Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

If Cheating Is Normal For All Men-how Do I Keep My Marriage Going? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / If Cheating Is Normal For All Men-how Do I Keep My Marriage Going? (661 Views)

My Cheating Is About To End My Marriage / Reno Omokri: Men, How Many Of Your 'Urgent 5k' Girls Wished You Happy New Year? / Why Do I Keep Meeting Girls From Troubled Families? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Cheating Is Normal For All Men-how Do I Keep My Marriage Going? by Rabbi4real: 2:52pm On Jan 14, 2021
Good day,

I have evidences that my husband of 11 years is having extra marital affairs. It hurts. I first discovered in march 2019 with a lady on our street in the estate we stay. I asked him then but it got all messy and I experienced domestic violence with him.

People (families on both sides) intervened then, but to my shock, I was told :you don't ask a man why he was cheating ...its normal in this part of the world! that i should just face the care for my children and make myself happy with them.

Since then, I tried to manage information I have about him still cheating on me with other women. In fact, I am advised to look away anytime he goes on the supposed adventures,  I was told its mid-life crisis that I should keep praying for him. I am trying to but, it is not easy  for me.

I am beginning to think of considering a friend to be intimate with as well. He has been there all through this experience. He is still there, but I......

https://livelystones.ng/2021/01/14/if-cheating-is-normal-for-all-men-how-do-i-keep-my-marriage-going/

Re: If Cheating Is Normal For All Men-how Do I Keep My Marriage Going? by Xenry: 2:53pm On Jan 14, 2021

1 Like

Re: If Cheating Is Normal For All Men-how Do I Keep My Marriage Going? by eddynaira125: 3:15pm On Jan 14, 2021
Play along with friend

Make sure he get u pregnant

Gbam next thing

D called of DNA will b manifested in your life
Re: If Cheating Is Normal For All Men-how Do I Keep My Marriage Going? by eddynaira125: 3:16pm On Jan 14, 2021
Play along with your friend

Make sure he get u pregnant

Gbam next thing

D called of DNA will b manifested in your life
Re: If Cheating Is Normal For All Men-how Do I Keep My Marriage Going? by vibbb: 3:18pm On Jan 14, 2021
Two wrongs don't make a right.
If you try to be stupid now, you might not have a reasonable justification for your blunders at long run.

#BeWise & #StayCalm.

Everything is gonna be alright.
Re: If Cheating Is Normal For All Men-how Do I Keep My Marriage Going? by culf: 3:18pm On Jan 14, 2021
1. its not every married man that cheat.

2. like you were advised, pray about it, God can turn anything around. Instead of picking fight, maybe you should engage him in peaceful, heart to heart talk if there is a reason for it, if there is need for you both to change anything.

3. I won't advice you not to do same, because no matter the advice, you will still do what's on your mind but remember that if you finally decide to go ahead with your friend, be ready to take anything that may arise latter.

Good luck!!!
Re: If Cheating Is Normal For All Men-how Do I Keep My Marriage Going? by DaudaTheSexyGuy(m): 3:43pm On Jan 14, 2021
Madam If you want to get a boyfriend then go ahead and do so.

Let's all stop the pretence, it is not possible to continue to eat the same 'food' everyday without getting bored

You will not be the first married woman to be banged by another man, just be discrete about it. grin
Re: If Cheating Is Normal For All Men-how Do I Keep My Marriage Going? by kalu61(m): 5:57pm On Jan 14, 2021
grin
Film written by Rabbi4real and directed by Xenry
Re: If Cheating Is Normal For All Men-how Do I Keep My Marriage Going? by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jan 14, 2021
What is disturbing you now? His extra marital affairs or his alleged cheating? Because when it comes to married men, the two events are not the same. A man can only cheat his wife when he does not fulfill his financial responsibilities towards her, but gives money to other women instead. But a married man sleeping with other women is not cheating, because in a marriage, there is no implied exclusivity from the man. He doesn't carry a pregnancy, there is no possibility of fraud if he has extra marital affairs, and the bloodline is not affected. It is only reprehensible because of the possibility of STDs, and because the man tends to be fearful of his wife and keep it secret, causing her to be mistrustful of him later on. That is why I advocate for officially sanctioned polygyny instead, when a man wants to sleep with more than one woman; and he is capable of fulfilling his financial responsibility to both (or more).

So if he is still fulfilling his financial responsibility towards you and the children, he's not cheating you. Just tell him to marry other women of he feels the need, or to at least inform you so you can liaise with her and all parties can take proper precautions (like regular checkups) to prevent STDs.

