Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,087 members, 7,953,307 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:56 PM

Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters (89343 Views)

Marriage: Women Decry Lack Of Financially Eligible Suitors / How Guys Use Marriage To Plunge Themselves Into Perpetual Poverty. / "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by lebete3000: 12:00am On Jan 16, 2021
FuckThaMod:
I've seen many maids get married before their oga daughters. They are hardworking, better cook and very submissive.
Let ogas keep allowing their fat lazy daughters to be pressing phones and rubbing make upandan.

You're right tho.. The girl i wanted to marry initially was a good cook, very nice, obedient, very sexy and good in bed.. But was extremely dumb!! Omo i had to break up with her cos it was becoming very frustrating.. God forgive me cry

Omo hook me up with the babe, I want to check something...
Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by SocialJustice: 12:00am On Jan 16, 2021
sweetrace:

you talk about women knowing their place. Please enlighten us. What is the place of a woman so the rest of us can learn.
I've seen your trap and I've swerved. cheesy

Go figure for yourself. Make whatever you will of it. tongue

2 Likes

Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by lebete3000: 12:05am On Jan 16, 2021
Chii59:
That goes to say that the average Nigerian man wants a MAID, not a wife in the sense of the word, PARTNERSHIP, but a subservient, docile, baby maker, who's only good for the kitchen and the other room, but never an equal who's capable of making and taking decisions in the homestead when and where necessary.
What you want is what you get.
Cool.

And that kind of woman would be the wisest woman on earth who would enjoy the best life has to offer from that "average Nigerian man".

Women control men indirectly by being submissive, the same way we indirect "control" or move God to going ALL out for us, with our obedience.

All a man needs is respect, and he won't even know when he's putting his life on the line for you. A man can NEVER be attracted to a woman who sees herself his equal.

Know this and know peace.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by cooooooks(m): 12:08am On Jan 16, 2021
Many parents do not care about the people who are getting married. They are more concerned with the 'pedigree' of the families these people come from.

So if their son or daughter comes with someone to marry, many times, the parents are not guaging the "worthiness" of the potential in-law on who this in-law is.

1 Like

Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by davidadenrele: 12:09am On Jan 16, 2021
I hope DJ Cuppy is reading this!!

1 Like

Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by lebete3000: 12:12am On Jan 16, 2021
Slackerpenguin2:
So many men and women looking for perfection in other human beings...when the fact is, human beings are very very imperfect....

But some are more imperfect than others. Most especially those that don't even know they are flawed.

2 Likes

Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by Zooposki(f): 12:15am On Jan 16, 2021
womenareapes:
undecided

when your daughters will be busy riding diiicks from one person to another like monkey looking for banana!

to be honest! Naija girls are not good for marriage! not even good for fvcking undecided

there are just wasting earth space!

The men are even more useless. All manners of atrocities.

2 Likes

Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by nyiamfrank: 12:16am On Jan 16, 2021
A man knows what he wants. Mumu know him way!
Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by Le2money(m): 12:17am On Jan 16, 2021
Turn your daughter (s) to maid(s) then grin grin grin
Who wan marry spoilt brats

1 Like

Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by lebete3000: 12:17am On Jan 16, 2021
richie240:

This is where 'Christian-feminists' (sounds like 'beautiful-beasts', 'holy devils' to d ears cool ) r getting it twisted.

The commandment of God for d husband to 'love d wife' doesn't negate His commandment for the 'wife to submit to her husband'. The 'love' doesn't change d fact DT d wife must recognize his husband as her lord!.

The 'humility/love' of d man for his wife doesn't change d fact that that same woman is under him; he is her lord!

Did Christ die for us so that sin can abound?
That same 'Christ of love' is also a 'Christ of judgement'!

The fact DT Christ proved His love 4 us by dying on d cross 4 us doesnt give us d licence to disrespect him by sinning; same goes for d woman: the love her husband has for her shdnt be taken for granted and used to be disrespectful/insubmissive to her husbandman!
cool

Once again, u missed d mark!
I can love my wife to die, to protect her, but that shdnt be an excuse for her to be unsubmissive/disrespectful/combative to me as her husband/lord!
cool

Your head is greasy, oil too dey there...

