Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,148 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

Why People Always Think Those That Make Use Of Laptop Are Into Fraud? - Programming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Why People Always Think Those That Make Use Of Laptop Are Into Fraud? (19190 Views)

Why Does people Always Rubbish Those That Use Chatgpt To Code;; / Nigerian Employers Always Think They Are Doing You A Favor / What Specs Of Laptop Is Best For Programming. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why People Always Think Those That Make Use Of Laptop Are Into Fraud? by MikeofKd(m): 2:54pm On Jan 18, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
First of all Ogbeni op.....don't just call it yahoo....say huzzle, bombing or street

Funny enough nobody uses laptop too much again when it comes to bombing and street

Only my real niggarrrrs will understand my statement

Dem nor know say we get Different levels wey we take dey run street ,damn nigggaa u must be a realll nigga. Barman One chilled hieniken for this real nigga pls .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why People Always Think Those That Make Use Of Laptop Are Into Fraud? by ostechno(m): 2:55pm On Jan 18, 2021
chinavs9ja:
Good evening, I wrote this because I am just tired to keep explaining the kind of work laptop does to people around.

Why is it that people always think negatively about those using Laptop? I am a programmer that work remotely from home but whenever people come around the first thing they ask is "Am I also into yahoo?" I will have to sit them down to start explaining what programming job entails.

Honestly, it is really frustrating! Please why did people usually have this negative thought to those innocent programmers doing their legit job?
I don't know oo, a girl came to visit us last week, same day a received a new Payoneer prepaid card, and I'm a guy who's always on my laptop dey do my freelancing jejely, all her thoughts was that I'm a scammer. Same applies to everyone around me, a police man even accused me of being a scammer in front of my dad after seeing payout notification on my email.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why People Always Think Those That Make Use Of Laptop Are Into Fraud? by ostechno(m): 2:57pm On Jan 18, 2021
joinnow:

the same way the world think all nigeria are thief
Not everyone, ive worked with some people abroad who don't can about my country.
Re: Why People Always Think Those That Make Use Of Laptop Are Into Fraud? by Angelfrost(m): 2:58pm On Jan 18, 2021
Wrong Question...

Proper question: Why is the average Nigerian so daft and backward??! undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why People Always Think Those That Make Use Of Laptop Are Into Fraud? by Gabbriell: 2:59pm On Jan 18, 2021
chinavs9ja:
Good

Why is it that people always think negatively about those using Laptop? I am a programmer that work remotely from home but whenever people come around the first thing they ask is "Am I also into yahoo?" I will have to sit them down to start explaining what programming job entails.

Honestly, it is really frustrating! Please why did people usually have this negative thought to those innocent programmers doing their legit job?

The problem with Nigerians is that they cannot differentiate between the following:

* A Computer programmer

* A Yahoo boy.

Computer programing != Yahoo Yahoo

Computer programing = Designing & building computer programs.

Yahoo Yahoo = Scaming & blackmailing people

Yahoo boys are into scaming. They don't necessarily need to know how to code. Most of them (about 80%) are not even very good with computer operating systems talk less of coding .

It is very insulting when you call a computer programmer a Yahoo boy. Not because of the criminal act in Yahoo Yahoo but because of the knowledge gap between the two. It's like comparing a professor to a secondary school student. Very insulting. Computer programmer will rather go for " a hacker" rather than be called a Yahoo boy.

Note: You don't need a laptop to scam people neither do you need to be a computer programmer.

So the idea of laptop = Yahoo boy is false. Most Nigerians think laptop are replacements for their Televisions only...anything else is with laptop is Yahoo.

Hence, the major problem is that "typical Nigerian is a scammer laptop or no laptop", so when u are seen carrying a laptop they term you internet scammer (Yahoo boy)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why People Always Think Those That Make Use Of Laptop Are Into Fraud? by Buzx: 3:00pm On Jan 18, 2021
ernestobum:
This is a sad...I am a software consultants and anywhere I go...my laptop goes with me. Does that make me fraudulent. Secondly, I am a strong advocate of internet fraud and will never support anyone into it...There has to be a paradigm shift from these 'laptop' and criminal behaviour.

You can't be a strong advocate of internet fraud and never support it." I am a strong advocate...." It means you're an adrent supporter.

1 Like

Re: Why People Always Think Those That Make Use Of Laptop Are Into Fraud? by mmsen: 3:01pm On Jan 18, 2021
Because Nigerians are incredibly ignorant people with a limited view of the world.

1 Like

Re: Why People Always Think Those That Make Use Of Laptop Are Into Fraud? by ostechno(m): 3:02pm On Jan 18, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
First of all Ogbeni op.....don't just call it yahoo....say huzzle, bombing or street

Funny enough nobody uses laptop too much again when it comes to bombing and street

Only my real niggarrrrs will understand my statement
I was about to make a point on this, most of these Yahoo boys dont even use laptops, they use phone because many of the dating apps onl woeks on phones
Re: Why People Always Think Those That Make Use Of Laptop Are Into Fraud? by NorthernSerene(m): 3:05pm On Jan 18, 2021
chinavs9ja:
Good evening, I wrote this because I am just tired to keep explaining the kind of work laptop does to people around.

