Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (752) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1647359 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (749) (750) (751) (752) (753) (754) (755) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Sakasitay(m): 9:31pm On Feb 11, 2022
Interview for 15th March - just at the 11th hour.
I go scale am !

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by nwaugo: 10:15pm On Feb 11, 2022
vireks:

Yes, I reached out to ask if he had funding to support new graduate students and showed him how my research interest aligned with his. Before I was offered the admission. I did some research on schools that were doing good work in my research area and reached out to faculties of those schools. Cold email technique.

Okay, Thanks

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ladybii: 10:46pm On Feb 11, 2022
Hi good evening , please if one has 2 kids ages 8 and 7 , and in the case where my husband can't go with me because of work and can only be visiting once once , can I apply f2 for my mum and kids, so my mum can be watching my kids while am schooling. Pls help with suggestions. And also is there anyone doing msc in accounting with a school that offers scholarship,can the person share information pls
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by IntrovertGuy: 11:35pm On Feb 11, 2022
Sakasitay:
I go scale am !

Are you going for Summer or Fall '22?

Wishing you Success.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Bigsecret(f): 12:09am On Feb 12, 2022
SimpleGuy001:

Hello Ma’am, I studied accounting at undergraduate level and I’ll like to study abroad through the graduate assistantship so I can fund my studies with it. Thinking to major in anything finance and business, please what school would you recommend?
for master’s in accounting check out:

University of Arizona
University of South Carolina
The Ohio State University

I hope this helps you!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by SimpleGuy001: 3:15am On Feb 12, 2022
Bigsecret:
for master’s in accounting check out:

University of Arizona
University of South Carolina
The Ohio State University

I hope this helps you!

Thanks so much for this. But I have just one last question. Regarding the graduate assistantship, does it also take care of your living expenses (rent, food etc). I believe they provide stipends, does it cover all these? Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Adeboy700: 3:30am On Feb 12, 2022
Good morning guys, I want to ask if age and marriage does determine in the visa application process, I just got admission and I will be 33 by October and I am not yet married, please what are my chances.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Bigsecret(f): 3:52am On Feb 12, 2022
SimpleGuy001:

Thanks so much for this. But I have just one last question. Regarding the graduate assistantship, does it also take care of your living expenses (rent, food etc). I believe they provide stipends, does it cover all these? Thanks
they provide stipends, you should use your stipends to feed.

Some assistantship provide housing but they are more of administrative assistantship
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by SimpleGuy001: 4:10am On Feb 12, 2022
Bigsecret:
they provide stipends, you should use your stipends to feed.

Some assistantship provide housing but they are more of administrative assistantship
So if they provide stipend to feed, I’ll have to provide housing myself, is it? Don’t they give hostels?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Bigsecret(f): 4:16am On Feb 12, 2022
SimpleGuy001:

So if they provide stipend to feed, I’ll have to provide housing myself, is it? Don’t they give hostels?
the stipends will cover feeding, housing and you will still have change. Okay!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by SimpleGuy001: 5:04am On Feb 12, 2022
Bigsecret:

Really nice, thanks so much

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tunnazboi: 6:18am On Feb 12, 2022
Can I use the same bank statement I got for my i20 to apply for visa interview considering the fact that there is gap in the time I got the i20 and interview date (yet to apply)
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ladybii: 7:24am On Feb 12, 2022
Ladybii:
Hi good evening , please if one has 2 kids ages 8 and 7 , and in the case where my husband can't go with me because of work and can only be visiting once once , can I apply f2 for my mum and kids, so my mum can be watching my kids while am schooling. Pls help with suggestions. And also is there anyone doing msc in accounting with a school that offers scholarship,can the person share information pls
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 7:24am On Feb 12, 2022
Potbellied:
@beejhay69, Please I have dropped you a message on the green app. Kindly reply when you deem fit.
Replied.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 7:25am On Feb 12, 2022
Tunnazboi:
Can I use the same bank statement I got for my i20 to apply for visa interview considering the fact that there is gap in the time I got the i20 and interview date (yet to apply)
Yes

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 7:27am On Feb 12, 2022
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Bigsecret(f): 7:36am On Feb 12, 2022
beejhay69:

I'm just greeting you.
oh! Okay… holla!!!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by BAZ001: 7:57am On Feb 12, 2022
Tunnazboi:

Your statement of account should be 6months to interview date.
If you interview date is July 3rd 2022 then your statement of account should be from January 2022 to June,

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by BAZ001: 8:01am On Feb 12, 2022
Ladybii:

Yes you will have to include your mother as part of you dependent.
Apply for your Hubby, Children and Mother
It will even be easier for you to get F2 for her and children if they know your hubby is not ready to leave Nigeria. That means you have a strong tie back home and all of you will come back

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Themaths(m): 8:07am On Feb 12, 2022
TabletMan:
Anyone please

I cannot send DM because I lost access to my mail.
But can you please forward the material to this email

Sent.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Themaths(m): 8:08am On Feb 12, 2022
ToughGuy111:
Thank you sir! I'v dm you.
I should have replied you by now.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 8:17am On Feb 12, 2022
Adeboy700:
Good morning guys, I want to ask if age and marriage does determine in the visa application process, I just got admission and I will be 33 by October and I am not yet married, please what are my chances.

