Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,204 members, 7,836,004 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:05 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (545) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1662036 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (542) (543) (544) (545) (546) (547) (548) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by sourkandi: 4:40pm On Nov 01, 2021
Shanid:
Hello EVERYONE, PLEASE I DONT UNDERSTAND SOMETHING, DOES THE 60 DAYS RULE TO APPLY FOR AN EMERGENCY APPOINTMENT START FROM THE EARLY DATE OR CLASSES START DATE??

It starts from the program start date which should be a week or few days before classes start( please note that this is not the same as earliest admission date). This is so because colleges hold an international student orientation that every international student is mandated to attend because your information is going to be submitted to SEVP.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Mickeybook(f): 4:54pm On Nov 01, 2021
Vahn:
be speaking grammar, those of us speaking from experience, we sent him text messages to reject us right? Or we texted him the same questions to ask all of us. It’s really not your fault. Moreover i never quoted you, please dont quote me if you have no interests in being reasonable.

Regards
The dude only ask you some simple questions... Why are you complicating issues
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Mickeybook(f): 4:56pm On Nov 01, 2021
Anavamii:
Hello,
Please has anyone recently got his or her visa application approved without funding or scholarship or assistantship?

My interview is this week and the COA is $35k. I have proof of funds from my father who’ll be paying but no supplement from the school.
do your assignment and Allow God Take the wheel. What program are you going for ?have you paid your SEVIS?what is your father doing for a living ... The VO IS INTERESTED TO KNOW IF YOUR SPONSOR CAN ACTUALLY FUND YOUR STUDIES

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Gent2nice: 5:13pm On Nov 01, 2021
Apply now and don't wait. It seems they reckon with earliest arrival date as people have been applying since oct

Shanid:
Hello EVERYONE, PLEASE I DONT UNDERSTAND SOMETHING, DOES THE 60 DAYS RULE TO APPLY FOR AN EMERGENCY APPOINTMENT START FROM THE EARLY DATE OR CLASSES START DATE??

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Waskylala: 5:17pm On Nov 01, 2021
Bond4141:
Please, who has applied to University of Baltimore here b4, for M.Sc admission
Bowie state university, university of baltimore and some universities in Maryland dey my mind before until I settled down for University of the District of Colombia in Washington.

GRE, GMAT and application fee waived.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ashraf267(m): 5:31pm On Nov 01, 2021
Chibzee2:
Hi guys, please I got a younger one who's been preparing for SAT for over 2 months now, does anyone here know of schools or scholarships that offer 50% or full scholarship to international students please. He's a brilliant boy, he'll smash the SAT, we just need full scholarships or extremely affordable schools. Any country please
Hi, tell him to try South Dakota State University and University of Wisconsin Parkside.
They are both affordable and gives nice scholarships to international students.

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by edochima: 5:36pm On Nov 01, 2021
Good evening everyone. I just find out that I cannot book a regular appointment, the portal has it that my details correspond to a profile on the cgi portal. Please what do I do?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ashraf267(m): 5:40pm On Nov 01, 2021
asunmoGGMU:

College Park. Any suggestion?
Hi, you can try Flywire. It's fast and straightforward.
Note: their rate is high sha oo, like ₦600+

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by shegzb50: 6:31pm On Nov 01, 2021
Pls those anyone knows any cheap hotel close to the embassy (lagos embassy)
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Helkayklassic(m): 6:40pm On Nov 01, 2021
Lmaoooo. I once said no one should profile that Korean guy but after i read like 5 different denial transcript of same travel history questions, i gave up.

Vahn:
be speaking grammar, those of us speaking from experience, we sent him text messages to reject us right? Or we texted him the same questions to ask all of us. It’s really not your fault. Moreover i never quoted you, please dont quote me if you have no interests in being reasonable.

Regards
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Lilbaby23: 6:44pm On Nov 01, 2021
Good evening guys. Pls i need more light on this issue of mine. Apparently i can’t reschedule my current appointment and i can’t request for Emergency appointment again as my ER was denied twice last month. The emergency request tab isn’t showing anymore.

1. Does this mean i will have to pay another visa fee?.
2. And will i need to cancel the current appointment and start all over again or just update my profile where necessary?

Pls i will appreciate your replies . Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 7:08pm On Nov 01, 2021
Hello bro, I'm looking at these schools:
Wayne state university.
Colorado state university pueblo
University of Louisville.
North Dakota State university
University of Central Florida
University of Alabama in Huntsville
New Jersey institute of Technology

How well do you know about their scholarship offerings to international students?
I'm looking at MSc. Industrial Engineering.
I'd be grateful if you would offer a reply to my question.

NB: I chose them cos they accept Wes, my Hnd had to be sent to Wes.

ashraf267:

Hi, tell him to try South Dakota State University and University of Wisconsin Parkside.
They are both affordable and gives nice scholarships to international students.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Vahn: 7:08pm On Nov 01, 2021
Mickeybook:
The dude only ask you some simple questions... Why are you complicating issues
dude fuckkkk off!!!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Vahn: 7:09pm On Nov 01, 2021
Erudite77:

I wish you all the very best.

Be blessed.
thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Vahn: 7:11pm On Nov 01, 2021
nues012:

American has his denial record, disguising would put this applicant in more trouble.
america is not cgi portal, the vo will only use your ds160 details, not chi appointment details, include the rejection in ds160, not in cgi, if you do that on cgi, you will join me in this hustle

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by obibanks: 7:29pm On Nov 01, 2021
I've read most of the 1st 40 pages of this thread. I have to compliment the VISA Approvals I see but as a 1st timer, I seem not to see any description or process of how this US study VISA works. I've just seen SEVIS, i-20. Can someone give me a freshers , PLEASEE

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ashraf267(m): 7:58pm On Nov 01, 2021
Illumined9933:
Wayne state university.

