Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,644 members, 7,816,646 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! - TV/Movies (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! (35685 Views)

Registration For Gulder Ultimate Search 10 Begins, Register Here / Gulder Ultimate Search 9 / Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV) On TV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Go Down)

Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by Nobody: 3:00pm On Aug 08, 2007
uchetobi:

@fynewaka did any one force anyone to enter for the show

Nope! They were indeed subjected to rigorous psychological and intellectual gymnastics before the emergence of the last ten. My take in this matter is this, in saner climes safety machineries would have been put in place to forestall this incidence. So, that is where the culpability of NB comes in.

uchetobi:

No one is forced to watch either, my take is if you feel its unnecessary don’t watch, don’t participate, for those that want to participate weigh the two sides of the coin for peeps like me that don’t mind entertainment ride on Gulder

You wouldn't have had the chutzpah to say this if your relative or friend was involved.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by uchetobi(f): 3:03pm On Aug 08, 2007
You are painting a very different scenario here. Saying the truth does not portray one as being sentimental. Infact, you need to be briefed that this boys father is late and presently his mother is hospitalized. As at this morning she has not been informed of her son's death. So why would NB not pay, if they could cough out cash in excess of 30 million naira to settle the infamous 50 cent/idris face off. What happens now that a life is lost?

QuoteThe guy that died in my skl too his dad was late. His mum struggled to pay his way through you knw private universities is not cheap, who then is too blame
Personally I hate Nigerians attitude of looking for someone to lay the blame on, the guy was not a kid, he knew what he was getting himself to, the risks, the danger, what if he won? They are two sides to a coin now
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by uchetobi(f): 3:05pm On Aug 08, 2007
I don’t have to convince you he could have died somewhere else, I dint say would I said could and Maybe, as per if it was my relative I think you are being overly sentimental, but then its your opinion and mine is mine. RIP, may he find rest in the lord
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by Beline(f): 3:13pm On Aug 08, 2007
I agreed with the fact that the guy was not sincere to himself. I for one can't take the offer even if i was assured that i will be the winner because i can't stand a sight of a snake neither can i risk sleeping in the bush.

As for his relatives sueing NB, this can not be because your physical appearance does not guarantee your fitness. The guy in question might have had some hidden sickness that comes once in awhile, this might be what happen who knows. Though I don't wave the fact that the suppose to be life guard in case of eventuality but you as an individual should be the first to guide and consel yourself because you know yourself better than every other person.

This reminded me of my good friend who died on December,02 2006 on MTN Marathon, the family never sued or going to sue MTN.

I pray this should help us to be truthful to ourselves and forget about money or whatever luxury attached to it
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by uchetobi(f): 3:48pm On Aug 08, 2007
Thanx Beline I totally agree with you
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by denex: 4:08pm On Aug 08, 2007
Abeg, let the show continue jare. We came to see a reality show and that is what we're going to get. In fact, when this show ends, I'm buying the ULTIMATE SEARCH franchise and taking it to China or India where a REAL reality show will be appreciated.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by ngongo(f): 4:28pm On Aug 08, 2007
In case,U've not heard,D show has been suspended indefinately for now.It was announced on NTA yesterday nite.
No one knows whats going to happen next.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by Nobody: 4:31pm On Aug 08, 2007
Hello am sorry 2 tell u dat the GUS has been adjorned, well u wanna ask y, ok.feel this,one of the contestant died.
U gat dat?.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by uchetobi(f): 5:03pm On Aug 08, 2007
Yes! Jeez thanks
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by seun001(m): 6:01pm On Aug 08, 2007
i think info is needed on exactly how and what happened at the camp.but i think peeps are forgeting that nobody is supposed to die cos its entertainment thats why they have to put safety first.am sure NB themselves will tell u they didnt plan to kill someone.y,some peeps got a really warped view.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by denex: 7:19pm On Aug 08, 2007
That is what a really show should be about. NOTHING IS PLANNED!
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by 9ja4eva: 7:21pm On Aug 08, 2007
Dt one dey somehow oh bros.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by Nobody: 8:22pm On Aug 08, 2007
denex you're funny o.I don laugh tire.

Shebi I've worked on Productions of this nature for 2 years now. These people want to use less than the barest minimum to produce such a big income project.

