Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,216 members, 7,829,360 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:57 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (568) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1655403 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (565) (566) (567) (568) (569) (570) (571) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Anavamii: 1:56pm On Nov 12, 2021
It seems as though people have not been getting dates for interview or people have not been going for interviews. The transcripts here keep reducing by the day. I have referred many people to this thread because this helped me but it seems the materials are reducing sadly.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by HDwayne: 3:02pm On Nov 12, 2021
Hello guys, pls I need to confirm if this is the right step to pay for the sevisfee using WU quick pay. My friend trying to help me seem confused, she said WU agents don’t know what sevisfee is and even the quick pay. Pls I need your help.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by hajobee: 3:02pm On Nov 12, 2021
Hello all,

I recently got married just like a month and I already had admission for spring 2022, When I was requesting for i-20 i requested for mine and my wife's own. My wife passport does not carry my own last name...Hope this is not an issue going with this for interview . Please I need your kind guide and possible question we might be asked about the last name difference.

NOTE: we have our marriage certificate and pictures of our wedding....
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chynwem: 3:19pm On Nov 12, 2021
Someone should answer me please���
Chynwem:
Please guys will I be able to get an ER fast in Lagos? Also I stay in Lagos, but I want to know which is advisable to fill in the form for an interview Lagos or Abuja.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Duisburg: 3:25pm On Nov 12, 2021
Chynwem:
Someone should answer me please���
No one can say. Emergency appointment is not so predictable. But why not, make a trial, back it up with the required docs and a very convincing comment on why you need an EA.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by McGV: 3:40pm On Nov 12, 2021
Congratulations bro. Thanks for the encouragement and comic relief. cheesy

Trey195:
Visa Approved 1st of November
Lagos
Masters in IT
COA: 31,120 (No funding)
Undergraduate degree: Environmental Sciences
Current job role: E-commerce/Operations Analyst
First attempt
VO was a white male in his late 50s
Here's how it went:

VO: Hi! How are you?
Me: Good afternoon sir. I'm fine thank you.
VO: Pass me your passport and i-20 please
Me: Here they are.
VO: Why are you here?
Me: (I come count beans ni undecided)
I'm here for my F1 student visa interview.
VO: Yes for what purpose
Me: To travel to the US and pursue my masters degree in information technology with a concentration in management and analytics at Valparaiso University, Indiana.
VO: Keeps typing for about 30 seconds.
At this point I felt I needed to prove my case more as the silence wan begin dey too long and no further questions were forthcoming.
Me: I currently work as an e-commerce/operations analyst with the foremost fintech company in Nigeria and the whole of Africa (oshe!). My duties include managing the online sales process to achieve company sales objectives; developing sales strategies and determining sales forecast and projections; and organizing data and generating deep customer insights in order to enhance sales force productivity and profitability.
VO: (nods his head like agama grin)
So what will you do with this degree
Me: (wa sherey omo iya mi)
Upon completion of my program, I will return to my current place of work to take up a senior managerial role. That's in the short term. In the long run, I plan on setting up my own IT consulting firm where I will partner with the Lagos State government (correct cool) to organise empowerment programs targeted at the most vulnerable of our society - young children and women.
VO: (keeps nodding head)
So you will be coming back to your current work place?
Me: Yes sir!
VO: So you have been working in IT for some time?
Me: Yes sir. About 5 years.
VO: Have you travelled out before?
Me: Yes sir. I went to Ghana in 2018 for a vacation.
VO: Who's your sponsor?
Me: My father is sponsoring me.
VO: What does he do?
Me: He's a general manager with a top insurance brokerage company here in Nigeria, and he's also a real estate developer who develops, sells and rents out landed properties.
VO: Wait let me get your story straight. You said he's an insurance general manager and now he's a real estate developer?
Me: He's does both sir. He's main occupation is the general manager at an insurance brokerage company, while he does real estate development on the side.
VO: You have any siblings?
Me: Yes, two. One is a medical doctor and the other is a recent graduate of mechanical engineering.
VO: Alright! Everything looks good here. I will be granting your visa. You can pick up your passport...blah blah (Omo I legit went deaf here)
Me: Thank you sir and have a great day!

