Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,878 members, 7,828,125 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (566) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1654307 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (563) (564) (565) (566) (567) (568) (569) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by samuel321: 12:34pm On Nov 11, 2021
Mog1457:
How many days does it take for sevis fee to be approved �
Please someone should reply me�

It usually reflects instantly but there are cases it reflects after 2-3days. Did you receive a payment confirmation in your mail?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by McGV: 12:36pm On Nov 11, 2021
Does 72hrs include weekends?

Ymuna:

You can refill the ds160 form, anything 72hrs to your interview don't touch the form.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Rommy1: 12:40pm On Nov 11, 2021
if you pay using Western Union, it should be immediate
Mog1457:
Please nairalanders
How many days does it take for sevis fee to be approved �
Please someone should reply me�
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Mog1457: 12:46pm On Nov 11, 2021
samuel321:

It usually reflects instantly but there are cases it reflects after 2-3days. Did you receive a payment confirmation in your mail?
No I didn’t
A friend of mine payed it for me in usa
And when i checked my status it says
We have the record of your form I-901 information submitted online
And he paid with moneygram
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by hardeyswaggz: 12:46pm On Nov 11, 2021
Hello good people,

Is there a way I can still adjust anything on my submitted Ds-160 after I have booked an appointment for interview?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Rommy1: 12:48pm On Nov 11, 2021
you can go ahead and pay for your interview fee
Mog1457:
Can i go to pay my interview 160$
Or wait till my sevis fee is approved
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Mog1457: 12:50pm On Nov 11, 2021
Rommy1:
you can go ahead and pay for your interview fee
This is what it’s saying
And my friend paid for me on monday
Using moneygram

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Mog1457: 12:51pm On Nov 11, 2021
Rommy1:
if you pay using Western Union, it should be immediate
This is what they say to me
Didnt get any message on my gmail

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by tmann626(m): 12:56pm On Nov 11, 2021
Mog1457:

I guess the person paid via check. Just hold on till Friday or latest by Monday. You will get a mail from sevis
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Prettiyruth: 12:59pm On Nov 11, 2021
VivaceET:
Yes. Go to the ceac website and retrieve your account using your previous code and create a new one

But won’t this be a different code from the one on my visa application, or can I send a mail for them to change it?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Mog1457: 1:00pm On Nov 11, 2021
tmann626:
I guess the person paid via check. Just hold on till Friday or latest by Monday. You will get a mail from sevis
Yes he did via money gram
Thanks I appreciate �
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Rommy1: 1:13pm On Nov 11, 2021
This is a money order payment and it takes some business days to reflect, just hold on
Mog1457:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by emmanuelle27: 1:31pm On Nov 11, 2021
GRFREE4 is the application fee waiver code for University of Arkansas little rock

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nicolars(m): 1:55pm On Nov 11, 2021
Good day everyone, I’m currently in the phase of searching for schools but the method I’m currently using might not be the best approach.
I’m using usnews and google to filter through schools that offer software engineering or computer science but it’s quite tedious and might not be efficient. I could be spending that time preparing for GRE and TOEFL.

Can anyone offer a better approach on how to streamline my search better?

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by kennethjunior(m): 2:46pm On Nov 11, 2021
2 months after Although I kept checking for dates till I got a favorable one.

Mirol:

I like to know the time difference between when u applied, thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by clementnoble22(m): 2:59pm On Nov 11, 2021
starch100:
Can we get the Korean guy's name so we can all send a mail to the embassy with an anonymous email address and report the guy?
Travel history shouldn't be a criterion for a visa. Some people can't dream of ever traveling if not for scholarships.
The guy does not care if you are on a scholarship or not.
Let's do what we have to do.