Abeg let the show carry on. They promised us a reality show, we came to see a reality show and that's what we'll get.

They sacked that daft Chidi Mokeme guy just because for the first time in his life he used his brain and told them that everybody on the set needed better welfare and security.

They sacked one of my senior directors in Calabar because he decided to put the names of some behind-the-scenes crew and staff in the end credits[b]. Well, abeg let them continue with our show. Reality abi? They've not seen anything yet! [/b]
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by Nobody: 8:30pm On Aug 08, 2007
all those blaming this poor guy because he couldn't swim and claimed he could

are there no auditions for the show,did someone swim for him?

secondly why would a TV show not provide ready rescue if needed ?
so if someone was having a heart attack they'll simply leave him without as much as common CPR because he didn't tell them he had a bad heart
anyone who loves their relatives must warn them of participating in these shows,you might be strangled by a python since you're expected to have reptilian defence skills too

Nigeria sef
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by 9ja4eva: 8:33pm On Aug 08, 2007
Na d magoo magoo i dey talk oh.

Maybe d guy no even go for auditions.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by iyes(m): 8:40pm On Aug 08, 2007
SENTIMENTS! SENTIMENTS!! SHEAR SENTIMENTS ARE BEING THROWN UP FOR US TO SWALLOW BY SOME OF OUR NAIRALANDERS! AND TRUE TO TYPE, WE NIGERIANS LIKE TO BLAME OTHERS FOR OUR MISFORTUNES, MOST ESPECIALLY DEATH.

THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A REALITY SHOW FOR GOODNESS SAKE - NOT A DRAMA, WHICH PRE-SUPPOSES THAT NOTHING WILL BE REHEARSED. THEREFORE, CAVEAT EMPTOR!

SOMETHING IS ACTUALLY WRONG WITH OUR PSYCHE, AND THE WAY POVERTY (OR RATHER MILDLY PUT, ECONOMIC HARDSHIP) DEALS WITH OUR PEOPLE, SUCH THAT MANY PEOPLE NOW THINK WITH THEIR POCKETS RATHER THAN THEIR BRAINS. OTHERWISE, IRRESPECTIVE OF THE POSSIBLE GAIN, HOW CAN A WIDOW, WITH AN ONLY CHILD ENCOURAGE OR ALLOW AN ONLY CHILD TO GO FOR A LIFE GAMBLING SHOW LIKE THIS IN THE 1ST PLACE? AND WHY WILL A YOUNG GRADUATE, KNOWING THE LIMITS OF HIS SWIMMING ABILITIES (OR INABILITIES) PLUNGE INTO A RIVER HE WAS SURE HE COULD NOT SWIM ACROSS? PERHAPS HE WAS ASHAMED (AFRICAN PRIDE THING) BECAUSED EVEN, WOMEN CONTESTANTS WERE SWIMMING EFFORTLESSLY AHEAD OF HIM, AND DECIDED THAT, AS YORUBAS SAY; "IKU YA J'ESIN" (DEATH IS MORE HONOURABLE THAN SHAME)!!!

IF THIS GUY ACTUALLY PASSED THE AUDITIONING WHICH INCLUDES SWIMMING (I REMEMBER LAST YEAR'S SCREENING INVOLVED APPLICANTS BEING THROWN OFF A SHIP IN THE MIDDLE OF THE LAGOON, AND ASKED TO SWIM ASHORE. AT THAT POINT MAJORITY WHO COULD NOT SWIM BACKED OUT AND DISQUALIFIED THEMSELVES), THEN HE MUST HAVE BEEN UNDER INFLUENCE OF PERFORMANCE ENHANCING DRUGS TO HAVE BUCKLED AT THE FIRST HURDLE JUST LIKE THAT! WE ALL KNOW PART OF THE SIDE EFFECTS OF STEROIDS IS HEART-ATTACK WHICH CANNOT BE RULED OUT IN THIS CASE. OTHERWISE, IT MUST HAVE BEEN ANOTHER CASE OF USING INFLUENCE TO ENTER THRU THE WINDOW OR BACK DOOR, WHICH IS VERY COMMON. WE ALL KNOW WHILE SOME PEOPLE ARE BUSY TAKING THE TEST, MANY OTHERS WILL BRING LETTERS FROM "ABOVE" TO BYPASS THE SCREENING, AND GAIN THE COVETED ADMISSION WITHOUT BREAKING A SWEAT.