It's simply high level of illiteracy and bad education system in the country plus bad leadership etc.

1 Like

Re: Why People Always Think Those That Make Use Of Laptop Are Into Fraud? by Oshokalo: 3:05pm On Jan 18, 2021
imagine my friend dey tell me say I no jaah,say I just they carry phone wey no dey give me money
Re: Why People Always Think Those That Make Use Of Laptop Are Into Fraud? by bukxy: 3:06pm On Jan 18, 2021
SatanBoss:
90% of nigerians that posses a personal laptop have the potential to commit yahoo. check 10 people with laptop in their house, 9 must be into yahoo or affiliated to one.
especially any guy with dreads, earings , tattoo or tear tear jeans or sagged jeans. dont quote me o. just go and argue with your ancestors or go efcc office and argue wth them.
same way an average nigerian will scam you if he has the chance.
lets call a spade a spade

i don't want to conclude that you're ignorant
Re: Why People Always Think Those That Make Use Of Laptop Are Into Fraud? by Unik3030: 3:06pm On Jan 18, 2021
SatanBoss:
bro money dey crypto o if you know wetin you dey do. but majority of them na yahoo boys. especially that bnaira. very useless yahoo boy forming crypto. the yahoo boys have spoilt the crypto world
I get your point but Nigerians are hypocrites,they have thieves they hail but when their properties get stolen they blame the government.that guy always shouting damn niggaz too will also b forming work from home in his neighbourhood n many of his cronies.

we Africans always know the thieves around us but we will lock up but once the whites label them the thieves they are,we will start complaining.

Forget the hypocrite we have here,forget all the useless noise about police brutality, majority of Nigerians are scammers n they are willing to scam u at every opportunity given.

Its on this nairaland that someone created a link to learn something online,only for me to login using my Facebook account.lo n behold my FB account of over 10 years was hacked n d guy was even trying to blackmail me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why People Always Think Those That Make Use Of Laptop Are Into Fraud? by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jan 18, 2021
SatanBoss:
bro money dey crypto o if you know wetin you dey do. but majority of them na yahoo boys. especially that bnaira. very useless yahoo boy forming crypto. the yahoo boys have spoilt the crypto world
You no Even know wetin you dey yarn....If G-boys no involve buy Bitcoins and other oddcoins how the value for take dey go up... Nigeria is the Second Highest Crypto trading country in the world after America..What made it so?!
Re: Why People Always Think Those That Make Use Of Laptop Are Into Fraud? by Whiteshield: 3:09pm On Jan 18, 2021
Unik3030:
God bless u, don't mind those hypocrite deceiving themselves.
This is d same reason why I am still skeptical about cryptocurrency cos majority of my guys that are doing it are yahoo boys using cryptocurrency as cover so I can't really say if it's yahoo that is paying them or d exchange rubbish they use as cover up.

90% of those forming work from home n laptop rubbish are scammers.

I am not trying to b socially correct or something,this is the undiluted truth

There is a tech company in Ikeja that handles billions Naira worth of contracts for clients. They mostly work from home and immediately you resume, they give you a brand new macbook and iPhone for your work and you work from home. 25 year olds earn like 350k per month.

The thing with people like you is that because you grew up in poverty, you think like a pauper and you are not enlightened. Not only that, you are not ready to be enlightened until you leave your environment of foolishness.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why People Always Think Those That Make Use Of Laptop Are Into Fraud? by Yankee101: 3:11pm On Jan 18, 2021
Stop explaining yourself

3 Likes

Re: Why People Always Think Those That Make Use Of Laptop Are Into Fraud? by LeonMacJames(m): 3:11pm On Jan 18, 2021
Why you dey confuse yourself?
stanliwise:

If it looks like fraud then it sure could be fraud.
Aside their myopic view of people with laptops, you and I know they aren’t the problem only.

Many guys with laptop also engage in fraudulent activities in the cover up they are graphic artist or computer geek where we know it isn’t it.
Especially in this part of the world, what I am against is seeing a stranger and calling them fraudsters because of how they look or what they carry, when you have no background info about them.

But as for people I have stayed with I can randomly select the ones who are yahoo guys the moment I see them with a laptop.

So in conclusion, in this part of the world, if you say 10 boys with laptop are into internet fraud, then chances you’re 5/10 right.

