Stats: 3,151,100 members, 7,811,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:12 PM

"You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri - Family (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri (27497 Views)

After Divorce, Most Ladies Turn Feminist And Marriage Experts / Marrying A Feminist / My Dad's Treatment Of My Mum Made Me A Feminist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by CHoccolaTE: 8:55pm On Jan 16, 2021
BLOODYSPERM:

You are talking like a misandrist

Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jan 16, 2021
CHoccolaTE:

Men and women can synergize and complement each other
Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by CHoccolaTE: 9:02pm On Jan 16, 2021
BLOODYSPERM:

Men and women can synergize and complement each other

Yes, but minus abrahamic religions and plus plenty common sense.

Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jan 16, 2021
CHoccolaTE:

Why only Abrahamic religion, remove also all female gods , idols and goddesses

Since religion has failed
Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by ImaIma1(f): 9:21pm On Jan 16, 2021
BLOODYSPERM:

So you don't believe in abortion except the child pose a risk to the mothers health or life

I respect you for these strong decision you took

Yeah.

What strong decision did I take? shocked
Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jan 16, 2021
ImaIma1:

Yeah.

What strong decision did I take? shocked

The world is changing in a negative direction especially in Progressive societies like Canada

Valuing a child life by a mordern lady is rare as some want killing unborn babies to be their fundamental right
Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by Lazykulture: 9:30pm On Jan 16, 2021
1Dray:

You definitely don't know what it means to be a Christian, whoever taught you thus, you should flee from, because he's obviously deceiving you and doesn't mean well for you.
Who is a Christian
Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by CHoccolaTE: 11:15pm On Jan 16, 2021
BLOODYSPERM:

Why only Abrahamic religion, remove also all female gods , idols and goddesses

Since religion has failed

Whatever
Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by Pelecius: 7:46am On Jan 17, 2021
CHoccolaTE:

You seem to see Abrahamic religions (Christianity is my emphasis) in a different way from what it is. You portray it as bad and I have asked you before to show us why your claim is true which you didn't.
Imagine I claim that you are gay (mind you, I assume that you are a female and kinda support feminist ideology). If you bring me out to prove my claim because you are a female and male homosexual should detest you (assuming you're a feminist and misandrist). Yet I ignore your call to clear the air (since this look like defamation) but go on to repeat same 'erroneous' claim, how will you see me? Dumb? Crazy?
Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by CHoccolaTE: 9:47am On Jan 17, 2021
Pelecius:

You seem to see Abrahamic religions (Christianity is my emphasis) in a different way from what it is. You portray it as bad and I have asked you before to show us why your claim is true which you didn't.
Imagine I claim that you are gay (mind you, I assume that you are a female and kinda support feminist ideology). If you bring me out to prove my claim because you are a female and male homosexual should detest you (assuming you're a feminist and misandrist). Yet I ignore your call to clear the air (since this look like defamation) but go on to repeat same 'erroneous' claim, how will you see me? Dumb? Crazy?

Why do you think I care how you see me?
Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by Pelecius: 11:03am On Jan 17, 2021
CHoccolaTE:

Why do you think I care how you see me?
I want to believe that you'll take such "accusation" serious if it'll swing public opinion about you, if it could put you in danger (imagine me screaming such and you are in Iran or Pakistan), etc.
Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by CHoccolaTE: 11:09am On Jan 17, 2021
Pelecius:

I want to believe that you'll take such "accusation" serious if it'll swing public opinion about you, if it could put you in danger (imagine me screaming such and you are in Iran or Pakistan), etc.
But that is not going to happen is it?
Oga rest abeg, I don't have any interest in any religious debate.
Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by Pelecius: 11:22am On Jan 17, 2021
CHoccolaTE:

But that is not going to happen is it?
Oga rest abeg, I don't have any interest in any religious debate.
Anyway, it seems that you don't have any tangible thing against Christianity since you've refused to address your claims.
For the sake of common sense (who defines it sef?) that you talked about the other time, it'll be matured (and intelligent) of you to not make claims without any logical basic as that should be against 'common sense'
Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by 1Dray(m): 12:01pm On Jan 18, 2021
Lazykulture:
Who is a Christian

A Christian is a follower of Christ. A Christian is someone that lives a christlike life.
Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by apatheticme(f): 1:17pm On Jan 19, 2021
WoundedLamb:

But the idea of being identified as a feminist is not about joining any group or openly declaring yourself as one. It's a matter of your actions as can be perceived by others. So if you see a misandrist and you still call them feminist simply cause you want to call the dog a bad name, it's absolutely your decision. You seem enlightened enough to know the difference so if you have any problem with misandrists, call them out and stop calling them feminists unless you have an agenda to diminish the true essence of feminism cause you feel threatened by it. Some of the people advocating for women rights are happily married with kids but you'd rather judge the concept of feminism by the words of the misandrist in your street. It's understandable that a man sees a woman asking for equality as a threat to his superiority but that shouldn't make us muddle up things.

There's hardly ever a thread here that doesn't end up with Nairaland boys insulting women and calling them all sorts of names. Threads pop up every minute to insult Nigerian girls. A lady is called an ashawo once she's rich and flashy. A woman shouldn't live alone or aspire to be too rich. A female can hardly give her opinion on Nairaland without being called a hoe and yet the guys that sleep with the so-called hoes are untouchable. In fact the gender bias has almost driven away all the ladies on the app. But it's someone that's asking for women to be included when her late father's property is being shared that's a sexist? Someone asking for the gander to get what the goose is enjoying is the sexist? And what exactly is "modern feminists". Was there some kind of feminism practiced during the time of our ancestors that we don't know about?

Hypocrisy Lives here! Right here on this app!! Foolishness and hatred is celebrated 24/7 here. Many have learnt to avoid the toxic space for peace of mind!

The bolded Aptly summarizes the Nigerian society! It's choking to be a female in this country, Tufia!
Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by DEMZEE(m): 4:36pm On Jan 22, 2021
ImaIma1:

If the men love their wives as Christ loved the church as the other part of that verse says, the submission will not need to be demanded by the husbands.

But a man will treat his wife without love and respect but still demand and expect submission. Not every woman will readily submit at that point.

Why will a woman settle down for a man who she doesn't love and respect and he doesn't love and respect her in the first place
Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by olyrayy(m): 8:41am On Feb 02, 2021
bukatyne:

That Beyonce point is moot.

Why people can't see she is trying to sell market is beyond me.

Husband cheated, she forgave and went on to have twins.

If that is not the classic Nigerian wife advise, I don't know what else is.

This is a woman who thrives on objectifying herself sexually. The day Beyonce stops been seen as a sex object in her current business model, she starts losing fans and money.

Chimamanda is a much better ambassador of modern feminism: Neatly and decently dressed; known for her intellect alone.

If Chimamanda decided to wear a burka today, it doesn't affect her relevance or income.

Abi O. Look at Hilary Clinton sef. Her husband cheated and is a serial cheater, but she's still with him. Probably for political reasons.

The same way beyonce is still with Jay Z, probably because dude is far richer.
Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by Speedy001(m): 8:38pm On Apr 09, 2021
ImaIma1:
;
wink
how are you dear
Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by ImaIma1(f): 10:05pm On Apr 09, 2021
Speedy001:

how are you dear

I am good
Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by Speedy001(m): 5:25am On Apr 10, 2021
ImaIma1:

I am good
nam itang iko ke WhatsApp nno number nfo

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply)

Please Married Nairalanders, What Would You Do In This Situation? / 6 Mistakes You Make That Makes Your Day Unproductive / How Do You Handle Moms And Their Unending WhatsApp Broadcast?