Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,126 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:19 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (620) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1641781 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (617) (618) (619) (620) (621) (622) (623) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Kaygirl33: 6:38pm On Dec 02, 2021
Ogunyomi007:
I got my visa approved yesterday at Lagos Embassy.

Transcript was so short

VO: Good Afternoon
Me: Good afternoon sir
VO: Where are you going
Me: I am going to the US for my bachelors degree in Bioengineering and Biomedical engineering.
VO: why this course ?
Me: bioengineering and biomedical engineering improves human health by applying engineering to medical problems
VO: who is sponsoring you?
Me: my parent
VO: what do they do?
Me: my father is a civil engineer and also in real estate management and mom a medical consultant for xzy and she also owns a lab.
VO: oh I see a family of engineering.
VO: did you know about Ohio weather. How will you cope with that ?
Me: I am already preparing for that sir.
VO: I see you are too young for this course and he gave me the white paper.

Mehn Pray and have faith.
I thank everyone here.
I was the second to the last person inside the room.
Congratulations dear
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Walspring: 6:44pm On Dec 02, 2021
Yuppie96:
@walspring
Good morning please here’s my mail myyuppiegurl@gmail.com
I need help with SEVIS fee

Check your mail ASAP
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chiremi(m): 6:56pm On Dec 02, 2021
I feel a good application depends on the information in your I-20, and being able to defend it well.

Breazybeatz:

How can one prepare a "good application" like yours?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by wue1: 7:20pm On Dec 02, 2021
Please good day house am applying for msc engineering management I’ve applied for some schools have not been able to get graduate assistantship for spring don’t know if am applying to the wrong schools my profile is b.tech 3.21/4 and Gre 320 how do I increase my chances and anybody gotten ga in engineering management or is ga and available for this particular course am thinking of changing course please someone should help me with experience in this field
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chynwem: 7:44pm On Dec 02, 2021
Please how do one answer the question " why have you not done your masters all these years that's someone that graduated since 2013.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by BadmusYemi(f): 8:47pm On Dec 02, 2021
Hello good people. I want to pursue a master with my BSc in marketing (Benin Republic), HND in Business administration and currently doing a PGD in Education which I hope to complete by early/mid 2022. In Which school can I get to achieve this dream and how can I go about it?
Also, I am married with kids and I intend to relocate with my family should it work out. Thanks in advance.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Miaanita(f): 8:58pm On Dec 02, 2021
Goodevening guys.. pls I have expedited appointment for Monday at Abuja embassy.. I just got a random email this morning that the appointment has been rescheduled for January next year Just few days to my interview date. This is quite strange pls. What could be the cause cos am stil worried up till now
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Neffy(f): 9:02pm On Dec 02, 2021
My Visa got denied yesterday at Lagos embassy...was for 11am
The male officer at desk 1
VO: Good morning
Me: Good morning
VO: Why are you going to the US
Me: I am going to the US to pursue my bach. degree in accounting at Bleep uni
VO: how did u know about the school
Me: I made a research on schools that offers accounting programs and I came across Idaho State University
VO: when did u finish high school
Me: 2013
VO: what have you been doing?
Me: I did my diploma and I got a job at xxxx and I've been working there till date
VO: Have u travelled abroad before
Me: yes
VO: where
Me: Ben. Republic
VO: I can see you have no funding, who will u pay this huge amount $37k, who is sponsoring you
Me: my mum
VO: what does she do
Me: she's a data processing officer at University of Benin teaching hospital and also an event planner
VO: Oh ok.....after typing, where does she work again
Me: I repeated
VO: Hands me a blue paper, u r not qualified.....bla bla bla

