Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,665 members, 7,816,717 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:52 PM

Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares (24115 Views)

Man Who Started Lagos Belongs To Igbos Has Been Exposed As Tinubu Supporter(Pix) / Now That Yorubas Claim Lagos Belongs To Yorubas, The FG Should Do The Following / "Hope Obi supporters Believe Now That Lagos Belongs To The Yorubas" - MC Oluomo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by Nobody: 3:14am On Jan 16, 2021
NGpatriot:
Who founded Benin sef? No be Yoruba people?

grin grin
No, Benin was founded by Benin. And Benin was written about in the 1400's.
Yoruba came to being in the 17th century and it was an other name for oyo.
It is weird that you can't understand your elders claim Benin was founded by yoruba in order to boost their egos. Most yorubas descend from slaves and that hurts you people's egos too much.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by Nobody: 3:17am On Jan 16, 2021
NGpatriot:
What are they waiting for? Make benin people go and collect Lagos now, even sef, collect Lagos allocation and IGR too..

Comedians..

grin grin
In the current state of affairs, lagos is within the borders of a country called nigeria. you may have heard of this (or not) but colonisation happened. Benin was defeated by britain and Benin army was disbanded. And an other country was created , that country is more or less what we call nigeria today. Right now lagos and every piece of land within nigeria belongs to nigeria and to all nigerians. I am not sure that you guys are all aware of this. Even Sanusi has his own part of Lagos. The sultan of sokoto can go and buy land in ife or in enugu, nothing would stop him from doing that.
We are discussing history (at least I am), it is not a competition, it is just passed events. Nothing more.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by SmartPolician: 3:20am On Jan 16, 2021
BlackfireX:
The thing will pain one ogbomoso imp claiming Lagos

The thing go sweet wise men from the East

grin

Rubbish

Go and develop your region

Stop laughing at someone else's woes
Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by TAO11(f): 3:21am On Jan 16, 2021
nocomment2:

No, Benin was founded by Benin.
Yoruba came to being in the 17th century and it was an other name for oyo.
Didn’t Guinea conquer Benin kingdom.

The early EUrOpEaN mApS shows that — by your logic.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12996704_b56f4b7cecd54c0ca26cf594e3b4a72a_jpeg_jpeg485a73b7b1dc835a36399ff191b5c37e

LMAO!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by TAO11(f): 3:25am On Jan 16, 2021
nocomment2:
[s]
In the current state of affairs, lagos is within the borders of a country called nigeria. you may have heard of this (or not) but colonisation happened. Benin was defeated by britain and Benin army was disbanded. And an other country was created , that country is more or less what we call nigeria today. Right now lagos and every piece of land within nigeria belongs to nigeria and to all nigerians. I am not sure that you guys are all aware of this. Even Sanusi has his own part of Lagos. The sultan of sokoto can go and buy land in ife or in enugu, nothing would stop him from doing that.
We are discussing history (at least I am), it is not a competition, it is just passed events. Nothing more.[/s]
Bald mythomaniac.

Riddle me the historical information in the attachments below.

LMAO!

Cc: Christistruth00, Balogunodua, Ideadoctor, gomojam, id2019, djevino, 9jamustchange, BornRicch, Ddaji, J111333, excanny, Mysticwebb, Yebosola, Derrylatei, AustineJohn908, Cashsteady, owobokiri, forgiveness, bularaz, TimeManager, kilonshele101, 8BitGee, Daum, edo3, hicomm17, lionshare, ekesol, Demogorgon, Rumxy, Paganizonda, gwafaeziokwu, NGPatriot

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by Nobody: 3:28am On Jan 16, 2021
Yorubas should stop being ashamed of their ancestors. Yes a lot if not most yorubas descend from slaves. Deal with it.
You all know this and celebrate it when your oni goes to brazil to meet the other slave descendants who weren't deported.
But as soon as people are talking about history, you just chose to forget your ancestry and pretend there was one magical oduduwa and his magical oranmiyan son who created this and that and ... and droped from the sky with a golden chain....

Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by TAO11(f): 3:32am On Jan 16, 2021
nocomment2:
Yorubas should stop being ashamed of their ancestors. Yes a lot if not most yorubas descend from slaves. Deal with it.
You all know this and celebrate it when your oni goes to brazil to meet the other slave descendants who weren't deported.
But as soon as people are talking about history, you just chose to forget your ancestry and pretend there was one magical oduduwa and his magical oranmiyan son who created this and that and ... and droped from the sky with a golden chain....
You mean we should forget how Omonoba Erediauwa informed the whole world that the first king of Benin was the last born son of Jehovah [and his wife] ?? We should forget this?? LMAO! No we can’t.