It was this same guy that declined mine. His questions came in the same format. So was was actually wrong? For me, I’ve travelled to Ghana for a seminar and that was my answer.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by sbot: 3:43pm On Nov 11, 2021
emmanuelle27:
GRFREE4 is the application fee waiver code for University of Arkansas little rock

Bless your heart boss
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Lustre23: 3:48pm On Nov 11, 2021
Good afternoon everyone here.
I just started this thread last night and im still trying to read up
I see all the good works yall are doing thanks and God bless �
Please o you people should help me im getting tired and frustrated �
I have been delayed so much because of strikes and other things. I'm currently in 200l studying mls. And I want to go to the US as a transfer student.
What are my chases of getting in?
What valid reason can I give to the VO officer as my reason for going
How do i fill my DS-160 to make it look convincing to the VO
Are there cheap schools I can apply to?
Are there undergraduate scholarships available?
Please i need help
You people should come to my aid
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Lustre23: 3:51pm On Nov 11, 2021
I have been delayed so much because of strikes and other things. I'm currently in 200l studying mls. And I want to go to the US as a transfer student.
I'm a 23year old female. Will my age be a disadvantage or anything like that?
Please i need help
Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 3:53pm On Nov 11, 2021
Good day to the good people here .. Can someone please recommend a good way to go about preparing for GMAT or a site where I could just practice GMAT and SHL questions.. Thank you ..
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by MountainTop34: 3:55pm On Nov 11, 2021
Erudite77:

Hello Erudite 77 Please I want a sample format for a company account. My sponsor (Guardian) is using his company account, I want to know the details that need to be included in the letter. Thanks

You have to follow the format.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Mirol: 4:24pm On Nov 11, 2021
Gent2nice:
What you are coming back to do is not related to your brother's business as you said in the reason why he is funding you.

The course actually cuts through business administration and project management.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by sbot: 4:33pm On Nov 11, 2021
Please can someone help with affordable schools?

Would appreciate your help please. Help a soul.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by jswaggzo(m): 4:48pm On Nov 11, 2021
Highzhikk:
You just need to wait. I was under administrative processing for more than 2 months. I was supposed to resume in August but had to defer till January. I think there is still a lot of time. You will still get it.

Okay thanks… but after the interview were you approved. Or were you placed on AP right from the interview day.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ayooluwa45: 5:24pm On Nov 11, 2021
Good day guys. Is there anyone here that can help me pay my Sevis fee?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 5:31pm On Nov 11, 2021
Ayooluwa45:
Good day guys. Is there anyone here that can help me pay my Sevis fee?
cc walspring or send me DM
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by emmanuelle27: 5:44pm On Nov 11, 2021
Utah State University chem/biochem picture below.

Wayne State Ms/PhD chem/biochem app is free

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by emmanuelle27: 5:50pm On Nov 11, 2021
Lustre23:
I'm a 23year old female. Will my age be a disadvantage or anything like that?
Please i need help
Thanks
you're still a young lady, age isn't a problem here from my perspective, just prepare a nice response on why you wantu transfer, there's hardly scholarships for undergrad so you need to have a lot of money, if not you may want to consider doing very well in your undergrad so you can easily secure scholarship in America, good luck.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Lustre23: 6:21pm On Nov 11, 2021
[My main reason for wanting to transfer is because of the incessant strike
My course is 5years and im just in 2nd year and rhey are still threatening to strike.
As for the plenty money e no dey but I really want to leave this delay called school �quote author=emmanuelle27 post=107529486] you're still a young lady, age isn't a problem here from my perspective, just prepare a nice response on why you wantu transfer, there's hardly scholarships for undergrad so you need to have a lot of money, if not you may want to consider doing very well in your undergrad so you can easily secure scholarship in America, good luck.[/quote]
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by jermer25: 8:08pm On Nov 11, 2021
I'm applying to GSU but I can't pay my application fee cos it's asking for a credit card which I don't have. Please how can I pay the application fee? Thanks a lot
kaey10:

Congrats and Welcome to Gsu
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Shanid(m): 8:13pm On Nov 11, 2021
Muleriders:

In terms of funding and Stem OPT, choose chemistry.
In terms of career transition and less "shalaye" during interview, choose MBA.

I won't really suggest education because they are less funded compared to stems. And your chances of fitting into US teaching system is low as an black African immigrant compared to USC. Also, it's hard for schools to file H1b visa for international students of education because they have teachers yapa in the US. and if your plan is to return back to naija, I don't think any secondary school will pay you more than 150k monthly salary which isn't a good ROI on your education.

Bottom line, it's up to you to decide what you want and the career path to choose
THANK YOU FOR THIS...BUT WHAT ABOUT REHABILITATION, THERAPY AND COUNSELLING COURSES ARE THEY FUNDED TOO?

(1) (2) (3) ... (563) (564) (565) (566) (567) (568) (569) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.