Pls aside from d period I finished high school and now....wats d problem here

And I want to apply again, can I still apply for surge date since I already used one
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nanthediverse: 9:21pm On Dec 02, 2021
I just got admission from University of Wisconsin Milwaukee. The next step is visa and this is my 3rd time. Been denied 2 times and I'm 20yrs old. This time around it's not my parents who is sponsoring me. During lockdown last year we were doing community services, teaching kids how to read and write in the villages and this actually got me a full time scholarship from my local government to do my bachelor's in economics abroad. How do I go about it? I'm happy and confused.
What paperwork do I need to get from the local government while going for interview?
Or should I inform the school that the government is sponsoring me?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Abiodunakinade2(f): 9:22pm On Dec 02, 2021
Please how can i change my dependent's DS-160 confirmation pin on CGI federal?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Queengel: 9:32pm On Dec 02, 2021
sourkandi:
Hi guys!
So I had my interview on Monday at Abuja, time slot was 9:15 but after all the processes and screening I had to go through, I was interviewed around 10:30.
VO was a handsome young man in his early 30s, slim, tall, blond hair, blue eyes.
Me:Good morning
VO:Good morning. So we are going to begin with you placing your fingers on the fingerprint scanner.
(Scanned my fingers and the real deal started)
VO: Pass me your documents
Me:Passes them
VO:Have you ever travelled out of Nigeria before?
Me:No I haven't
VO: When did you finish your SSCE?
Me:The November of 2020
VO:What have you been doing since then?
Me: I started learning new languages because I believe communication is important.
VO: Okay, name one of them
Mesadsmiling underneath my mask) Korean
VO: (smiling) why?
Me: (laughing) Because I really like K-dramas
VOsadsmiles) okay, so why Marymount University?
Me:Okay, Marymount is a small school with big ideas, apart from their excellent biochemistry program, the school is a small school which for me I think is important so international students can become easily acclimated to the culture in the US and overall, I have been in contact with the school and they have been really nice and eager for me to attend.
VO:Okay,so do you have any family in Virginia or anywhere in the US?
Me: I do not have any family in Virginia but my great grandmother's stepbrother lives in California.
VO:Okay, so what do you plan to do when you return?
Me: Okay, I plan to take up a job as a clinical biochemist at UPTH since Nigeria is really in need of those.
VO: I see you have a Deans Award, who is going to pay yout deficit?(Traces my sponsor's name on my I-20). Is that your mom or dad?
Me: My dad.
VO:And what does he do?
Me:He is a business man who buys and sells cars. He also owns a poultry and cassava farm.
VO:Okay, everything looks right with your application(picks up the white paper). This contains details in how to pick up your passport and um, keep yout I-20 well, you'll need it at the point of entry.
You haven't been outside Nigeria in the past two weeks right?
Me:Yes. (Nodding like an agama lizard) Thank you!
Collected my docs and sprinted out.
I wished everybody I met after that a lovely day because of happiness.

TIPS
DRESS COMFORTABLY. I saw people who over dressed and still got denied. Even a guy who wore a complete 3 piece suit with a hat got denied.
CONFIDENCE IS KEY. This was probably the hardest part for me because I am very shy. You can be talking to me and I'll be replying the ground. Work on your eye contact and try to keep your voice and upper body stable since they can't see your legs.
BE HONEST
BE EARLY AND ENSURE YOU HAVE ALL YOUR DOCUMENTS AND PASSPORT PHOTOGRAPH( in the correct dimensions). I even carried an affidavit, since me and my dad don't share the same surname.
PRAY PRAY PRAY. I prayed and kept on reciting 2 Timothy 1:7 till it was my turn.
The VO that interviewed me denied two people before me but mine was approved.
FILL YOUR DS-160 BY YOURSELF.
ASK YOURSELF IF YOU SOUND CONVINCING AND IF YOUR INFORMATION AND APPLICATION SEEMS RIGHT.
BELIEVE!
I just collected my passport here in Port Harcourt and I am so elated.
I wish everyone here success.
congratulations to you my dear please is your admission full funding if yes please what is the name of the school
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Kaygirl33: 9:40pm On Dec 02, 2021
sourkandi:
Hi guys!

VO was a handsome young man in his early 30s, slim, tall, blond hair, blue eyes.
TIPS
DRESS COMFORTABLY. I saw people who over dressed and still got denied. Even a guy who wore a complete 3 piece suit with a hat got denied.
CONFIDENCE IS KEY. This was probably the hardest part for me because I am very shy. You can be talking to me and I'll be replying the ground. Work on your eye contact and try to keep your voice and upper body stable since they can't see your legs.
BE HONEST
BE EARLY AND ENSURE YOU HAVE ALL YOUR DOCUMENTS AND PASSPORT PHOTOGRAPH( in the correct dimensions). I even carried an affidavit, since me and my dad don't share the same surname.
PRAY PRAY PRAY. I prayed and kept on reciting 2 Timothy 1:7 till it was my turn.
ASK YOURSELF IF YOU SOUND CONVINCING AND IF YOUR INFORMATION AND APPLICATION SEEMS RIGHT.
BELIEVE!
Congratulations Bro. I'm so happy for you.
Please, did you mention your grandmother's step brother in your DS-160? Just want to know, thanks.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by patrona92: 9:55pm On Dec 02, 2021
Hello everyone please am a passive reader here my interview is for next week can someone help me here to prepare. Like a mock interview
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by mojolajesu(m): 10:24pm On Dec 02, 2021
hmmm

