Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,851 members, 7,813,896 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:57 PM

Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! - TV/Movies (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! (35677 Views)

Registration For Gulder Ultimate Search 10 Begins, Register Here / Gulder Ultimate Search 9 / Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV) On TV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Go Down)

Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by denex: 9:33pm On Aug 13, 2007
No further comment till the search continues.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by mellow(m): 9:03am On Aug 14, 2007
Please, pardon my naivity. My question is were there nobody

Like divers or lifeguides there to rescue him while he was drowning?

I think there is much more to this than meet the eyes.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by tobz(f): 11:36am On Aug 14, 2007
na wa 4 u Nigerians, that u would discard someone's deathe like, so what if he was in a reality programme, the issue is that he lost his Life! dont you value life, what if he is your brother. his family should be compensated.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by juliesanto(f): 4:47pm On Aug 15, 2007
is unfair, is high time we make things work properly in this country. i blame the organizers so much i think they have a lot to explain concerning the young man's death. to me if the life of the contestants are not secured then the ultimate search thing is nonsense. may his sole rest in peace
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by pat4: 11:11am On Aug 16, 2007
I feel very bad about this, may his soul rest in peace Amen.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by teena(f): 2:46pm On Aug 16, 2007
from Seun: it's not good manners to abuse and insult the dead.
That is correct!!! I hope no one is doing so.

Looking at this incidence, I tend to believe its a natural occurence, an unfortunate one though. Somehow, he could have been resuced as the information had it that efforts were made to rescue him. But he is gone, even if billions of naira is paid as compensation to the family, its not worth the loss. On the other hand, I dont believe the goal of the Ultimate Search IV was to kill anyone, it was an accident. DEATH IS A MYSTERY I pray that the bereaved will find solace in God Almighty.

ADIEU ANTHONY
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by wills(m): 11:39am On Aug 17, 2007
I guess this is what NB…., is saying

Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by divanaija1: 11:56am On Aug 17, 2007
@ wills sad

That aint funny one bit.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by wills(m): 10:36am On Aug 18, 2007
@diva_naija.
Under the circumstances its not meant to be funny, so far on this tread I think we have two sets of people, those shoring up more support for NB and the GUS and those saying crucify NB for the lackadaisical death of this young man, I fall into the latter group.

That depiction in my last post, is what I have been saying all along, NB cares less, and so do some NB apologist on this forum, all they care about is let the show continue and lets get our drink on.

Anthony just happens to be the victim here; something like this was jus waiting to happen going by the shady and poor preparations for this so called reality show.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by ifeoluwa(f): 2:17pm On Aug 18, 2007
ADIEU, BROS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by tipsy289(m): 8:13am On Aug 20, 2007
how is he meant to drown in a programme.it shows things are not planned and organised well, this is really bad.May his soul rest in peace, Down u Ultimate challenge
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by uchetobi(f): 8:30am On Aug 20, 2007
when is the show resuming?
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by Akingomez(m): 11:59am On Aug 20, 2007
I wonder wat could have happened to him, I feel very bad about this, may his soul rest in peace Amen cry
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by creamdream: 1:46pm On Aug 20, 2007
Let me begin by saying that I am not an ardent fan of the Gulder Ultimate Search reality show. For some reason, the sight of young men and women playing games with coconuts, swimming across rivers, climbing hills and running helterskelter in search of an elusive “jumbo prize” buried somewhere in the heart of a forest, which the Ultimate Search competition is largely about, has never thrilled me. But that, I believe, should be understandable.

As a woman and a busy person, I believe I can be excused if I say I can think of many more useful ways that our youths could spend their leisure hours than sitting glued to television sets, dreaming of the five million naira cash, the Ford Explorer jeep and the N500,000 wardrobe allowance first prize the competion offers, as they soak in every bit of the competition as if the cash prize would jump out of the TV box itself into their pockets.

But then, that is not to say that I do not appreciate the noble intentions of the organisers of the competition to promote and reward the spirit of adventure and healthy rivalry and the virtues of physical fitness amongst others, among youths in our land.

In a country where there are so few opportunities for healthy recreational engagements for youths, the Gulder Ultimate Reality competition serves a useful role as it offers an opportunity to get the minds (and bodies) of our youths off some other unwholesome engagements that could be deleterious to their future.

Luckily, up till last week, the competition had been on for three good years without a hitch. The first edition held on Snake Island, Lagos; the second at Obudu Ranch Resort in Cross River State while the third held in Edo State, last year.

The fourth edition of the competition, which transmission was scheduled to begin on Thursday, has however suffered a serious setback with the death, in action, of one of the ten contestants – Mr. Anthony Mudiaga Ogadje, a twenty five years old graduate of geology of the Delta State University, Abraka.

A statement by the Corporate Communications Adviser of the organisers of the competition, Mr. Chuma Igwe, on Sunday, said the contestant died “in what appears to have been a drowning accident in Shere Hills Lake, in the Jos, Plateau State, venue of the competition.

