturing job in my alma mata where i finished with a first class degree.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Vahn: 4:34pm On Jul 12, 2021
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Jaylo79: 4:55pm On Jul 12, 2021
[/b]Proposed Visa interview transcript[b]

School: LLU
Program: Doctor of Physical Therapy
Funding: Nil
Initial deposit of $8000
Deficit: $50000
TOEFL: 109
Undergraduate degree/ Gpa: Bachelor of Physiotherapy 4.7/5.0

Me: Good morning ma

VO: What’s your intent / Where are you going to

ME: I’m going for my Doctor of Physical Therapy Degree at LLU California

VO: Tell me about this program

Me: The Post Professional Doctor of Physical Therapy program is a transitional program from the Bachelors. It gives in-depth knowledge of the different specialties in physical therapy and provides license to carry out different medical and physical therapy procedures such as Drug Prescription, Invasive administration of drugs, manipulation therapy to mention a few. It also gives clinical and academic advancements in more evidence based practices of physical therapy.

VO: What’s your study plan?

Me: The DPT program is an 18months program which includes 6 quarters with a 66 unit tract curriculum. It offers theoretical as well as advanced clinical practice of Physical therapy. I’ll also be submitting a pilot research proposal on the Community Participation and Quality of life in community-dwelling Stroke survivors in Nigeria.

VO: How many schools did you apply to

Me: 4, and was admitted into the four.

VO: Okay. So why did you pick this school.

ME: The Doctor of Physical Therapy program at LLU has a distinct 66 unit track curriculum. It offers specific courses such as Pharmacology, Clinical Imaging, Function based rehabilitation that fits perfectly with my career plan in which I’m going to be a lecturer at my Alma mater. I currently have an automatic employment there due to my first class degree and the program at LLU provides specific knowledge and skills I need for training entry level Doctor of Physical therapy students there.

VO: Tell me about your plans after your studies

Me: As I said earlier I am going to be a lecturer of physical therapy at my Alma mater, as I have an automatic employment there. I’ll be of great aid to my institution in training entry level Doctor of physical therapy students as the program just kicked off as an undergraduate course in Nigeria. I am also going to commence a PhD program with a specialty in Neurophysiotherapy.

VO: Who is sponsoring you?

Me: My mother and My Brother

VO: what do they do?

Me: My mother is a Pharmacy and Medication Technician at …… and my brother is Microsoft Dynamic 365 analyst at ……..

VO: Do you have relatives in the US

Me: Yes, My Mother and My Sister.

I just said some questions that might be a bit tasking.

Please help me scrutinize, and tell me your mind with your full chest, I know my ties outside is strong but if you have suggestions on how I can tie it better to Nigeria I am listening lol.

Thank you ��

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by akom0908(m): 4:58pm On Jul 12, 2021
Guys please how much is emergency visa application?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by jojoey: 5:09pm On Jul 12, 2021
akom0908:
Guys please how much is emergency visa application?

it is free if you have initially scheduled an appointment
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by MicMond01: 5:14pm On Jul 12, 2021
Please I need a response from you all.

MicMond01:
Good day to you all

I've been trying to book an F-1 appointment for a while now but I keep getting "There are currently no appointments available" as a response.
My program begins August.

Please what can I do
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by 1000Chub: 5:25pm On Jul 12, 2021
Vahn:
Hello everyone, please i just got my i20, They told me to sign the first page. Which i haven’t done.

Please can i go ahead to pay my visa fees and can i use the GTBank app?

yes you can
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by 1000Chub: 5:25pm On Jul 12, 2021
MicMond01:
Please I need a response from you all.

lagos or abuja?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Vahn: 5:26pm On Jul 12, 2021
1000Chub:
yes you can
thank you

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Approvalll: 5:38pm On Jul 12, 2021
Congratulations the God that did it for you will do it for us
1000Chub:
Profile;
Abuja
Deficit 25k$
Masters
Texas Tech
Fall 2021

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Approvalll: 5:41pm On Jul 12, 2021
Hello everyone I requested for emergency appointment last week 12am on Wednesday morning and I also sent a feedback on Thursday and I got an email that they will get back to me in 1 or 2 business days up till now I’ve not received any email what can one do guys?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by CelinaAK: 6:14pm On Jul 12, 2021
Approvalll:
Hello everyone I requested for emergency appointment last week 12am on Wednesday morning and I also sent a feedback on Thursday and I got an email that they will get back to me in 1 or 2 business days up till now I’ve not received any email what can one do guys?

Same here tooo no response yet
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ifeanyimoses: 6:23pm On Jul 12, 2021
[quote author=Approvalll post=103639071]Hello everyone I requested for emergency appointment last week 12am on Wednesday morning and I also sent a feedback on Thursday and I got an email that they will get back to me in 1 or 2 business days up till now I’ve not received any email what can one do guys?[/quote

what did you write in the feedback?, did you repeat same thing and attach same document as you did when requesting for emergency date?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by CelinaAK: 6:28pm On Jul 12, 2021
[quote author=ifeanyimoses post=103640387][/quote]

This is what I wrote in the feedback

“ Dear US EMBASSY,

Good Evening.

