Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,372 members, 7,829,954 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:09 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (570) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1655873 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (567) (568) (569) (570) (571) (572) (573) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by mojolajesu(m): 11:57am On Nov 13, 2021
Hello guys,

Please do I need my school to send the original copies of I-20 or can I use the printed copy from the one sent in my email.

I want to be sure before I apply.

Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tamad101(f): 12:16pm On Nov 13, 2021
Printed copy from the email is fine
mojolajesu:
Hello guys,

Please do I need my school to send the original copies of I-20 or can I use the printed copy from the one sent in my email.

I want to be sure before I apply.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by crowniran(m): 12:43pm On Nov 13, 2021
If you need grammarly subscription(a year). Send a Dm. Just for a token. Its just a month old. 08135076974

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Trey195(m): 2:00pm On Nov 13, 2021
mojolajesu:
Congratulations bro.

Please did you request that your school send original I-20 or you used the printed copy from your email
Printed copy. That's what most people use nowadays and it's acceptable by US Embassy/Consulate.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Afroresorts: 2:26pm On Nov 13, 2021
I got interview date for the 29th who will assist me with a mock interview.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chynwem: 3:16pm On Nov 13, 2021
Can someone help me go through this my answer in advance please.

VO: What do you do?

Me: I work as a quality assurance officer at XYZ company, my duties include sampling and carrying out various analysis on process gases, lube oil, raw and processed water for urea fertiliser production. I also analyse this urea fertiliser using sophisticated analytical equipments in the laboratory, in order to deliver quality as well as standard products to the customers, which are basically the farmers.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 3:43pm On Nov 13, 2021
emmanuelle27:
Hello e-brethren, I humbly seek your options, for a biology graduate who works as a sales rep in a Telecom company, going for Ms biology and intending to become a university lecturer, I'm looking for a good way to establish ties since I'm definitely not coming back to this my current job(sales rep) as it isn't related. In your subjective opinions, does telling the VO you wanna come back to your University to become a Lecturer establish enough home ties? Or what will y'all rather suggest, Pls help, @Twoods, NigerPilot ....

Check the 600 + page here...
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ashraf267(m): 3:58pm On Nov 13, 2021
Hi, you can try Minot State University.
I don't think they give scholarships to international undergraduate students sha.
But their tuition is like $17K per annum.
Lustre23:
Good afternoon everyone here.
I just started this thread last night and im still trying to read up
I see all the good works yall are doing thanks and God bless �
Please o you people should help me im getting tired and frustrated �
I have been delayed so much because of strikes and other things. I'm currently in 200l studying mls. And I want to go to the US as a transfer student.
What are my chases of getting in?
What valid reason can I give to the VO officer as my reason for going
How do i fill my DS-160 to make it look convincing to the VO
Are there cheap schools I can apply to?
Are there undergraduate scholarships available?
Please i need help
You people should come to my aid
Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by emmanuelle27: 4:06pm On Nov 13, 2021
Potbellied:

I think it does establish enough home ties; though I feel it will be more nice to say you have a verbal agreement already with your Alma mata/faculty for the office of an assistant lecturer (or whatever position you think someone with your qualification qualifies for) upon the completion of your study.
I've read a transcript with here with something like that; and I think it worked.
thanks a lot man

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tiwasplug: 4:06pm On Nov 13, 2021
Canada2021:
fall 2022

Hi
Uni Arizona surely has their fall 2022 admission starting next month on their website.Or is there another uni of Arizona pls?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chynwem: 4:07pm On Nov 13, 2021
Please my good people, I need an answer to this o
Chynwem:

Me: I work as a quality assurance officer at XYZ company, my duties include sampling and carrying out various analysis on processed gases, lube oil, raw and processed water for urea fertiliser production. I also analyse this urea fertiliser using sophisticated analytical equipments in the laboratory, in order to deliver quality as well as standard products to the customers, which are basically the farmers.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Canada2021: 4:44pm On Nov 13, 2021
Tiwasplug:

Hi
Uni Arizona surely has their fall 2022 admission starting next month on their website.Or is there another uni of Arizona pls?
send me a Pm I will show you proof.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by tracker01(m): 4:55pm On Nov 13, 2021
Hello Fam! Please is there anyone schooling at University of New Haven or base in Connecticut? I would like to send a PM and get some Information.
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by banom(m): 7:07pm On Nov 13, 2021
Hello friends, I just got admitted into borough of Manhattan community college to study financial management (two years, associate degree ) . My plan is to move to zicklin school of business to study finance and investment ( full 4 years degree) after completing my associate degree program.

