Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,920 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:11 PM

Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters (88488 Views)

Marriage: Women Decry Lack Of Financially Eligible Suitors / How Guys Use Marriage To Plunge Themselves Into Perpetual Poverty. / "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by themanderon: 7:58am On Jan 16, 2021
So true. In fact at times I am amazed at the kind of ladies we have today. So full of themselves yet they bring absolutely nothing to the table relationship wise. A terrible failure on the part of the parents who have so over pampered them to the point that some are so utterly useless. They cant cook, they cant clean, have absolutely terrible and highly reprehensible characters and attitudes, and they are so stuck up that they cannot be corrected. One wonders what they were taught by the parents who have done a very terrible job of raising ornaments that may be beautiful but not fit for purpose. Imagine one telling me she cannot cook or wash for her husband that he will have to get a maid for that. She later confessed to me that she cannot cook, and she rarely does any house chores that mother never allowed her, Imagine! Now such a lady would get married to a man and be a liability to him, need I add that she has a very bad attitude and one doesn't need any soothsayer to know she will be a terrible wife. I have married sisters who were properly trained and whose husbands came to appreciate my parents with gifts for training my sisters well. Sadly some of my brothers ended up marrying these terrible women we are talking about. So full of themselves, some cannot cook, some with very terrible attitudes that one wonders what type of family they must have come from.
I must really appreciate some of these southern African countries like south Africa, who despite their civilization still take out time to educate their children especially their young girls on their cultures. They have not allowed the western way of life to influence their cultures. They teach their young ladies ethics that would make them good wives in future. Maybe that's what we may need to start doing to mitigate the effects of excessive westernization that is destroying our society today.

3 Likes

Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by pacespot(m): 7:58am On Jan 16, 2021
The fact that someone can stoop herself low to become maid, the probability is much higher she will be a good wife.

1 Like

Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by GEEBITE: 7:58am On Jan 16, 2021
You cant stop her from being proud of her heritage and bring properly raised.
Wunna:
Nobody asked you. Go sit your ass downangry
Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by GEEBITE: 8:04am On Jan 16, 2021
She will order pizza and coke.Lol
Jeffy1206:
it is not but marry one that is very lazy and can't cook, then invite your friends to the house for the weekend, ask her to cook for them... cool then on boiz outings, come back and tell us how you feel later after they must have let you know how you fukup grin cheesy wink wink
Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by CSTRR: 8:12am On Jan 16, 2021
If you see how poorly trained a lot of ladies are nowadays, you go shock.
Na to press phone and go on dates dem sabi.

Many ladies can't cook a perfect jollof rice.

Ordinary jollof rice.

We are not even talking the local soups.

1 Like

Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by CSTRR: 8:15am On Jan 16, 2021
The Ladies that can really cook are the local ones.

And it is sad.

Most times when you see a well educated lady, she can't cook well.
Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by Laggatumuch(m): 8:20am On Jan 16, 2021
Dirakamara:
Only a mumu guy go settle with an illiterate, almost all gals nw are graduates, gals just need to work on their characters and just that
I can train her to make her dreams a reality, education is never too late.
Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by tamsb: 8:29am On Jan 16, 2021
Derrylatei:
Well written article. It's an unarguable facts that most parent makes their maid better wife material than their beloved daughters. Parent needs not to over pampered their daughter.

We should start by knowing that parenting is both parents not mothers alone.
Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by engrlarex(m): 8:34am On Jan 16, 2021
Well Articulated
Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by BigBashiru: 8:37am On Jan 16, 2021
Nonexistent:
Why won't they when you all train your maids while your daughters lazy about and turn to leeches that live off men when they grow up.

Not just leeches but making women too career focused isn't good..tbey should have careers but they should have their career in parallel to marriage....
Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by BigBashiru: 8:38am On Jan 16, 2021
pacespot:
The fact that someone can stoop herself low to become maid, the probability is much higher she will be a good wife.

Nigerians and ego. Maid is a job just like other jobs there's no "stooping low" involved.

