Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,392 members, 7,830,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:54 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (569) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1655918 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (566) (567) (568) (569) (570) (571) (572) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chynwem: 2:45am On Nov 13, 2021
Abuja or Lagos, which is preferable for interview please. I'm about to start my ds 160.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by sfApase: 2:45am On Nov 13, 2021

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chynwem: 2:46am On Nov 13, 2021
Abuja or Lagos, which is preferable for interview please. I'm about to start my ds 160.
Leestan45:
typoooo!!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Themaths(m): 4:52am On Nov 13, 2021
Chynwem:

I don't think anyone can give you an answer to this, unless the person is just being sentimental from being denied visa from of them.

Lagos has more influx and applicants. But if you haven't been denied visa for the last 6 months and you are to resume for Spring, 2022, pick anyone. Pick any date you see, even it's July, 2022, pay your SEVIS fee, apply for emergency, upload all necessary documents and give a good reason why you need expedited date. You will be approved and given a closer date. Goodluck.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Themaths(m): 4:55am On Nov 13, 2021
emmanuelle27:
Hello e-brethren, I humbly seek your options, for a biology graduate who works as a sales rep in a Telecom company, going for Ms biology and intending to become a university lecturer, I'm looking for a good way to establish ties since I'm definitely not coming back to this my current job(sales rep) as it isn't related. In your subjective opinions, does telling the VO you wanna come back to your University to become a Lecturer establish enough home ties? Or what will y'all rather suggest, Pls help, @Twoods, NigerPilot ....

Your best bet will be leaning towards PASSION for biology. Try come up a convincing story that is believable and short. You can also say your alma mater gives alumni special consideration to be absorbed back as lecturers, just organize am in a way. You getting funding will also help your cause. Goodluck.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Themaths(m): 4:57am On Nov 13, 2021
temibanks:
Guys! Please, I have 6 siblings, how do I explain this to a consular, if they ask me.

I'm thinking of just saying 2. lipsrsealed

I don't see why you have to explain this to the consular, they are your siblings, not your children. You should be more worried about how to answer questions technically and believably than how many siblings you have.

Goodluck.

8 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Themaths(m): 5:01am On Nov 13, 2021
asunmoGGMU:

Well, I faced similar issue where they clearly stated credit card, and debit card worked perfectly. That may just be an isolation.

It's fine since you've done it.

Well, it also depends on the school. BGSU clearly stated that Nigerian cards will not work for paying of application fees. Others might say credit card but our cards will still work.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Themaths(m): 5:03am On Nov 13, 2021
hajobee:
Hello all,

I recently got married just like a month and I already had admission for spring 2022, When I was requesting for i-20 i requested for mine and my wife's own. My wife passport does not carry my own last name...Hope this is not an issue going with this for interview . Please I need your kind guide and possible question we might be asked about the last name difference.

NOTE: we have our marriage certificate and pictures of our wedding....

No, this shouldn't be an issue. They are Americans, they understand that sometimes women likes to keep their maiden names, besides, you just for married. Applying for change of name and a new passport na another journey on it's own.

Please, endeavor to post your transcript here when you go for your interview. Goodluck to you and your wife.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Themaths(m): 5:06am On Nov 13, 2021
Queengel:
sorry for quoting you but I thought that with sat exam that undergraduate can easily get scholarship in USA

It's possible, but the SAT score has to be stellar, WAEC results too. Most times they don't offer 100% tuition waivers. It's a game of chance and strength of application. Goodluck.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Themaths(m): 5:08am On Nov 13, 2021
Lustre23:
I forgot to add
Please who knows about Northeastern Illonis University (NEIU)
I have Googled about it though but I want to get more information here
How good is it

Your question is quite vague. Try being specific: do you want information about funding, admission, about a program, or you are looking for people who applied to same school and hoping to connect?

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Themaths(m): 5:10am On Nov 13, 2021
charleymed:
Good morning everyone.
Please I applied for emergency appointment in Lagos almost 48 hours ago, but haven't gotten a response. Please is this normal?