Moreover, your daddies and mommies were enslaved and sold into slavery by the Yorubas. Deal with the eternal pain.

Refer below to your daddies’ and mommies’ confession from Bradbury’s ethnographic survey of Benin kingdom.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by Nobody: 3:39am On Jan 16, 2021
Sources of the maps which I posted.

https://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b530530714.r=Benin?rk=214593;2
Between 1600 and 1699

https://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b8595583b.r=Benin?rk=193134;0
between 1600 and 1699

https://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b59701428.r=Benin?rk=21459;2

Disregard whatever document is "quoted" but not actually provided. I don't even waste my time reading it. I won't enage my intellect on something which is very likely to be a fraud or which is taken out of context and hidden so that I don't get to cross examine it.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by TAO11(f): 3:39am On Jan 16, 2021
nocomment2:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12996622_oniofifepriest_jpega627ad8152e5189591312779b1eea23a

First of all, the last time I schooled you on the “Ooni” topic, you were caught pants down lying about why your Obas visit Ile-Ife when they’re newly enthroned.

You claimed your Oba Akenzua II’s visit to Ife was to greet the then Governor of Western Region — the Ooni.

However, I disgraced you by demonstrating that the Ooni wouldn’t be made Governor until three decades later.

And how did you react to the disgrace? The same thing you do when in shame. You deactivated your account and fled in shame.

Moreover, I have already debunked your reta.rded unsubstantiated claim into silence on this same page. Thanks for helping me bring it to this current page.

See my comment below:
The image you attached here traces to only one source as diverse and as versatile as the World-Wide-Web is.

The image traces only to a post from an unverified Facebook page of a certain apparent amateur who, nonetheless, self-certified theirs as a history page. smiley

This singular originator of this image (and Facebook post) — from where our OP has simply lifted word-for-word and image-for-image — was severely roasted in the comment section of their own Facebook post for misinforming the public.

Guess what, this poster (despite the multiple and consistent heavy criticisms in the comment section) dared not name even one source to prove that the individual in the picture was indeed an Ooni, much less substantiate the authenticity of their uncorroborated and sourceless footnote which they’ve edited into the anonymous picture. It was a clear case of propaganda gone wrong.

There is simply no evidence anywhere in all of history pages to back up his mischievous association of the Ooni of Ife with IfA priesthood. Neither could he dare say a word in defense of his apparent mischievous editing as there is no other source for such (apparently false) information.

In fact to be emphatic, there is not a single past Ooni of Ife (from Yorubaland’s photography era) who has ever adorned the circular-style beaded-necklace as shown in the OP’s image.

This singular fact alone instantly debunks our OP’s image (and its accompanying footnote) as a work of dubious and fraudulent propaganda. Lol! cheesy

The Ooni of Ife was always and remains the head of all Yoruba kings as I have demonstrated with evidence in my above comment which precedes this one

Moreover, the attachments below published in the year 1903 shows that the Ooni of Ife had always been the head of all Yoruba monarchs since time immemorial.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/12915204_3bb91d9be2ea45c5afd3f41e88728f3e_jpeg_jpeg645a15f18177fc5fe10c58c7cc98cb9c
www.nairaland.com/attachments/12915205_d21b9942ec6b49db8268dddb52125c5d_jpeg_jpeg5b7a9464bca8be76b7a6cbdd30d76898
www.nairaland.com/attachments/12915206_ea1bb7bbeb514c029bf799998b655ca3_jpeg_jpeg94b9f98f3c978fcbb8823afc65a47cbc

Having debunked that, I like to add that: The oldest known written evidence of “Oba” for your a Benin monarch is in the 1860s.

Whereas, we have seen an 1845 usage of “Oba” for Yoruba monarchs. LMAO!

The link below debunks the lies of the Benin lying machines and exposes the fact that the word “Oba” was borrowed by the Binis from the Yorubas.

https://www.nairaland.com/6234931/why-ikwerres-not-igbo-logic/15#96513655

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by TAO11(f): 3:42am On Jan 16, 2021
nocomment2:
[s]Sources of the maps which I posted.

https://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b530530714.r=Benin?rk=214593;2
Between 1600 and 1699

between 1600 and 1699

https://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b59701428.r=Benin?rk=21459;2

Disregard whatever document is "quoted" but not actually provided. I don't even waste my time reading it. I won't enage my intellect on something which is very likely to be a fraud or which is taken out of context and hidden so that I don't get to cross examine it.[/s]
According to your rusty reasoning :-

Guinea-Bissau conquered and owns Benin kingdom.