1 Like

Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by BigBashiru: 8:39am On Jan 16, 2021
tamsb:

We should start by knowing that parenting is both parents not mothers alone.

Well said
Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by Nobody: 8:39am On Jan 16, 2021
sweetrace:

you talk about women knowing their place. Please enlighten us. What is the place of a woman so the rest of us can learn.

Behind a successman there is a woman ... do you still need help.
Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by Lightorder: 8:45am On Jan 16, 2021
TeemahBeddings:
Okkkk. Come and buy bedsheets

If you want someone who will do all your chores for you. Hire a maid. You are your partner helper. Simply because you are the man doesn't mean you should turn your wife into a slave. During our forefather's time, the sole responsibility of the woman is to hold the home front and help on the farm once in a while, the man brings the food and money to the table. But now, you want a maid and someone who brings money to the house.

Shameless bunch of men tongue
you are the lazy and shameless on here ma. That was how they were glorifying it on Nigeriainfofm the other day. Men should be cooking for their wives because they are equal. They were dragging and arguing it back and forth on air. My wife who was listening with me laughed ,sighed and said, “ biko, when has cooking become a big work now”? “All these lazy women sef, how many minutes does it take to cook”.
Cooking, I repeat, cooking shouldn’t be part of what a mother should start crying about as a big task. If you are a woman who doesn’t know how to cook for your husband, you have LOST the battle. It is jus a matter of time , you will regret it. For you fake men who see nothing wrong about a maid or iya Kunle eatery taking care of your tummy, you will soon be real. In case, my wife is a busy Manager in a health institution, a pharmacist . So you don’t think she has all the time in the world
Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by KarLmax20(m): 8:46am On Jan 16, 2021
chinchonglee:
Knowing how to cook and clean to me can never be a criteria to marry a girl.
What turns me on is smartness!
smartness is good but don't take away cleanliness. No man like piglike character in his house as a wife.
Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by novaman: 8:47am On Jan 16, 2021
I understand perfectly why some people will never this simple article.

Some people think simply because you were trained like a maid, means you will end up as one in your husband's house. The training only guide you to balance the other half.

A good husband would have also benefited from some manly activities growing; whenever there's a need for a manly presence in some job, the man shows up; e.g someone needs to move the fridge and washing machine.

Marriage is partnership, both partners must compliment one another. One or both of them must know how to do different stuff. One or both of them must know how to cook, drive, wash etc
Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by chris51(f): 8:56am On Jan 16, 2021
The daughters are spoilt while the maids are maid to do the cleaning and cooking which are good qualities of wives
Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by chris51(f): 8:56am On Jan 16, 2021
chris51:
The daughters are spoilt while the maids are maid to do the cleaning and cooking which are good qualities of wives
Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by freddaboh(m): 9:14am On Jan 16, 2021
lebete3000:

And that kind of woman would be the wisest woman on earth who would enjoy the best life has to offer from that "average Nigerian man".

Women control men indirectly by being submissive, the same way we indirect "control" or move God to going ALL out for us, with our obedience.

All a man needs is respect, and he won't even know when he's putting his life on the line for you. A man can NEVER be attracted to a woman who sees herself his equal.

Know this and know peace.
That's not far from the truth.

1 Like

Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by orlaglobal234: 9:18am On Jan 16, 2021
See these rich people they 're very heartless set of people, SO maids are not human being again or they don't deserve good husband set of bad people
Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by Nobody: 9:25am On Jan 16, 2021
Wunna:

Continue like this and keep going to shiloh every year with your teeth like rake angry
You mean your momma's teeth?

1 Like

Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by Codes151(m): 9:25am On Jan 16, 2021
Lovely write up
Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by Nobody: 9:26am On Jan 16, 2021
2016easy2017:

She washes the clothes
Cook good meal
Take care of my children
Clean my house
Then rests and relaxes the way she wants while I do others. This way she won't be Mrs FCMB, she won't make loosed ravaged daughters for me, she prevented my children from being kidnapped etc etc
Didn't ask for your life story, oga.

