Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters (88598 Views)

Marriage: Women Decry Lack Of Financially Eligible Suitors / How Guys Use Marriage To Plunge Themselves Into Perpetual Poverty. / "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by Senatoraku: 10:24pm On Jan 15, 2021
RedPanthar:
E be like say one Bobo Don carry Zzor go. This one we nor dey too see her break light tongue
I just thought of that also grin
Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by Nehyooh(m): 10:25pm On Jan 15, 2021
TruthHurts1:
Maybe the maids are more endowed...........

[img]https://images./6APDXnTUrjoAG63pQLCskR.gif[/img]
Big Ass can NEVER entice me !

5 Likes

Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jan 15, 2021
If I Marry you and I can't come back Home to meet A Clean house & A well cooked meal wetin I gain?

9 Likes

Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by budusky05(m): 10:25pm On Jan 15, 2021
Abeg speak foe ueself, that's what you get when you raise bad girls

When you go about maltreating the maid you never know she will grow to have good manners

3 Likes

Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by lordswill03: 10:25pm On Jan 15, 2021
E shock you?? When you were training the maid instead of the child nko

4 Likes

Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by mrksquare: 10:26pm On Jan 15, 2021
I couldn't agrees less. Now I know why my uncle came back from America and got married to a maid he met at his friends house. At first I was surprised at his choice of wife given that he is very educated, but now it is becoming clearer why he opted for her. His wife is domestically grounded and parades acceptable mannerism.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by 99thEnemy(m): 10:26pm On Jan 15, 2021
TruthHurts1:
Maybe the maids are more endowed...........

[img]https://images./6APDXnTUrjoAG63pQLCskR.gif[/img]

The GIF shaaaa grin grin grin

last last we muuuuuve for decent girls ( fly towards her sef if she is hot ) not village girls oh!

I can't settle with a girl if she isn't civilized even if she is decent.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jan 15, 2021
It is a good article...and I liked it

The problem is, many Nigerian men will use this article to point out their wives and girlfiriends weaknesses...and refuse to correct their own.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by richie240: 10:27pm On Jan 15, 2021
Slackerpenguin2:

The same bible also says husbands should love their wives as Christ loved the church to the point that he laid down his life for the church...

“Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it.

Are you ready to love your wife to the point of giving yourself....for her.?

You want a submissive wife, but you are too proud to change yourself. Be careful.
True, d bible says to men to love their wives just as the same bible asks women to submit to her husband as d head/leader!

Are you ready to love your wife to the point of giving yourself....for her.?
I hope u aren't insinuating that the 'love' I shd have for my wife should negate her submission to me as d husband?

3 Likes

Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by jaxxy(m): 10:29pm On Jan 15, 2021
Sometimes we need to ask what are these daughters or gals bringing to the table?? Lol

3 Likes

Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by Churchill6767: 10:30pm On Jan 15, 2021
Dirakamara:
Only a mumu guy go settle with an illiterate, almost all gals nw are graduates, gals just need to work on their characters and just that

You can be a graduate AND still be illiterate, conversely, there are so many persons who aren't graduates but are super smart. Your point doesn't hold water.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jan 15, 2021
richie240:

True, d bible says to men to love their wives just as the same bible asks women to submit to her husband as d head/leader!

So, what's d issue here?
cool

That you are not ready to be humble enough to lay down your life for your wife.

Thatrt's the issue....you don't want to be like Christ, who though he was God, lowered himself, and humbled himself to die on the cross to save us from sin.

From your comment...you don't want to love your wife to the point where you would be willing to lay down your life for her.

5 Likes

Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by Edusouls(m): 10:31pm On Jan 15, 2021
Men are looking for care, love � and affection in Nigerian girls, they cannot give what they don’t have..

4 Likes

Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by Blueelf: 10:32pm On Jan 15, 2021
chinchonglee:
Knowing how to cook and clean to me can never be a criteria to marry a girl.
What turns me on is smartness!

When she mistakenly poisons you in the name of cooking, you go know how far. Let's see if her "smartness" will be the antidote to your stomach troubles...

3 Likes

Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by TeemahBeddings: 10:32pm On Jan 15, 2021
MinerI3:
frustrated and bitter bitch.
Reason why you're single at 40

grin tongue

2 Likes

Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by NSK4U(m): 10:33pm On Jan 15, 2021
great piece.

hope female folks don't turn it into baseless argument as they often do when advised.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jan 15, 2021
So many men and women looking for perfection in other human beings...when the fact is, human beings are very very imperfect....

7 Likes

Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by karkel(m): 10:34pm On Jan 15, 2021
TeemahBeddings:
Okkkk.