Now my question is being an associate degree instead of a full degree program,and also a community college instead a four years standard college, will I be able to secure a student Visa or will I be denied because I'm not going for a full degree program ?

Has anyone here secured student visa going for an associate degree instead of a full degree ?.

Thanks ,your answers and advice will be greatly appreciated.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by mhiztee15(f): 7:36pm On Nov 13, 2021
BoluwajiPieters:

boluwajipeter53@gmail.com

Thank you..
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by qotl: 7:46pm On Nov 13, 2021
tracker01:
Hello Fam! Please is there anyone schooling at University of New Haven or base in Connecticut? I would like to send a PM and get some Information.
Thanks

Hi,
I'm not schooling there yet; but I'll be resuming Jan 2022 by the grace of God.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Adejal: 7:51pm On Nov 13, 2021
Same here
qotl:

Hi,

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Morrisodo(m): 8:09pm On Nov 13, 2021
hello guys, please I would love to be added to the WhatsApp group chat. My number is 07056634020
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Christabel34: 8:46pm On Nov 13, 2021
When does SAT exam registration and exam commence 2022.
And who knows how much is involved?
Please I need an urgent and correct answer. smiley
Thanks ❤
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Jay5mie: 8:55pm On Nov 13, 2021
banom:
Hello friends, I just got admitted into borough of Manhattan community college to study financial management (two years, associate degree ) . My plan is to move to zicklin school of business to study finance and investment ( full 4 years degree) after completing my associate degree program.

Now my question is being an associate degree instead of a full degree program,and also a community college instead a four years standard college, will I be able to secure a student Visa or will I be denied because I'm not going for a full degree program ?

Has anyone here secured student visa going for an associate degree instead of a full degree ?.

Curious about this too.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Kidd4lyf: 9:06pm On Nov 13, 2021
McGV:
Congratulations bro. Thanks for the encouragement and comic relief. cheesy

Good day everyone, i would be having my f1 visa interview soon .
School : mcneese state university
Fees: 27000
Scholarship: 10000
Course : political science
Is there any tips i can get for this interview

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Approvalissure: 9:19pm On Nov 13, 2021
ashraf267:
Hi, you can try Minot State University.
I don't think they give scholarships to international undergraduate students sha.
But their tuition is like $17K per annum.

I thought Minot State University was a red flag school
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by tracker01(m): 9:22pm On Nov 13, 2021
qotl:

Hi,
Congrats and I’m glad to hear this. Please kindly link me up when you find someone schooling in the school.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Felixnyle: 9:23pm On Nov 13, 2021
Hmmmm my sop also gave me sleepless night and strangely I assisted some people here and outside NL to write and proofread for free. Writing mine then became an issue. I am 90% done.

seansifo:
Good morning my erudite fellow,

I'm having great difficulties drafting my statement of purpose. Those of us that have written ours should please kindly share it with us.

Am currently having sleepless night because of it. Please help a brother
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by emmanuelle27: 9:37pm On Nov 13, 2021
banom:

Tell the VO exactly what you said here, how u wish to go on to a university to study finance, I have read were someone said this same thing on this forum and it worked, I think they understand that any ambitious AS degree holder will want to finish it up at a proper University, so in my opinion you're good to go, but then I hope you're still a teenager and you don't already have a bachelor's degree?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chynwem: 9:49pm On Nov 13, 2021
I need help here please
Chynwem:

Me: I work as a quality assurance officer at XYZ company, my duties include sampling and carrying out various analysis on process gases, lube oil, raw and processed water for urea fertiliser production. I also analyse this urea fertiliser using sophisticated analytical equipments in the laboratory, in order to deliver quality as well as standard products to the customers, which are basically the farmers.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by mancinho(f): 9:51pm On Nov 13, 2021
Good day Gent's,

My cousin mistakenly submitted the emergency request without attaching any supporting document. Please is there any opportunity to add those documents?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by mojolajesu(m): 9:57pm On Nov 13, 2021
Hi guys I need a little help, please.