No. No age ‘discrimination’ in the USA path., especially in the admission process. Just package your profile and apply to schools and get admits.

It might be ‘query’ during your visa interview, like the visa officer asking you “WHY ARE YOU GOING FOR Msc now?”, ofc, you would have prepared convincing answers before the embassy time.

Again, no age; race; relationship status palava during admission process. I’ve someone who get admits and now in the USA last year at 42. Yeah, everybody’s case is different but still don’t ‘fold’ because of your age, that’s the least thing to worry about.

Shoot boss!!

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 8:21am On Feb 12, 2022
Themaths:
I should have replied you by now.
Thank you sir.I'll check.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by JaySterling: 8:34am On Feb 12, 2022
Tunnazboi:
You don’t need statement of account for anything

They don’t check documents

You can go with any statement of account

There is a 300% chance that they won’t ask you for it

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 9:01am On Feb 12, 2022
Bigsecret:
oh! Okay… holla!!!
smiley
Your WhatsApp line not connecting.
Check email.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Canada2021: 9:11am On Feb 12, 2022
Good morning all,

Please I want to find out if its allowed to take more than one statement of account of my sponsor to the interview.

Like if my sponsor has accounts let us say in Bank A, B and C can I take the 3 statements on the day of the interview

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bukhety(f): 9:28am On Feb 12, 2022
I'm not sure you can use your mum as a dependant. In fact you will need to send your marriage certificate to confirm your spouse is indeed your partner. I will suggest you take your kids and apply for visiting visa for her later.

And 8 and 7 are not too young too. They will go to school too.
Ladybii:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 9:33am On Feb 12, 2022
Bigsecret:
Hello @BigSecret are there fullride scholarships for Law (J.D) students? Which would you like to recomend and how can I get one? Thanks in anticipation for your response?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Magma012: 9:36am On Feb 12, 2022
success ll the way.
drop transcript leta
Sakasitay:
I go scale am !

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by DarrrkMatter: 9:56am On Feb 12, 2022
Good Morning All
I graduated secondary school in July 2019
I gained admission immediately to one of the best universities in nigeria without help or connection
I'm currently in my second year studying mechanical engineering but truth be told... I'm tired and I've lost faith in the nigerian tertiary education system... fraud everywhere
I'm currently considering dropping out then starting all over abroad preferably Canada or USA
I'm still under 20 so age is still on my side
My WAEC RESULT : BIOLOGY B3
CHEMISTRY B3
CIVIC EDUCATION B3
DATA PROCESSING B3
ENGLISH LANGUAGE B3
FURTHER MATHEMATICS A1
GENERAL MATHEMATICS B2
PHYSICS C4
TECHNICAL DRAWING C6
What i keep thinking about now is the 3 years gap i now have since when I graduated secondary school... because I see some schools require no more than 2 years since graduating from high school

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by AdebolaNG: 9:58am On Feb 12, 2022
It’s that people don’t want to post visa approval/ refusal anymore or people aren’t going to for interview again !!!!!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by DarrrkMatter: 10:02am On Feb 12, 2022
DarrrkMatter:
Good Morning All
I graduated secondary school in July 2019
I gained admission immediately to one of the best universities in nigeria without help or connection
I'm currently in my second year studying mechanical engineering but truth be told... I'm tired and I've lost faith in the nigerian tertiary education system... fraud everywhere
I'm currently considering dropping out then starting all over abroad preferably Canada or USA
I'm still under 20 so age is still on my side
My WAEC RESULT : BIOLOGY B3
CHEMISTRY B3
CIVIC EDUCATION B3
DATA PROCESSING B3
ENGLISH LANGUAGE B3
FURTHER MATHEMATICS A1
GENERAL MATHEMATICS B2
PHYSICS C4
TECHNICAL DRAWING C6
What i keep thinking about now is the 3 years gap i now have since when I graduated secondary school... because I see some schools require no more than 2 years since graduating from high school

justwise

(1) (2) (3) ... (749) (750) (751) (752) (753) (754) (755) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.