Why?

Because early EUrOpEaN mAps show the name “Guinea” for the Forest/Coast region of West Africa all the way from Senegal down to Cameroon.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12996723_e8bdf583706b4e5d9698e2962f0000b0_jpeg_jpegd4bed4252f4db12aea25ca907abae2af

As always, it is super easy to debunk and disgrace you.

Call me lies stopper. cool

Cc: Christistruth00, Balogunodua, Ideadoctor, gomojam, id2019, djevino, 9jamustchange, BornRicch, Ddaji, J111333, excanny, Mysticwebb, Yebosola, Derrylatei, AustineJohn908, Cashsteady, owobokiri, forgiveness, bularaz, TimeManager, kilonshele101, 8BitGee, Daum, edo3, hicomm17, lionshare, ekesol, Demogorgon, Rumxy, Paganizonda, gwafaeziokwu, NGPatriot

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by TAO11(f): 3:47am On Jan 16, 2021
nocomment2:
Once again the translation in full:

"Captain Horseley called it Eco, and that is how the yebous refer to it; but it is not their land: it belongs to Benin, whom have named it Korame, you can recognise the Curamo from older Portuguese reports, just like Eko represents the Ichoo from Holland Hydrographs. Long ago Korame was linked to its metropolis by a very narrow piece of land contained between the great Laguna and the sea; but it has been a while since the Yebous have seazed that very narrow piece of land of which the eastern extremity was invaded by ouyo pirates; and Karamé remained isolated at the extremity of the great Laguna, while it continues to receive from Benin it's governor or political chief."
Lol. You had to chip this comment in after I had replied ??

You’re trying too hard to give off the false impression that I couldn’t debunk you.

Well, I have debunked this before, and I will do it again. Thanks for the opportunity.
—————————

Here goes the bit-by-bit comments after every bit of the actual translation of the French book, starting from the last line of the page 25:

Translation:
Captain Horsely referred to it as Eco, and that is how it was designated by the Ijebus •••

Comment:
(1)(a) The pronoun “it” here (in the context of this book) obviously does not refer to the modern geographical delineation of present-day Lagos State.

(1)(b) Rather, ”it” here refers to one of the many islands of Lagos — specifically that which is known today as Lagos Island.

(2) The name “Eko” for this island was coined by the Ijebus — and not by the Binis.

Translation:
••• by the Ijebus, but it is not their domain, it is the Benins’ — who refer to it by the name Korame •••

Comment:
(1) This shows that although the name “Eko” was coined by the Ijebus; the Binis have been on that specific location before them.

This statement here says absolutely nothing about your false notion that the Binis are the autochthonous owners of the island (or any part of Lagos).

(2) In fact, this same book already debunks such idea on page 25 where it clearly indicates that, the autochthonous ownership of the island [and beyond] belongs to the Aworis — not the Binis, nor the Ijebus.

(3) In sum then, this statement here (rather than speaking of autochthonous ownership) simply speaks of the relative right of the Ijebus or the Benin’s to the specific land which the Ijebus later came to name and occupy.

(4) The autochthonous ownership of all the land (according to this same book on page 25 and 26) has absolutely nothing to do with the Binis.

Translation:
••• the Benins’ — who refer to it by the name Korame [which is] recognizably the Curamo of the old Portuguese’s accounts, just as Eko represents the Dutch hydrographers’ Ichoo.

Korame and its mainland were linked, in the past, by a sandspit between the great lagoon and the sea. The Ijebus have, however, for a long time seized that sandspit which has also been infiltrated by Ijaw pirates in the East.

Korame thus remained isolated at the end of the great lagoon, and continued to be dependent on Benin for its choice of governor or political leader
.”

Comment:
(1) The Binis call the island “Korame” based on the old Portuguese word “Curamo” — not the other way round.

(2) The Ijebus who had coined the word ”Eko” for the island also did that (according to this book) based on the old Dutch word “Ichoo”.

(3) [Trade] activities in Lagos appears to attract more people than Ijebu and Benin immigrants. The Ijaws are also noted to have fallen in.

(4) It is noteworthy that the political leadership alluded to here [“governor or political leader”] was for the Binis, by the Binis, among the Binis, confined the part of the island left for the Binis.