If you want someone who will do all your chores for you. Hire a maid. You are your partner helper. Simply because you are the man doesn't mean you should turn your wife into a slave. During our forefather's time, the sole responsibility of the woman is to hold the home front and help on the farm once in a while, the man brings the food and money to the table. But now, you want a maid and someone who brings money to the house.

Shameless bunch of men tongue
overrule
Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by TeemahBeddings: 10:35pm On Jan 15, 2021
karkel:
overrule
grin embarassed tongue
Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by angelfallz(m): 10:35pm On Jan 15, 2021
i agree with her 100%
however, it is because mothers are so busy trying to do housework and at the same time have a career, that they don't have time to teach their daughters the required skills that would serve them in future.

My stance on the roles of wives and mothers is very well known on this forum, no need to say it again.

Another topic for another day is, how our boys don't know how to be men

christopher123:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thenewsnigeria.com.ng/2017/03/06/suitors-now-prefer-our-maids-to-our-daughters/amp/

5 Likes

Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by King44(m): 10:35pm On Jan 15, 2021
RedPanthar:
E be like say one Bobo Don carry Zzor go. This one we nor dey too see her break light tongue
Zzor has been taken finally.... At least she go turn better wife cone Nairaland tell us how she used to be a feminist.

2 Likes

Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by Kingluqman(m): 10:37pm On Jan 15, 2021
That smart one you are looking for go cost you DNA later ooo grin
FuckThaMod:
I've seen many maids get married before their oga daughters. They are hardworking, better cook and very submissive.
Let ogas keep allowing their fat lazy daughters to be pressing phones and rubbing make upandan.

You're right tho.. The girl i wanted to marry initially was a good cook, very nice, obedient, very sexy and good in bed.. But was extremely dumb!! Omo i had to break up with her cos it was becoming very frustrating.. God forgive me cry

3 Likes

Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by Sirmuel1(m): 10:37pm On Jan 15, 2021
Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by 99thEnemy(m): 10:38pm On Jan 15, 2021
RedPanthar:
You mean Bobo Ban ? grin grin grin grin

Bobo carry her go to go rest small grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by jaxxy(m): 10:39pm On Jan 15, 2021
TeemahBeddings:
Okkkk.

If you want someone who will do all your chores for you. Hire a maid. You are your partner helper. Simply because you are the man doesn't mean you should turn your wife into a slave. During our forefather's time, the sole responsibility of the woman is to hold the home front and help on the farm once in a while, the man brings the food and money to the table. But now, you want a maid and someone who brings money to the house.

Forefathers time women did lots of farming and brought food, money if she sold anything and still fetch water from the river.. Men hunt, farm, protect and bring money from sales or work also. Helping out at home is fine bt not necessary for men.

Why women want to be lazy and dependent on men just to respect and be loyal to them beats me. Women (some) have become less industrious and when they achieve something small it’s reason enough to act ridiculous. Bad behavior everywhere and it’s all because of fvcking Money. undecided

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jan 15, 2021
teacherbim:

Do you think is all about endowed? Wise men don't give a shit about that
but wise women give a shit about money? Leave everyone to their preference biko.
Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by angelfallz(m): 10:40pm On Jan 15, 2021
TeemahBeddings:
Okkkk.

hmm, i haven't heard or seen where a man expects a woman to do all the house chores and also bring money to the house. it is usually women that on their own do all the house chores and still want to have a career.

The best arrangement in my opinion is one parent works(preferably the man) while the other(preferably the woman) takes care of the home.

7 Likes

Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by Aabheaven(m): 10:40pm On Jan 15, 2021
TeemahBeddings:
Okkkk.

why blame the male gender or was the article written by a man. Or is it that u lack understanding and uncouth. Such Ill mannered piece of thing. Put your frustration someone daft thing

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by angelfallz(m): 10:41pm On Jan 15, 2021
Wow, i did not think you would agree with it.

CalliDora1:
Thank God, mum did a good job on us in the domestic area and both parents ensured we had a good and sound education.

Imagine being made to cook at the age of 10 for the whole house.. mum made sure of that and we still lived the best aje butter life ever. Now, everyone is a pro in everything.

Oga, loud it!
Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by angelfallz(m): 10:42pm On Jan 15, 2021
Question please. How does being a housewife equate to being a slave?

FreezedIced:
The men that are getting married to the maids just because they are not good at doing house chores have siblings (sisters) that maid would be preferred to them also. You watched you parents pampered your sister then want another man daughter to be your slave all in the name of housewife.

Being smart, caring and intelligent is enough to have a good home

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now / Ghana: Family Reunites With 20-Year-Old Son Who Was Missing At Age 2 / Man Catches His Wife In A Hotel With Man, Says "I Have The Right To Kill You"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.