Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,297 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:25 AM

What Will You Do In A Marriage Like Mine? - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Will You Do In A Marriage Like Mine? (62641 Views)

My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? / Why Does Sex Slowly Die Off In A Marriage After 10+ Years?? / A Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom (Screenshot) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Will You Do In A Marriage Like Mine? by emekafelix1: 1:48pm On Jan 20, 2021
i love this phrase.....i don't want to divoice!,
YOUR MARRIAGE CAN WORK, IF YOU BELIEVE IN PRAYERS CONSIDER IT SOLVED ,MARRAIGE IS NOT EASY BUT GOD ON YOUR SIDE YOU CAN BE HAPPY.

first,
(1) call him and talk to him just express your mind and made your points known in peaceful manner.
(2) examine yourself and check your short coming no body is perfect & amend if any
(3) reason with him on the issue of child caring if possible let him suggest alternative
(4) make yourself happy do not die because of marriage or man. learn to ignore and move on
(5) make him your best friend who knows he needs more attendation ,note some women are more mature than men you can win him over
(6) for get the passed
(7) do not use his native consultation issue to attack him rather pray for him
APPLY ALL THESE YOU WILL SEE BIG CHANGE IN HIM
Re: What Will You Do In A Marriage Like Mine? by bareal(m): 1:52pm On Jan 20, 2021
ststyreal:

Uncle or sister, didn't you read where I told her to try and calm down? Or is it untill I plainly tell her to stop talking too much brfore you will understand they mean the same thing...
Please advice her and move on

Being calm is relative sis
Re: What Will You Do In A Marriage Like Mine? by Otiv: 1:54pm On Jan 20, 2021
Go to the author of marriagewith your issue sis. He will help you. His name is Yaweh! Nobody can give you any advice that will help you except Jesus. People will think this is a crazy idea but it is the best. God is the author of peace. Go to him!
Vevejoy:
Plesse forget the errors and focus on the content.

So here's my issue.

I've been married for 6yrs and it's been a blissful journey- of course with minor issues here and there but nothing to worry about until May 5th 2020 when I'd say things turned upside down.

We live abroad and struggled to have kids but God finally blessed us with a beautiful daughter in Sept 2019. Child care being super expensive here, we wanted one of our moms to come help us with the baby when I return to work after my maternity leave. So on the eve of our wedding anniversary which was the 4th of May last year, I asked my husband for the say 10th time about beginning the procedure of bringing a mom over to help since I'll be returning to work. He asked which mom and I said in my exact words; "of course my mom" because I know that when a woman gives birth, her mom usually go to help her. Did that change our story? My God, marriage has been one hell of a thing since that day.

My husband said I am selfish, disrespectful, and want to dominate him. He said things will never be the same again and since then, my marriage has been a stress zone.

My husband is numb to my feelings. He's been ignoring me, I've been a nag I'll admit since tue incident last year. I now talk alot and mostly complain about everything whenever we are together. It's sad and I've actually had conversations with myself to ignore him and stop nagging but I continue to do it, I need help on how to shut up and observe.

I can cry from now to die kingdom come and this man wouldn't be moved. He cannot shift his stance because of me at all. He does whatever he likes and disregard everything I say. E.g before this crisis, we had an appointment to see our Dr to start trying for baby number two because the Dr's advised that since we just had a baby, it's best to try for another soonest given that we had challenges conceiving the first one. This man cancelled the appointment with our Dr and has blatantly refused to start trying for a baby right now. He says when the time comes he'll let me know. Up till now the time has not come despite the fact that delaying may impact our chance of conceiving again. What a life!� � �.

Also, he has decided that no parent will come and I'm back to work already. My poor baby who use to sleep till 9am now suffer in this winter getting up at 6am to be dropped off at daycare all because her father is angry and want to make sure he doesn't do anything that will make his wife smile. He'll rather spend thorns of money paying for daycare even after I've told him that I don't mind his mom coming. Mind u, I have a very good relationship with my inlaws, especially my mom inlaw so it's not an inlaw fight.

