Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,674 members, 7,816,770 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:45 PM

Who Makes The Most Sacrifice In The Home - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Who Makes The Most Sacrifice In The Home (10353 Views)

Poll: Who Sacrifices More?

Mother: 83% (138 votes)
Father: 16% (28 votes)
This poll has ended

Why Do Most Women Enjoy Humiliating Other Women (both In Public Or In The Home)? / How Do You Manage The Home In Time Of Scarcity? / What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Makes The Most Sacrifice In The Home by eghost247(m): 6:11am On Apr 01, 2011
~Bluetooth:

my mum has done more for me than me dad, i give it to her ! grin
same here
Re: Who Makes The Most Sacrifice In The Home by vaLasce(m): 6:42am On Apr 01, 2011
After a thorough check,cant help but admit dat fathers,papa,daddy,baba,makes d most sacrifices.
Re: Who Makes The Most Sacrifice In The Home by pappykay1(m): 7:28am On Apr 01, 2011
in capital IS MOTHER BCUS I LOVE MY MUM kiss embarassed embarassed cheesy
Re: Who Makes The Most Sacrifice In The Home by Faithcherie(f): 7:45am On Apr 01, 2011
Its the mother
Re: Who Makes The Most Sacrifice In The Home by efisher(m): 7:47am On Apr 01, 2011
software:
@efisher
U didnt get the question well,  It says who makes the Most sacrifice for the Home, ? it has to be someone,

@ software, you didnt get my answer!!! It clearly says MOTHER there.  angry

I do not have to answer like you did. This is what I posted:

efisher:

If it is contribution, both

If it is effort, both

[size=14pt]As for sacrifice, it is the MOTHER[/size].

God bless the mamas  

Shine your eyes well or watch Frank Edoho on Who Wants to Be a Millionnaire sometime and you will get the idea of a 'build-up'!
Re: Who Makes The Most Sacrifice In The Home by yungeorge(m): 7:56am On Apr 01, 2011
My dad,even though he's late nw,still missn him,but mum SHE's awesome, she's a superwoman,
Re: Who Makes The Most Sacrifice In The Home by Ecash1: 7:58am On Apr 01, 2011
It depends , But overall I will give it to the mothers.
Sweet mamas. rugged babas. lol
Re: Who Makes The Most Sacrifice In The Home by oluwabamis(m): 8:33am On Apr 01, 2011
there cant be a general answer to that question. I have seen a situation where the mother abandon the kids and the sole responsibilities fell on the man. On the other hand I have seen extremely useless fathers who will not even lift a finger to contribute anything to the kids upbringing. In my case, I give it to mum.

God bless you Mum. I love you too dad.
Re: Who Makes The Most Sacrifice In The Home by Nobody: 8:39am On Apr 01, 2011
PhysicsMHD:

1. You don't really need to be married to have lots of sex or multiple kids. I was just highlighting that in societies where marriage seems to be working, the reasons men desire marriage usually aren't romantic. This is lost on some people who assume men look at marriage the same way that many women do.
2. Seemed like you were comparing only housework with a real job.  I don't know about that "most cases" statement. All I know is that they don't really compare, despite claims to the contrary.
3. You're painting an extremely specific scenario here which doesn't necessarily apply to most households (definitely not true for my own parents), but anyways, my point is childbirth is voluntary and it's not really a "sacrifice." Hearing the process of childbearing and childbirth being called a sacrifice just seems ridiculous to me. It's like distorting a necessary process and portraying it as a burden. By the same reasoning that one can claim a woman is "sacrificing her body" to bear a child, couldn't one claim, especially in the scenario you just painted, that a man is "sacrificing his relationship with his kids and wife" to earn money to feed, clothe, and shelter the family? Yet we know that that's something that just has to be done. It's not really a sacrifice on the man's part. If the man and woman want to feed the family, he has to go away from them and work. Likewise, if the man and woman want a child, she has to physically bear it.

I was thinking of real life sacrifices like completely giving up progression in some ideal career. Because it is almost always the woman who stunts her career for the family, I think the woman sacrifices more, but not for reasons of childbirth.