I give baba God all the glory. What he cannot do doesn't exist o! My people pray, pray, pray!!!
Nairaland has really been a blessing and instrumental in this success story as well, so it was only right I come and give account.
Quick tip: Endeavour to fill your DS160 yourself and you must be able to correlate & defend what you filled on it.
God bless everyone and I wish all visa hopefuls success.

7 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by asunmoGGMU(m): 4:02pm On Nov 12, 2021
jermer25:
It didn't work. They clearly stated credit card, not debit card. Someone has helped me out sha

Well, I faced similar issue where they clearly stated credit card, and debit card worked perfectly. That may just be an isolation.

It's fine since you've done it.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by asunmoGGMU(m): 4:04pm On Nov 12, 2021
edimalo:

Trying to pay enrollment deposit for someone and use 3 debit cards. None working. How do I resolve this. Which payment works better.

I don't know of your university but I made use of my ACCESS debit card for my application fee and it worked.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by temibanks(m): 4:06pm On Nov 12, 2021
Guys! Please, I have 6 siblings, how do I explain this to a consular, if they ask me.

I'm thinking of just saying 2. lipsrsealed
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ayooluwa45: 4:17pm On Nov 12, 2021
Good day guys.. I'm yet to complete my Ds-160 form and I've already paid for my visa.. My question is can i go ahead to schedule a visa appointment?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by babs3310: 4:26pm On Nov 12, 2021
Yes, you can. You will need your DS 160 alphanumeric application ID when applying.
Ayooluwa45:
Good day guys.. I'm yet to complete my Ds-160 form and I've already paid for my visa.. My question is can i go ahead to schedule a visa appointment?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by babs3310: 4:28pm On Nov 12, 2021
The best you can do is to not lie.
temibanks:
Guys! Please, I have 6 siblings, how do I explain this to a consular, if they ask me.

I'm thinking of just saying 2. lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by DonJSHY(m): 4:42pm On Nov 12, 2021
Yes you can, but make sure you complete you ds-160 form 72hrs before your appointment date
Ayooluwa45:
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ayooluwa45: 4:51pm On Nov 12, 2021
DonJSHY:
Yes you can, but make sure you complete you ds-160 form 72hrs before your appointment date

Thanks bro
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by charleymed(m): 4:52pm On Nov 12, 2021
Trey195:
Yes it's normal. It now depends on your situation. Like your program start date, if you uploaded all the required documents, if you have been delayed recently and so on. Be hopeful, I believe your EA will be granted soon.
Thanks Boss
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chynwem: 6:45pm On Nov 12, 2021
Abuja or Lagos, which is preferable for interview please. I'm about to start my ds 160.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Pamelayoung: 7:16pm On Nov 12, 2021
Feexo:
I got my visa in July, 2014 and this thread was really helpful at the time. I just want to pray from the bottom of my heart for all those seeking the U.S. student visa on this thread; God will grant your heart desires.

Amen

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chynwem: 7:33pm On Nov 12, 2021
I claim it. Amen.
Feexo:
I got my visa in July, 2014 and this thread was really helpful at the time. I just want to pray from the bottom of my heart for all those seeking the U.S. student visa on this thread; God will grant your heart desires.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by gboleximk: 8:06pm On Nov 12, 2021
Good evening everyone,
I got US visa rejection recently, below is my transcript, thanks

VO: Good morning
Me: Good morning

VO: Please pass me your document and your I-20
Me: I passed all requested documents to him, I-20, DS 160, and International Passport

VO: You are going to Missouri University of Science and Technology to study System Engineering?
Me: Yes

VO: You have some funding?

VO: You have some deficit in your funding, and how are going to pay for the rest:
Me: I have some savings since I have been working since 2012 and I have also made provision for a student loan to cater for the rest of my bills

VO: Why Missouri?
Me: Missouri S&T is one of the top-ranking universities in US and among the best-ranked university in System Engineering

VO: What will you specialize in?
Me: I will specialize in System Analyst

VO: what are your plans after school?
Me: after school, I will come back home (to Nigeria) to take a job in banks or telecom operators as a system analyst

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chynwem: 8:24pm On Nov 12, 2021
Please I need an answer Fam
Chynwem:
Abuja or Lagos, which is preferable for interview please. I'm about to start my ds 160.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by floyo001: 8:29pm On Nov 12, 2021
Thanks a lot for this explanation.
Pls pardon me, I need further clarification.