The worst of them all is that despite living abroad for 17yrs, this man believes so much in native doctors to the extend that I can't even explain. Infact it's something that I've always fought him about and talked against. I've even complained about it to his family. And guess what, when I talk against, he tells his native drs who of course has ignited the fire in our home. Can you believe that in this chaos this man took me on a vacation in August last year that he wanted to clear his mind so we can start a new chapter and be happy again only to tell me that I have been trying to use a charm on him in the past months thats why things got rough. He said the 3 women I am using appeared to him but he is stronger ����. I am laughing because I felt pity and ashamed for him. How can a grown man be this vulnerable to suitsayers? I have never in my entire life visited a native doctor for myself not to talk of going to take a charmI didn'tvisit the native drs when I was strugglingto have a baby and this man thinks I'llvisit one now to charm him. Wondering y he will even believe such a thing. Infact I don't even know any native doctor. So when he said that, I told him that if I had known that his change of attitude is because of this stupid reason, I would not have fought for my marriage like I did. Of course I got so mad and told him a piece of my mind. I am even ashamed of telling people that despite this man's exposure he consults native Dr's in Africa more than even the people in Africa. Infact if they say yes that's what he listens to. He has even paid a flight from here to Africa because a native Dr told him that his dad who raised him to be the man he is today is trying to kill him and he should come for protection.

I decided to tell his mom about the accusation. His mom told me she scolded at him and warned him never to say such nonsense. Well I just pity him and I'm praying for him. But truth is I regret my marriage to him because of these his believes. I just don't believe in divorce and don't even have the heart to move out I would have done so. Mind u, I am 100% independent so it's not an issue of being scared of surviving alone.

Well one Sunday night as usual I talked to him like crazy and he said "all he wants is for our relationship to work and he will put in his best effort with support from me. I said I want same and will put in my best effort with support from him too*. This happened around september and things have been like normal on and off since then.

I have a few worries which I'd like you to advise me on the way forward.
- My husband is heartless. No matter how I lament, cry, beg, approach him nicely. Infact no matter the manner in which I bring up an issue to him, he doesn't get moved at all. He stays on his stance and doesn't care. How am I suppose to live with a man like this. He goes mute when I try having a conversation with him.

- I have a weakness of talking alot which I acknowledge and I'm doing my best to work on it though I'm yet to change completely. But I can say there's a huge improvement. Infact I'm able to walk away now.

Can a marriage really work out out without a compromise from both parties? I feel like I am compromising alot but this man is doing whatever he likes. In all of these he doesn't cheat but has abused me physically 4times in our 6yrs of marriage which I'm still pained about. The worst abuse right now is emotional abuse and I've told him so several times.

We use to be an exemplary and happy couple up till this may 2020. What will you do in a situation like mine With? With a man like my husband who I'd say lacks empathy and a concience how do I deal with him? His mom said she talked to him but I don't see any difference.

I feel miserable right now in my marriage. Since I got married this is our hardest hit and unfortunately it got prolonged probably bc of his native Dr's who told him I am using a charm on him which he believed.

Help me out please

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do In A Marriage Like Mine? by odinga1of: 2:00pm On Jan 20, 2021
Vevejoy:

So here's my issue.

I've been married for 6yrs and it's been a blissful journey- of course with minor issues here and there but nothing to worry about until May 5th 2020 when I'd say things turned upside down.

We live abroad and struggled to have kids but God finally blessed us with a beautiful daughter in Sept 2019. Child care being super expensive here, we wanted one of our moms to come help us with the baby when I return to work after my maternity leave. So on the eve of our wedding anniversary which was the 4th of May last year, I asked my husband for the say 10th time about beginning the procedure of bringing a mom over to help since I'll be returning to work. He asked which mom and I said in my exact words; "of course my mom" because I know that when a woman gives birth, her mom usually go to help her. Did that change our story? My God, marriage has been one hell of a thing since that day.

My husband said I am selfish, disrespectful, and want to dominate him. He said things will never be the same again and since then, my marriage has been a stress zone.

My husband is numb to my feelings. He's been ignoring me, I've been a nag I'll admit since tue incident last year. I now talk alot and mostly complain about everything whenever we are together. It's sad and I've actually had conversations with myself to ignore him and stop nagging but I continue to do it, I need help on how to shut up and observe.

I can cry from now to die kingdom come and this man wouldn't be moved. He cannot shift his stance because of me at all. He does whatever he likes and disregard everything I say. E.g before this crisis, we had an appointment to see our Dr to start trying for baby number two because the Dr's advised that since we just had a baby, it's best to try for another soonest given that we had challenges conceiving the first one. This man cancelled the appointment with our Dr and has blatantly refused to start trying for a baby right now. He says when the time comes he'll let me know. Up till now the time has not come despite the fact that delaying may impact our chance of conceiving again. What a life!� � �.

