Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,366 members, 7,815,784 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:18 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (621) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1642827 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (618) (619) (620) (621) (622) (623) (624) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Olufemi1400: 7:27am On Dec 03, 2021
Good morning, I initially had a date for Abuja on the 8th of December but I received a mail this morning telling me my date had been rescheduled till February 2022, even though I didn't reschedule my date and on my portal, I saw that my appointment date had been changed also. Please can you suggest the next steps I can take?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nanthediverse: 7:48am On Dec 03, 2021
barbieburl:
Hello, make sure you fill in something about this scholarship in your ds160, the employment section under details. Could be something like 'I worked on so and so project and the lg offered me a merit-based scholarship to further train me in the area of (insert industry)
For documents, I don't think the LG would offer a statement so be sure to get a letter from them. Notarized if you can. Also inform the school since your sponsor details will reflect on your i20. Pls consider this an opportunity to show home ties and act accordingly.

I sent you an email. Please reply
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Systrom(m): 8:18am On Dec 03, 2021
Neffy:
My Visa got denied yesterday at Lagos embassy...was for 11am
The male officer at desk 1
VO: Good morning
Me: Good morning
VO: Why are you going to the US
Me: I am going to the US to pursue my bach. degree in accounting at Bleep uni
VO: how did u know about the school
Me: I made a research on schools that offers accounting programs and I came across Idaho State University
VO: when did u finish high school
Me: 2013
VO: what have you been doing?
Me: I did my diploma and I got a job at xxxx and I've been working there till date
VO: Have u travelled abroad before
Me: yes
VO: where
Me: Ben. Republic
VO: I can see you have no funding, who will u pay this huge amount $37k, who is sponsoring you
Me: my mum
VO: what does she do
Me: she's a data processing officer at University of Benin teaching hospital and also an event planner
VO: Oh ok.....after typing, where does she work again
Me: I repeated
VO: Hands me a blue paper, u r not qualified.....bla bla bla

Pls aside from d period I finished high school and now....wats d problem here

And I want to apply again, can I still apply for surge date since I already used one
The VO doesn’t believe that a data processing officer at a University Teaching hospital would be able to churn out $37k (N21 million) every year to pay for your studies. That means in your 4 years of schooling, your mom will pay 85M as school fees. That’s why he asked you twice what your mom does

Also, it’s very hard to get visa if you finished high school a long time ago and you are just going for Bachelor’s degree. You finished high school 8 years ago. Nah, they would rather approve someone who finished this year.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Neffy(f): 8:21am On Dec 03, 2021
sparkleboy:
I think it boils down to the source of funding
I don’t think it’s convincing enough.
Saying your Mum’s job can pay $37k doesn’t sound realistic

Thank you so much....

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chynwem: 8:42am On Dec 03, 2021
Please guys help me with an answer.
Chynwem:
Please how do one answer the question " why have you not done your masters all these years that's someone that graduated since 2013.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 8:56am On Dec 03, 2021
Chynwem:
If you have been working since then, say it and that you couldn't combine tight work schedule with schooling.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by barbieburl: 9:08am On Dec 03, 2021
What course are you going for and what have you been doing since graduation?
Chynwem:
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by AbleGod2015: 9:46am On Dec 03, 2021
[quote author=patrona92 post=108162776][/quote]
jamesoluseye@yahoo.com
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by femo4greatness(m): 9:55am On Dec 03, 2021
Olufemi1400:
Good morning, I initially had a date for Abuja on the 8th of December but I received a mail this morning telling me my date had been rescheduled till February 2022, even though I didn't reschedule my date and on my portal, I saw that my appointment date had been changed also. Please can you suggest the next steps I can take?

Have you submitted your DS-160 form?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ritaalvin: 9:57am On Dec 03, 2021
Ritaalvin:
Hello
Good evening everyone, I have applied for emergency appointment to the Lagos embassy since last week but no reply yet.
Please someone should help me �

Someone should help me please ���
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by OlawumiCecilia: 9:59am On Dec 03, 2021
Olufemi1400:

Same situation.

Very sad
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by OlawumiCecilia: 10:12am On Dec 03, 2021
Pls I need email for surge date in Abuja

Pls!!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chairperson: 10:33am On Dec 03, 2021
Chairperson:
Biko i need help oh! My husband's fee payment reciept is still tied to his old DS160 that we filled some months ago. He has filled a new DS160 and wants to attach the receipt to this new ds160. I've tried to call the non-immigrant visa office for help in fixing this problem but no one answers the phone or responds to the live chat. Please what can we do abeg
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by mojolajesu(m): 10:45am On Dec 03, 2021
hi, you don’t use your DS-160 code when paying for visa fee. You only tie it to your VISA application.

So as long as he hasn’t applied before, he might not have a problem [quote author=Chairperson post=108171612][/quote]
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by sourkandi: 10:51am On Dec 03, 2021
Queengel:
congratulations to you my dear please is your admission full funding if yes please what is the name of the school

Thank you. It's not a full scholarship oo. I have a 30,781 deficit- 20,500 being what I owe the school and the rest for my upkeep.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by sourkandi: 10:55am On Dec 03, 2021
Kaygirl33:

Congratulations Bro. I'm so happy for you.
Please, did you mention your grandmother's step brother in your DS-160? Just want to know, thanks.

Thank you! Yes, while filling the DS-160 I filled yes to the 'Do you have "other" relatives in the US' after filling no to the 'Do you have relatives, including parents, in the US"
It's kinda confusing the way I tried to explain it but I hope you understand.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ogunyomi007: 11:37am On Dec 03, 2021
[quote author=TheBanker23 post=108145116]

Congrats bro. Sorry, if I may ask, how old are you?[/quote

The last number on your name boss.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ogunyomi007: 11:40am On Dec 03, 2021
[quote author=zanyt post=108145795]Congratulations!!!!