I am on the verge of applying for my F1. I have acquired a loan worth $50k which I already made plans to pay the company back when I get to the US.

I am hoping that the VO will not ask me what are my plans for payback.

SHould in case he does, do you have any idea on how to put it so as not to reveal that I would be staying back eventually.

Also, how is it best to answer "do you have siblings in the US" when you have them? should you say yes or deny it?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Swerveking14: 10:00pm On Nov 13, 2021
Can u explain what a red flag school is to me, because to my knowledge, that school is fully accredited by the HLC. So when I see people tag a uni red flag I’m always curious to know what y’all mean
Approvalissure:

I thought Minot State University was a red flag school
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NigPatriot(m): 10:27pm On Nov 13, 2021
mojolajesu:
Hi guys I need a little help, please.

I am on the verge of applying for my F1. I have acquired a loan worth $50k which I already made plans to pay the company back when I get to the US.

I am hoping that the VO will not ask me what are my plans for payback.

SHould in case he does, do you have any idea on how to put it so as not to reveal that I would be staying back eventually.

Also, how is it best to answer "do you have siblings in the US" when you have them? should you say yes or deny it?

Hi,
You've taken a good step by already obtaining a loan prior to your interview, trust me the VO would be impressed by that. Your plan in paying back should be embedded in what your plan to do when you're back. If this degree is actually worth it then the the Return on investment (ROI) should get you way more than this supposed loan. Look out for the very best companies in this your field here in Nigeria, and importantly tie a position which you'll come back to take. Loans can spread up to 20 years, 50 years and even a lifetime before they are completely paid off. The VO knows this, even most US citizens rack up students loans that even last their lifetime. Just have a plan of payback, based on the role this new degree would give you here in Nigeria. Don't just 'hope" not to be asked, that's you leaving your life to chance.

On the question of, If you have siblings in the USA. People have lied about it and gotten away with it. Doesn't mean your case would be similar. It's always advisable to be transparent. You just have to know what they're doing there, what state they're in and in most cases they might ask how they got there. Especially if it's an immediate relative.

All the best.
May the odds favor you.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Jay5mie: 10:42pm On Nov 13, 2021
emmanuelle27:
Tell the VO exactly what you said here, how u wish to go on to a university to study finance, I have read were someone said this same thing on this forum and it worked, I think they understand that any ambitious AS degree holder will want to finish it up at a proper University, so in my opinion you're good to go, but then I hope you're still a teenager and you don't already have a bachelor's degree?

In my case, I'm 27 and have a BSC
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by mojolajesu(m): 11:56pm On Nov 13, 2021
Wow!!!!!!

I am utterly amazed at your response. Thank you so much for taking the time to put these words together.

You have just added to my strength.

Bless up brotherly!!!
NigPatriot:

Hi,
You've taken a good step by already obtaining a loan prior to your interview, trust me the VO would be impressed by that. Your plan in paying back should be embedded in what your plan to do when you're back. If this degree is actually worth it then the the Return on investment (ROI) should get you way more than this supposed loan. Look out for the very best companies in this your field here in Nigeria, and importantly tie a position which you'll come back to take. Loans can spread up to 20 years, 50 years and even a lifetime before they are completely paid off. The VO knows this, even most US citizens rack up students loans that even last their lifetime. Just have a plan of payback, based on the role this new degree would give you here in Nigeria. Don't just 'hope" not to be asked, that's you leaving your life to chance.

On the question of, If you have siblings in the USA. People have lied about it and gotten away with it. Doesn't mean your case would be similar. It's always advisable to be transparent. You just have to know what they're doing there, what state they're in and in most cases they might ask how they got there. Especially if it's an immediate relative.

All the best.
May the odds favor you.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (567) (568) (569) (570) (571) (572) (573) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: Blackfinegirl(f)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.