The fact was witnessed by a German trader by the name Adreas J. Ulsheimer who in the year 1603 visited the settlement left for the Bini immigrants.

He noted that their settlement was on an island [Lagos island]; that it was fenced; that they ran their own affairs within the walls of their settlement, and that there were other bigger settlements on the island.

In other words, their dependence on their King (back in Benin) for the choice of their leader for their Bini must
not be confused with some idea of a King of Lagos.

No, the author of this French book chose his words carefully. He wrote “governor or political leader”. There are French words for “King” or “Monarch” if he had intended that.

Moreover, the kingship of Lagos island hadn’t yet begun as at this period. The Lagos island kingship didn’t begin until at the end of the 1600s/early 1700s.

It is always super easy to refute your dumb lies.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12996573_16a428fd9d6444b2ad7219a9a44781d3_jpeg_jpega1f09ebdcbab0dd0aebe0dcc2167f806

Cheers.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by Nobody: 3:57am On Jan 16, 2021
nocomment2:
Ok, I have had my fun with this scam artist named christistruth00. I am the person who actually found the historical document in question and posted it to nairalanda.
Here is the actual translation:

"Captain Horseley called it Eco, and that is how the yebous refer to it; but it is not their land: it belongs to Benin, whom have named it Korame, you can recognise the Curamo from older Portuguese reports, just like Eko represents the Ichoo from Holland Hydrographs. Long ago Korame was linked to its metropolis by a very narrow piece of land contained between the great Laguna and the sea; but it has been a while since the Yebous have seazed that very narrow piece of land of which the eastern extremity was invaded by ouyo pirates; and Karamé remained isolated at the extremity of the great Laguna, while it continues to receive from Benin it's governor or political chief."

The document comes from a book: https://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/bpt6k62093119/f11.image.r=Yebou

@ Areafada, Gregyboy, Samuk, Davidnazee.

Very obviously the metropolis being talked about is Benin !
Macof why are you such a liar ?
For your info, "langue de terre" means : "very narrow piece of land". You don't speak French and your Google translation won't translate that, because it is an expression.
While discussing history with you guys yoruba, it always comes down to this: you must lie ! But why ? It is history, it has already happened, why try to create your alternate reality ?

For readers who only want the truth, the text is here for you, don't be lazy, translate it.

Also, when you see expressions like "langue de terre" you have to first look at its meaning in a French dictionary ( just type the expression on Google, it should give you the meaning in french), then you translate the meaning (which would be words in french) into English.
Don't believe me, just do the work and don't be lazy.

Also, as can be seen in the third caption, "ouyo" doesn't mean "oyo". Ouyo refers to a bunch of pirates whom were also called Jos. The ouyo pirates are most likely ijo people ! Gbam !

Ok, this mentally ill person above doesn't speak a word of french, I speak french fluently.
I provided a quote from the book and the book itself in order to let people cross examine it.
I provided a caption of where i quoted and I provided the exact page.
That is how to do things honnestly contrary to the guy above who keeps supposedly quoting papers which he doesn't provide in any way or form.

I gave a translation and as I already stated the person above gave a false translation, notice that his current translation is not the one he first gave a long time ago. Now his translation has got much closer to mine. SO which one is true mr man ? Your previous translation or the current one which is much closer to my one and only translation ?

The text and its translation are unmistakable.

Lagos belongs to Benin !

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by Nobody: 4:02am On Jan 16, 2021
Ok, this mentally ill person above doesn't speak a word of french, I speak french fluently.
I provided a quote from the book and the book itself in order to let people cross examine it.
That is how to do things honnestly contrary to the guy above who keeps supposedly quoting papers which he doesn't provide in any way or form.

I gave a translation and as I already stated the person above gave a false translation, notice that his current translation is not the one he first gave a long time ago. Now his translation has got much closer to mine. SO which one is true mr man ? Your previous translation or the current one which is much closer to my one and only translation ?

Lagos belongs to Benin !
Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by Nobody: 4:05am On Jan 16, 2021
Oh, I haven't finished reading the book, I bet there are many more revealing facts on it. i shall continue reading it and i will post my findings right here.
Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by TAO11(f): 4:07am On Jan 16, 2021
[url=]gregyboy:[/url]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12986988_beninife_jpeg6a7a60b85f1e96049f54408a72807f5b

(1) Four years after the hypothesis in the above attachment has been put forward by A. F. C. Ryder; he himself is reported (in a joint publication by Professors Elizabeth Allo Isichei & Peter Uche Isichei) to have abandoned his own hypothesis.

