Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,009 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? (31307 Views)

I Want To Divorce And Live Alone / People Who Live Alone Shares Underrated Advantages Of Doing So / Is It Right For A Man To Marry His Sister In Law? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? by FalseProphet1(m): 7:05am On Jan 15, 2021
Nazgul:
Her request to stay alone isn't bad. She's 22, and if she has a good job, she'll enjoy geninue peace of mind cos living alone is very good. You won't have to endure an irritating roommate, always getting on your nerves every now and then, nagging parents who will constantly remind you about the success story of all your mates, and your younger cousins who have all gotten married. Also, you can effectively budget your finances, economize your food and provisions, and manage your bills effectively.

As a girl there are few guidelines I'll give you to stay alone effectively most especially if you're not a runs girl.

1. Limit your friends. They say the average Nigerian loves free things. That's very true. If you stay alone, you must be very careful with who you let into your home. I remember how I parked out of the first house I rented with my money after my youth service. It was a one bedroom apartment, I had this friend who was always visiting. With time he uprgaded himself to my roommate without even my consent.

I didn't have any problem with that. The problem I had with him was that he doesn't contribute a penny to the house. From recharging the prepaid meter to recharging the cable TV, to buying food and provisions...even pure water this my so called friend couldn't get. The worse of it all was that he's a womanizer. Imagine coming back home from work tired only to see meet your bedroom locked by your roomie cos he's busy with a girl. I'll end up dozing off on the couch in the palour while waiting for them cos I can't access the bathroom without entering the bedroom which is locked by him.

We quarrelled over this severally. This guy will apologize, beg me and after some days or weeks repeat the same thing again. With time when the rent remained like 2 months to be due, I parked out and left him there. I've learned to limit the kind of people I allow into my home ever since.

2. Be security conscious. Don't be careless with your security. As a girl, you can easily be overpowered, drugged, raped, robbed... etc. So avoid unnecessary closeness with your neighbours most especially if they're guys whose source of income you have no idea of. Whenever you're at home, keep your doors locked at all times. Avoid inviting people you meet on social media into your home. Avoid accepting lift from strangers to your home. All these things will put your safety at risk.

3. Don't disclose your status. As a girl, telling guys that you stay alone isn't wise. When guys start asking don't keep them in silence or else they'll start guessing and might guess right. Just tell them that you don't stay alone. Cos if you don't they won't mind trailing you secretly just to know where you stay. Believe me some guys can be that jobless. And after one visit to your house, you'll need the police to keep them out. Cos some will go as far as threatening to harm you if you refuse to let them in.

If you're in a serious relationship your guy should be the only one who should know your house along with some of your female friends who are on the same financial status with you, and your family members. Every other person can meet you at your place of work, your church or in a public place.

My advice...tell her to do whatever is in her mind, she's an adult now and must be allowed to make her own choices.

As for her parents, let her explain to them and make them reason with her that she won't remain under their roof forever, so the sooner she begins to plan a life outside their roof, the better for her

Also I hope she's working, when I say working I mean 9am -5pm jobs with a reasonable pay check. Cos if a girl is staying alone without a reasonable source of income, she might be tempted to go into prostitution in order to survive. Tell her this.
All these episodes for simple question you could have just answer yes or no. tongue

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? by 44Bulldog(m): 7:14am On Jan 15, 2021
Nazgul:
Her request to stay alone isn't bad. She's 22, and if she has a good job, she'll enjoy geninue peace of mind cos living alone is very good. You won't have to endure an irritating roommate, always getting on your nerves every now and then, nagging parents who will constantly remind you about the success story of all your mates, and your younger cousins who have all gotten married. Also, you can effectively budget your finances, economize your food and provisions, and manage your bills effectively.

As a girl there are few guidelines I'll give you to stay alone effectively most especially if you're not a runs girl.

1. Limit your friends. They say the average Nigerian loves free things. That's very true. If you stay alone, you must be very careful with who you let into your home. I remember how I parked out of the first house I rented with my money after my youth service. It was a one bedroom apartment, I had this friend who was always visiting. With time he uprgaded himself to my roommate without even my consent.

