Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,741 members, 7,824,139 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends - Investment (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends (36352 Views)

3 Quick Ways To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividend In Nigeria / How To Recover Unclaimed Dividends In Nigeria / Unclaimed Dividends: How To Get Them Back (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends by mrrandomguy: 8:11am On Feb 04, 2021
yMcy56:

Then send mail to CSCS explaining to them, they should be able to provide you with the required details.
Once you have the info, lets know it so you can know the next line of action.
Thank you.
Re: How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends by Tonto30(f): 11:42am On Feb 10, 2021
Firstregistrars have stopped responding to my mail. After filling the dividend form and submitting via mail since last month and all their numbers are not going through cry
Re: How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends by Nobody: 6:26pm On Feb 13, 2021
yMcy56:

Of course yes!
Just download their current e-dividend form from the link below and send via mail to their email addy on the form.

https://sec.gov.ng/public-notice-the-e-dividend-mandate-activation-forms-of-various-registrars-are-now-available-for-download/

a bit concerned about putting ones bvn on an e-form...what do you think? Then the last part about signature..how does one handle it?
Re: How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends by yMcy56(f): 9:55am On Feb 17, 2021
Nwycon:
a bit concerned about putting ones bvn on an e-form...what do you think? Then the last part about signature..how does one handle it?
Nothing to worry about.
Remember your approved mandate will be linked to your bank account for payment of Dividends and there's the need to verify its you.
Also note that the form will be uploaded for your bank to endorse too, so BVN is very necessary to establish the link.
Re: How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends by yMcy56(f): 9:58am On Feb 17, 2021
Tonto30:
Firstregistrars have stopped responding to my mail. After filling the dividend form and submitting via mail since last month and all their numbers are not going through cry
They must have mandated/approved your dividend form.
You can only confirm once dividend is paid to your account...
OR
Give it some time, then send a soft reminder. They've got a lot of clients to attend to.
Re: How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends by eddie94: 12:59am On Feb 18, 2021
[quote author=Mummyfour post=98043295][/quote]
How do you retrieve the dividend of a deceased as a next of kin please?
Re: How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends by Mummyfour(f): 8:47am On Feb 18, 2021
eddie94:

go to the SEC - e dividend website and type in the name of the deceased.
If he has dividends that is unclaimed,his name will appear on the site and you will see his account number and the name of the shares that he has dividends on
Re: How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends by Nobody: 8:39pm On Feb 18, 2021
yMcy56:

Nothing to worry about.
Remember your approved mandate will be linked to your bank account for payment of Dividends and there's the need to verify its you.
Also note that the form will be uploaded for your bank to endorse too, so BVN is very necessary to establish the link.
thank u

1 Like

Re: How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends by Mummyfour(f): 10:33am On Feb 22, 2021
eddie94:

go to SEC e-dividend website.
Type the names of the share holder, and if the person has an unclaimed dividend, the name will likely pop out.
You will now download the e- mandate form and fill in the account details of the shareholder, and tick the company where he has shares.
For more information, if you need it, send me a mail
Re: How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends by emorse(m): 10:34pm On Feb 25, 2021
Mummyfour:
Type the names of the share holder, and if the person has an unclaimed dividend, the name will likely pop out.
You will now download the e- mandate form and fill in the account details of the shareholder, and tick the company where he has shares.
Sorry to bother you ma'am. I checked the sec website as instructed but my late dad's name isn't on it. So I sent an email to cscs but it's been about two weeks now and they haven't responded. Can I dm you please?
Re: How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends by Mummyfour(f): 9:33am On Feb 26, 2021
emorse:

Sorry to bother you ma'am. I checked the sec website as instructed but my late dad's name isn't on it. So I sent an email to cscs but it's been about two weeks now and they haven't responded. Can I dm you please?
ok you can dm
Re: How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends by mizibounty: 11:22am On Feb 26, 2021
My brother bought shares of a company without getting a certificate almost 10years ago. Can get a certificate and dividend if there is any?
Re: How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends by Kingdemu: 9:14pm On Mar 31, 2021
How does someone with missing share certificate apply for this e-mandate?
Re: How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends by yMcy56(f): 10:48am On Apr 01, 2021
mizibounty:
My brother bought shares of a company without getting a certificate almost 10years ago. Can get a certificate and dividend if there is any?
Kingdemu:
How does someone with missing share certificate apply for this e-mandate?
Copy @Emmasoft or direct your questions to him. He should be able to assist you.
Re: How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends by emmasoft(m): 1:00pm On Apr 01, 2021
yMcy56:

Copy @Emmasoft or direct your questions to him. He should be able to assist you.

This is what to do and also apply to those who lost their certificates:

Visit the registrars in charge of the company you bought its shares or send a mail if you are not in Lagos and no representatives of the registrar in in the city you are.
Go along with your means of identification.
At the registrars office you will be given a mandate form to complete and a demat form.
With the mandate completed and submitted all outstanding dividends not older than 12 years will be paid into your account.

N.B: you don't need certificate to claim your dividend, the registrar only need to co firm if your name is in the register of the shareholder's of a company and you are qualified for the corporate action.

Then take the demat form to your broker and it will be processed and your shares will be credited to your cscs account.