These professors of African history note in their joint work, “A History of Nigeria”, as follows:

It is noteworthy that Ryder, who questioned the Ife connection and argued the case for the linkages with a northern kingdom, abandoned the line of argument in his later book, Benin and the Europeans.

Reference:
https://books.google.com/books?id=96ZzAAAAMAAJ&focus=searchwithinvolume&q=northern+kingdom

Elizabeth A. Isichei & Peter Uche Isichei, “A History of Nigeria”, Longman (1983), Volume 2, p. 137.

(2) Moreover, Adam Knobler on page 47 of his “Mythology and Diplomacy in the Age of Exploration” also cites the same subsequent work of Ryder from 1969 in relation the dynastic dependence of Benin on Ife. See attached for Knobler’s statements and reference.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12996763_829e1bb1d32b4775b20b195be826631f_jpeg_jpegceb5968930808900a4f3e681c048fc0e

(3) Furthermore, his 1965 hypothesis (which has yielded no result till date) has been devastatingly debunked by many subsequent research — one of which is by Robin Horton which I have particularly expounded on at the link below.

https://www.nairaland.com/6048841/how-unveil-promote-ancient-igbo/55#93649575

orisa37, Ofemannnu, Christistruth00, Praxis758

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by Nobody: 4:12am On Jan 16, 2021
nocomment2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llporKrPsbU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2hU-ibkPfg

Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by TAO11(f): 4:13am On Jan 16, 2021
[s]Oh, I haven't finished reading the book, I bet there are many more revealing facts on it. i shall continue reading it and i will post my findings right here[/s]

nocomment2:
[s]Ok, this mentally ill person above doesn't speak a word of french, I speak french fluently.

Lagos belongs to Benin ![/s]
What about you try TRUTH since LIES have failed you — courtesy my humble self. cool

Yes, I know that’s too much to ask a Benin liar. grin Anyways here we go again on the debunking mission:

Here goes the bit-by-bit comments after every bit of the actual translation of the French book, starting from the last line of the page 25:

Translation:
Captain Horsely referred to it as Eco, and that is how it was designated by the Ijebus •••

Comment:
(1)(a) The pronoun “it” here (in the context of this book) obviously does not refer to the modern geographical delineation of present-day Lagos State.

(1)(b) Rather, ”it” here refers to one of the many islands of Lagos — specifically that which is known today as Lagos Island.

(2) The name “Eko” for this island was coined by the Ijebus — and not by the Binis.

Translation:
••• by the Ijebus, but it is not their domain, it is the Benins’ — who refer to it by the name Korame •••

Comment:
(1) This shows that although the name “Eko” was coined by the Ijebus; the Binis have been on that specific location before them.

This statement here says absolutely nothing about your false notion that the Binis are the autochthonous owners of the island (or any part of Lagos).

(2) In fact, this same book already debunks such idea on page 25 where it clearly indicates that, the autochthonous ownership of the island [and beyond] belongs to the Aworis — not the Binis, nor the Ijebus.

(3) In sum then, this statement here (rather than speaking of autochthonous ownership) simply speaks of the relative right of the Ijebus or the Benin’s to the specific land which the Ijebus later came to name and occupy.

(4) The autochthonous ownership of all the land (according to this same book on page 25 and 26) has absolutely nothing to do with the Binis.

Translation:
••• the Benins’ — who refer to it by the name Korame [which is] recognizably the Curamo of the old Portuguese’s accounts, just as Eko represents the Dutch hydrographers’ Ichoo.

Korame and its mainland were linked, in the past, by a sandspit between the great lagoon and the sea. The Ijebus have, however, for a long time seized that sandspit which has also been infiltrated by Ijaw pirates in the East.

Korame thus remained isolated at the end of the great lagoon, and continued to be dependent on Benin for its choice of governor or political leader
.”

Comment:
(1) The Binis call the island “Korame” based on the old Portuguese word “Curamo” — not the other way round.

(2) The Ijebus who had coined the word ”Eko” for the island also did that (according to this book) based on the old Dutch word “Ichoo”.

(3) [Trade] activities in Lagos appears to attract more people than Ijebu and Benin immigrants. The Ijaws are also noted to have fallen in.

(4) It is noteworthy that the political leadership alluded to here [“governor or political leader”] was for the Binis, by the Binis, among the Binis, confined the part of the island left for the Binis.

The fact was witnessed by a German trader by the name Adreas J. Ulsheimer who in the year 1603 visited the settlement left for the Bini immigrants.