I didn't have any problem with that. The problem I had with him was that he doesn't contribute a penny to the house. From recharging the prepaid meter to recharging the cable TV, to buying food and provisions...even pure water this my so called friend couldn't get. The worse of it all was that he's a womanizer. Imagine coming back home from work tired only to see meet your bedroom locked by your roomie cos he's busy with a girl. I'll end up dozing off on the couch in the palour while waiting for them cos I can't access the bathroom without entering the bedroom which is locked by him.

We quarrelled over this severally. This guy will apologize, beg me and after some days or weeks repeat the same thing again. With time when the rent remained like 2 months to be due, I parked out and left him there. I've learned to limit the kind of people I allow into my home ever since.

2. Be security conscious. Don't be careless with your security. As a girl, you can easily be overpowered, drugged, raped, robbed... etc. So avoid unnecessary closeness with your neighbours most especially if they're guys whose source of income you have no idea of. Whenever you're at home, keep your doors locked at all times. Avoid inviting people you meet on social media into your home. Avoid accepting lift from strangers to your home. All these things will put your safety at risk.

3. Don't disclose your status. As a girl, telling guys that you stay alone isn't wise. When guys start asking don't keep them in silence or else they'll start guessing and might guess right. Just tell them that you don't stay alone. Cos if you don't they won't mind trailing you secretly just to know where you stay. Believe me some guys can be that jobless. And after one visit to your house, you'll need the police to keep them out. Cos some will go as far as threatening to harm you if you refuse to let them in.

If you're in a serious relationship your guy should be the only one who should know your house along with some of your female friends who are on the same financial status with you, and your family members. Every other person can meet you at your place of work, your church or in a public place.

My advice...tell her to do whatever is in her mind, she's an adult now and must be allowed to make her own choices.

As for her parents, let her explain to them and make them reason with her that she won't remain under their roof forever, so the sooner she begins to plan a life outside their roof, the better for her

Also I hope she's working, when I say working I mean 9am -5pm jobs with a reasonable pay check. Cos if a girl is staying alone without a reasonable source of income, she might be tempted to go into prostitution in order to survive. Tell her this.

You're wise

But that no2....most girls are very stupid/careless of not locking their doors, I know what I'm saying undecided
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? by felong(m): 7:17am On Jan 15, 2021
Nazgul:

Well said.
Mods front page
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? by asdfjklhaha(f): 7:29am On Jan 15, 2021
It's not right. 22 is still very young, and she is a girl. Let her save that money n remain in her parents house for now.
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? by Debbyblahempire(f): 8:06am On Jan 15, 2021
MLTR:

No one said living alone is wrong, bad or a sin, buh there is time for everything @22 i doubt her level of maturity.
PH is filled with insecurity and the standard of living on a norm is high how much more the cost of a well secured environment, why waste money when she can save it for investment, she is certainly not too young to be a CEO.

People have different opinions and make different choices....if that's what she wants they should let her....

The least they can do is help her find a decent and safe accommodation for her...

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? by Nobody: 8:16am On Jan 15, 2021
virginprincess:
Good evening nairalanders, pls i need advise, my counsin sister who is just 22 is demanding to live alone(she want to move out of her father's house), but her parent disagreed with her decision, this has brought a whole lot confusion, because she is very seriously with her decision and her parents (especially her mom) is totally against it, pls as a sister what advise can i give to her, should i support her or i should advise her against it? and what are the of dangers live alone as a female? Lalasticala, front page pls. Modified: My counsin is not a prostitue, i might not entirely know the reason she wants to live alone, but i'm sure her num1 major reason is noise, she is a very calm person who loves been alone, but since they are much in the house she doesn't have such opportuity, pls she's not a hoe, my question is what are the dangers of living alone as a lady?.
It's Not Good & It's Not Right. Had It Been She Is A Male, Dat Would Av Been Different Case.
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? by FalseProphet1(m): 8:17am On Jan 15, 2021
Truvel:
It's Not Good & It's Not Right. Had It Been She Is A Male, Dat Would Av Been Different Case.
This 2021 not 1970, it's right as long as she can take care of herself.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? by FalseProphet1(m): 8:21am On Jan 15, 2021
MLTR:

Your niece lives with her parent buh she does not like noise, ... is it not better for us to think she is a LovePeddler than for us to know your niece parent are noisemakers.

i believe a 22yr old gurl is stil very much inexperience about life and probably lacks adequate maturity to handle independence, life outside school life is a whole new ball game hence why she should still be under her parent there are things she needs to learn. if no because of man why the rush grin abeggi
My cousin in Canada rented her own apartment at the age of 17, this one is 22 and you're saying she's inexperienced. Oga this is 2021. Any girl that has successfully graduated from the University is fit to stay on her own.

10 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? by Nobody: 8:24am On Jan 15, 2021
FalseProphet1:

This 2021 not 1970, it's right as long as she can take care of herself.
U Don't Seem To Understand. I Want To Ask U. Would U Allow Ur Blood Sister To Do Dsame?
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? by FalseProphet1(m): 8:25am On Jan 15, 2021
Truvel:
U Don't Seem To Understand. I Want To Ask U. Would U Allow Ur Blood Sister To Do Dsame?
Why not, as long as she can provide for herself there's nothing wrong with it. Nigerian girls less than 20 are living alone in Europe so why can't they do the same here.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? by Nobody: 8:36am On Jan 15, 2021
Debbyblahempire:

People have different opinions and make different choices....if that's what she wants they should let her....

The least they can do is help her find a decent and safe accommodation for her...

People are entitled to there opinion, we are talking about a late teen here, she is entitled to some choice buh certainly not all choices.
The big question here is why is a 22yr old gurl so desperate for space, we all know that is the whoring stage for most gurls.
How does a safe & decent accomodation safe a 22yr old gurl from a whorring phase ... lets drop the charade, noise my foot.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? by Bennysam: 8:37am On Jan 15, 2021
virginprincess:
Good evening nairalanders, pls i need advise, my counsin sister who is just 22 is demanding to live alone(she want to move out of her father's house), but her parent disagreed with her decision, this has brought a whole lot confusion, because she is very seriously with her decision and her parents (especially her mom) is totally against it, pls as a sister what advise can i give to her, should i support her or i should advise her against it? and what are the of dangers live alone as a female? Lalasticala, front page pls. Modified: My counsin is not a prostitue, i might not entirely know the reason she wants to live alone, but i'm sure her num1 major reason is noise, she is a very calm person who loves been alone, but since they are much in the house she doesn't have such opportuity, pls she's not a hoe, my question is what are the dangers of living alone as a lady?.
Personally I don’t take a girl that live alone serious and her own case maybe she wants to be a hoe, pls no offense
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? by Nazgul: 9:22am On Jan 15, 2021
Bennysam:

Personally I don’t take a girl that live alone serious and her own case maybe she wants to be a hoe, pls no offense

Sorry to say this but this your submission reeks of immaturity.

The hardship in the economy is what makes guys and girls tarry in their parents houses till their early and even late thirties. In a working system you're expected to vacate your parent house upon graduation from high school (secondary) and learn to struggle independently for survival.

Staying alone has nothing to do with being a whóre as there are whóres who practice their trade right under their parents roof. It has to do with your character.

I've met working class girls who aren't up to 30 that stay alone and and are principled and decent. And believe me, I'll pick them over the ones staying with their parents. Why because they understand what it takes to run a home. The know how to manage their funds, pay bills... etc. A girl staying with her parents is used to always asking for things, from asking her parents, to her admirers to her husband. Imagine a wife texting her husband that card in the prepaid meter has finished, or gas has finished, whereras she has some personal funds she can easily used to sort it out but she wouldn't cos she has lived all her life seeing men as the sole provider of the home. That's what you get when you go for a girl who hasn't experienced independence before.
Whereas the independent ones will easily solve this problems without bothering you.