1 Like

Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by Nobody: 9:29am On Jan 16, 2021
chijokz:

Be like say I don find wife o.
@CalliDora..are you single?

Lol funny you.
Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by favinvest: 9:33am On Jan 16, 2021
first, the so-called maids are humans too.

second, parents re indirectly training the so-called maids to become better wife materials than their daughters unknowingly..
when u give 90% of all the domestic works to the maids and u allow ur daughters to be sleeping and forming slay queen..

who do u think will become a better wife material in the future?

who among the two can manage a home better in the future??

someone said in this 21st century, u re a Bleep or sex material if u only have beauty & make-ups but u re a wife material if u have beauty, make-up, good home management skills, Emotional intelligent skills, brains etc

1 Like

Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by angelfallz(m): 9:44am On Jan 16, 2021
chinchonglee

You said
Knowing how to cook and clean to me can never be a criteria to marry a girl.
What turns me on is smartness!

I now asked, "who said it's the only criteria?" What I meant was who said that knowing how to cook and clean is the only criteria to marry a girl.

But your response,
What other qualities do house maids have?
Tells me that you look down on house maids. Are you trying to tell me that all housemaids don't have any other quality apart from cooking and cleaning?

Are you also trying to tell me that a lady cooks and cleans don't have any other quality apart from cooking and cleaning?

Are there not ladies who can cook, clean and smart?
Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by Nobody: 9:44am On Jan 16, 2021
Amumaigwe:

[s]That's why this your warped generation is doomed. Your philosophies are failing you, yet you refuse to accept helps you crave for just because it does not align with your philosophies that have already failed you. It is a viscious circle.[/s]
Stop making noise.

2 Likes

Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by CHoccolaTE: 9:44am On Jan 16, 2021
Lightorder:
you are the lazy and shameless on here ma. That was how they were glorifying it on Nigeriainfofm the other day. Men should be cooking for their wives because they are equal. They were dragging and arguing it back and forth on air. My wife who was listening with me laughed ,sighed and said, “ biko, when has cooking become a big work now”? “All these lazy women sef, how many minutes does it take to cook”.
Cooking, I repeat, cooking shouldn’t be part of what a mother should start crying about as a big task. If you are a woman who doesn’t know how to cook for your husband, you have LOST the battle. It is jus a matter of time , you will regret it. For you fake men who see nothing wrong about a maid or iya Kunle eatery taking care of your tummy, you will soon be real. In case, my wife is a busy Manager in a health institution, a pharmacist . So you don’t think she has all the time in the world

If cooking is not such a big task then you should be able to help her with it all the time.

Also join in cleaning the house and going to market and buying foodstuffs, tomatoes, pepper etc, and running new born baby things and looking after kids because your wife is co provider.

How would you feel if your daughter marries a man she is providing for but he abandons housework for her because she is female?

1 Like

Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by SavageMaster: 9:46am On Jan 16, 2021
TeemahBeddings:

If you want someone who will do all your chores for you. Hire a maid. You are your partner helper. Simply because you are the man doesn't mean you should turn your wife into a slave. During our forefather's time, the sole responsibility of the woman is to hold the home front and help on the farm once in a while, the man brings the food and money to the table. But now, you want a maid and someone who brings money to the house.

You want men to buy your bedsheet after this?

That's poor PR for whichever company you represent.
Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by mysteryman2014: 9:46am On Jan 16, 2021
TeemahBeddings:

In this age of professionalism, the couple need to plan their home. Home cleaners can be employed to clean the homes, lots homes now offer cooked Soup to taste for sale.

It is age we now live in.
Re: Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters by TeemahBeddings: 9:47am On Jan 16, 2021
SavageMaster:

You want men to buy your bedsheet after this?

That's poor PR for whichever company you represent.
angry. Take it to heart at your own peril grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Ghana: Family Reunites With 20-Year-Old Son Who Was Missing At Age 2 / My Husband Is Cheating On Me With Our Neighbor! Hurting Real Bad / Man Catches His Wife In A Hotel With Man, Says "I Have The Right To Kill You"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.