Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,193 members, 7,818,636 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:22 PM

How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends - Investment (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends (36258 Views)

3 Quick Ways To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividend In Nigeria / How To Recover Unclaimed Dividends In Nigeria / Unclaimed Dividends: How To Get Them Back (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends by richmanrichard: 10:33am On Jan 19, 2021
lavylilly:
Give it a shot.
i ve contacted d registrar n he said they create a new account number if i can come over their office at lagos with d shares certificate
. Now i know that some registrars dont even qualify to be in their position. Do you know i once contacted their former registrar in 2018 when i applied for e-dividend, she said that my shares were fake upon sending my chn number to her.she dont even know that d problem was caused by them.when she told me that, na vex make me throw d certificate one side. I for tear d certificatr in anger.if i miss out on all my accumulated dividends, i no go forgive that woman. Thank God 4 this article
.when followed d steps here my full names and everything came out in seconds except d account number which was void but atleast it confirmed that d shares are genuine.that alone makes me happy. I wud still try n conclude my discussions with dem today. There phone went off while we were still talking. We were still talking if i can still get my dividends payed since this is still d 12th yt though its 12yrs+6 months now. To get them pick calls na wahala.i called upto 11times b4 my calls got answered.

1 Like

Re: How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends by yMcy56(f): 1:56pm On Jan 19, 2021
jabor4Naija:
I just know I bought d shares from oceanic bank, don't really know more dan dat
If you know the stockbroker and still active, contact them.
If you don't, send mail to CSCS to make inquiry from them : info@cscsnigeriaplc.com
OR
Contact@cscs.ng

You can also type your name type here and see if it appears with any particular stock, then come and give feedback. It's for unclaimed Dividends anyway.

https://sec.gov.ng/non-mandated/
Re: How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends by yMcy56(f): 2:09pm On Jan 19, 2021
jcflex:
Thank you for this information,
please how do I go about retrieving the shares.

and on Skye bank delist from NSE, I thot Polaris bank taking over of Skye bank should also include Skye bank shareholders.
Search for DAARCOMS registrar online.
Send mail to them to confirm.
Contact your broker for the share transfer or other necessary actions to take.

For Skye Bank, yes, Polaris took over Skye Bank BUT did not take over the defunct bank's shareholders, so it's a bad investment cos the shares were waste.
Re: How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends by yMcy56(f): 2:14pm On Jan 19, 2021
richmanrichard:
pls my shares is exactly 12yr+6 months now.do you think i can still get my dividends?
You can give it a trial.

Click on the link posted above, type your name there to see if there's any stock in your name. That's the first step.
Re: How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends by richmanrichard: 3:14pm On Jan 19, 2021
yMcy56:

You can give it a trial.

Click on the link posted above, type your name there to see if there's any stock in your name. That's the first step.
i ve done it since and already saw mine but acnt no is not on it.i ve already contacted d registrar n it can b fixed. the problem now is if i can still get dividends.thats what i was ironing out with d registrar b4 their fone went off yesterday. And uptill now, the number is still switched off. 0810700 5494 mainstreet registrars/carnation registrars
Re: How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends by lavylilly: 4:18pm On Jan 19, 2021
wink
richmanrichard:
i ve contacted d registrar n he said they create a new account number if i can come over their office at lagos with d shares certificate
. Now i know that some registrars dont even qualify to be in their position. Do you know i once contacted their former registrar in 2018 when i applied for e-dividend, she said that my shares were fake upon sending my chn number to her.she dont even know that d problem was caused by them.when she told me that, na vex make me throw d certificate one side. I for tear d certificatr in anger.if i miss out on all my accumulated dividends, i no go forgive that woman. Thank God 4 this article
.when followed d steps here my full names and everything came out in seconds except d account number which was void but atleast it confirmed that d shares are genuine.that alone makes me happy. I wud still try n conclude my discussions with dem today. There phone went off while we were still talking. We were still talking if i can still get my dividends payed since this is still d 12th yt though its 12yrs+6 months now. To get them pick calls na wahala.i called upto 11times b4 my calls got answered.
Re: How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends by richmanrichard: 7:14pm On Jan 19, 2021
lavylilly:
wink
u shock? welcome to naija
Re: How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends by Musty4ahmed1: 9:00pm On Jan 20, 2021
yMcy56:

It doesn't concern Olam or Dangote.