I recently submitted emergency request for my interview appointment date. My earliest admission start date is July 24 2021 and I am yet to get a response about my Emergency Appointment. I will be very grateful if my emergency Appointment Request is reviewed and granted.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Best Regards.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Approvalll: 6:29pm On Jul 12, 2021
Yes [quote author=ifeanyimoses post=103640387][/quote]
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Approvalll: 6:30pm On Jul 12, 2021
What regular date were you able to book?
CelinaAK:

Same here tooo no response yet
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by CelinaAK: 6:33pm On Jul 12, 2021
Approvalll:
What regular date were you able to book?

October 13 school resume August
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by walepepe21: 6:58pm On Jul 12, 2021
Greenman2020:
Visa interview transcript
School: MSU
Program: PhD Sociology
Scholarship: Full funding + Teaching Assistantship
Deficit: 3k
GRE: YES
TOEFL: Nil
Bsc in Sociology (Federal University)
Highest Educational level: Msc, Criminology (Federal University)
Undergraduate Gpa: 3.44/4.0
Msc Gpa: 3.2/4.0

No of F1 Attempts at the US embassy (3), denied in 2019 for Masters in Criminology with zero funding at West Texas A&M University. Denied again last year November with full funding in the same school for which my visa was approved today. (I posted my last denial transcript here. You can click on my profile to read it, if you like - of course.
Abuja Embassy July 12th 2021

My interview lasted about 3 minutes. Here we go:

Massive palls of grey and black clouds hovered above the beautiful city of Abuja, a clear indication that Rain was warming up in the sidelines of the heavens, as I hopped into the waiting Bolt taxi which I had ordered a while ago. It was my first time in Abuja, I should say. As we drove from my lodge to the embassy, I admired the smoothness of the broad roads, how it gleamed in the distance, how it reminds me of the head of Papa Ajasco of Wale Adenuga production, and the many towering, foggy and greeny hills which rose like the back of an elephant from different corners of the city.

I arrived the premises of the embassy around 6.40am but we were not allowed in until it was about past seven. As expected, there was an heavy presence of people I would, I beg your pardon, call "embassy rats", those people who try to sell you water while you are in the midst of an ocean. Those who would say, Bros you go need passport o. Bros make we staple your form. Bros this. Bros that. But I ignored them all, except for a woman, I would later find her name to be Rose, who volunteered to take custody of my phone at zero cost. I rewarded her handsomely later, anyways.

Once the order came that we could proceed into the interview venue, I joined other applicants, mostly students, into the interview venue. We waited for a long time before a Nigerian man came into the waiting lobby to begin what seemed to me as a confirmation of appointments and documents. To save the reader's time, I went through other protocols before my turn to meet the VO, to meet with destiny eventually came. The place was window 8 and sitted there was a pretty, young, and stern-looking white lady who was just dishing out rejections like Akara.

VO: Good morning

VO: Pass me your i-20 and passport then place your hands on the scanner for the biometric capture.

Me: Okay ma. (I passed the documents to her and placed my hands on the scanner)

VO: I see that you're going for your doctorate in Sociology at MSU

ME: That's correct.

VO: Tell me about the research you plan to conduct

Me: My research is in the area of cybercrime and access to economic opportunities. Precisely, under the supervision of Prof XYZ I will be investigating the correlation between access to economic opportunities and youth involvement in cybercrime.
VO: Okay. Alright (kept typing into the system). Is your research going to focus on Nigeria?

ME: (VO give me through pass, I no gock am) Yes. Nigeria has had several issues with cybercrime in recent times. My research will be focused on Nigeria.

Me: I plan to return to Nigeria to take up a full-time lecturing job. I've always wanted to become a professor of Sociology. I also plan to publish academic papers that would interrogate and proffer solutions to the challenges of Cybercrime in Nigeria.

VO: Okay. So you plan to become an academic?

VO: Okay. I will be approving your visa. (Hands me the white paper and begin to talk about Covid-19 protocols bla bla bla. My ear don already block like ghetto soakaway. Lol

Me: Collects white paper with thanksgiving in my heart and left smiling.

NB: Take your case to God in prayers even if you're an atheist. The issuance of visa at the embassy, in my opinion, is 30% hardwork and 70% grace, if you like call it luck. However, this is not a liberty to relax. Work hard and also pray hard. I will advise whoever is attending the interview to be straightforward with answers. Only say what you are asked to minimize the risk of saying things that might potentially be used against you by the VO. Also try as much as possible to make your responses unique.

SPECIAL APPRECIATION
I am grateful to my friend Seun in the US who helped me throughout this visa application process. I am also thankful to my friend Babs who never gave up on me. Of course, I also thank all the beautiful people here whose transcripts and inputs have helped me tremendously. Big shout out to Fairheart who gave his expert opinion on my last rejection and encouraged me to apply again. To those who are still dreaming, don't give up. Cheers!