Good luck.
Re: If Cheating Is Normal For All Men-how Do I Keep My Marriage Going? by Rabbi4real: 6:24pm On Jan 14, 2021
cool cool
RisenPhoenix1:
What is disturbing you now? His extra marital affairs or his alleged cheating? Because when it comes to married men, the two events are not the same. A man can only cheat his wife when he does not fulfill his financial responsibilities towards her, but gives money to other women instead. But a married man sleeping with other women is not cheating, because in a marriage, there is no implied exclusivity from the man. He doesn't carry a pregnancy, there is no possibility of fraud if he has extra marital affairs, and the bloodline is not affected. It is only reprehensible because of the possibility of STDs, and because the man tends to be fearful of his wife and keep it secret, causing her to be mistrustful of him later on. That is why I advocate for officially sanctioned polygyny instead, when a man wants to sleep with more than one woman; and he is capable of fulfilling his financial responsibility to both (or more).

So if he is still fulfilling his financial responsibility towards you and the children, he's not cheating you. Just tell him to marry other women of he feels the need, or to at least inform you so you can liaise with her and all parties can take proper precautions (like regular checkups) to prevent STDs.

Good luck.
Re: If Cheating Is Normal For All Men-how Do I Keep My Marriage Going? by denny97797: 6:35pm On Jan 14, 2021
Play along with friendMake sure he get u pregnantGbam next thingD called of DNA will b manifested in your life
Re: If Cheating Is Normal For All Men-how Do I Keep My Marriage Going? by Iwason(m): 6:58pm On Jan 14, 2021
first of all I have some questions for you, how long have you been with him, how is your body shape now compared to when you meet him before child bearing.
for me I will advise you to take things easy with him and focus personal relationship with him and your children up bring should be your primary concern, if you decide to go into intimate with other man out side you will have yourself to be blame bcoz our society does not support that.
Re: If Cheating Is Normal For All Men-how Do I Keep My Marriage Going? by concept65: 8:08pm On Jan 14, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:

Good luck.

Can i just ask u RisenPhoenix1, is it then ok for the wife who contributes 50% financially towards the home and is on contraceptive to also cheat in the marriage? Going by your points above. She is fulfilling her financial responsibility by her 50% contribution and there is no possibility of pregnancy since she will be using protection and is on a contraceptive.

Please I would really like a genuine answer from you, no getting upset or fighting.
Re: If Cheating Is Normal For All Men-how Do I Keep My Marriage Going? by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jan 14, 2021
concept65:

Can i just ask u RisenPhoenix1, is it then ok for the wife who contributes 50% financially towards the home and is on contraceptive to also cheat in the marriage? Going by your points above. She is fulfilling her financial responsibility by her 50% contribution and there is no possibility of pregnancy since she will be using protection and is on a contraceptive.

Please I would really like a genuine answer from you, no getting upset or fighting.

By "also cheat in the marriage" do you mean have extra marital affairs? Of course not. You are oversimplifying the issue and reducing its effect to a single point in time. In real life, that would be unrealistic.
Re: If Cheating Is Normal For All Men-how Do I Keep My Marriage Going? by Rabbi4real: 10:29am On Jan 15, 2021
hmnnn
RisenPhoenix1:

By "also cheat in the marriage" do you mean have extra marital affairs? Of course not. You are oversimplifying the issue and reducing its effect to a single point in time. In real life, that would be unrealistic.
Re: If Cheating Is Normal For All Men-how Do I Keep My Marriage Going? by Shortyyy(f): 11:08am On Jan 15, 2021
culf:
1. its not every married man that cheat.

2. like you were advised, pray about it, God can turn anything around. Instead of picking fight, maybe you should engage him in peaceful, heart to heart talk if there is a reason for it, if there is need for you both to change anything.

3. I won't advice you not to do same, because no matter the advice, you will still do what's on your mind but remember that if you finally decide to go ahead with your friend, be ready to take anything that may arise latter.

Good luck!!!

Lmaooooooo if this isn't sarcasm then men are the real satan. See advise tori oloun grin
Re: If Cheating Is Normal For All Men-how Do I Keep My Marriage Going? by culf: 6:59pm On Jan 15, 2021
Shortyyy:

Lmaooooooo if this isn't sarcasm then men are the real satan. See advise tori oloun grin

watin I talk wrong na? I was only trying to be honest and straightforward with her.

(1) (Reply)

Daddy Freeze & Wife Found Guilty Of Adultery. Court Demands Millions From Them / Let's Gist About It / She Tried Snatching My Man But She Lie….

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.