Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,070 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:16 AM

"You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri - Family (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri (27574 Views)

After Divorce, Most Ladies Turn Feminist And Marriage Experts / Marrying A Feminist / My Dad's Treatment Of My Mum Made Me A Feminist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jan 15, 2021
Kaimaonyeana:

White men have built and are long gone. So u still need them to build yours? Laziness don kill una.

Are they still not building and making innovations, so we should not communicate and synergize with them because of their skin color, you are a fuckingg bigot

1 Like

Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by Dong2: 10:39pm On Jan 15, 2021
Wunna:
And those bloody feminists gave you all the likes. Naive you will think you got the likes from sane folks embarassed

That's your head ache not mine. Go and drink water.

1 Like

Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by Keneeby(m): 11:55pm On Jan 15, 2021
SACI:

Ephesians 5:21 says" submit to each other..." But y'all (Nigeria men especially) seems to be blind to that part so as you can interpret the bible in a way that suit you people

That's the only portion of the Bible you know. The part that says "wife submit to your husband" for he is the head as Christ is the head of the church. you never know this one.

1 Like

Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by VictorRomanov: 11:58pm On Jan 15, 2021
Hongkog:
Reno talks too much jare, you can be whatever you what and still be a Christian. Its a free world.

Is that what your bible told you?
Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by ChikaSunday(m): 12:11am On Jan 16, 2021
NwekeUG:
Reno Omokri has said it's impossible for a person to be a feminist and a Christian, IgbereTV reports.

Taking to his Twitter handle, he wrote:

https://twitter.com/renoomokri/status/1349753265299353602?s=19

A follower responded:

https://twitter.com/Lorenta_Erhabor/status/1349754676661641216?s=19

And Reno replied via his Instagram handle:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKCGHmChxLp/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

It has always been right. Any feminist is a tool of Satan the leader of rebellion. That woman that responded to Reno just showed how much she can fight God's statute as a servant of the devil
Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by Probz(m): 12:39am On Jan 16, 2021
JESHAL:

But divorce-rape progressive laws will serve black people right

Okay.
Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by Shortyyy(f): 12:44am On Jan 16, 2021
CuteMike01:

All this while since I quoted you and this was what you could say?... I considered you a reasonable lady. My mistake.

Lmao, keep your consideration to yourself. You made no sense in that post, so I have no time to entertain nonsense.

3 Likes

Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by OLULAW: 3:17am On Jan 16, 2021
Certificated yet uneducated.
Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by CuteMike01(m): 6:23am On Jan 16, 2021
Shortyyy:

Lmao, keep your consideration to yourself. You made no sense in that post, so I have no time to entertain nonsense.
...then stop quoting me
Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 6:28am On Jan 16, 2021
Probz:

Okay.

Now I know you are emasculated by Femcentrism

I doubt your manliness

1 Like

Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by demmymoney(m): 7:31am On Jan 16, 2021
Kaimaonyeana:

How? I asked a question, instead of you to reply logically u want to play the race card. Typical black man that brings up race when conditions are not favorable to him. Do u sound logical for a supposed logical gender? Answer my question intelligently sir, i have no time for dumbos.

U are the racist

Since you are concerned more about color than the human spirit

Wat does color have to do with civilization mofo

1 Like

Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by kalu61(m): 8:10am On Jan 16, 2021
Ladycewhy:
grin grin grin grin, these men behave like babies ,just rub their head small ,all this gragra go end cheesy grin grin
Since you people knows the secrete, why not lay ambush at the oza room
Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 8:19am On Jan 16, 2021
ChikaSunday:

It has always been right. Any feminist is a tool of Satan the leader of rebellion. That woman that responded to Reno just showed how much she can fight God's statute as a servant of the devil

You are right my brother
They are cultural Marxists in ideology
They believe in class warfare of genders
Marxism is an atheistic ideology from Karl marx that led to communism
Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by ImaIma1(f): 8:31am On Jan 16, 2021
Magnoliaa:

People promote divorce based on their leanings. And it might seem like the most of such people are feminists, BUT NOT because feminism promotes divorce, but because it allows women to be vocal about what they really think. There are people who hold certain opinions that they can never share because of conservatism. Divorce on what basis? They do not even necessarily cancel each other. The movement is not promoting getting married to get divorced.

What's your assurance that you'll wake up tomorrow? So why are you doing things today or working towards certain goals? The analogy might not fit, but I'm just trying to point out the idea of what what you said seems like with it.

At one point or the other, people should be vocal about how they feel or what they think instead of suffering in silence. If they are ladies, they don't need to be feminists to do so.