Hearty Congratulations

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chuksmanred: 7:20pm On Jul 12, 2021
NigPatriot:

I like your tenacity. VOs aren't actually robots. Whatever you're going to say on the day of your interview, make sure they're well articulated and pristinely convincing (if possible have someone go through your proposed transcript, and scrutinize) With Gods help and your interminably arduous effort, you will reach your apogee.

Do well to share the outcome (if you want to)
Thanks alot . Please, I'd love to have a training/drilling session with you. I just sent you a mail. I really need someone to go through my proposed transcript. Pleeeeeaaaassseee!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Jaylo79: 7:23pm On Jul 12, 2021
Jaylo79:

Initial deposit of $8000

Me: The Post Professional Doctor of Physical Therapy program is a transitional program from the Bachelors. It gives in-depth knowledge of the different specialties in physical therapy and provides license to carry out different medical and physical therapy procedures such as Drug Prescription, Invasive administration of drugs, manipulation therapy to mention a few. It also gives clinical and academic advancements in more evidence based practices of physical therapy.

Me: The DPT program is an 18months program which includes 6 quarters with a 66 unit tract curriculum. It offers theoretical as well as advanced clinical practice of Physical therapy. I’ll also be submitting a pilot research proposal on the Community Participation and Quality of life in community-dwelling Stroke survivors in Nigeria.

ME: The Doctor of Physical Therapy program at LLU has a distinct 66 unit track curriculum. It offers specific courses such as Pharmacology, Clinical Imaging, Function based rehabilitation that fits perfectly with my career plan in which I’m going to be a lecturer at my Alma mater. I currently have an automatic employment there due to my first class degree and the program at LLU provides specific knowledge and skills I need for training entry level Doctor of Physical therapy students there.

Me: As I said earlier I am going to be a lecturer of physical therapy at my Alma mater, as I have an automatic employment there. I’ll be of great aid to my institution in training entry level Doctor of physical therapy students as the program just kicked off as an undergraduate course in Nigeria. I am also going to commence a PhD program with a specialty in Neurophysiotherapy.

Me: My mother is a Pharmacy and Medication Technician at …… and my brother is Microsoft Dynamic 365 analyst at ……..

Please help me scrutinize, and tell me your mind with your full chest, I know my ties outside is strong but if you have suggestions on how I can tie it better to Nigeria I am listening lol.

Thank you ��

Please naw, you guys should help me scrutinize please. Good and bad��
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by LeviAckerman: 7:29pm On Jul 12, 2021
Pefuele:

It is claimed that VO looks at individual VISA categories separately with your current interview it is better to ensure your previous history tally. I mean B1/B2 if you are currently going for B1/B2 or F1/F2 if you are currently going for F1/F2. it is better to ensure your history tally in all categories so they make reference to histories. For security reasons there are some things I can't share here so let's leave it like that. Best!
Hi boss
I have a denial history, B1/B2 now going for F1. Can I dm you as I need some clarification thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by stevewrites(m): 7:48pm On Jul 12, 2021
Hi guys,

Can I still book an appointment in Lagos and get a date this July?

I have been hearing people getting 2022 or 2024 in their appointments. What if I expedite? Can I get a closer date?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NigPatriot(m): 8:01pm On Jul 12, 2021
chuksmanred:

Thanks alot . Please, I'd love to have a training/drilling session with you. I just sent you a mail. I really need someone to go through my proposed transcript. Pleeeeeaaaassseee!!!!!

That's fine.. I'll respond to the mail.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 8:02pm On Jul 12, 2021
stevewrites:
Hi guys,

What if I expedite? Can I get a closer date?
Mission Impossible!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by OlAfredd: 8:03pm On Jul 12, 2021
Please use Abuja and apply for expedited appointment, asap, after you must have booked for a regular appointment.

Bear in mind that you should at least attach your I-20, DS-160 and Sevis payment confirmation before you submit your expedited appointment application

After your submission, do not expect any email confirmation or a way to track the progress on your CGI dashboard.

The embassy will contact you with their decision.

If you don't get a decision in 3-5working days, you may send a reminder, through the "provide feedback" on your dashboard or send them an email at - support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com

stevewrites:
Hi guys,

I have been hearing people getting 2022 or 2024 in their appointments. What if I expedite? Can I get a closer date?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NigPatriot(m): 8:18pm On Jul 12, 2021
Jaylo79:

Initial deposit of $8000

Thank you ��

First of all, congrats on your admission. I had to look at your profile and test score and I'm surprised your funding is nil for your program. To be honest, for your program, I'm not sure whether it's a PhD or something in between because reading from your transcript the disparities are not spelt out. - you need to find a better way to explicitly talk about your program in such a way that a "lame" man can get the basics.

Also, You spoke about having an employment on campus already, I know that's plausible - but I'm hoping you have some sort of document or email to back it up. (One tip for the embassy is don't say what you cannot defend)

Secondly, you never stated about anything about your thesis, or won't you be undergoing any thesis? Defining and explaining your thesis tells the genuineness of a student from a VOs perspective. (Especially research based programs )

Thirdly your mum and your sister, you have to know what state they're in, what they're currently doing and how they got into the US. Trust me you'll be asked these.

I wish you luck.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.