Please was your interview a SURGE appointment?

Yes sir
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by samuel321: 11:43am On Dec 03, 2021
[quote author=Ogunyomi007 post=108173576][/quote]

What year did you finished secondary school, We’ve been hearing people say if you’ve been out of high school for over 5yrs that it reduces the chance of getting a visa
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by nwaugo: 11:51am On Dec 03, 2021
Good morning house, please house I want to apply for F 1 visa since yesterday night but it refuse to create CGI profile for me. Please is there a new site for that, it keep on telling me that the administration has been alert that it can't process it. Please help your sister.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chynwem: 11:53am On Dec 03, 2021
Chemistry. Been working in a chemical laboratory.
barbieburl:
What course are you going for and what have you been doing since graduation?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Kiiishiii: 12:01pm On Dec 03, 2021
I’ve been getting a notice that people want to send me mails but I’m not connected and I don’t know how to go about that. My email address is I.talabi@yahoo.com. Please you can message me there. My appointment is for December 8.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by tasho105(m): 12:16pm On Dec 03, 2021
[quote author=patrona92 post=108162776][/quote]

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by barbieburl: 12:29pm On Dec 03, 2021
Ok. Try either or both:

- you have noticed over time that experience alone won't get you into a leadership role, that people with advanced degrees get promoted faster. You already have the experience but the masters degree will put you in a better position and make you competitive.

- You are only just getting it now because you wanted to gain experience and properly understand the area you wish to specialize in before you make the investment. Now you are ready to specialize and the masters is your first step towards that.

Don't be lax in filling your ds160 too. Be sure to frame your current work in a way that makes sense for the masters.
Chynwem:
Chemistry. Been working in a chemical laboratory.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ogunyomi007: 12:46pm On Dec 03, 2021
[b][/b]
samuel321:

What year did you finished secondary school, We’ve been hearing people say if you’ve been out of high school for over 5yrs that it reduces the chance of getting a visa

But I when to Laspotech for ND 2018
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Kaygirl33: 12:49pm On Dec 03, 2021
sourkandi:

Thank you! Yes, while filling the DS-160 I filled yes to the 'Do you have "other" relatives in the US' after filling no to the 'Do you have relatives, including parents, in the US"
It's kinda confusing the way I tried to explain it but I hope you understand.
Yes. I do understand. Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Renashelly: 1:06pm On Dec 03, 2021
Pls house help me out. It’s urgent.
I applied for associate of science but on my I-20, I see English proficiency.

When I get to the embassy and am asked the program I am going to study , pls what will I say.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibekej: 1:08pm On Dec 03, 2021
Kiiishiii:
Please if you have an interview for the 8th of December in Lagos please quote me or drop your email or number. Thank you
I have o
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by HDwayne: 1:14pm On Dec 03, 2021
Gurus in the house should please help me look into my transcript and can I still get a closer date in Lagos coz I want to reapply.quote author=HDwayne post=108147203]Visa denied in Lagos Dec 1.

COA: 20k
No funding
MBA: Finance mgt and Investment
Widow 1: A male vo, looks like he’s in his mid 30’s

Vo; Why this school ?
Me; I did some extensive research on schools that offer MBA program in the USA with the best details course outline and I must say that LU curriculum align with my career goals and objectives. The school is known for producing world class managerial alumni. Lu has a student faculty ratio of 16:1 which enable students to have access to a pool of qualified professors, this help students get the support they need to achieve academic excellence. The tuition is also affordable, it’s inline with my dad’s budget for my studies.

Vo;How did you hear about this school?
Me: it was recommended by a prof from the uni i graduated from and I also carried out some research.

Vo; what’s your undergraduate degree?
Me; Bsc Bus-admin

Vo; where do you work ?
Me: I work at xxxxxx as a sales and account officer.

Vo; How long have you been working ?
Me; 4yrs

Vo; why do you choose to go for an MBA now ?
Me; for my career progression and I currently work in a competitive organization, for anyone to get promotion you’d need an added education qualification.

Vo; Why a university in the USA ?
Me; It’s a known fact that a degree in the USA is well respected and highly ranked.

Vo; who’s paying for this ?
Me; My dad, he has a logistic company, he sells automobiles he also has farms and feed mill industry.

Vo; have you ever traveled out of Nigeria?
Me; not in the last 5yrs, but I have been to Benin Rep where I got my first degree.

Vo; types for some seconds, then he said I don’t think you’re eligible right now, passes the blue paper.

Truth me told, I was nervous all through the process.

Pls, aside the fact that I was nervous is there anything wrong with my transcript ?. I want to reapply, how do I go about it ? My program start on the 19th of January.[/quote]
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Trevon91: 1:30pm On Dec 03, 2021
Guys, my visa got denied Nov 30th,please how can I reapply as no date is showing on the portal.
School resumes 7th of January. Kindly help a brother house
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Kiiishiii: 1:32pm On Dec 03, 2021
Is there anyone going to Bowie state university for Spring admission?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Kiiishiii: 1:32pm On Dec 03, 2021
Trevon91:
Guys, my visa got denied Nov 30th,please how can I reapply as no date is showing on the portal.
School resumes 7th of January. Kindly help a brother house

I think you have to pay another MRV fee

(1) (2) (3) ... (618) (619) (620) (621) (622) (623) (624) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.