You have to contact Dangflour Registrar, EDC Registrars by filling their E-dividend form, scan and send to their e-mail address:
info@edcregistrars.com
CC: oakinrefon@edcregistrars.com

Remember to do follow up.
I have filled and scanned the E-dividend form to their email and also submitted one copy to my bsnk. Please how long can it take before I get credited? And will they pay my previous unclaimed dividend with the actual value of the share when it was sold to Olams? Thank you.
Re: How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends by BluntCrazeMan: 7:48am On Jan 22, 2021
owunabastard:
What I did just now is to fill the PDF form, then scanned the form and send the attachment through email to their email address which is info@firstregistrarsnigeria.com (which is in the downloaded form)
I don't know whether the procedure is correct and also hoping to get their response
Have they responded to you??
They have credited mine.
I saw lots of credit alerts of small small amounts.
Too many of them.

2 Likes

Re: How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends by BluntCrazeMan: 7:49am On Jan 22, 2021
1kinggy:

It depends on your access to network, printer and scanner. i did all mine within a couple of hours. about 10 registrars. When the alerts started coming in, i had to mute my phone. even though some were as low as 1.17naira grin grin grin
This response of yours gave me hope.
The time I received my own alerts, I laughed..
And I remembered this response of yours immediately.
Re: How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends by BluntCrazeMan: 7:52am On Jan 22, 2021
davidsthe:

I'm not the owner of the post. you have spoken well!

https://twitter.com/MMWithNimi/status/1348693339659522048?s=19
This tweet was even copied..
And she didn't acknowledge the original owner of the content she copied..
Mmtcheeww.!!!
Re: How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends by 1kinggy(m): 10:06am On Jan 22, 2021
BluntCrazeMan:
This response of yours gave me hope.
The time I received my own alerts, I laughed..
And I remembered this response of yours immediately.

Wow. Glad to know the post helped. Enjoy your harvest.

1 Like

Re: How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends by kulrunsman79(m): 10:19am On Jan 22, 2021
I bought 100k shares of Fidelity bank 2008 via FirstRegistrar but I didn't see my name on the list or rather what I saw was a name similar to mine but with Kanu as a surname.

What do i do?

1 Like

Re: How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends by 1kinggy(m): 10:56pm On Jan 22, 2021
kulrunsman79:
I bought 100k shares of Fidelity bank 2008 via FirstRegistrar but I didn't see my name on the list or rather what I saw was a name similar to mine but with Kanu as a surname.

What do i do?

Do still have the shares certificate or anything as evidence? If yes, send an email to the registrar.
If you still have the shares certificate, get your broker to dematerialise it for you. Cheers.
Re: How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends by yMcy56(f): 11:41am On Jan 23, 2021
Musty4ahmed1:
I have filled and scanned the E-dividend form to their email and also submitted one copy to my bsnk. Please how long can it take before I get credited? And will they pay my previous unclaimed dividend with the actual value of the share when it was sold to Olams? Thank you.
As soon as your e-dividend form is mandated. By the second day you should start seeing pymt alert.
I dont think Dangflour was a Dividend paying stock, but you'll be credited all that's accrued to you.
You can direct the question to the Registrar as well.
Re: How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends by Musty4ahmed1: 10:39pm On Jan 25, 2021
yMcy56:

As soon as your e-dividend form is mandated. By the second day you should start seeing pymt alert.
I dont think Dangflour was a Dividend paying stock, but you'll be credited all that's accrued to you.
You can direct the question to the Registrar as well.
Thank you ma. Please what is pymt alert? Please I received this message on my mail "Your Dangote Flour Mills Plc account has been mandated to your bank account. Please what does it imply?
Re: How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends by yMcy56(f): 11:59am On Jan 27, 2021
Musty4ahmed1:
Thank you ma. Please what is pymt alert? Please I received this message on my mail "Your Dangote Flour Mills Plc account has been mandated to your bank account. Please what does it imply?
Payment Alert is fund payment into your bank account. Credit alert.
Debit alert is deduction of money from your account.

For account to be mandated, it means your e-dividend form has been accepted and approved. You will get payment into your account at any time.

Please check your account and see if you've been credited with your Dangflour amount.

1 Like

Re: How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends by Musty4ahmed1: 12:00pm On Jan 27, 2021
Thank you ma. Alright.
Re: How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jan 27, 2021
BluntCrazeMan:
Fill the form and submit..
If you have any further questions, you need to communicate the Registrar immediately.
They are the ones that have all your details.