I make bold to say you are not speaking for all men here. If this is how you see marriage, it's certainly not how other men see it. By your definition here, men who stay with their childless wives are either not men or they are from Mars  undecided

I find that people generally speak from their own experiences and mind sets. But as far as I can tell, women tend to sacrifice more than men,despite having seen homes where u can argue that the sacrifice from both parties are equal and I agree child bearing is not sacrifice, it's a choice and if you choose to do something, you better learn to live with the consequences.
Re: Who Makes The Most Sacrifice In The Home by harakiri(m): 9:21am On Apr 01, 2011
prixxy:

Harakiri  na wa for this your women bashing, i wonder what is behind your attitude towards women

Any way @topic i feel both parent make sacrifices,

but the woman makes the most sacrifice.

And am so glad to make any sacrifice for my family because they are worth it.

As a matter of fact its a privilage to be able to make those sacrifices, i cant imagine doing otherwise.

The same female SHAMING tactics i talked about earlier. Who is bashing who? If i had come here and jumped on the "mother's R us" bandwagon like everyone else then i would be labelled a "real man" by the ladies (as if they have any idea what the words mean) but when i come here and spit some real truths, then i am a woman basher, who hates women, bla bla bla. It's so typical of women to have such myopic view points that it sometimes makes me think that all women round the world are connected to one gigantic "emo-database" from which messages are downloaded straight into their brain hence the "herd mentality" amongst them.

Once again, how many women here would prefer to go barren all their lives? How many of them would be happy if their husbands preferred they remain childless throughout the marriage all because they don't want them "sacrificing" their bodies? The same women who are talking about their "sacrifices" are the same ones that would do anything under the sun to get pregnant even if it means going to a babalawo and swallowing human parts! ! !

The reason why a lot of people here are biased towards their mothers isn't far fetched. WOMEN MANIPULATE THE MINDS OF THE CHILDREN BY OVER PAMPERING THEM! It's that simple. Take these examples for instance :

(1)A teenage son who recently learnt how to drive wants to cruise in his father's latest Mercedes S-550 for the weekend. Every normal thinking father would object. He now goes to his mother to coax her to plead with his dad. Dad still refuses. Mom now takes the keys from the table and gives to him after father has gone out, he takes the car for a spin, over-speeds while trying to impress people,crashes the car and ruins the head lights. At the end of the day, it's still his same mother that will take sides with him and even have the guts to tell the father that he should be "grateful" their son didn't die in the accident. During adulthood, who do you think that child will feel more attached to? Of course, it's the mother who permits all his nonsense to happen all in the name of being a "caring and loving" mother.

(2)A teenage daughter who's discovering "herself" and notices that boys are now more interested in her than before wants to go out to a Saturday all night party. Her dad objects. She pleads with mom to plead with dad. Dad still objects stating all the things that go wrong in parties e.g drinking,smoking,drug use and casual sex. Mom now permits her to go out silently in the night while dad is sleeping. She gets to the party, drinks, all what not happens there, she comes home the next morning looking like something the cat dragged in and Dad is angry. Mom sides her and even tells Dad that she's a "grown" girl now and she isn't his little girl anymore. She should be allowed some freedom, bla bla bla. All this while, the person that's really looking out for the girl's interest is the DAD because he knows what boys do in parties and he doesn't want her future ruined with adolescent pregnancy but who cares right? Who do you think such a daughter will feel attached to? Once again, it's the same mother.

Most of these people screaming "MOTHER,MOTHER,MOTHER" are doing so out of bias and nothing more. A lot of them have gotten away with a lot of crap while growing up and their main "accomplice" was mom. Dads are objective when it comes to their children. They look at the big picture. They think 10,20,30 years from now while mother's focus on the present. It's such a shame that most dads aren't appreciated until they are dead and gone. That is when people reminisce on the old days, their current responsibilities and understand how hard it was for their dad to be "the man" of the house. A lot of men die early deaths (mainly from stroke/cardiac arrest/heart attacks/brain tumor) all because they worry all night and day about the future of their family and yet at the end of the day, their efforts are under appreciated. Mom takes all the glory coz she "carried them for 9 months". What if your dads decided to use surrogate mothers in bringing you into the world (like Micheal Jackson did)? Would you be saying the same thing? How about test tube babies? People could be so naive a lot of times and it's saddening.