ANOTHER PROVERB IN YORUBA SAYS: "BAKAN, MEJI LA MBA LO S'OGUN, K'A KO WON L'ERU, ABI KAN KO WA L'ERU"
TRANSLATION:[/i] [i]YOU GO TO WAR WITH TWO POSSIBLE OUTCOMES IN MIND; TO CAPTURE AND PLUNDER, OR BE CAPTURED AND PLUNDERED THEREFORE, EVERY MATURE MIND KNOWS THAT WHEN YOU TAKE A RISK (LIKE TAKING PART IN A REALITY SHOW LIKE THIS) EXPECT EITHER THE FAVOURABLE OR THE UNFAVOURABLE. RISK IS NOT ONLY ASSOCIATED WITH GAINS, THERE IS ALSO THE LOSS PART. ALTHOUGH NOBODY WANTS IT, YET IT IS LURKING AROUND THE CORNER.

THIS EXPERIENCE WILL TEACH GULDER'S LAWYERS TO ENSURE THAT FUTURE CONTESTANTS ENDORSE THEIR OWN DEATH WARRANTS IN ADVANCE (THAT IS IF THIS PRESENT CROP DIDN'T SIGN OFF THEIR LIVES ALREADY)

REALITY SHOWS ARE DIFFERENT IN NATURE. GULDER ULTIMATE SEARCH DID NOT PRETEND TO BE "SOFT" LIKE BBA, THE APPRENTICE ETC. IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE TOUGH ENOUGH TO BREAK YOUR BODY AND MIND, UNLESS YOU CAN BE COUNTED AS ONE OF THE ULTIMATES! BESIDES, A CONTESTANT HAS THE RIGHT TO OPT OUT OF ANY TASK, ONLY THAT HIS/HER RATINGS WILL FALL, AND MAY FACE AN EARLY EJECTION. BUT WHAT IS WRONG WITH THAT? I'VE WATCHED AN EPISODE OF THE "AUSTRALIAN OUTBACKS" WHERE POEPLE WERE DROPPED OFF IN THE MIDDLE OF A DANGEROUS WILDERNESS, AND EXPECTED TO MOVE OVER ALMOST A HUNDRED KILOMETERS TO SAFETY & COMFORT. ONE AFTER THE OTHER, MANY CONTESTANTS OPTED OUT BY THEMSELVES, NOT WAITING TO BE VOTED OUT! THAT TO THEM WAS MORE HONOURABLE THAN DYING FOR FEAR OF SHAME.

REMEMBER THE GOOD LORD ADMONISHES US:
1. IT IS NOT BY POWER OR BY MIGHT
2. THE BATTLE IS NOT FOR THE STRONG, NOR THE RACE FOR THE SWIFT.
3. NO ONE BY HIS POWERS OR MIGHT CAN PREVAIL.
4. TAKE HEED, LEST THOSE WHO THINK THEY STAND BE FALLEN ALREADY

IN SPITE OF THIS UNFORTUNATE TRAGEDY, LET THE SHOW BEGIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by Shaunscot(m): 10:00pm On Aug 08, 2007
My Own Theory.
Bob Manuel (The Evil Genius) has come with his Jinx.
I think the soudtrack to that movie went something like 'I love to make people die and see people cry cos Im an Evil Genius. lipsrsealed
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by denex: 10:39pm On Aug 08, 2007
@iyes

thank you jare. Let the show begin!
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by Nobody: 10:44pm On Aug 08, 2007
Its seems that people are taking this word REALITY TV literally

Abeg its TV = ENtertainment

Thesre's SURVIVIOR FEAR FACTOR and a host of others and yet people don't die

face it NBL did shortcuts simple

even if he had a heartattack or was on stimulants were they not all stripped of personal belongings
did they not all underttake thorough MEDICAL exams to check their state of health
When you consider the terrain and its attendant risks then appropriate medical care should be available 24-7
no shortcuts period!!

Its about time reality shows here are REGULATED for safety

all this talk about the victim 'pretending' to know how to swim is 'hogwash'!!
haba even if he bribed his way through screening then private evaluations of all contestants should have been made even if that meant camping ALL of them elsewhere to prepare them mentally and physically for the task ahead.

