Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,058 members, 7,828,725 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (544) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1654662 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (541) (542) (543) (544) (545) (546) (547) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Mide95: 9:00am On Nov 01, 2021
Hey, guys!
Silent reader.
Visa Approved in lagos on my 2nd trial� �
I'm so happy!� Thanks to everyone that contributed to this thread. Learnt alot. Special thanks to @walspring for the SEVIS fee, and @beejhay69 for helping with the Bank state...
Transcripts loading..

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Joclins: 9:00am On Nov 01, 2021
Could you share your previously rejected transcript?
Reasons could be there.

Sun1shyne:
My visa was refused at Abuja embassy on 29th October.

We exchanged greetings and he asked for my document (passport and co) I passed it, he then kept it aside.
Looking at the system, he asked if I had ever traveled outside of Nigeria, I said No, I haven't had any reason to. I was looking at him and smiling, but he wasn't even smiling back.

Second question (still haven't touched my document), do you have any relative in the US?
I said no i don't

He then picked up my passport and brought out my I-20. Who is gonna pay for your deficit?
My dad is going to take care of that

What does your dad do?
He is an Obstetrician and Gynaecologist at a federal teaching hospital in xx state

What do you do here in Nigeria?
I work as a Nutrition advisor with xx Nigeria Plc

Thank you for coming. Unfortunately, you do not qualify.....

What could be wrong?

Please I want to re-apply. My school resumes in January.
Someone is suggesting I select regular instead of previously refused when scheduling another appointment, and I'd like to know if that doesn't matter. Has it worked for anyone please or does it have consequence?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by walepepe21: 9:04am On Nov 01, 2021
Mide95:
Hey, guys!
Silent reader.
I'm so happy!� Thanks to everyone that contributed to this thread. Learnt alot. Special thanks to @walspring for the SEVIS fee, and @beejhay69 for helping with the Bank state...
Transcripts loading..

Hearty Congratulation!

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Oofay: 9:07am On Nov 01, 2021
Congratulations!

Mide95:
Hey, guys!
Silent reader.
Transcripts loading..
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bukhety(f): 9:30am On Nov 01, 2021
bukhety:
Good morning all. Please I intend to use an org's SOA as my POF. My brother in law is one of the partners in the org and he has promised me a job when I get back. Please how best can I present it to the VO? Any red flags?
Biko, help me
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Hazardd(m): 9:35am On Nov 01, 2021
walepepe21:

Try to do USA WES Evaluation and you will be fine
hmm okay sha
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by habeeb246(m): 9:38am On Nov 01, 2021
Sun1shyne:

I guess
he looks Asian?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by tmann626(m): 10:01am On Nov 01, 2021
Sun1shyne:

Please I need your contributions. Thanks all
I think you should select previously refused to be on a safe side. It is already in their record that you have been refused. Don't complicate things for yourself.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Vahn: 10:36am On Nov 01, 2021
Philjj1102:
Dear nairalanders,

I got denied in Abuja yesterday. Here is my transcript.

Vo: pass me your passport and i20
Me: i did
Vo: have you ever travelled before
Me: no
Vo: i can see you have partial scholarship, how do you intend to cover the rest
Me: my Uncle
Vo: what does he do
Me: i didn't hear so i said sorry...
Vo: "repeats question"
Me: he owns chains of store and also into import and export
Vo: ok
Vo: what do you do
Me: I work for lagos state government.
Vo: handed the the blue paper.

Please guys kindly tell me what i did wrong and how to prepare for my next interview. Also can i get an emergency application because my program starts January.
you did nothing wrong, thats the korean guys question, he already decided not to give you

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Vahn: 10:37am On Nov 01, 2021
Sun1shyne:
My visa was refused at Abuja embassy on 29th October.

We exchanged greetings and he asked for my document (passport and co) I passed it, he then kept it aside.
Looking at the system, he asked if I had ever traveled outside of Nigeria, I said No, I haven't had any reason to. I was looking at him and smiling, but he wasn't even smiling back.

Second question (still haven't touched my document), do you have any relative in the US?
I said no i don't

He then picked up my passport and brought out my I-20. Who is gonna pay for your deficit?
My dad is going to take care of that

What does your dad do?
He is an Obstetrician and Gynaecologist at a federal teaching hospital in xx state

What do you do here in Nigeria?
I work as a Nutrition advisor with xx Nigeria Plc

Thank you for coming. Unfortunately, you do not qualify.....

What could be wrong?

Please I want to re-apply. My school resumes in January.
Someone is suggesting I select regular instead of previously refused when scheduling another appointment, and I'd like to know if that doesn't matter. Has it worked for anyone please or does it have consequence?
select regular, previously refused people like me are being denied dates
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by teebaxy(m): 11:38am On Nov 01, 2021
Vahn:
you did nothing wrong, thats the korean guys question, he already decided not to give you
Does that mean the said Korean guy has never approved first timer or those that have no travel history ? .Let's get our facts right before we make it look like the Korean guy is limited to one's travel history to approval
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by kaey10(m): 12:21pm On Nov 01, 2021
Visa Approved 26 October, Abuja.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by deolubajo: 12:56pm On Nov 01, 2021
Please have you received your stamped passport yet? I got approved on the same day in Abuja but I am yet to get my passport back (Visa status still showing under administrative processing).
kaey10:
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Sun1shyne: 1:01pm On Nov 01, 2021
Joclins:
Could you share your previously rejected transcript?
Reasons could be there.

okay.

1st interview on June 7
Fall 2021
Abuja embassy
COA $29k
No funding

VO: pass me your document

Me: alright, here you go

VO: what are you going to do in US?