I know a guy that sends home N50k to his mom and N10k to his dad every three months. When i asked him why the anomaly and differences, he started mumbling the usual "she carried me for 9 months and changed my diapers" crap and that his father was "strict" with him when he was growing up. I then proceeded to ask him, how about your dad that worked hard to see you through nursery school to the university and thereafter, he was forced to sell his property in Lagos (a bungalow that i'm aware of) and some of his land in the village to send you abroad for your masters degree? How about all those times he rescued you from trouble during secondary school and university days? How about the fact that were you are working now and earning a fantastic salary is all because of his connections? He just stared at me and remained speechless! Anyways, he has a 2 year daughter now and he's gradually begin to understand that being a father involves more than impregnating a woman and feeding the child. He now has more respect for his dad and what he sends across to him has been "upgraded". . .lol grin

So many fathers who earn good money every month are broke shortly after working out the family upkeep. Even if the man and woman earn the same salary, he still puts in more than the woman all in the name of being a "real man". While his wife and children dress well and look good, he wears the same ol same ol rags he's been wearing for years. While his mates are busy buying state of the art cars, travelling overseas and living large, he pumps all he has into investing for his family e.g buying land,building houses, opening fixed deposit accounts/trust funds and so much more. A lot of men out there live their ENTIRE LIVES for their children and yet, their glory remains unsung.

Really sad! undecided undecided angry
Re: Who Makes The Most Sacrifice In The Home by Nobody: 10:02am On Apr 01, 2011
Harakiri na wa for this your women bashing, i wonder what is behind your attitude towards women

@ Prixxy

He's obviously got a lot of mama issues which is really sad considering the fact that he was raised by his mother. His inherent refusal to accept the impact of the absence of a male figure in his life has led him towards a self destructive hatred for women!

I actually feel sad for him! undecided
Re: Who Makes The Most Sacrifice In The Home by Nobody: 10:28am On Apr 01, 2011
Ujujoan:

@ Prixxy

He's obviously got a lot of mama issues which is really sad considering the fact that he was raised by his mother. His inherent refusal to accept the impact of the absence of a male figure in his life has led him towards a self destructive hatred for women!

I actually feel sad for him! undecided

dont mind him jare.he must have had a terrible upbringing and abused by his father after his mum dumped his dad.so pathetic. cry cry
Re: Who Makes The Most Sacrifice In The Home by UZORY007: 10:29am On Apr 01, 2011
definitely the woman.
Re: Who Makes The Most Sacrifice In The Home by Showab1: 10:30am On Apr 01, 2011
Mother.
Re: Who Makes The Most Sacrifice In The Home by coolusman: 10:33am On Apr 01, 2011
mother
Re: Who Makes The Most Sacrifice In The Home by Nobody: 10:36am On Apr 01, 2011
harakiri:

The same female SHAMING tactics i talked about earlier. Who is bashing who? If i had come here and jumped on the "mother's R us" bandwagon like everyone else then i would be labelled a "real man" by the ladies (as if they have any idea what the words mean) but when i come here and spit some real truths, then i am a woman basher, who hates women, bla bla bla. It's so typical of women to have such myopic view points that it sometimes makes me think that all women round the world are connected to one gigantic "emo-database" from which messages are downloaded straight into their brain hence the "herd mentality" amongst them.

Once again, how many women here would prefer to go barren all their lives? How many of them would be happy if their husbands preferred they remain childless throughout the marriage all because they don't want them "sacrificing" their bodies? The same women who are talking about their "sacrifices" are the same ones that would do anything under the sun to get pregnant even if it means going to a babalawo and swallowing human parts! ! !

The reason why a lot of people here are biased towards their mothers isn't far fetched. WOMEN MANIPULATE THE MINDS OF THE CHILDREN BY OVER PAMPERING THEM! It's that simple. Take these examples for instance :

(1)A teenage son who recently learnt how to drive wants to cruise in his father's latest Mercedes S-550 for the weekend. Every normal thinking father would object. He now goes to his mother to coax her to plead with his dad. Dad still refuses. Mom now takes the keys from the table and gives to him after father has gone out, he takes the car for a spin, over-speeds while trying to impress people,crashes the car and ruins the head lights. At the end of the day, it's still his same mother that will take sides with him and even have the guts to tell the father that he should be "grateful" their son didn't die in the accident. During adulthood, who do you think that child will feel more attached to? Of course, it's the mother who permits all his nonsense to happen all in the name of being a "caring and loving" mother.