And if one cannot fulfil the requirements to make a marriage work because of some beliefs, movement or principles, they should boycott it altogether.

1 Like

Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by kalu61(m): 8:34am On Jan 16, 2021
Kaimaonyeana:

White men built civilization not black men. 'Collectively' black men ain't worth a damn thing that is why y'all foam in the mouth when you hear feminism because the only people you've been able to control are black females, u dare not try it with white females and you know it. Meanwhile, white men are building civilization, building their societies, making laws favourable to their women and children. In general, making their lives better that is why u lots move there in droves and start claiming rights u never had in your shit hole country. During the end sars protest, i saw how peaceful and calm the protest was abroad compared to this stupid black country where the actual problem resides. There is no hope for the black race. At the end of the day, we are just spectators in this race called life 'collectively'. If black men put all the energy they use to advocate against feminism into the development of this race, i promise u racism will end and there will be no need for the #black lives matter mantra but no, u lots are busy getting so frustrated, entitled and angry about how women decide to use their God-given bodies. If it were possible for black men to act as puusymeter, they would gladly do since they are all obsessed with women's vagina. Pftttt
Collectively, u lots have failed and still failing, unfortunately.
Pocohantas
Ladycewhy
You lack sense of history if you say blacks are spectators
Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by ImaIma1(f): 8:35am On Jan 16, 2021
blazepascal:
exactly!!! and you are one of them

cheesy
Your assumption, your problem.
Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by ImaIma1(f): 8:41am On Jan 16, 2021
Ddokie:

Then they are not truly meek, they are only deceiving their husband. At the right time, their true colors will manifest.

If someone is truly good, he/she won't be in the business of deceiving people.

It's just like a lady who keeps telling her friend how she can't take all the rubbish she takes from her husband. Her friend now leaves her husband only to find out that the person that says she can't take rubbish is taking x5 and still stays with the husband.

They just try to deal with their misery by deceiving others to think they are doing well.
Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by ImaIma1(f): 8:45am On Jan 16, 2021
Mummyfour:
I agree with you.
In the name of submission, what women suffer eh!! Hmmm.
I support what the Bible says, but the way men take it is not the way bible prescribed it ooo.

They usually forget the other part of that verse that says they should love their wives but are quick to preach submission to their benefit.
Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by ImaIma1(f): 8:46am On Jan 16, 2021
;
Speedy001:

Fellow akwa ibomite you are on point

wink
Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by ImaIma1(f): 8:50am On Jan 16, 2021
DEMZEE:

How do men take it

Submission is submission, theres no two ways about it

If the men love their wives as Christ loved the church as the other part of that verse says, the submission will not need to be demanded by the husbands.

But a man will treat his wife without love and respect but still demand and expect submission. Not every woman will readily submit at that point.
Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by Kaimaonyeana: 8:53am On Jan 16, 2021
kalu61:
You lack sense of history if you say blacks are spectators

Na so. Educate me o historian.
Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 9:03am On Jan 16, 2021
luvmijeje:

The key to freedom is being open-minded. simply refuse to be put in a box. Live your life to fullest with no apology to anyone.

Put in a box you say
Then why are you supporting pro- Feminist arguments with your logic which shows clear bias as you claim to be a free and critical thinking individual but indeeds you support an ideology (Feminism ) which has it's roots in atheism and cultural Marxism

Can't you see the class warfare among genders that mordern Feminism has brought about, many men and women all over the world are against it's principles

You're supporting an Egalitarian-equalist ideology that is failing Woefully in scandanavian societies like Norway where the scientific facts and data is showing wider differences between sexes has increased the more feminized a society becomes

These proofs that inherently you are not logical but have become dogmatic and emotional with regards to these ideology you argue for ( gender equality ideology) given that certain facts and real scientific evidence has been presented to you

STEM(Science Technology Engineering Mathematics)programs in these countries are being neglected by women but they move to humanities and art courses

Engineering ratio 20:1 men : women
Nursing ratio 20:1 women : men
Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 9:05am On Jan 16, 2021
ImaIma1:

If the men love their wives as Christ loved the church as the other part of that verse says, the submission will not need to be demanded by the husbands.

But a man will treat his wife without love and respect but still demand and expect submission. Not every woman will readily submit at that point.

If she's not ready to submit to her husband the head of the house then she never loved him
Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 9:06am On Jan 16, 2021
ImaIma1:

They usually forget the other part of that verse that says they should love their wives but are quick to preach submission to their benefit.