2 Likes

Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by Magnoliaa(f): 12:18am On Jan 16, 2021
Highlight of tonight's news as it is happening on NLTV: Patriachal Nigerian men dump the Christian ideals of a HELPMEET and INDUSTRIOUS PROVERBS 31 Woman for the cultural value: wife = cook. They are claiming all they need for a peaceful marriage is a woman who knows how to cook; they also indirectly assert that the OLDER Nigerian women (i.e., their mothers' generation) are responsible for the breakdown of marriages nowadays—

**signal goes off and on**

What happens in the next minute? Hour? Coming days? Where their belle go face? Championing Western women who are undomesticated over Nigerian women? Stay tuned, as this is still a breaking story.

Tweet with #MangoComments to join in the conversation.

2 Likes

Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by Nobody: 12:20am On Jan 16, 2021
Magnoliaa:

Highlight of tonight's news as it is happening on NLTV: Patriachal Nigerian men dump the Christian ideals of a HELPMEET and INDUSTRIOUS PROVERBS 31 Woman for the cultural value: wife = cook. They are claiming all they need for a peaceful marriage is a woman who knows how to cook; they also indirectly assert that the OLDER Nigerian women (i.e., their mothers' generation) are responsible for the breakdown of marriages nowadays—

**signal goes off and on**

What happens in the next minute? Hour? Coming days? Where their belle go face? Championing Western women who are undomesticated over Nigerian women? Stay tuned, as this is still a breaking story.

Tweet with #MangoComments to join in the conversation.
The same men who say their mothers are goddesses are still faulting their mother's generation for spoiling present day young women....
Long yawn. My sis, children everywhere.

2 Likes

Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by Nobody: 12:23am On Jan 16, 2021
lebete3000:

And that kind of woman would be the wisest woman on earth who would enjoy the best life has to offer from that "average Nigerian man".

Women control men indirectly by being submissive, the same way we indirect "control" or move God to going ALL out for us, with our obedience.

All a man needs is respect, and he won't even know when he's putting his life on the line for you. A man can NEVER be attracted to a woman who sees herself his equal.

Oh dear. Poor thing, I see you sweating up and down this post. Seems you're invincible. No one cares about the noise you make.
There, there, sorry for the stress. You are talking to the wrong generation. Do you need a megaphone? grin

4 Likes

Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by Splitmind: 12:24am On Jan 16, 2021
Just shows that redpill guys were right and fools in denial will keep fighting them to their detriment.

1 Like

Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by Stallione(m): 12:24am On Jan 16, 2021
because ur daughters are spoilt brats,they can nither clean the house,wash dishes and cloths but maids can do all.All the daughters knows how to do is bleep the hell out of ur dickson,dat one na marriage?? grin

1 Like

Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by phazotron(m): 12:25am On Jan 16, 2021
lebete3000:

You better leave these irredeemable creatures alone.

1 Like

Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by Magnoliaa(f): 12:28am On Jan 16, 2021
Chii59:

The same men who say their mothers are goddesses are still faulting their mother's generation for spoiling present day young women....
Long yawn. My sis, children everywhere.

You see the merry-go-round of their clashing thoughts ehn, hop on it if you wanna have your fun, if you can remain sane or just observe from afar and see where it'll end up crashing into. grin

3 Likes

Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by TemmyT002(m): 12:35am On Jan 16, 2021
Gerrard59:
This article has been recycled countless times on the FP. Don't you guys get tired?

BTW, like in most Nigerian written articles, no surveys or peer-reviewed studies on how they came about the outcome. Just vibes, cobwebs and coconut in their heads.

Seeing it for the first time actually and I have been here a long time.
Not everything is about you, please.
Let others learn abeg.

2 Likes

Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by lebete3000: 12:37am On Jan 16, 2021
Chii59:

Oh dear. Poor thing, I see you sweating up and down this post. Seems you're invincible. No one cares about the noise you make.
There, there, sorry for the stress. You are talking to the wrong generation. Do you need a megaphone? grin

Abi?

1 Like

Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by Gerrard59(m): 12:41am On Jan 16, 2021
TemmyT002:

Seeing it for the first time actually and I have been here a long time.
Not everything is about you, please.
Let others learn abeg.

Except you have/had an old account, you have not been here for a long time. 2018 is not a long time ago.

2 Likes

Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by NoToPile: 12:43am On Jan 16, 2021
All these threads sha,

I have seen this article different times, and I am almost sure it will turn to another woman bashing thread.

What I did notice is there is something wrong with the parenting style of this generation, children are being allowed to do whatever they want , no discipline.

Like someone of page 1 said , we are complaining of the current youngsters abi let's wait till the infant and toddlers of this age grow up then we will know what's up.