So what are saying? My advise is for people to have proper info before labeling people as a potential fraudster.
Re: Why People Always Think Those That Make Use Of Laptop Are Into Fraud? by Karleb(m): 3:13pm On Jan 18, 2021
DemonInvoker:

You no Even know wetin you dey yarn....If G-boys no involve buy Bitcoins and other oddcoins how the value for take dey go up... Nigeria is the Second Highest Crypto trading country in the world after America..What made it so?!

You don't know a thing. You're so ignorant.
Re: Why People Always Think Those That Make Use Of Laptop Are Into Fraud? by Whiteshield: 3:13pm On Jan 18, 2021
SatanBoss:
shut up . same begger spamming ashawo thread and betting thread with begging coming here to talk of poverty. thhis is the same shit we are talking about

If I have ever begged anyone for money on Nairaland, let me not live to see the end of this week.

But if I have never begged anyone for money, by the power of the gods of the land and Ogun the god of Iron, may you die miserably in a motor accident and the car will catch fire with your corpse inside. May you never see happiness and may your parents borrow money and sell all they have to bury you.

1 Like

Re: Why People Always Think Those That Make Use Of Laptop Are Into Fraud? by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jan 18, 2021
SatanBoss:
bro i started doing btc shit when it was less than 500 dollar per btc. and it has always been going up. i dont want to say out the real thing that makes btc raise because nigerians will flood it and destroy wey i dey get money t flex. btc dont need nigeria at all to boost its price
Baba,I no dey argue weather you don stay 20yrs for the business or not but it's simple logic and everybody knows that;The more the demand the higher the Value.
Re: Why People Always Think Those That Make Use Of Laptop Are Into Fraud? by Ademat7(m): 3:14pm On Jan 18, 2021
ladyF:
A lot of Nigerians have a very myopic reasoning.

You will get a point where you would get tired of explaining. Only at this point will you know peace. grin

It’s LadyF again grin grin grin
Miss your front page days
Re: Why People Always Think Those That Make Use Of Laptop Are Into Fraud? by Unik3030: 3:15pm On Jan 18, 2021
Whiteshield:

There is a tech company in Ikeja that handles billions Naira worth of contracts for clients. They mostly work from home and immediately you resume, they give you a brand new macbook and iPhone for your work and you work from home. 25 year olds earn like 350k per month.

The thing with people like you is that because you grew up in poverty, you think like a pauper and you are not enlightened. Not only that, you are not ready to be enlightened until you leave your environment of foolishness.
don't b an idiot,how many youths are working in that tech company?
so all d youths going about with unexplainable wealth are working for different tech company?
u people will want to use all tools of blackmail to silence someone saying d truth....your own tool of blackmail here is poverty.

I have seen what u don't know n I can tell u for free that majority of work from home rubbish are yahoo boys, majority of those shouting Bitcoin n rubbish exchange are running yahoo under,even your influencers, artists,actors n d likes.

80% of wealth in Nigeria are gotten from illegal sources n majority of those young and rich are into shitty things.get exposed n don't b deceived by rubbish

1 Like

Re: Why People Always Think Those That Make Use Of Laptop Are Into Fraud? by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jan 18, 2021
Karleb:

You don't know a thing. You're so ignorant.
Go Fvck yourself please.
I don't wish to learn a thing from a dimwit.
Re: Why People Always Think Those That Make Use Of Laptop Are Into Fraud? by Vicas2000: 3:15pm On Jan 18, 2021
chinavs9ja:

Started working online since 2007 and it was even worse back then.

I remember a banker flatmate who constantly harrased me for doing'yahoo' because he can't understand how I can make money without leaving my room lol.

Those were the days before paystack. That was even before Instagram became instafamous in Nigeria.

Next time. Don't bother explaining. Peiple generally have a poor mentality despite being educated.

3 Likes

Re: Why People Always Think Those That Make Use Of Laptop Are Into Fraud? by adeoba2008(m): 3:15pm On Jan 18, 2021
Nigeria mentality.
When people see me with laptop, they think I am jobless. The stigma is just too much.

1 Like

Re: Why People Always Think Those That Make Use Of Laptop Are Into Fraud? by studentofTruth: 3:16pm On Jan 18, 2021
ladyF:
A lot of Nigerians have a very myopic reasoning.

You will get a point where you would get tired of explaining. Only at this point will you know peace. grin

It’s LadyF again grin grin grin

I completely agree with you.
Re: Why People Always Think Those That Make Use Of Laptop Are Into Fraud? by Karleb(m): 3:16pm On Jan 18, 2021
Whiteshield:

If I have ever begged anyone for money on Nairaland, let me not live to see the end of this week.

But if I have never begged anyone for money, by the power of the gods of the land and Ogun the god of Iron, may you die miserably in a motor accident and the car will catch fire with your corpse inside. May you never see happiness and may your parents borrow money and sell all they have to bury you.

Baba calm down, he never reach that level.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Interested In Teaching Yourself Programming? file on link / Pros And Cons Of Dating A Programmer Or Just A Geek / I Just Bombed A Technical Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.