Does that mean Abuja is no longer interviewing again this year
Miaanita:
Goodevening guys.. pls I have expedited appointment for Monday at Abuja embassy.. I just got a random email this morning that the appointment has been rescheduled for January next year Just few days to my interview date. This is quite strange pls. What could be the cause cos am stil worried up till now
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by barbieburl: 10:28pm On Dec 02, 2021
Hello, make sure you fill in something about this scholarship in your ds160, the employment section under details. Could be something like 'I worked on so and so project and the lg offered me a merit-based scholarship to further train me in the area of (insert industry)
For documents, I don't think the LG would offer a statement so be sure to get a letter from them. Notarized if you can. Also inform the school since your sponsor details will reflect on your i20. Pls consider this an opportunity to show home ties and act accordingly.
Nanthediverse:
I just got admission from University of Wisconsin Milwaukee. The next step is visa and this is my 3rd time. Been denied 2 times and I'm 20yrs old. This time around it's not my parents who is sponsoring me. During lockdown last year we were doing community services, teaching kids how to read and write in the villages and this actually got me a full time scholarship from my local government to do my bachelor's in economics abroad. How do I go about it? I'm happy and confused.
What paperwork do I need to get from the local government while going for interview?
Or should I inform the school that the government is sponsoring me?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Omoola11: 10:29pm On Dec 02, 2021
Same here. Please anyone that can help with mock
Thank you

patrona92:
Hello everyone please am a passive reader here my interview is for next week can someone help me here to prepare. Like a mock interview
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ritaalvin: 10:30pm On Dec 02, 2021
Hello
Good evening everyone, I have applied for emergency appointment to the Lagos embassy since last week but no reply yet.
Please someone should help me �
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by OlawumiCecilia: 10:40pm On Dec 02, 2021
Abiodunakinade2:
Please how can i change my dependent's DS-160 confirmation pin on CGI federal?

Call the embassy. They would change it.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by OlawumiCecilia: 10:44pm On Dec 02, 2021
Hello nairalanders,

Pls I need cheap hotels i can lodge in Abuja for my interview. Kindly suggest
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Kiiishiii: 11:07pm On Dec 02, 2021
Please if you have an interview for the 8th of December in Lagos please quote me or drop your email or number. Thank you

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Omotola222: 12:08am On Dec 03, 2021
Hi guys, pls I got my I-20 form today which it’s written on it that section commence 3rd of January. And I already send a mail to the school yesterday immediately I receive the admission letter that i need them to defer my admission to March/April but to my surprise I receive the i-20 form today.. I want to know if I can still write them again to defer the admission and also send me another I-20 form…

I would also need advise about my sponsor my uncle in the USA is my sponsor (he is a police officer ) which his SOA I submitted to the school has about $52k in it and the tuition fee is just $21k. My question now is having my sponsor in the US won’t be a red flag…. And my sponsor staying in Maryland which the school is about 2hrs 30mins away from the school won’t be a red flag also….
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by patrona92: 12:44am On Dec 03, 2021
[quote author=Kiiishiii Please if you have an interview for the 8th of December in Lagos please quote me or drop your email or number. Thank you [/quote] patronaconcepts@gmail.com
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Anavamii: 12:45am On Dec 03, 2021
Good evening everyone,
Please a friend of mine was not granted visa twice last month, he is a lawyer and going for an MPA program without funding.
He just got admitted to another school for LLM fall 2022 with funding. To cover the deficit, he has to upload his Mum’s statement of account. The issue now is can he upload the statement he used this year? The statement is from April 2021 to October 2021. Will he also be able to take the same statement to the embassy for his interview next year. Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Adewaale: 1:00am On Dec 03, 2021
Hey! If I may ask, what was your Nigerian GPA?

wue1:
Please good day house am applying for msc engineering management I’ve applied for some schools have not been able to get graduate assistantship for spring don’t know if am applying to the wrong schools my profile is b.tech 3.21/4 and Gre 320 how do I increase my chances and anybody gotten ga in engineering management or is ga and available for this particular course am thinking of changing course please someone should help me with experience in this field
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by mcafeez: 1:08am On Dec 03, 2021
Systrom:

The man has not recovered yet. So painful

It is sad though

The above actually cracks me up....