Also, he has decided that no parent will come and I'm back to work already. My poor baby who use to sleep till 9am now suffer in this winter getting up at 6am to be dropped off at daycare all because her father is angry and want to make sure he doesn't do anything that will make his wife smile. He'll rather spend thorns of money paying for daycare even after I've told him that I don't mind his mom coming. Mind u, I have a very good relationship with my inlaws, especially my mom inlaw so it's not an inlaw fight.

The worst of them all is that despite living abroad for 17yrs, this man believes so much in native doctors to the extend that I can't even explain. Infact it's something that I've always fought him about and talked against. I've even complained about it to his family. And guess what, when I talk against, he tells his native drs who of course has ignited the fire in our home. Can you believe that in this chaos this man took me on a vacation in August last year that he wanted to clear his mind so we can start a new chapter and be happy again only to tell me that I have been trying to use a charm on him in the past months thats why things got rough. He said the 3 women I am using appeared to him but he is stronger ����. I am laughing because I felt pity and ashamed for him. How can a grown man be this vulnerable to suitsayers? I have never in my entire life visited a native doctor for myself not to talk of going to take a charmI didn'tvisit the native drs when I was strugglingto have a baby and this man thinks I'llvisit one now to charm him. Wondering y he will even believe such a thing. Infact I don't even know any native doctor. So when he said that, I told him that if I had known that his change of attitude is because of this stupid reason, I would not have fought for my marriage like I did. Of course I got so mad and told him a piece of my mind. I am even ashamed of telling people that despite this man's exposure he consults native Dr's in Africa more than even the people in Africa. Infact if they say yes that's what he listens to. He has even paid a flight from here to Africa because a native Dr told him that his dad who raised him to be the man he is today is trying to kill him and he should come for protection.

I decided to tell his mom about the accusation. His mom told me she scolded at him and warned him never to say such nonsense. Well I just pity him and I'm praying for him. But truth is I regret my marriage to him because of these his believes. I just don't believe in divorce and don't even have the heart to move out I would have done so. Mind u, I am 100% independent so it's not an issue of being scared of surviving alone.

Well one Sunday night as usual I talked to him like crazy and he said "all he wants is for our relationship to work and he will put in his best effort with support from me. I said I want same and will put in my best effort with support from him too*. This happened around september and things have been like normal on and off since then.

- My husband is heartless. No matter how I lament, cry, beg, approach him nicely. Infact no matter the manner in which I bring up an issue to him, he doesn't get moved at all. He stays on his stance and doesn't care. How am I suppose to live with a man like this. He goes mute when I try having a conversation with him.

- I have a weakness of talking alot which I acknowledge and I'm doing my best to work on it though I'm yet to change completely. But I can say there's a huge improvement. Infact I'm able to walk away now.

Can a marriage really work out out without a compromise from both parties? I feel like I am compromising alot but this man is doing whatever he likes. In all of these he doesn't cheat but has abused me physically 4times in our 6yrs of marriage which I'm still pained about. The worst abuse right now is emotional abuse and I've told him so several times.

We use to be an exemplary and happy couple up till this may 2020. What will you do in a situation like mine With? With a man like my husband who I'd say lacks empathy and a concience how do I deal with him? His mom said she talked to him but I don't see any difference.

I feel miserable right now in my marriage. Since I got married this is our hardest hit and unfortunately it got prolonged probably bc of his native Dr's who told him I am using a charm on him which he believed.

Help me out please

Madam you are wrong in all ramifications. Even Taribo West use jazz that year for France and Italy.

How much more your husband? Because he refused to bring your mom to oversea, he is now a babalawo merchant?

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do In A Marriage Like Mine? by Tap0lane: 2:02pm On Jan 20, 2021
The daft part is only applicable to your father send it over to him.
Biglittlelois:

Are you daft? What brought about pastors here? Is Op's husband listening to a pastor or a native doctor? If you have problem with pastors, go and open a thread and wail your heart out about pastors, that's your problem not mine,

Either you focus on the main issue of this thread or stay out of my mentions.....