Some people had to wait for a month during fall, 2021. Others got theirs within 48hrs. Be patient man, use to time to prepare well for your interview. Goodluck.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Themaths(m): 5:12am On Nov 13, 2021
emmanuelle27:
GRFREE4 is the application fee waiver code for University of Arkansas little rock
RT

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Queengel: 6:01am On Nov 13, 2021
Themaths:

It's possible, but the SAT score has to be stellar, WAEC results too. Most times they don't offer 100% tuition waivers. It's a game of chance and strength of application. Goodluck.
thanks dear am grateful but is there any other exam better than SAT for undergraduate scholarship that you can refer to me
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Benswagg04: 6:36am On Nov 13, 2021
Goodmorning Scholars..
I hope we slept well.

Pls I don't know if it's just me, but I just paid my MRV fee now, but trying to book an appointment, itz saying there is no date available. That what it has been saying for like two days now. Is anybody experiencing this too?

Also I have been denied once,which is not up to six months. Pls where can I apply to so I can get an expedited appointment?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by asunmoGGMU(m): 6:53am On Nov 13, 2021
Themaths:

Well, it also depends on the school. BGSU clearly stated that Nigerian cards will not work for paying of application fees. Others might say credit card but our cards will still work.

I agree. Hence, I said that may be an isolation.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Leestan45(m): 8:23am On Nov 13, 2021
Benswagg04:
Goodmorning Scholars..
I hope we slept well.

Pls I don't know if it's just me, but I just paid my MRV fee now, but trying to book an appointment, itz saying there is no date available. That what it has been saying for like two days now. Is anybody experiencing this too?

Also I have been denied once,which is not up to six months. Pls where can I apply to so I can get an expedited appointment?
https://punchng.com/us-student-visa-applications-begin-nov-24/ read this and also shear your denial transcript
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by emmanuelle27: 8:27am On Nov 13, 2021
Themaths:

Your best bet will be leaning towards PASSION for biology. Try come up a convincing story that is believable and short. You can also say your alma mater gives alumni special consideration to be absorbed back as lecturers, just organize am in a way. You getting funding will also help your cause. Goodluck.
thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Oluchi2020: 8:38am On Nov 13, 2021
Please Is the Visa surge dates open for anyone even if you were denied recently?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Waskylala: 8:41am On Nov 13, 2021
sfApase:
https://punchng.com/us-student-visa-applications-begin-nov-24/

Read this if it applies to you!

Me wey dey wait for admission letter, how can I partake in this offer?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Oluchi2020: 8:41am On Nov 13, 2021
Can someone with the knowledge explain to us how the Visa surge dates they just announced works
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by vanessa969: 9:03am On Nov 13, 2021
Oluchi2020:
Can someone with the knowledge explain to us how the Visa surge dates they just announced works

From what I have read, the visa surge is for students who have had F1 visas before and probably want to renew it due to change of school or course. If you apply using that you will need to show them your expired F1 visa. It was quite self explanatory, if you in this category you will do the same procedure requesting for emergency date.
I hope my explanation is good
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chynwem: 9:14am On Nov 13, 2021
Wait o, so it is not applicable to first timers?
vanessa969:

From what I have read, the visa surge is for students who have had F1 visas before and probably want to renew it due to change of school or course. If you apply using that you will need to show them your expired F1 visa. It was quite self explanatory, if you in this category you will do the same procedure requesting for emergency date.
I hope my explanation is good
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by hajobee: 9:28am On Nov 13, 2021
Thanks for your response..
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Themaths(m): 9:33am On Nov 13, 2021
Queengel:
thanks dear am grateful but is there any other exam better than SAT for undergraduate scholarship that you can refer to me

There is one other one, but I think SAT is the best.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Sefunmit: 9:43am On Nov 13, 2021
henzolucci:
Hello everyone! I just got admitted into Bowling Green State University, Ohio for Masters in Computer Science, Sofware Engineering for Spring 2022. Classes begin 10th of January 2022 on my I-20.... How do I pay my SEVIS fee? And how do I book a date for interview? Aslo, is there anyone here going to or in BGSU? Help a brother. Thanks

Please have you gotten a date
I'm also going to bgsu by January

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Sobafemi: 10:18am On Nov 13, 2021
Is there anyone who travelled with Turkish airline recently, was there any POE issues?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by charleymed(m): 10:48am On Nov 13, 2021
Themaths:

Some people had to wait for a month during fall, 2021. Others got theirs within 48hrs. Be patient man, use to time to prepare well for your interview. Goodluck.
Thank you sir
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by seansifo(m): 11:06am On Nov 13, 2021
Good morning my erudite fellow,

I'm having great difficulties drafting my statement of purpose. Those of us that have written ours should please kindly share it with us.