Systrom:
Factos! Don’t blame yourself

By the way, it’s not only Lagos. Abuja Embassy has joined in the denial madness

It seems the US department of state had a resolution to make visa approvals harder for Nigerians

A colleague of mine going for PHD. Had a full scholarship and spoke so well, but they denied him in Nov

The man has not recovered yet. So painful
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Dunzg: 1:50am On Dec 03, 2021
Kiiishiii:
Please if you have an interview for the 8th of December in Lagos please quote me or drop your email or number. Thank you

I do from the surge appointment
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Kiiishiii: 5:13am On Dec 03, 2021
Dunzg:

I do from the surge appointment

Please drop your email address or your number
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Kiiishiii: 5:13am On Dec 03, 2021
[quote author=patrona92 post=108162776][/quote]

Please drop your email address or number
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by sparkleboy(m): 5:56am On Dec 03, 2021
I think it boils down to the source of funding
I don’t think it’s convincing enough.
Saying your Mum’s job can pay $37k doesn’t sound realistic
Neffy:
My Visa got denied yesterday at Lagos embassy...was for 11am
The male officer at desk 1
VO: Good morning
Me: Good morning
VO: Why are you going to the US
Me: I am going to the US to pursue my bach. degree in accounting at Bleep uni
VO: how did u know about the school
Me: I made a research on schools that offers accounting programs and I came across Idaho State University
VO: when did u finish high school
Me: 2013
VO: what have you been doing?
Me: I did my diploma and I got a job at xxxx and I've been working there till date
VO: Have u travelled abroad before
Me: yes
VO: where
Me: Ben. Republic
VO: I can see you have no funding, who will u pay this huge amount $37k, who is sponsoring you
Me: my mum
VO: what does she do
Me: she's a data processing officer at University of Benin teaching hospital and also an event planner
VO: Oh ok.....after typing, where does she work again
Me: I repeated
VO: Hands me a blue paper, u r not qualified.....bla bla bla

Pls aside from d period I finished high school and now....wats d problem here

And I want to apply again, can I still apply for surge date since I already used one
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by kelechi1771: 6:02am On Dec 03, 2021
sourkandi:
Hi guys!
So I had my interview on Monday at Abuja, time slot was 9:15 but after all the processes and screening I had to go through, I was interviewed around 10:30.
VO:Good morning. So we are going to begin with you placing your fingers on the fingerprint scanner.
(Scanned my fingers and the real deal started)
VO: Pass me your documents
Me:Passes them
VO:Have you ever travelled out of Nigeria before?
Me:No I haven't
VO: When did you finish your SSCE?
Me:The November of 2020
VO:What have you been doing since then?
Me: I started learning new languages because I believe communication is important.
VO: Okay, name one of them
Mesadsmiling underneath my mask) Korean
VO: (smiling) why?
Me: (laughing) Because I really like K-dramas
VOsadsmiles) okay, so why Marymount University?
Me:Okay, Marymount is a small school with big ideas, apart from their excellent biochemistry program, the school is a small school which for me I think is important so international students can become easily acclimated to the culture in the US and overall, I have been in contact with the school and they have been really nice and eager for me to attend.
VO:Okay,so do you have any family in Virginia or anywhere in the US?
Me: I do not have any family in Virginia but my great grandmother's stepbrother lives in California.
VO:Okay, so what do you plan to do when you return?
Me: Okay, I plan to take up a job as a clinical biochemist at UPTH since Nigeria is really in need of those.
VO: I see you have a Deans Award, who is going to pay yout deficit?(Traces my sponsor's name on my I-20). Is that your mom or dad?
Me: My dad.
VO:And what does he do?
Me:He is a business man who buys and sells cars. He also owns a poultry and cassava farm.
VO:Okay, everything looks right with your application(picks up the white paper). This contains details in how to pick up your passport and um, keep yout I-20 well, you'll need it at the point of entry.
You haven't been outside Nigeria in the past two weeks right?
Me:Yes. (Nodding like an agama lizard) Thank you!
Collected my docs and sprinted out.
I wished everybody I met after that a lovely day because of happiness.

TIPS
BE HONEST
BELIEVE!
Guy i know say you dey port harcourt. Abeg i dey ph too we fit link up talk. Drop your number or this is mine: 08021197819
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by tmann626(m): 7:03am On Dec 03, 2021
Dunzg:

I just want to know if the dates just automatically adjusts on their system since it has not changed on my profile
it depends. Mine didn't adjust but I cancelled my initial appointment after I finished the surge interview.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Pio123: 7:09am On Dec 03, 2021
Bro please is it possible to get Scholarship from Missouri State University with a SAT score of 1000. Please I need your reply urgently. And I heard there is no application fee
dydx2020:

How about obtaining I-20 form. Can I email them that I will send it later ? Will I get my I-20. ,?

(1) (2) (3) ... (617) (618) (619) (620) (621) (622) (623) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: haibeehae, solewanderer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.