How well do you know about their scholarship offerings to international students?

Sorry I don't really know much about GRAD studies atm. But as I said earlier, check South Dakota State University, they are very flexible with their scholarships and admission processing for both UG & Grad.
However, there's this thread on Nairaland, the guy also did MSc. Industrial Engineering at Texas A&M Kingsville and he got a partial scholarship.
The link to the thread is:
https://www.nairaland.com/3926467/naija-yankee-thoughts-experiences

I hope it helps sha.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 8:14pm On Nov 01, 2021
Thanks bro, yea I know mackynaija. I came across his Yankee thread as far back as June, 2018. Observing his growth illustrates a way leaving Nigeria could better your life. I also remember when predstan wrote on that thread about how he got admitted to 5 schools, but he never attended any, despite acquiring prodigy or mpower loan ( can't remember now). Turned out he was going to achieve his dream via mtsu, the following year(2019). We don old small sha. Next year is my year, I believe.
ashraf267:

Sorry I don't really know much about GRAD studies atm. But as I said earlier, check South Dakota State University, they are very flexible with their scholarships and admission processing for both UG & Grad.
However, there's this thread on Nairaland, the guy also did MSc. Industrial Engineering at Texas A&M Kingsville and he got a partial scholarship.
The link to the thread is:
https://www.nairaland.com/3926467/naija-yankee-thoughts-experiences

I hope it helps sha.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Greatnnamdi: 8:27pm On Nov 01, 2021
Good evening house, I know we all have tight schedules and piled up hustling activities. Please I want to make an urgent enquiry.

I want to know the current US F1 visa application fee.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ashraf267(m): 8:27pm On Nov 01, 2021
Illumined9933:
Thanks bro, yea I know mackynaija. I came across his Yankee thread as far back as June, 2018. Observing his growth illustrates a way leaving Nigeria could better your life. I also remember when predstan wrote on that thread about how he got admitted to 5 schools, but he never attended any, despite acquiring prodigy or mpower loan ( can't remember now). Turned out he was going to achieve his dream via mtsu, the following year(2019). We don old small sha. Next year is my year, I believe.
Omo! The struggle is real oo grin grin
God go run am for us boss.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ashraf267(m): 8:31pm On Nov 01, 2021
Greatnnamdi:
Good evening house, I know we all have tight schedules and piled up hustling activities. Please I want to make an urgent enquiry.

I want to know the current US F1 visa application fee.
It's $160 (₦67200) presently.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Predstan: 8:54pm On Nov 01, 2021
Illumined9933:

Keep believing bro. You will get it. I applied and got admitted into 10 schools before I went for MTSU. Rounding up the Masters and going to start a Phd at a Top CS school in January . Research in AI and ComputerVision….

9 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by asunmoGGMU(m): 8:57pm On Nov 01, 2021
ashraf267:

Hi, you can try Flywire. It's fast and straightforward.
Note: their rate is high sha oo, like ₦600+

Thank you for your response. I've been able to get it done via a friend.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Gent2nice: 9:30pm On Nov 01, 2021
Wow! Administrative processing takes maximum of 60 days.. wish you all the best bro

deolubajo:
Please have you received your stamped passport yet? I got approved on the same day in Abuja but I am yet to get my passport back (Visa status still showing under administrative processing).
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by IvannahG: 9:48pm On Nov 01, 2021
Hello house, please my interview is coming up and I need some assistance. How do I fill a new Ds 160 and update on CGI without losing my current appointment date? I filled it before for fall but couldn’t get a date on time, so I had to defer my admission to Spring. Is it compulsory I now update the DS 160 to spring term or can I just leave it as it is and say I scheduled my interview earlier on but had to defer. Please I’ll appreciate a timely response.

Also my I-20 states personal funds but I’ll be going with mine & an uncle’s bank statement as a sponsor with the bulk of the funds from my uncle. Will this be ok? Please help
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Prettiyruth: 9:55pm On Nov 01, 2021
Good evening, I’m finding it difficult filling the ds-160 form. It keeps logging me out after generating the application Id. Once I click retrieve application , it asks for surname and year of birth and I haven’t imputed that cos I haven’t gotten to that section. If I go ahead to input the surname, it will say information doesn’t match. I don’t know what else to do. Kindly help
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Rommy1: 11:03pm On Nov 01, 2021
@walspring please can you help with my sevis payment? Just sent you a message. Thank you.
Mide95:
Hey, guys!
Silent reader.
Visa Approved in lagos on my 2nd trial� �
I'm so happy!� Thanks to everyone that contributed to this thread. Learnt alot. Special thanks to @walspring for the SEVIS fee, and @beejhay69 for helping with the Bank state...
Transcripts loading..

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Olaoke16(m): 11:21pm On Nov 01, 2021
Prettiyruth:
Good evening, I’m finding it difficult filling the ds-160 form. It keeps logging me out after generating the application Id. Once I click retrieve application , it asks for surname and year of birth and I haven’t imputed that cos I haven’t gotten to that section. If I go ahead to input the surname, it will say information doesn’t match. I don’t know what else to do. Kindly help

You will need to restart, until you scaled through that stage before you can retrieve application. Be fast in that stage, use atleast 3-5mins in a page.

NB: if you see that you are taking too long time in a page, click on save and complete later then immediately click to start again.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by deolubajo: 12:43am On Nov 02, 2021
You can start a new application instead.
Prettiyruth:
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Hazardd(m): 4:59am On Nov 02, 2021
Illumined9933:
Wayne state university.

Did you send only the hnd or do u include ND?

(1) (2) (3) ... (542) (543) (544) (545) (546) (547) (548) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.