Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,544 members, 7,812,699 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:44 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (567) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1640758 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (564) (565) (566) (567) (568) (569) (570) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Queengel: 8:53pm On Nov 11, 2021
emmanuelle27:
you're still a young lady, age isn't a problem here from my perspective, just prepare a nice response on why you wantu transfer, there's hardly scholarships for undergrad so you need to have a lot of money, if not you may want to consider doing very well in your undergrad so you can easily secure scholarship in America, good luck.
sorry for quoting you but I thought that with sat exam that undergraduate can easily get scholarship in USA
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Lustre23: 9:25pm On Nov 11, 2021
I forgot to add
Please who knows about Northeastern Illonis University (NEIU)
I have Googled about it though but I want to get more information here
How good is it
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by kaey10(m): 9:35pm On Nov 11, 2021
jermer25:
I'm applying to GSU but I can't pay my application fee cos it's asking for a credit card which I don't have. Please how can I pay the application fee? Thanks a lot
You could mail them to let them know about it and ask for an alternative or get someone who stays in the us to assist you with payment
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TWoods(m): 9:46pm On Nov 11, 2021
Nicolars:
Good day everyone, I’m currently in the phase of searching for schools but the method I’m currently using might not be the best approach.
I’m using usnews and google to filter through schools that offer software engineering or computer science but it’s quite tedious and might not be efficient. I could be spending that time preparing for GRE and TOEFL.

Can anyone offer a better approach on how to streamline my search better?

I don’t think the problem is that it is tedious, the problem is you’re lazy.

Years ago, we had very little online and relied on personally sending letters to individual schools, one by one… you had to wait weeks to get application forms to fill.

Today you have google, and it’s still “tedious”?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Trey195(m): 9:51pm On Nov 11, 2021
Visa Approved 1st of November
Lagos
Masters in IT
COA: 31,120 (No funding)
Undergraduate degree: Environmental Sciences
Current job role: E-commerce/Operations Analyst
First attempt
VO was a white male in his late 50s
Here's how it went:

VO: Hi! How are you?
Me: Good afternoon sir. I'm fine thank you.
VO: Pass me your passport and i-20 please
Me: Here they are.
VO: Why are you here?
Me: (I come count beans ni undecided)
I'm here for my F1 student visa interview.
VO: Yes for what purpose
Me: To travel to the US and pursue my masters degree in information technology with a concentration in management and analytics at Valparaiso University, Indiana.
VO: Keeps typing for about 30 seconds.
At this point I felt I needed to prove my case more as the silence wan begin dey too long and no further questions were forthcoming.
Me: I currently work as an e-commerce/operations analyst with the foremost fintech company in Nigeria and the whole of Africa (oshe!). My duties include managing the online sales process to achieve company sales objectives; developing sales strategies and determining sales forecast and projections; and organizing data and generating deep customer insights in order to enhance sales force productivity and profitability.
VO: (nods his head like agama grin)
So what will you do with this degree
Me: (wa sherey omo iya mi)
Upon completion of my program, I will return to my current place of work to take up a senior managerial role. That's in the short term. In the long run, I plan on setting up my own IT consulting firm where I will partner with the Lagos State government (correct cool) to organise empowerment programs targeted at the most vulnerable of our society - young children and women.
VO: (keeps nodding head)
So you will be coming back to your current work place?
Me: Yes sir!
VO: So you have been working in IT for some time?
Me: Yes sir. About 5 years.
VO: Have you travelled out before?
Me: Yes sir. I went to Ghana in 2018 for a vacation.
VO: Who's your sponsor?
Me: My father is sponsoring me.
VO: What does he do?
Me: He's a general manager with a top insurance brokerage company here in Nigeria, and he's also a real estate developer who develops, sells and rents out landed properties.
VO: Wait let me get your story straight. You said he's an insurance general manager and now he's a real estate developer?
Me: He's does both sir. He's main occupation is the general manager at an insurance brokerage company, while he does real estate development on the side.
VO: You have any siblings?
Me: Yes, two. One is a medical doctor and the other is a recent graduate of mechanical engineering.
VO: Alright! Everything looks good here. I will be granting your visa. You can pick up your passport...blah blah (Omo I legit went deaf here)
Me: Thank you sir and have a great day!