He noted that their settlement was on an island [Lagos island]; that it was fenced; that they ran their own affairs within the walls of their settlement, and that there were other bigger settlements on the island.

In other words, their dependence on their King (back in Benin) for the choice of their leader for their Bini must
not be confused with some idea of a King of Lagos.

No, the author of this French book chose his words carefully. He wrote “governor or political leader”. There are French words for “King” or “Monarch” if he had intended that.

Moreover, the kingship of Lagos island hadn’t yet begun as at this period. The Lagos island kingship didn’t begin until at the end of the 1600s/early 1700s.

It is always super easy to refute your dumb lies.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12996573_16a428fd9d6444b2ad7219a9a44781d3_jpeg_jpega1f09ebdcbab0dd0aebe0dcc2167f806

Cheers.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by Nobody: 4:16am On Jan 16, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itkAZPA1h8Y

These people's ancestors were slaves deported from brazil into a part of Benin empire called Lagos afeter the british had seazed it. Now they are making up fairytales claimingsome mythical olofin and oduduway migrated from ife village and gave them the land.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N20D43W0uyE
Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by TAO11(f): 4:16am On Jan 16, 2021
nocomment2:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12996622_oniofifepriest_jpega627ad8152e5189591312779b1eea23a

First of all, the last time I schooled you on the “Ooni” topic, you were caught pants down lying about why your Obas visit Ile-Ife when they’re newly enthroned.

You claimed your Oba Akenzua II’s visit to Ife was to greet the then Governor of Western Region — the Ooni.

However, I disgraced you by demonstrating that the Ooni wouldn’t be made Governor until three decades later.

And how did you react to the disgrace? The same thing you do when in shame. You deactivated your account and fled in shame.

Moreover, I have already debunked your reta.rded unsubstantiated claim into silence on this same page. Thanks for helping me bring it to this current page.

See my comment below:
The image you attached here traces to only one source as diverse and as versatile as the World-Wide-Web is.

The image traces only to a post from an unverified Facebook page of a certain apparent amateur who, nonetheless, self-certified theirs as a history page. smiley

This singular originator of this image (and Facebook post) — from where our OP has simply lifted word-for-word and image-for-image — was severely roasted in the comment section of their own Facebook post for misinforming the public.

Guess what, this poster (despite the multiple and consistent heavy criticisms in the comment section) dared not name even one source to prove that the individual in the picture was indeed an Ooni, much less substantiate the authenticity of their uncorroborated and sourceless footnote which they’ve edited into the anonymous picture. It was a clear case of propaganda gone wrong.

There is simply no evidence anywhere in all of history pages to back up his mischievous association of the Ooni of Ife with IfA priesthood. Neither could he dare say a word in defense of his apparent mischievous editing as there is no other source for such (apparently false) information.

In fact to be emphatic, there is not a single past Ooni of Ife (from Yorubaland’s photography era) who has ever adorned the circular-style beaded-necklace as shown in the OP’s image.

This singular fact alone instantly debunks our OP’s image (and its accompanying footnote) as a work of dubious and fraudulent propaganda. Lol! cheesy

The Ooni of Ife was always and remains the head of all Yoruba kings as I have demonstrated with evidence in my above comment which precedes this one

Moreover, the attachments below published in the year 1903 shows that the Ooni of Ife had always been the head of all Yoruba monarchs since time immemorial.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/12915204_3bb91d9be2ea45c5afd3f41e88728f3e_jpeg_jpeg645a15f18177fc5fe10c58c7cc98cb9c
www.nairaland.com/attachments/12915205_d21b9942ec6b49db8268dddb52125c5d_jpeg_jpeg5b7a9464bca8be76b7a6cbdd30d76898
www.nairaland.com/attachments/12915206_ea1bb7bbeb514c029bf799998b655ca3_jpeg_jpeg94b9f98f3c978fcbb8823afc65a47cbc

Having debunked that, I like to add that: The oldest known written evidence of “Oba” for your a Benin monarch is in the 1860s.

Whereas, we have seen an 1845 usage of “Oba” for Yoruba monarchs. LMAO!

The link below debunks the lies of the Benin lying machines and exposes the fact that the word “Oba” was borrowed by the Binis from the Yorubas.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by TAO11(f): 4:18am On Jan 16, 2021
nocomment2:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12996788_screenshot20201129whyikwerresarenotigbothelogicbehinditculture23nigeria_jpega7c3aadfb6dfefac0d309737b1afa1a8

Listen up bald head, the then Ooni of Ife, Oba Adesoji Aderemi was knighted in the year 1950.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12996800_c4e54d2a4dc444919239680f08ab0ec9_jpeg_jpeg68388725fc16a965ece17768605178ac

If you had the slightest clue of what it means to be knighted, you should then know how his British title “Sir” came about.