The Bible also says women love your husband

Most women can't submit not because the husband doesn't love them but because they are incapable of loving their husband
Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by RuMiRgO1stSon: 9:23am On Jan 16, 2021
Mr Reno, you forget say this is 21 century not 1st century right? the era of patriarchy is over. men are not more human than the women... Submit only to God and others who deem worth it. #Womenarethefuture. #Feminist_in_the_making.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 9:28am On Jan 16, 2021
luvmijeje:

You. I. Don't do unto others what you won't accept.

Historically
We fought wars and you criticize us that we are babaric uncivilized animals

Remember we fought based on given laws (Masculine traditional laws)

Our body not our choice via compulsory govt drafts

Now 21st century

Women are now for killing unborn babies i.e promoting Infant genocide

Remember you are killing babies based on given law(Feminine imperative laws)

Your body your choice

1 Like

Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by ImaIma1(f): 9:33am On Jan 16, 2021
BLOODYSPERM:

The Bible also says women love your husband

Most women can't submit not because the husband doesn't love them but because they are incapable of loving their husband

That verse tslked about men loving and women submitting. You sre trying to twist it to suit your argument. Objectivity is important
Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 9:47am On Jan 16, 2021
ImaIma1:

That verse tslked about men loving and women submitting. You sre trying to twist it to suit your argument. Objectivity is important

I'm not twisting it both parties ought to love but for her to be submissive she must love her husband

The verse say love your husband and submit to him

Some reason why women won't submit can be because either they don't love their husband or their husband doesn't love them or they don't love each other
Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by ImaIma1(f): 9:54am On Jan 16, 2021
BLOODYSPERM:

I'm not twisting it both parties ought to love but for her to be submissive she must love her husband

The verse say love your husband and submit to him

Some reason why women won't submit can be because either they don't love their husband or their husband doesn't love them or they don't love each other

On the contrary, the bible says they should submit to each other. Enjoy below

Ephesians 5:21-28
[21]submitting to one another in the fear of God. Marriage—Christ and the Church

[22]Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord.

[23]For the husband is head of the wife, as also Christ is head of the church; and He is the Savior of the body.

[24]Therefore, just as the church is subject to Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in everything.

[25]Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her,

[26]that He might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word,

[27]that He might present her to Himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that she should be holy and without blemish.

[28]So husbands ought to love their own wives as their own bodies; he who loves his wife loves himself.

1 Like

Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 10:00am On Jan 16, 2021
ImaIma1:

On the contrary, the bible says they should submit to each other. Enjoy below

Ephesians 5:21-28
[21]submitting to one another in the fear of God. Marriage—Christ and the Church

[22]Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord.

[23]For the husband is head of the wife, as also Christ is head of the church; and He is the Savior of the body.

[24]Therefore, just as the church is subject to Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in everything.

[25]Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her,

[26]that He might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word,

[27]that He might present her to Himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that she should be holy and without blemish.

[28]So husbands ought to love their own wives as their own bodies; he who loves his wife loves himself.

How can you submit if you don't love and respect your husband but can operate with the love of Christ

My point is that some women not all women don't submit to their husband as their Lord in marriage even when their husband loves and respect

Wives submission is a choice not an obligation
Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by ImaIma1(f): 10:11am On Jan 16, 2021
BLOODYSPERM:

How can you submit if you don't love and respect your husband but can operate with the love of Christ

My point is that some women not all women don't submit to their husband as their Lord in marriage even when their husband loves and respect

Wives submission is a choice not an obligation

The bible already preaches love all through...love thy neighbour as thyself.

But these verses we are discussing were particularly for husband and wife for a good marriage. We are already supposed to have love in us to give. But the emphasis is for marriage. Men to love and women to submit. To be the head, it is easy to try to bully and lord over those you are head over, so love is emphasized.

And also, being a joint heir with Christ and a human being with emotions and a willpower like the man, it is not easy to submit, so there is also emphasis on that for the woman.

So before a man shouts "submit", is he loving?

4 Likes

Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by Priam: 10:43am On Jan 16, 2021
ImaIma1:
What people are on social media is quite different from what they are in their homes. Those claiming feminists can be meek and humble at home but they come online and mislead gullible ones.

Let's not be deceived o

Chimamanda says hi grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply)

Families In Africa Act As If They Own You When You Make Money- Mikel Obi Laments / He Lost His Job, His Wife Left Him By Joseph edgar / Charles Esimone Quadruplets: UNIZIK Deputy Vice Chancellor Welcomes 4 Babies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.