I give baba God all the glory. What he cannot do doesn't exist o! My people pray, pray, pray!!!
Nairaland has really been a blessing and instrumental in this success story as well, so it was only right I come and give account.
Quick tip: Endeavour to fill your DS160 yourself and you must be able to correlate & defend what you filled on it.
God bless everyone and I wish all visa hopefuls success.

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by buyplayaco(m): 9:55pm On Nov 11, 2021
wow nice!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Xquisitegift(f): 9:57pm On Nov 11, 2021
jermer25:
I'm applying to GSU but I can't pay my application fee cos it's asking for a credit card which I don't have. Please how can I pay the application fee? Thanks a lot

I applied to the school, and paid from Nigeria with my USD Card.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Fescoblack(m): 9:58pm On Nov 11, 2021
I am happy to announce that I have been granted admission for spring at a university in USA. I am about to go pay and book my appointment date, please how do I go about it?

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Fescoblack(m): 10:00pm On Nov 11, 2021
sourkandi:

Depending on the school, most colleges give certain application update dates between 1-3 months after applying. Also the results might be delayed if the school is dealing with lots of applicants.

Boss I have been granted admission. Lead me on how to book an appointment after payment , I know I would pay at GTCO.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Babnxst93: 10:03pm On Nov 11, 2021
Please try and attend this career fair to ball State University on the 19th .. it comes with app waiver

https://admissions.bsu.edu/register/gradfair2021

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Helkayklassic(m): 11:08pm On Nov 11, 2021
If it’s not Twoods, it can never be Twoods grin grin

TWoods:

Years ago, we had very little online and relied on personally sending letters to individual schools, one by one… you had to wait weeks to get application forms to fill.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by floyo001: 11:23pm On Nov 11, 2021
Hi House,
Please I need to be clear about something.
I have been seeing the term 'deficit' in some Visa interview transcripts and I'll appreciate an explanation on what it means or in which type case it applies?

My wife has admission and also got a Graduate Assistantship that takes care of her full tuition and also includes a monthly stipend.
Please I'll like to know if this 'deficit' term apply to her?
i.e. What accounts for the deficit? Does it mean living expenses?

Lastly, since her tuition is taken care of by the GA, would she still need to show proof of funds?

Thanks a lot!

[quote author=Queengel post=107472444][/quote]

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Adem20: 11:34pm On Nov 11, 2021
Prettiyruth:

But won’t this be a different code from the one on my visa application, or can I send a mail for them to change it?

You can go to your application page to change it provided you still have more than 72hrs
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by sourkandi: 11:56pm On Nov 11, 2021
[quote author=Fescoblack post=107535988]

Boss I have been granted admission. Lead me on how to book an appointment after payment , I know I would pay at GTCO.

Congratulations boss!
There are necessary steps to take before you can book an appointment which I am sure you are aware of.
After paying the visa fee, go to ustraveldocs, sign up and fill in the necessary info(personal info, sevis ID, place interview will be held, visa category,etc). You will also be asked to fill in your receipt number(a 15/16 digit number on your receipt) and passport pick up location.
Choose a date and voila! You have scheduled an appointment.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by tunde2222: 2:15am On Nov 12, 2021
Hello everyone, I intend to get F2 visa for my wife and 2 kids. Do I have to fill different visa application form for each of them or 1 will be good enough.
2. Do kids under 10 years need to attend the interview.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by charleymed(m): 4:52am On Nov 12, 2021
Good morning everyone.
Please I applied for emergency appointment in Lagos almost 48 hours ago, but haven't gotten a response. Please is this normal?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Trey195(m): 5:26am On Nov 12, 2021
charleymed:
Good morning everyone.
Please I applied for emergency appointment in Lagos almost 48 hours ago, but haven't gotten a response. Please is this normal?
Yes it's normal. It now depends on your situation. Like your program start date, if you uploaded all the required documents, if you have been delayed recently and so on. Be hopeful, I believe your EA will be granted soon.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TWoods(m): 7:27am On Nov 12, 2021
floyo001:
Hi House,
Please I need to be clear about something.
I have been seeing the term 'deficit' in some Visa interview transcripts and I'll appreciate an explanation on what it means or in which type case it applies?