Its a shame and a disgrace to a corporate entity such as NBL

Do they think its first aid that would revive such a victim

MEDICAL CARE of the HIGHEST STANDARD in the case of any eventuality should be on hand
If it was reality such as that crocodile guy who died on site i would understand but TV that's pre-filmed and edited
Abegi!
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by seun001(m): 7:17am On Aug 09, 2007
@iyes
that jungle shit u were talking about,if someone was bitten by a snake,i can assure you that he will not die rather emergency measures will be taken and funny enuf,u aint gonna get to know about it cos they care abt their peeps.whether u like it or not,they value human live there.and will not allow a citizen especially a able bodied man to die like a squirrel.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by divanaija1: 10:07am On Aug 09, 2007
Whither is fled the visionary gleam?
Where is it now, the glory and the dream?

There is one thing in life that we should all know, when its your time to go,then its time.For even if u r sitting in the peaceful comfort of your living room, death can come knocking at anytime.

So we should quit putting blames on mere mortals (and yes we do all have flaws) and pray for the faithful departed.

May his soul rest in perfect peace.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by pisces20: 10:14am On Aug 09, 2007
i still can't believe that guy's death had anything to do with drowning. i think there's a mystery behind his death. there's something they've not told us.

no wonder we were told to expect the unexpected
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by omot208(f): 11:13am On Aug 09, 2007
i don dey talk am say nothing live happens on tv except the news and sports.

they had not even started broadcasting, yet they were shooting and the guy died. it is sad, but later they would have said it was live, na wah. my condolences go to the family.

we shld let the dead guy rest and stop making assumptions as to how he died. there shld be an autopsy to confirm the causes just so his family can accept the death.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by uchetobi(f): 12:11pm On Aug 09, 2007
Did they ever say it was live? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by omot208(f): 12:47pm On Aug 09, 2007
yes they did, or at least that is the impression they give. they show the events as if they happened that day, when they in fact happened at least three days ago.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by Veracious(f): 1:45pm On Aug 09, 2007
@ pisces20

i totally agree with you.

@ omot208

girl you are very funny
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by uchetobi(f): 1:58pm On Aug 09, 2007
I believe it was the guy’s destiny
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by Veracious(f): 2:41pm On Aug 09, 2007
well its really a painfull destiny sad sad
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by uchetobi(f): 3:46pm On Aug 09, 2007
Painful yeah, I agree, I pray God gives his loved ones the fortitude to bear the loss
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by Dekie(f): 3:52pm On Aug 09, 2007
Wills,
young man,the last time i checked the word was CORPORATE,check ur details.
Anyway i read ur response to Alos' post.

So u have lived in all the major cities in Nigeria,that's the only point i got from ur post.Who said it was a chicken that died anyway!!!!!!! please if u have nothing better to say,don't bother,abi Seun dey pay u salary?

Fynewaka,
u said ur friends are on the SHOW,u people are a bunch of GREEDY humans,abeg if e pain una too much,tell them to go home.NB neva start to dey go people houses go force them to come compete.

Uchetobi,
so far, e be like say na only u still get service,i mean, u seem to be the only one using ur brains

Abeg Nairalanders let us mourn a great man that fell in battle.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by ejunkie(m): 6:05pm On Aug 09, 2007
Let evaluate this for a min,

Boy is only son of his parents (lots of value)

Boy is the only emotional support of his mother (loads of value)

Boy just graduated, could ve well gone  on to become anything (literally mega value!!)

i think it's only fair NB diverts 100 million out their much publicised, proudly cited 400 million naira budget to console the bereaved and stop trying to absolve themselves.

The show most likely continue, but then let them pretend to demonstrate a liitle responsibilty.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by uchetobi(f): 6:16pm On Aug 09, 2007
Definitely they’l (or they should I think) pay compensation, but its relative to the amount they insured the contestants for and how soon the Insurance company can pay claim

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13)

Any Other Movie Site For Series Apart From Fztvseries / BBNaija: How Ike Reacted After Mercy Hugged Joe / BBNaija: Tunde Ednut Blasts Tacha For Failing To Define "Characteristics"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.