Parents should train their children, why would a parent allow a child to do whatever he/she likes? That's not how our parents trained us. A lot of parents are raising spoilt children, no rules nothing just behanving anyhow. Are you a parent? Discipline your child.

3 Likes

Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by TemmyT002(m): 12:45am On Jan 16, 2021
Gerrard59:

Except you have/had an old account, you have not been here for a long time. 2018 is not a long time ago.

Hmmm

Sha remember that more new people join Nairaland everyday.

1 Like

Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by sharpwriter(m): 12:47am On Jan 16, 2021
mrksquare:
I couldn't agrees less. Now I know why my uncle came back from America and got married to a maid he met at his friends house. At first I was surprised at his choice of wife given that he is very educated, but now it is becoming clearer why he opted for her. His wife is domestically grounded and parades acceptable mannerism.

lol ... yur uncle don see fire for America; grin hence, he had to choose wisely for his peace of mind's sake.

2 Likes

Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by NoToPile: 1:00am On Jan 16, 2021
richie240:

This is where 'Christian-feminists' (sounds like 'beautiful-beasts', 'holy devils' to d ears cool ) r getting it twisted.

The commandment of God for d husband to 'love d wife' doesn't negate His commandment for the 'wife to submit to her husband'. The 'love' doesn't change d fact DT d wife must recognize his husband as her lord!.

The 'humility/love' of d man for his wife doesn't change d fact that that same woman is under him; he is her lord!

Did Christ die for us so that sin can abound?
That same 'Christ of love' is also a 'Christ of judgement'!

The fact DT Christ proved His love 4 us by dying on d cross 4 us doesnt give us d licence to disrespect him by sinning; same goes for d woman: the love her husband has for her shdnt be taken for granted and used to be disrespectful/insubmissive to her husbandman!
cool

Once again, u missed d mark!
I can love my wife to die, to protect her, but that shdnt be an excuse for her to be unsubmissive/disrespectful/combative to me as her husband/lord!
cool

You still don't get it and you are twisting your reply. It was a simple question - Are you ready to lay down your life for your wife as Christ did for the church?

There was a reason why husbands love your wives comes before wives submit to your husband. A woman will hardly ( genuinely) submit to a man who doesn't love ( the way christ loved the church)her

Husband will love and wife will submit its that simple.

Now I will ask clearly are you ready to lay down your life for her as Christ did for the church? I believe you have a full grasp of what Christ did for the church if yes as you have stated then you should know it might actually be easier for a woman to submit than a man ( of this generation) to love his wife as God has commanded it.
It is also difficult for a woman not to submit to that man that loves her as God commanded.

Love her- she submits she won't even disrespect you.

And 1st Corinthians 13 also shows us characteristics of love ( maybe a part)

2 Likes

Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by Quincy84: 1:06am On Jan 16, 2021
Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by richie240: 1:07am On Jan 16, 2021
NoToPile:

You still don't get it and you are twisting your reply. It was a simple question - Are you ready to lay down your life for your wife as Christ did for the church?

There was a reason why husbands love your wives comes before wives submit to your husband. A woman will hardly ( genuinely) submit to a man who doesn't love ( the way christ loved the church)her

Husband will love and wife will submit its that simple.

Now I will ask clearly are you ready to lay down your life for her as Christ did for the church? I believe you have a full grasp of what Christ did for the church if yes as you have stated then you should know it might actually be easier for a woman to submit than a man ( of this generation) to love his wife as God has commanded it.
It is also difficult for a woman not to submit to that man that loves her as God commanded.

Lover her- she submits she won't even disrespect you.

Are u d same person as d moniker I quoted earlier?
I just wanna know.
Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by NoToPile: 1:08am On Jan 16, 2021
richie240:

Are u d same person as d moniker I quoted earlier?
I just wanna know.

No

Followed the convo
Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by TeemahBeddings: 1:19am On Jan 16, 2021
grin tongue
JESHAL:

Stupid progressive harlott
Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by TeemahBeddings: 1:20am On Jan 16, 2021
FirstbornWds:

You sincerely need to read that piece with a good, well balanced head to grasp what the point is all about. A good adult is supposed balance through without emotions, sometimes.
I did. Thanks
Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by TeemahBeddings: 1:21am On Jan 16, 2021
samx4real:

With this stupid mentality

You no go fit stay for man house.
hahaha.... You don't mean it tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. / Girls night out discussions / Twerking Young Girl Amazes Social Media Users, Goes Viral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.