My wife has admission and also got a Graduate Assistantship that takes care of her full tuition and also includes a monthly stipend.
Please I'll like to know if this 'deficit' term apply to her?
i.e. What accounts for the deficit? Does it mean living expenses?

Lastly, since her tuition is taken care of by the GA, would she still need to show proof of funds?

Thanks a lot!

Deficit is the difference between total tuition costs and how much of it is waived by scholarships or fellowships. In other words, how much tuition costs you have left to pay.

Since your wife has a GA that covers everything plus stipend, deficit does not apply to her.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by asunmoGGMU(m): 8:01am On Nov 12, 2021
jermer25:

Try using your debit card (ATM card in Nigeria parlance). It should work.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Fescoblack(m): 8:45am On Nov 12, 2021
[quote author=sourkandi post=107537832][/quote] what account would I pay it to in GTco
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by edimalo(m): 8:56am On Nov 12, 2021
asunmoGGMU:

Trying to pay enrollment deposit for someone and use 3 debit cards. None working. How do I resolve this. Which payment works better.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by edimalo(m): 9:03am On Nov 12, 2021
How did you get the USD card and from what Bank. It's urgent please.

Xquisitegift:

I applied to the school, and paid from Nigeria with my USD Card.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by jermer25: 9:36am On Nov 12, 2021
Thanks a lot. Someone in the US has paid for me
kaey10:

You could mail them to let them know about it and ask for an alternative or get someone who stays in the us to assist you with payment

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by jermer25: 9:38am On Nov 12, 2021
It didn't work. They clearly stated credit card, not debit card. Someone has helped me out sha
asunmoGGMU:

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by abjisperson(m): 11:01am On Nov 12, 2021
Trey195:
Yes it's normal. It now depends on your situation. Like your program start date, if you uploaded all the required documents, if you have been delayed recently and so on. Be hopeful, I believe your EA will be granted soon.
currently in the same situation. my program begins in January...what's the way forward?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by sourkandi: 11:12am On Nov 12, 2021
Fescoblack:
what account would I pay it to in GTco

You can pay online if you have an account with GTB or in person if you don't. I walked into the bank with my passport and my visa fee, told them what I wanted to do and it was done.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Fescoblack(m): 11:18am On Nov 12, 2021
sourkandi:

You can pay online if you have an account with GTB or in person if you don't. I walked into the bank with my passport and my visa fee, told them what I wanted to do and it was done.
ooo, ok.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Aratop: 12:03pm On Nov 12, 2021
Good afternoon everyone.
I was denied visa November 5th but my application portal still shows that my passport is with them and therefore not bringing out date for me at either Lagos or Abuja.
I have paid another MRV fee but wants to scout for date as my program start 10th January, please what can I do?

Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by lifeofgolden1: 12:13pm On Nov 12, 2021
So sorry for the delay.
Kindly avail us of the delay transcript. Suggestions will be given. These suggestion will go a long way in helping you and others.

Aratop:
Good afternoon everyone.
I was denied visa November 5th but my application portal still shows that my passport is with them and therefore not bringing out date for me at either Lagos or Abuja.
I have paid another MRV fee but wants to scout for date as my program start 10th January, please what can I do?

Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chynwem: 1:07pm On Nov 12, 2021
Please guys will I be able to get an ER fast in Lagos? Also I stay in Lagos, but I want to know which is advisable to fill in the form for an interview Lagos or Abuja.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nozino: 1:24pm On Nov 12, 2021
[quote author=jermer25 post=107545333]It didn't work. They clearly stated credit card, not debit card. Someone has helped me out sha[/quote

It should work. I did Same for cal state. Give it a try.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Vahn: 1:41pm On Nov 12, 2021
TWoods:

very Lazy. He wants someone else to list everything from their own experience, while he goes to study for gre. How long does it take to actually research, he hasn’t even gotten to the visa /i20 stage. Smh

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (564) (565) (566) (567) (568) (569) (570) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.