(2)A teenage daughter who's discovering "herself" and notices that boys are now more interested in her than before wants to go out to a Saturday all night party. Her dad objects. She pleads with mom to plead with dad. Dad still objects stating all the things that go wrong in parties e.g drinking,smoking,drug use and casual sex. Mom now permits her to go out silently in the night while dad is sleeping. She gets to the party, drinks, all what not happens there, she comes home the next morning looking like something the cat dragged in and Dad is angry. Mom sides her and even tells Dad that she's a "grown" girl now and she isn't his little girl anymore. She should be allowed some freedom, bla bla bla. All this while, the person that's really looking out for the girl's interest is the DAD because he knows what boys do in parties and he doesn't want her future ruined with adolescent pregnancy but who cares right? Who do you think such a daughter will feel attached to? Once again, it's the same mother.

Most of these people screaming "MOTHER,MOTHER,MOTHER" are doing so out of bias and nothing more. A lot of them have gotten away with a lot of crap while growing up and their main "accomplice" was mom. Dads are objective when it comes to their children. They look at the big picture. They think 10,20,30 years from now while mother's focus on the present. It's such a shame that most dads aren't appreciated until they are dead and gone. That is when people reminisce on the old days, their current responsibilities and understand how hard it was for their dad to be "the man" of the house. A lot of men die early deaths (mainly from stroke/cardiac arrest/heart attacks/brain tumor) all because they worry all night and day about the future of their family and yet at the end of the day, their efforts are under appreciated. Mom takes all the glory coz she "carried them for 9 months". What if your dads decided to use surrogate mothers in bringing you into the world (like Micheal Jackson did)? Would you be saying the same thing? How about test tube babies? People could be so naive a lot of times and it's saddening.

You accuse women of being myopic and yet you paint a picture which I'm sure you is significant with your upbringing, and go ahead to accuse the whole of womanhood of the same action.

Growing up, my mum used to be the tough one.   . .  and when she's not being tough, she always takes my dad's sides, even when he's obviously wrong!

I have never seen my mum siding with any one of us against her own husband! NEVER!

Will I then say that all women are like that? No! But only because I'm objective in my thinking.  cool  cool

A true Nigerian woman will NEVER usurp her husband's authority just to spoil a child. If you weren't so bull headed, you'd know that!  tongue  tongue

I know a guy that sends home N50k to his mom and N10k to his dad every three months. When i asked him why the anomaly and differences, he started mumbling the usual "she carried me for 9 months and changed my diapers" crap and that his father was "strict" with him when he was growing up. I then proceeded to ask him, how about your dad that worked hard to see you through nursery school to the university and thereafter, he was forced to sell his property in Lagos (a bungalow that i'm aware of) and some of his land in the village to send you abroad for your masters degree? How about all those times he rescued you from trouble during secondary school and university days? How about the fact that were you are working now and earning a fantastic salary is all because of his connections? He just stared at me and remained speechless! Anyways, he has a 2 year daughter now and he's gradually begin to understand that being a father involves more than impregnating a woman and feeding the child. He now has more respect for his dad and what he sends across to him has been "upgraded". . .lol grin

There he goes again, making generalized conclusions based on one person's experience!  undecided

So many fathers who earn good money every month are broke shortly after working out the family upkeep. Even if the man and woman earn the same salary, he still puts in more than the woman all in the name of being a "real man". While his wife and children dress well and look good, he wears the same ol same ol rags he's been wearing for years. While his mates are busy buying state of the art cars, travelling overseas and living large, he pumps all he has into investing for his family e.g buying land,building houses, opening fixed deposit accounts/trust funds and so much more. A lot of men out there live their ENTIRE LIVES for their children and yet, their glory remains unsung.

Please . . .  Stop acting like it's only men that contribute financially to the family upkeep. A lot of women have to live below their standard and those of their colleagues for their families' sakes.

A lot of women give up a lot of luxuries just so their children can attend good schools and their husband can afford to drive around in big cars . . . (something to do with a man's ego)  undecided

So then again . . . . what exactly is your point here  undecided
Re: Who Makes The Most Sacrifice In The Home by Jarus(m): 10:44am On Apr 01, 2011
Mother
Re: Who Makes The Most Sacrifice In The Home by Nobody: 10:49am On Apr 01, 2011
Ujujoan:

You accuse women of being myopic and yet you paint a picture which I'm sure you is significant with your upbringing, and go ahead to accuse the whole of womanhood of the same action.