Am currently having sleepless night because of it. Please help a brother
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Erudite77: 11:36am On Nov 13, 2021
seansifo:
Good morning my erudite fellow,

I'm having great difficulties drafting my statement of purpose. Those of us that have written ours should please kindly share it with us.

Am currently having sleepless night because of it. Please help a brother

See this video and your sleeplessness will become 'assuredness'.

I may volunteer to proofread it for you, without a kobo.

All the best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yr1OXIS8cjY

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by seansifo(m): 11:42am On Nov 13, 2021
Erudite77:

All the best.

Thanks.

I'll watch and keep you posted
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by seansifo(m): 11:49am On Nov 13, 2021
Erudite77:

All the best.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by mojolajesu(m): 11:52am On Nov 13, 2021
Congratulations bro.

Please did you request that your school send original I-20 or you used the printed copy from your email
Trey195:
Visa Approved 1st of November
Lagos
Masters in IT
COA: 31,120 (No funding)
Undergraduate degree: Environmental Sciences
Current job role: E-commerce/Operations Analyst
First attempt
VO was a white male in his late 50s
Here's how it went:

VO: Hi! How are you?
Me: Good afternoon sir. I'm fine thank you.
VO: Pass me your passport and i-20 please
Me: Here they are.
VO: Why are you here?
Me: (I come count beans ni undecided)
I'm here for my F1 student visa interview.
VO: Yes for what purpose
Me: To travel to the US and pursue my masters degree in information technology with a concentration in management and analytics at Valparaiso University, Indiana.
VO: Keeps typing for about 30 seconds.
At this point I felt I needed to prove my case more as the silence wan begin dey too long and no further questions were forthcoming.
Me: I currently work as an e-commerce/operations analyst with the foremost fintech company in Nigeria and the whole of Africa (oshe!). My duties include managing the online sales process to achieve company sales objectives; developing sales strategies and determining sales forecast and projections; and organizing data and generating deep customer insights in order to enhance sales force productivity and profitability.
VO: (nods his head like agama grin)
So what will you do with this degree
Me: (wa sherey omo iya mi)
Upon completion of my program, I will return to my current place of work to take up a senior managerial role. That's in the short term. In the long run, I plan on setting up my own IT consulting firm where I will partner with the Lagos State government (correct cool) to organise empowerment programs targeted at the most vulnerable of our society - young children and women.
VO: (keeps nodding head)
So you will be coming back to your current work place?
Me: Yes sir!
VO: So you have been working in IT for some time?
Me: Yes sir. About 5 years.
VO: Have you travelled out before?
Me: Yes sir. I went to Ghana in 2018 for a vacation.
VO: Who's your sponsor?
Me: My father is sponsoring me.
VO: What does he do?
Me: He's a general manager with a top insurance brokerage company here in Nigeria, and he's also a real estate developer who develops, sells and rents out landed properties.
VO: Wait let me get your story straight. You said he's an insurance general manager and now he's a real estate developer?
Me: He's does both sir. He's main occupation is the general manager at an insurance brokerage company, while he does real estate development on the side.
VO: You have any siblings?
Me: Yes, two. One is a medical doctor and the other is a recent graduate of mechanical engineering.
VO: Alright! Everything looks good here. I will be granting your visa. You can pick up your passport...blah blah (Omo I legit went deaf here)
Me: Thank you sir and have a great day!

I give baba God all the glory. What he cannot do doesn't exist o! My people pray, pray, pray!!!
Nairaland has really been a blessing and instrumental in this success story as well, so it was only right I come and give account.
Quick tip: Endeavour to fill your DS160 yourself and you must be able to correlate & defend what you filled on it.
God bless everyone and I wish all visa hopefuls success.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (566) (567) (568) (569) (570) (571) (572) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.