Here's what is stated in her I20 form....

Estimated Average Cost for 8 months: $36,500 ( Tution: 26,000 + Living expenses: 8,500)

Then Her GA takes care of total tuition and also pays monthly stipends.

So, in this case does it mean that she doesn't have any deficit?

I'll really appreciate your help clarity again.

Thanks

TWoods:

Deficit is the difference between total tuition costs and how much of it is waived by scholarships or fellowships. In other words, how much tuition costs you have left to pay.

Since your wife has a GA that covers everything plus stipend, deficit does not apply to her.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by emmanuelle27: 9:23pm On Nov 12, 2021
Hello e-brethren, I humbly seek your options, for a biology graduate who works as a sales rep in a Telecom company, going for Ms biology and intending to become a university lecturer, I'm looking for a good way to establish ties since I'm definitely not coming back to this my current job(sales rep) as it isn't related. In your subjective opinions, does telling the VO you wanna come back to your University to become a Lecturer establish enough home ties? Or what will y'all rather suggest, Pls help, @Twoods, NigerPilot ....

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by gboleximk: 9:45pm On Nov 12, 2021
for someone in their late 30s or early 40s, can personal funding be a red flag?
In my case, my father is late, I have an aging mother, I have been working for more than 10 years in Telco Vendor companies, having a personal fund should fly, I have been trying to pursue my master's since I left school but no support, I need to hustle for the money to make the dream come true.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by tunde2222: 10:04pm On Nov 12, 2021
Anyone with an answer for this please
tunde2222:
Hello everyone, I intend to get F2 visa for my wife and 2 kids. Do I have to fill different visa application form for each of them or 1 will be good enough.
2. Do kids under 10 years need to attend the interview.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by MrPresent(m): 10:30pm On Nov 12, 2021
Look At What I found On Punch News This Night. It was posted via their Twitter page.

Click on the link

https://punchng.com/us-student-visa-applications-begin-nov-24/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1636748072

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Leestan45(m): 10:31pm On Nov 12, 2021
Chynwem:
Please I need an answer Fam
typoooo!!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Leestan45(m): 10:37pm On Nov 12, 2021
gboleximk:
Good evening everyone,

Me: I passed all requested documents to him, I-20, DS 160, and International Passport

VO: You are going to Missouri University of Science and Technology to study System Engineering?

VO: You have some deficit in your funding, and how are going to pay for the rest:
Me: I have some savings since I have been working since 2012 and I have also made provision for a student loan to cater for the rest of my bills

Me: Missouri S&T is one of the top-ranking universities in US and among the best-ranked university in System Engineering

Me: after school, I will come back home (to Nigeria) to take a job in banks or telecom operators as a system analyst
did you pass your ds-160 form to the visa officer ? I think you are not suppose to go in with it
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Vahn: 11:13pm On Nov 12, 2021
gboleximk:
Good evening everyone,

Jeez! You had a chance and you blew it? They didnt ask most of us this important questions cos the korean vo had marked us in his mind, we were being asked the numbers of siblings we had and if we have traveled before.

They didnt give us a chance, i want to cry mehn, you could have said so many strong things that would have given you a pass.

God knows best sha
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by btswins: 11:34pm On Nov 12, 2021
Leestan45:
did you pass your ds-160 form to the visa officer ? I think you are not suppose to go in with it

That should be the DS160 confirmation page
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by floyo001: 12:03am On Nov 13, 2021
Thanks!
floyo001:

Estimated Average Cost for 8 months: $36,500 ( Tution: 26,000 + Living expenses: 8,500)

Thanks

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TWoods(m): 2:17am On Nov 13, 2021
floyo001:

Thanks

Technically, what your wife owes the school is tuition, not living expenses (unless it includes mandatory expenses like health insurance). Her GA likely covers all tuition and insurance. The stipend covers the rest of the living expenses. She has no deficit.

Trust me, this was the same type of GA i had.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (565) (566) (567) (568) (569) (570) (571) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.