Having said that here is a beautiful summary debunking your videos and many other Benin falsehoods.
——————————

Summary For Quick Referencing

(1) “Yoruba” Founded In 1808 ??
DEBUNKED:
https://www.nairaland.com/6234931/why-ikwerres-not-igbo-logic/25#96567759

(2) No Relationship Between Ife and Benin Prior To The 1800s ??
DEBUNKED:
https://www.nairaland.com/6234931/why-ikwerres-not-igbo-logic/9#96323798
OR
https://www.nairaland.com/6087424/benin-ife-myth-shouldnt-circulated#93803726

(3) Binis Militarily Invaded, Conquered, Settled in Lagos, and then Installed an Edo Prince as The First King ??
DEBUNKED:
https://www.nairaland.com/6286709/ijebu-vs-jebusite/1#96593783

(4) Binis Own The Word “Oba” ??
DEBUNKED:

(5) Benin Obtained TRIBUTES from OYo ??
DEBUNKED:
https://www.nairaland.com/6291440/benin-remain-center-west-africa/1#96792413

(6) Benin Ruled Certain Eastern-Yoruba Kingdoms ??
DEBUNKED:
https://www.nairaland.com/6234931/why-ikwerres-not-igbo-logic/15#96519494

Cheers!

Christistruth00, Balogunodua, Ideadoctor, gomojam, id2019, djevino, 9jamustchange, BornRicch, Ddaji, J111333, excanny, Mysticwebb, Yebosola, Derrylatei, AustineJohn908, Cashsteady, owobokiri, forgiveness, bularaz, TimeManager, kilonshele101, 8BitGee, Daum, edo3, hicomm17, lionshare, ekesol, Demogorgon, Rumxy, Paganizonda, gwafaeziokwu, NGPatriot

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by Nobody: 4:22am On Jan 16, 2021
Why are they denying it online and spreading all sorts of lies whereas they do celebrate their carnivals and all. They celibrate their ancestors during their carnivals but deny their ancestors when we talk about history. What kind of schizophrenia is this ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWq56gPn-M8
Your ancestors were slaves, deal with it !
Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by Nobody: 4:24am On Jan 16, 2021
Yoruba, come and see your ancestors and their masters:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Jg4SaMxMnY
Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by Nobody: 4:28am On Jan 16, 2021
yoruba ancestral land, the only one they actually have in common is brazil, not ife. Brazil where their ancestors were slaves.
Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by Nobody: 4:30am On Jan 16, 2021
Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by TAO11(f): 4:37am On Jan 16, 2021
nocomment2:
Why are they denying it online and spreading all sorts of lies whereas they do celebrate their carnivals and all. They celibrate their ancestors during their carnivals but deny their ancestors when we talk about history. What kind of schizophrenia is this ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWq56gPn-M8
Your ancestors were slaves, deal with it !
Yes, our people took the Yoruba culture and heritage with them wherever they went to.

Yoruba language, culture, and spirituality became the rallying point of the Afro-LatinX in the America’s.

The same can not be said of the Edos who were sold into slavery. The enslaved Edos were buried and consumed by the Yoruba heritage — even back at home.

nocomment2:
Yoruba, come and see your ancestors and their masters:

Yes, Yorubas, Edos and several West Africans and West Coast Central Africans were enslaved.

The sad part for your remains that the Yorubas enslaved your daddies and mommies. Yes your mommies and daddies confessed it to Bradbury. See attached.

nocomment2:
yoruba ancestral land, the only one they actually have in common is brazil, not ife. Brazil where their ancestors were slaves.
If you had an atom weight of brain, then you would have known that Yorubaland wasn’t uninhabited, empty or vacant prior to the Atlantic slave trade.

Or are you suggesting that only the Edos were enslaved during the transatlantic slave trade — since Yorubaland (and other parts of West Africa) was supposedly uninhabited at the time?

Anyways, you are pained because while other W/Africans were gaining their freedom in the Americas, the enslaved Edos dared not fight for their freedom — hence they remained slaves in the Americas perpetually.