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do In A Marriage Like Mine? by specialmati(m): 2:03pm On Jan 20, 2021
to the ones that wants to hear, if you are a Christian marry a Christian ,if you are an atheist marry an atheist ,if you are demon posses look for your like to marry.if you like clubing dont go and marry a christian.the problem here is that you married someone that visit native doctors why you dont. dont just marry try to marry your like to avoid this kind of stories

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do In A Marriage Like Mine? by Patented: 2:04pm On Jan 20, 2021
his reacton seems not to be merely about the fact that you said it is your MOm that would come but to other issues ffrom the past. You said you talk a lot and this may be part of the issues as in your talking you may have said some hurtful things. Now that said your man has his issues no doubt , his religious beliefs are not in sync with yours and that comes with friction. those are differences that ought to have ben ironed out before marriage but mayb you can still iron out.

you said things have been alright on and off since you both had a talk, so it seems that you both dont want to walk away. So maybe more talking is necessary and rather than just saying i will domy best to make this work, you should both talk about specific conduct that should stop or that annoys the other and let the other judge frankly the level of progress for each pmerson. this thing we calll marriage is not always smooth how we deal with the difficult times can define us.

remember smooth seas dont make skillful sailors. wish you the best.
Vevejoy:

So here's my issue.

Help me out please

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do In A Marriage Like Mine? by ststyreal(f): 2:05pm On Jan 20, 2021
bareal:

Being calm is relative sis
So, when you see someone that is calm, do they talk too much?... When you are told that someone is calm, what comes to your mind?. Please move on, words can be inter used.
Re: What Will You Do In A Marriage Like Mine? by britiko: 2:06pm On Jan 20, 2021
Vevejoy:

So here's my issue.

Help me out please

Dear Op,
this is so long, I feel your pain and I'm glad you are able to express your feelings.

I understand your anxiety about having a second child immediately most especially after struggling to have the first. trying for a child in itself is emotionally draining and could be cost-intensive depending on your location. Your husband might not yet recover from the emotional stress of the first one, so just let him relax. I also understand ur anxiety might be from the perspective of age not being on ur side or you approaching menopause.
but in all, please be calm and commit your heart desires to God. Good thing you still do have regular sex, in some marriages resentment might av set in and sex wouldn't happen. And its okay to want a second child even if you regret ur marriage at the moment. God forbid, if the marriage doesn't work on the long run, you have ur kids for same man rather than hopping around and you can concentrate on urself and kids. I will advice you try all methods and medications you used in conceiving the first except if it was thru IVF, then u require medical assistance which is emotionally draining in itself so understand your husband and just pet and pray with him.

As regards child care, let the matter rest since he's paying the bills. Your baby will be fine. just ensure the childcare is licensed. I understand the peace of mind you have knowing your child is with a trusted adult but you know, let it go for peace to reign.
Childcare is crazily expensive in Canada most esp Ontario and a child ur age will pay close to 1500cad per month and people are able to save by bringing in one of the moms to assist. The worst thing is you won't qualify for a child care subsidy if you have a household income of over $55,000. and that d part most people don't understand. Childcare benefit isn't relevant if you earn well as it's favourable to low-income earners.

Also, you preferring your mom to come over is okay. Every lady feels free around their mom than MIL which could be due to vulnerability after childbirth, and usually, the moms take turns. However, it seems your husband doesn't feel free around your mum hence, his resistance. Yes, u might av a good relationship with his family but what is ur mums relationship to him? And why does he think you are dominating over him? do you always force your decisions over him?

I would attribute, your nagging as a coping mechanism since you said you began nagging after the incidence. This feeling is valid and okay. You cant be living as couples and your partner is mute to ur discussions all in the name of avoiding trouble and you guys end up sweeping issues under the carpet without resolving them. And him getting physical 4 times in the last 6 yrs is a NO-NO. He should learn to keep his hands to himself and talk as an adult. You guys need a marriage counsellor before things get out of hand. Your benefits at work should cover this expense or pay from your pocket for your own sanity. Please seek for help. You need someone to vent to and express urself to. And stop reporting him to his mom/ third party, it's obvious they have no hold or he has no reference for them.

Being emotionally abused is worse than physical abuse. You need to be in the right frame of mind to take care of your child before you start transferring aggression to the baby, God forbid. Please seek counselling.(Not church counselling o) Family service counselling will be better.