Will the form be filled with the deceased details or the next-of-kin's details?
Re: How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends by mrrandomguy: 9:08pm On Jan 27, 2021
What if the signatures does not tally with the one I use for banking transactions? What do I do in this situation?
Re: How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends by BluntCrazeMan: 4:30am On Jan 28, 2021
prince3009:

Will the form be filled with the deceased details or the next-of-kin's details?
You should fill it with the details of the deceased.. But your own bank account details and signature is what you should fill.
Then, you need to collect letter of administration from the bank of the deceased (and from his Registrar too) - this shows that you're the new person who is now in charge of the shares.
You should scan and send it to them.
Then, the death Certificate too, Bank's confirmation of the signature of the administrator, Valid ID Card of the administrator, e.t.c...
Contact your Registrar immediately for more information.
Re: How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends by BluntCrazeMan: 4:31am On Jan 28, 2021
mrrandomguy:
What if the signatures does not tally? What do I do in this situation?
You need to contact the Registrar immediately in order to do a change of Signature
Re: How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jan 28, 2021
BluntCrazeMan:
You should fill it with the details of the deceased.. But your own bank account details and signature is what you should fill.
Then, you need to collect letter of administration from the bank of the deceased (and from his Registrar too) - this shows that you're the new person who is now in charge of the shares.
You should scan and send it to them.
Then, the death Certificate too, Bank's confirmation of the signature of the administrator, Valid ID Card of the administrator, e.t.c...
Contact your Registrar immediately for more information.

Thanks alot
Re: How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends by mrrandomguy: 2:50pm On Jan 28, 2021
BluntCrazeMan:
You need to contact the Registrar immediately in order to do a change of Signature
What if the signature do not tally with the one I use for banking transactions? What do I do in this situation?
Re: How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends by yMcy56(f): 8:05pm On Jan 29, 2021
mrrandomguy:

What if the signature do not tally with the one I use for banking transactions? What do I do in this situation?
I think in as much as the signature tallies with that of your broker, then there shouldn't be issue.
...BUT if its causing issues, then you have todo change of signature and follow the process as may be explained to you by your broker.
You can also confirm from your broker.
Re: How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends by mrrandomguy: 7:07am On Jan 30, 2021
yMcy56:

I think in as much as the signature tallies with that of your broker, then there shouldn't be issue.
...BUT if its causing issues, then you have todo change of signature and follow the process as may be explained to you by your broker.
You can also confirm from your broker.
Thanks.
Unfortunately I don't know who the broker is, and the person who bought the shares for me has died.
Re: How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends by osasuwa011: 6:20pm On Feb 01, 2021
Can firstregistrar e-divident form be filled and submitted online without going to their office? Thanks
Re: How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends by Musty4ahmed1: 7:09am On Feb 02, 2021
yMcy56:

Payment Alert is fund payment into your bank account. Credit alert.
Debit alert is deduction of money from your account.

For account to be mandated, it means your e-dividend form has been accepted and approved. You will get payment into your account at any time.

Please check your account and see if you've been credited with your Dangflour amount.
Thank you for the guide . I have received my credit alert. God bless you.

2 Likes

Re: How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends by BluntCrazeMan: 8:06am On Feb 02, 2021
Musty4ahmed1:
Thank you for the guide . I have received my credit alert. God bless you.
I am happy that you were able to receive the needed help from here.
Have A Nice Day.

1 Like

Re: How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends by yMcy56(f): 11:39am On Feb 02, 2021
mrrandomguy:
m Thanks.
Unfortunately I don't know who the broker is, and the person who bought the shares for me has died.
Then send mail to CSCS explaining to them, they should be able to provide you with the required details.
Once you have the info, lets know it so you can know the next line of action.
Re: How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends by yMcy56(f): 11:41am On Feb 02, 2021
osasuwa011:
Can firstregistrar e-divident form be filled and submitted online without going to their office? Thanks
Of course yes!
Just download their current e-dividend form from the link below and send via mail to their email addy on the form.

https://sec.gov.ng/public-notice-the-e-dividend-mandate-activation-forms-of-various-registrars-are-now-available-for-download/

1 Like

Re: How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends by osasuwa011: 2:26pm On Feb 02, 2021
yMcy56:

Of course yes!
Just download their current e-dividend form from the link below and send via mail to their email addy on the form.

https://sec.gov.ng/public-notice-the-e-dividend-mandate-activation-forms-of-various-registrars-are-now-available-for-download/

Thank you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

FTX Hacked. Money In Accounts Stolen / Hackers Allegedly Steal N2.9bn From Flutterwave / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.