Girls should be encouraged to stay alone so they can understand what it takes to survive and when eventually they get married, they'll appreciate they little efforts their husbands makes cos they've been in his shoes.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? by Oracleforce: 9:31am On Jan 15, 2021
virginprincess:
NwaAmaikpe, my counsin is not a prostitute, i might not know her reason for wanting to live alone, but one thing is setting, she is not a prostitue, she's a very hardworking lady who works with a bank.

Trust nobody....
Life is evolving
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? by Nobody: 10:04am On Jan 15, 2021
FalseProphet1:

Why not, as long as she can provide for herself there's nothing wrong with it. Nigerian girls less than 20 are living alone in Europe so why can't they do the same here.
4rm My Own View, It's Not Good. It Would Av Been Better She Lives With Someone Or Relatives 4 Security Reasons. Live Alone It's Not An Easy Thing To Do. I'm Talking 4rm Experience. Even Me As A Man, I Live Alone & I Know What It Means To Live Alone, How Much More A Young Girl Like Dat.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? by SavageResponse(m): 10:21am On Jan 15, 2021
virginprincess:
NwaAmaikpe, my counsin is not a prostitute, i might not know her reason for wanting to live alone, but one thing is setting, she is not a prostitue, she's a very hardworking lady who works with a bank.

Nothing wrong in a lady living alone so long as she is matured but I'm concerned as to why this particular lady wants to move into her own apartment if she and her parents live in the same city
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? by Bennysam: 10:38am On Jan 15, 2021
Nazgul:

The hardship in the economy is what makes guys and girls tarry in their parents houses till their early and even late thirties. In a working system you're expected to vacate your parent house upon graduation from high school (secondary) and learn to struggle independently for survival.

Staying alone has nothing to do with being a whóre as there are whóres who practice their trade right under their parents roof. It has to do with your character.

I've met working class girls who aren't up to 30 that stay alone and and are principled and decent. And believe me, I'll pick them over the ones staying with their parents. Why because they understand what it takes to run a home. The know how to manage their funds, pay bills... etc. A girl staying with her parents is used to always asking for things, from asking her parents, to her admirers to her husband. Imagine a wife texting her husband that card in the prepaid meter has finished, or gas has finished, whereras she has some personal funds she can easily used to sort it out but she wouldn't cos she has lived all her life seeing men as the sole provider of the home. That's what you get when you go for a girl who hasn't experienced independence before.
Whereas the independent ones will easily solve this problems without bothering you.

Girls should be encouraged to stay alone so they can understand what it takes to survive and when eventually they get married, they'll appreciate they little efforts their husbands makes cos they've been in his shoes.
You maybe be true but let’s make a survey and you will see that 90% of them are hoe
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? by Bennysam: 10:40am On Jan 15, 2021
Nazgul:

You’re not far from truth but it’s one out of hundred
Why is she moving out without a job or with a job? I expect you to ask if she have a job or not
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? by endsarrrs(f): 12:59pm On Jan 15, 2021
Until next time.
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jan 15, 2021
virginprincess:

Don't take Nwa serious, everything he says is meant to be taken with several pinches and a sack of salt

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? by shiwex: 1:01pm On Jan 15, 2021
In Developed countries , once you are 18 you are being kicked out......

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jan 15, 2021
virginprincess:
Good evening nairalanders, pls i need advise, my counsin sister who is just 22 is demanding to live alone (she wants to move out of her father's house), but her parents disagreed with her decision.

This has brought a whole lot of confusion, because she is very serious with her decision and her parents (especially her mom) is totally against it.

Pls as a sister, what advise can i give to her, should i support her or i should advise her against it? and what are the of dangers living alone as a female?

Modified: My counsin is not a prostitue, I might not entirely know the reason she wants to live alone, but i'm sure her num1 major reason is noise, she is a very calm person who loves being alone, but since they are much in the house she doesn't have such opportuity, pls she's not a hoe, my question is what are the dangers of living alone as a lady?.