Only recently are the descendants of these Edo slaves coming back home to Benin Kingdom from where their ancestors were originally captured and sold into slavery by the Yorubas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxDve0rwQbM

See attached for how the confession of your daddies and mommies on how Benin kingdom was nearly depopulated by the Yorubas during the days of slavery.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by TAO11(f): 4:44am On Jan 16, 2021
nocomment2:

These have been debunked in the link shown below.

“Yoruba” Founded In 1808 ??
DEBUNKED:

https://www.nairaland.com/6234931/why-ikwerres-not-igbo-logic/25#96567759

See also attached for how your people were raided, and sold off into slavery by the Yorubas

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by Nobody: 4:44am On Jan 16, 2021
What kind of a king gets knighted by an other king ?

Answer: a fake king.

Thanks for helping me prove my point that oni ofe ife was a sell out to the british.

Also notice that nowhere in your document is the oni called Oba. The article which once again you did not provide in full clearly shows the oni as a politician who had the favors of the british. As I have always stated, the oni was elevated by the british whom he served well, while true African kings were degraded.
Notice how the oni is nt referred to as the leader of the yoruba but actually as one among many ruling yoruba chiefs in the western region.

Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by Veektorking: 4:46am On Jan 16, 2021
forgiveness:

Google the first Oba of Benin and the result will be Oranmiyam.

So google was an eye witness?.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by Nobody: 4:47am On Jan 16, 2021
This guy is a clown. Stop denying reality, these are yoruba like their cousins who were deported and now claim they migrated from ife.
Yoruba actual ancestors, here are the true oduduwa climbing from the sky with a golden chain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_ymEWtcaYE
Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by Nobody: 4:52am On Jan 16, 2021
The extent at which these guys will deny obvious reality is frightening.
yoruba = slave in brazil

Everybody knows that

Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by TAO11(f): 4:59am On Jan 16, 2021
nocomment2:
[s]What kind of a king gets knighted by an other king ?

Answer: a fake king.

Thanks for helping me prove my point that oni ofe ife was a sell out to the british.[/s]
What kind of King gets banished from Benin into Calabar Forest by the foot soldiers of another King??

Only a native doctor by the title Omonoba n’Edo. grin

[s]Also notice that nowhere in your document is the oni called Oba, nor is he even called king. The article which once again you did not provide in full clearly shows the oni as a politician who had the favors of the british. As I have always stated, the oni was elevated by the british whom he served well, while true African kings were degraded.
Notice how the oni is nt referred to as the leader of the yoruba but actually as one among many ruling yoruba chiefs in the western region.[/s]
I have debunked this dumb argumentum ex silentio hundreds of times. Try them only with your dumb folks.

Learn to recongnize the difference when I’m schooling you, okay? Good boy.

Now to debunking you:

The attachment was meant to prove one thing and one thing only — to demonstrate to that he was knighted, and hence the title “Sir”.

I predicted that you had no clue what “knight” means and then you confirmed that you truly have no clue.

Moreover, can you show me where a Benin king was called Omonoba — the title of Benin kings.

Or must we assume this to be another Benin fraud?

For every 1 “Omonoba” you show me, I will show you 3 “Oba” for the Ife king, and how is the apex Yoruba king.

Moreover, I have proven again and again how Benin borrowed the word “Oba” from Yoruba. See link below:

Binis Own The Word “Oba” ??
DEBUNKED:

The earliest known written usage of “Oba” for a Benin king was in the 1860s when Benin borrowed it from the Yorubas.

I have already presented an 1840s written usage of “Oba” for Yoruba monarchs.

Please explain to me again why you insist that the 1860s is earlier than the 1840s. LMAO!

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by TAO11(f): 5:03am On Jan 16, 2021
nocomment2:
The extent at which these guys will deny obvious reality is frightening.
yoruba = slave in brazil

Everybody knows that

nocomment2:
This guy is a clown. Stop denying reality, these are yoruba like their cousins who were deported and now claim they migrated from ife.
Yoruba actual ancestors, here are the true oduduwa climbing from the sky with a golden chain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_ymEWtcaYE
Well, except that you’re simply tripping and deluded to think that you are informing people for the first time that West and Central Africans were sold into slavery.

What you should be informing people about instead is that, the Edos who were sold into slavery were sold (largely) by the Yorubas.

And this fact comes from the confession of numerous independent Edo groups as documented in Bradbury’s ethnographic survey of Benin kingdom. See attached.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (35) (Reply)

Anambra Election: Adamu Garba React As PDP Share ₦400 And A Malt Drink / Asari Dokubo Released & Flown To Abuja / Allali John-Morrison Killed In Rivers

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.