Growing up, my mum used to be the tough one. . . and when she's not being tough, she [b]always takes my dad's sides, even when he's obviously wrong!

I have never seen my mum siding with any one of us against her own husband! NEVER!

Will I then say that all women are like that? No! But only because I'm objective in my thinking. cool cool

A true Nigerian woman will NEVER usurp her husband's authority just to spoil a child. If you weren't so bull headed, you'd know that! tongue tongue[/b]There he goes again, making generalized conclusions based on one person's experience! undecided

Please . . . Stop acting like it's only men that contribute financially to the family upkeep. A lot of women have to live below their standard and those of their colleagues for their families' sakes.

A lot of women give up a lot of luxuries just so their children can attend good schools and their husband can afford to drive around in big cars . . . (something to do with a man's ego) undecided

So then again . . . . what exactly is your point here undecided

God bless you real good.
Re: Who Makes The Most Sacrifice In The Home by perx(f): 11:03am On Apr 01, 2011
mothers of course

just look at dem pple or celebs in every country whom their fathers were not around when dey were growing up

or their fathers left dem or ran out on dem BUT THEIR MOTHERS NEVER DID

there r even more single mothers than single fathers all over d world

SOME FATHERS R GOOD BUT MOTHERS ROCKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Re: Who Makes The Most Sacrifice In The Home by nkirubb: 11:20am On Apr 01, 2011
mothers, God bless my mother
Happy mothers day to all the mothers in Nairaland
Re: Who Makes The Most Sacrifice In The Home by dipo4(m): 1:06pm On Apr 01, 2011
without a doubt the mother. no blind talks.
Re: Who Makes The Most Sacrifice In The Home by ficasej: 2:11pm On Apr 01, 2011
Guy let take it easy here.

Sacrifice ~is proportional to ~ Risk Taking
Risk Taken ~is proportional to~ Exposure
Exposure~is proportional to~ No of times one is out there!

Between Mothers and fathers, which of them take the greater risk?
Re: Who Makes The Most Sacrifice In The Home by creative21: 3:46pm On Apr 01, 2011
cheesy 4 me o mothers make more sacriface more the fathers b'cos of their heart
Re: Who Makes The Most Sacrifice In The Home by newguy1(m): 3:57pm On Apr 01, 2011
na dey both depend on wetin den dey sarcri, for
Re: Who Makes The Most Sacrifice In The Home by Amalaaba: 4:20pm On Apr 01, 2011
From my experience growing up, My Dad sacrificed more.

As a Parent, i know my children would have a tough time.
Re: Who Makes The Most Sacrifice In The Home by NAJALYN: 4:28pm On Apr 01, 2011
Mothers make more sacrifices in order to sustain their marriage & thus protect their children.
Re: Who Makes The Most Sacrifice In The Home by Nobody: 4:44pm On Apr 01, 2011
both of 'em,
Re: Who Makes The Most Sacrifice In The Home by coolusman: 5:56pm On Apr 01, 2011
why does everyone says mother?
Re: Who Makes The Most Sacrifice In The Home by Viciyke(m): 6:34pm On Apr 01, 2011
Its always the mothers, can't forget wat my mum went through bringing me siblings up. Our fathers only know how 2 spill d seeds quickly and mayb d usual hussling as men.
Re: Who Makes The Most Sacrifice In The Home by Dirac(m): 6:47pm On Apr 01, 2011
harakiri:

Man u deserve a medal, u are speaking clealy and u are not clouded by emotions. Society in general promotes a feminist agenda. Thats why we have so much wimps as men these days. I would go only as far to say that they both contribute equally. What really pisses me off is people continously downplaying the fathers role
Re: Who Makes The Most Sacrifice In The Home by Dirac(m): 6:51pm On Apr 01, 2011
Thats a woman's game, manipulation. They even manipulate themselves

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Do Husbands Find It Hard To Apologise To Their Wives / Widow Cries For Help, Accuses Late Husband’s Siblings Of Victimisation / Here Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.