Why not, she's an adult

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? by bluefilm: 1:03pm On Jan 15, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Her parents should try and be understanding; didn't they experience puberty and it's resultant youthful exuberance?

At 22...her ovaries are already rioting.
At 22...her uterus hungers for constant semen
At 22...the blood vessels in her nippIes are gorging with blood desperately needing to be ravished.
At 22...her labia majora yearns to be spread apart.
At 22...she believes the world revolves around her kpekus and she is God's gift to men.

Will they be bappy if she feeds all of these cravings under their roof?

In my honest opinion, any single girl of 22 who has the opportunity to live under her parents but wants to be independent by all means only has one driving reason; they want to be unchained hos.

Nwoke m, i bukwa onye ojoor.

What if the girl in question is a burgeoning lesbian?
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? by Veezy4u(m): 1:03pm On Jan 15, 2021
Sonnobax15:
shocked

A young lady living alone and the same time working in a bank has a higher probability of going into a whoring adventure due to the type and amount of men she'd likely meet on her line of work

Whether she's independent or not,the last thing I'd advise any man who has his third leg intact on what to do is to ever date a lady who lives alone unless you wanna be a co-husband to many other of her husbands that'd come visiting....

My immediate ex girlfriend falls into this category...and that's one major reason why I ghosted her ASAP
I'd like to have a word with you privately if you don't mind
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? by endsarrrs(f): 1:04pm On Jan 15, 2021
Foul mouth
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Her parents should try and be understanding; didn't they experience puberty and it's resultant youthful exuberance?

At 22...the blood vessels in her nippIes are gorging with blood desperately needing to be ravished.
At 22...she believes the world revolves around her kpekus and she is God's gift to men.

In my honest opinion, any single girl of 22 who has the opportunity to live under her parents but wants to be independent by all means only has one driving reason; they want to be unchained hos.
here you are!

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? by XDaBOSS(m): 1:04pm On Jan 15, 2021
Ask her this simple question.....why is she in a rush to move out?
Her response will give you a better insight on what to do or say.
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? by Offpoint1: 1:04pm On Jan 15, 2021
Wrong place to seek for such views... op please go to Quora and ask your question.

Nigerian will conclude your sis wants to dxck exploration.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? by Dedetwo(m): 1:04pm On Jan 15, 2021
virginprincess:
Good evening nairalanders, pls i need advise, my counsin sister who is just 22 is demanding to live alone (she wants to move out of her father's house), but her parents disagreed with her decision.

This has brought a whole lot of confusion, because she is very serious with her decision and her parents (especially her mom) is totally against it.

Pls as a sister, what advise can i give to her, should i support her or i should advise her against it? and what are the of dangers living alone as a female?

Modified: My counsin is not a prostitue, I might not entirely know the reason she wants to live alone, but i'm sure her num1 major reason is noise, she is a very calm person who loves being alone, but since they are much in the house she doesn't have such opportuity, pls she's not a hoe, my question is what are the dangers of living alone as a lady?.

In most developed countries at 18 years, parents are itching to kicked you out of the house if you did not initiate to leave on your own.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? by Godi25(m): 1:05pm On Jan 15, 2021
If she can independently take care of herself without bothering her parents, then she is free to go but she will still need to be under some level of supervision from her parents if possible.
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? by mozes01(m): 1:05pm On Jan 15, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Lord NwaAmaikpe grin the ogbonge professor and Special Advicer on female mata don disect am

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? by luminouz(m): 1:07pm On Jan 15, 2021
virginprincess:

She should leave alone.

Give her my number too in case she gets lonesome. wink
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? by Zagee: 1:08pm On Jan 15, 2021
I've got the right location for her, security, ambience , serenity.. shebi na PH. Na her money go talk oh.
virginprincess:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Love To Marry Her But worrying about the high bride price / "My Husband Refused To Have Sex With Me For 3 Years" - Angry Wife Tells Court / Nigerian Woman Curses Ex-Husband (VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.