The statement said that all attempts by lifeguards, his fellow contestants and the medical team involved in the show failed to revive the contestant. His family has been informed while an autopsy is to be carried out on the body to determine the actual cause of his death.
The competition has since been postponed. Shere Hills, where the competition claimed its first victim, is said to enjoy the cold weather of Jos and is described as a natural home to monkeys, snakes, scorpions and wild mountain goats.

The death of Anthony Mudiaga Ogadje in the quest for the mouth-watering Ultimate Search prize is an unfortunate development. It is a sad occurrence that should elicit not only sympathy but querries, give that the deceased Ogadje must have felt very healthy and up to the rigours of the competition before making the trip to Shere Hills in search of the elusive prize.

It is as well that an autopsy is to be conducted to ascertain the cause of Ogadje’s death. This must be determined to ensure that other contestants do not fall into any danger in this venue that is said to be a natural habitat for dangerous reptiles like snakes and scorpions.

The organizers of this competition will do well to review the conditions of Shere Hills to determine if anything in the environment could have contributed to this death.
The medical team and organizers of the competition must also ensure that contestants who are mostly youths desperate to win the prizes at stake are not made to strain themselves beyond normal physical capabilities in the bid to win.

Given the loss of this contestant, it is also advisable for the organizers of the show to begin to subject the contestants to medical tests to determine their health status and their ability to cope with the rigours of the contest, which involves swimming across rivers and sleeping in the open jungle for days on end, if they are not already doing so.

I sympathise with the family of the dead Ogadje and Guinness Nigeria Plc, organizer of the competition, on this sad incident.

The company will do well to pay a handsome compensation to the Ogadje family for this irreparable loss, Lets 4get sentiments and face facts!!
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by creamdream: 1:50pm On Aug 20, 2007
NBL should put money into SPORTS, i wonder what happend to the sponsorship of NBL International chess open, LETS GO BACK TO CHESS SPONSORSHIP, and other less dangerous things!! and 4 the guy that died i shed a tear!!
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by delegirl(f): 3:07pm On Aug 20, 2007
HOO!!! WHAT A PITY

MAY HIS SOUL REST IN PERFECT PEACE AMEN.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by seun001(m): 5:49pm On Aug 20, 2007
@ Creamdream,

e be like say u be hermaphrodite ooo.how u go be male for profile come be female for your write up.abi no be u write am, u just dey copy and paste witout even editing ummmm!!
e be like say i dey c too much abi,sorry jare.

but a really nice piece there though.

why have we not heard anything from the organisers about the autopsy abi them dey do cover up.our newspapers sef no do any investigations na wa ooo.na so this story go die down without anything concrete coming out of it.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by Demaks(f): 8:17pm On Aug 20, 2007
nna seun001,
i was thinking about d hermophrodite sef
anyway there's nothing wrong in being one.
MAY TONY'S SOUL REST IN PEACE. AMEN cry
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by Seun(m): 2:04pm On Aug 22, 2007
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by seun001(m): 4:37pm On Aug 22, 2007
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by samkid(m): 5:19pm On Aug 22, 2007
will NB still continue with the prog

no doubt ppl will still go for the contest anytime, anywhere.

the truth is that some accidents can be avoided or managed.

may his soul rest in peace.
amen
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by rowlandwhy: 5:27pm On Aug 22, 2007
samkid:

will NB still continue with the prog

no doubt people will still go for the contest anytime, anywhere.

the truth is that some accidents can be avoided or managed.

may his soul rest in peace.
amen
Are u in this country?
The have started already
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-74136.0.html
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by 9ja4eva: 2:48am On Aug 28, 2007
Looks like the program is interesting so far
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by Modups1(f): 9:09am On Aug 28, 2007
pls where did they get this batch of blockheads?

a simple riddle & they were fumbling & stumbling all over the place. even after the host gave them d ansa they could still not decode!

na by luck dem go find the golden age angry
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by KikiDixy(f): 1:43pm On Aug 28, 2007
PLEASE I NEED A JOB,JUST FRESH FROM NYSC

BSC BIOCHEMISTRY,UPPER SECOND,ANY JOB POSTING AVAILABLE.

grin grin grin Notin wey man no go read for internet. Bobs, This is a serious matter being discuseed here, be like say you miss road small. Naija no easy sha, so I cant blame you for trying grin
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by kfrancise(f): 3:47pm On Aug 28, 2007
who knows the site for Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (iv)
a beg post it for me
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by A40(m): 4:22pm On Aug 28, 2007
That show is whack i cant follow it

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13)

BBNaija: How Ike Reacted After Mercy Hugged Joe / BBNaija: Tunde Ednut Blasts Tacha For Failing To Define "Characteristics" / Rita Dominic And Ramsey Nouah Star In New Movie About 1976 Coup D'etat [PICS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.