Me: I'm going for my masters program in Nutrition sciences at Bowling Green State University Ohio

VO: I see you have funds to be paid by family. Which of your family is paying?

Me: My maternal uncle xx, he is a businessman who deals on car sales.

VO: what did you study in your undergraduate?

Me: Human Nutrition and Dietetics

VO: when did you graduate?

Me: November 2015

VO: what have you been doing since then?

Me: after my graduation in 2015, I went for my compulsory national youth service corps in 2016/2017, after that I got a contract job at an NGO that works on eradication of malnutrition in severe acute malnourished children. After the contract expired, I enrolled for my one year Dietetics internship at a federal teaching hospital here in Nigeria. I finished in October 2019 and wrote my license exam in December. Then in February 2020, I got a job with xx Nigeria plc as a nutrition advisor and that is where I currently work

VO:okay. I'm sorry you do not qualify for visa at this time, the paper will explain to you.....

After this happened, I re-applied. I chose previously refused but couldn't get a favourable date, so i applied for EA and was denied on the basis that i had been denied within 6 months. So i had to keep the date (October 29) and deferred my admission to Spring 2022.
I then followed up with my graduate coordinator and she was able to offer me a partial scholarship and 5hrs of GA. That lead to a reduction of my tuition to $21k.
Then i went back for my second interview. This time, my dad was going to pay my deficit.
That's all
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by tmann626(m): 1:05pm On Nov 01, 2021
kaey10:
Congrats
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by HDwayne: 1:17pm On Nov 01, 2021
Congratulations!!
Mide95:
Hey, guys!
Silent reader.
Transcripts loading..
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by kaey10(m): 1:31pm On Nov 01, 2021
tmann626:
Congrats
thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ObodoNaija(f): 1:44pm On Nov 01, 2021
Mide95:
Hey, guys!
Silent reader.
Transcripts loading..

Congratulations bro. Please we need your transcript, please do include the description of VO that interviewed you grin
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ObodoNaija(f): 1:51pm On Nov 01, 2021
kaey10:

Congratulations bro
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Adejal: 1:55pm On Nov 01, 2021
It's not advisable...I'm talking from experience. Maybe you should confirm first from your school but some schools don't accept it like the one I applied to.
bukhety:
Good morning all. Please I intend to use an org's SOA as my POF. My brother in law is one of the partners in the org and he has promised me a job when I get back. Please how best can I present it to the VO? Any red flags?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Anavamii: 2:01pm On Nov 01, 2021
Hello,
Please has anyone recently got his or her visa application approved without funding or scholarship or assistantship?

My interview is this week and the COA is $35k. I have proof of funds from my father who’ll be paying but no supplement from the school.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bukhety(f): 2:03pm On Nov 01, 2021
Adejal:
It's not advisable...I'm talking from experience. Maybe you should confirm first from your school but some schools don't accept it like the one I applied to.
Thank you. Which school is that?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Shanid(m): 2:42pm On Nov 01, 2021
Hello EVERYONE, PLEASE I DONT UNDERSTAND SOMETHING, DOES THE 60 DAYS RULE TO APPLY FOR AN EMERGENCY APPOINTMENT START FROM THE EARLY DATE OR CLASSES START DATE??

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Bea22: 2:59pm On Nov 01, 2021
[quote author=FajAyobami post=99889329]Hello guys,
Please is there anyone who has gotten admission for fall at Michigan Tech?[/quo
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Vahn: 3:06pm On Nov 01, 2021
teebaxy:
Does that mean the said Korean guy has never approved first timer or those that have no travel history ? .Let's get our facts right before we make it look like the Korean guy is limited to one's travel history to approval
be speaking grammar, those of us speaking from experience, we sent him text messages to reject us right? Or we texted him the same questions to ask all of us. It’s really not your fault. Moreover i never quoted you, please dont quote me if you have no interests in being reasonable.

Regards
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Vahn: 3:07pm On Nov 01, 2021
Anavamii:
Hello,
Please has anyone recently got his or her visa application approved without funding or scholarship or assistantship?

My interview is this week and the COA is $35k. I have proof of funds from my father who’ll be paying but no supplement from the school.
you can be approved, thats not a shortcoming or red flag. Just be brave, then pray

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Erudite77: 3:15pm On Nov 01, 2021
Vahn:
be speaking grammar, those of us speaking from experience, we sent him text messages to reject us right? Or we texted him the same questions to ask all of us. It’s really not your fault. Moreover i never quoted you, please dont quote me if you have no interests in being reasonable.

Regards

Brother, you're funny. The first three lines got me laughing. Lol.

I wish you all the very best.

Be blessed.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Anavamii: 3:21pm On Nov 01, 2021
Vahn:
you can be approved, thats not a shortcoming or red flag. Just be brave, then pray

Thank you �
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ekenem123: 3:25pm On Nov 01, 2021
Mide95:
Hey, guys!
Silent reader.
Transcripts loading..

Congratulations..I key into your success story...
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bukhety(f): 3:50pm On Nov 01, 2021
Mide95:
Hey, guys!
Silent reader.
Transcripts loading..
how much in naira did u send to @walspring?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NigPatriot(m): 4:08pm On Nov 01, 2021
Congratulations @kentos13 @mide95 kaey10 for your visa approvals.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by nues012(m): 4:14pm On Nov 01, 2021
Vahn:
select regular, previously refused people like me are being denied dates

American has his denial record, disguising would put this applicant in more trouble.

(1) (2) (3) ... (541) (542) (543) (544) (545) (546) (547) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.