To open a cscs account click the link on my signature and complete the online form.
Investment one will open cscs account for you, it's free.
Re: How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends by yMcy56(f): 1:18pm On Apr 01, 2021
emmasoft:

Visit the registrars in charge of the company you bought its shares or send a mail if you are not in Lagos and no representatives of the registrar in in the city you are.
At the registrars office you will be given a mandate form to complete and a demat form.
With the mandate completed and submitted all outstanding dividends not older than 12 years will be paid into your account.

N.B: you don't need certificate to claim your dividend, the registrar only need to co firm if your name is in the register of the shareholder's of a company and you are qualified for the corporate action.

Then take the demat form to your broker and it will be processed and your shares will be credited to your cscs account.

To open a cscs account click the link on my signature and complete the online form.
Thanks @emmasoft.
Do you offer this kind of service on behalf of clients?
If so, maybe you need to state it with those guys in copy too......more reason I also mentioned that they should contact you.
I can also make reference to that if I come across similar requests.
Re: How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends by emmasoft(m): 1:37pm On Apr 01, 2021
yMcy56:

Thanks @emmasoft.
Do you offer this kind of service on behalf of clients?
If so, maybe you need to state it with those guys in copy too......more reason I also mentioned that they should contact you.
I can also make reference to that if I come across similar requests.

You welcome @yMcy56. Yes we do.
Any prospects can reach me with the contact on my signature.

1 Like

Re: How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends by Kingdemu: 2:02pm On Apr 01, 2021
yMcy56:

Ok
Re: How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends by Kingdemu: 2:05pm On Apr 01, 2021
emmasoft:

Sir, I heard Dangote Flour has been delisted and shareholders compensated with N24 per share. What happens to ones dividends accrued before the company was delisted when he files for claims?
Re: How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends by Kingdemu: 2:07pm On Apr 01, 2021
emmasoft:

You welcome @yMcy56. Yes we do.
Any prospects can reach me with the contact on my signature.
Sir I just registered on Troveapp. Now I have filled form for dematerialisation and e-mandate for Dangote Sugar. After successfully completing the process, how do I get my Shares to appear on Troveapp for me to be able to trade with them?
Re: How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends by emmasoft(m): 6:19pm On Apr 01, 2021
Kingdemu:
Sir, I heard Dangote Flour has been delisted and shareholders compensated with N24 per share. What happens to ones dividends accrued before the company was delisted when he files for claims?

Submit your dividend mandate and you will be paid the compensation and the outstanding dividends if any

1 Like

Re: How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends by emmasoft(m): 6:23pm On Apr 01, 2021
Kingdemu:
Sir I just registered on Troveapp. Now I have filled form for dematerialisation and e-mandate for Dangote Sugar. After successfully completing the process, how do I get my Shares to appear on Troveapp for me to be able to trade with them?

Trove is just a trading app I'm sure it will be backed up by a regualar stockbroker.
You need to get in touch with your stockbroker. A demat form can only be processed by the registrar of a company through the investor's stock broker.
The e dividend mandate doesn't need a stockbroker for the processing. it's between the investor and the company and processed through the registrar
Re: How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends by Kingdemu: 6:24pm On Apr 01, 2021
emmasoft:

Trove is just a trading app I'm sure it will be backed up by a regualar stockbroker.
You need to get in touch with your stockbroker. A demat form can only be processed by the registrar of a company through the investor's stock broker.
The e dividend mandate doesn't need a stockbroker for the processing. it's between the investor and the company and processed through the registrar
Tnx Boss. God bless

emmasoft:

Submit your dividend mandate and you will be paid the compensation and the outstanding dividends if any
Re: How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends by lavylilly: 5:24am On Aug 22, 2021
richmanrichard:
my issue now is the account number
Have you done it?
Re: How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends by DEBUU: 1:19pm On Aug 22, 2021
Please I hope this process is still on?
I want to that for my brother.

1 Like

Re: How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends by Kingdemu: 2:53pm On Aug 22, 2021
DEBUU:
Yes
Re: How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends by richmanrichard: 12:38pm On Aug 23, 2021
lavylilly:
Have you done it?
No. Those guys are really bent on frustrating ppl. I no get their time again.They can take it to their graves. They can hold it as long as they wish
.Thanks 4 all your help.tk

2 Likes

Re: How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends by Oyindamolah: 9:58am On Aug 24, 2021
DEBUU:
Yes
Re: How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends by civi: 10:15pm On Aug 24, 2021
Pls is there any hope for shares bought in the year 2000? Can they still be retrieved?
Re: How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends by jom28gy(m): 12:22am On Nov 19, 2021
What if one forget the name he or she uses
Re: How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends by topiiiiiiii(f): 11:24am On Jan 31, 2022
JWhite2Deep:
Please, would one require to go to the bank to sign and stamp before scanning and sending the e-dividend mandate form to your registrar involved?
please check your mail concerning fcta
Re: How To Retrieve Your Unclaimed Dividends by Yingyanng: 8:06am On Feb 02, 2022
Mummyfour:

Good morning, pls I need this info.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

FTX Hacked. Money In Accounts Stolen / Hackers Allegedly Steal N2.9bn From Flutterwave / Nigeria Bonds Rise After Tinubu Subsidy Removal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.