As regards him being numb to ur feelings and not caring, please put a trusted friend on speed dial for emergencies. I just hope u don't fall into medical distress whereby you are groaning and moaning and he ignores you. Yorubas say " bi a ban ja kin see bi ka ku"... (meaning even if we are fighting it's not up to the level of death). Abeg, secure urself. You need a friend, preferably a disciplined female friend that will honour ur secrets but you can feel vulnerable with. meaning you can cry, talk and relieve pent up emotions without being judged. also, this person can pray along with you. it could be a sibling. you cant be an island, we always need a shoulder to lean on.

As regards the native doctors, I'm assuming you knew he was into this stuff before you got married but you were less concerned due to reasons best known to you or you were hoping he would change. You cant change an adult, you can only tolerate. The bible says can two work together except they agree? and what relationship has light got to do with darkness? You guys are definitely not on same level faith wise and I'm scared his native doctors don't turn around to tell him you are after his life and he tries to kill you. He believes these people and will always act according to their instructions. This to me is very serious and deadly.

In conclusion, please seek help from a specialist (a marriage counsellor). You husband has pent up issues that he needs to divulge to a counsellor.
If things don't improve, you might need to separate for a while to give yourselves enough time and space away from each other to reevaluate your marriage. Please note that separation isn't the same as divorce. It's better to leave so you can live for your child. May the Lord guide you through this thing called marriage.

Shalom!!!

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do In A Marriage Like Mine? by Magnoliaa(f): 2:07pm On Jan 20, 2021
Chii59:

Nairaland has always had dramas. But so many reasonable people were here. Many of them have left, or just inactive. I have some as friends off NL.

Ah, well. We'll see what'll become of here finally. For those that'll remain.

And it's ironic that this is happening(its content) as the site is becoming mainstream.

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do In A Marriage Like Mine? by shadeyinka(m): 2:12pm On Jan 20, 2021
Magnoliaa:

Everything wasn't okay before this. The man is not without faults and she didn't share everything that's been happening with them (even it's only the bad side she brought). She even admitted to being a nag and retracted: later told him his mom can come over. Is this seriously something you think is worth "punishing" the woman for if he was the supposed CEO? Since last year. Is being the head not about laying one's life down and sacrifice? You are only highlighting the "bragging" part that requires making decision and being on top - how is this man consulting with his director wife or whateve analogy you choose to use now?

You want her to accord him respect when he's not being an exemplary husband. I know the husband isn't here, but you made it all seem like the op is the only culprit.

Whatever will help them wouldn't be the wife's sole actions alone.
I do not defend nor side the man one bit. He has his own issues. But I can only talk to the wife and anything I say about he husband hold not water since he is not here to hear his of his own faulty behaviour.

1. One thing with marriage is that after you've made your choice amongst over 3billion eligible spouse, the responsibility of living with who you chose is entirely yours.
2. The consequence of your decisions is also yours to bear.

People think that they can make a poor choice and then come around to repackage such a choice.

From her own part, the honest bitter truth is that if she wants her family back, she has to make the sacrifices required. That is my advice to her!

Unfortunately, even with this, there is no guarantee of any quick result.
Re: What Will You Do In A Marriage Like Mine? by fredopareto(m): 2:14pm On Jan 20, 2021
Vevejoy:

So here's my issue.

Help me out please
maka y..dis story don tey naw
Re: What Will You Do In A Marriage Like Mine? by MummyD2020(f): 2:16pm On Jan 20, 2021
Since he doesnt want anyone but prefers the daycare, he should better pay for the day care. Secondly, that ur baby wakes up earlier than normal isn't suffering. He/she will make up the hours lost to sleep at the day care. Maybe u should just give him a break. I know some men can be laid backs.

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do In A Marriage Like Mine? by samwillyco1(m): 2:18pm On Jan 20, 2021
Vevejoy:

We've been having alot of sex. �
t

The simple truth is that you have been having problems with him, which is unknown to you because he never told you, the point of who comes over to take care of the child is not the major issue, but he is now using it to tell you his mind.
Although based on what you said, you husband got some wrong, even though your husband may have his own version of what the main problem is all about and not what you have written here, but this what you should do for sake of peace.

Look back from the very first day he physically abused you, and you will find the main issue and fix the problem.

Secondly stop nagging/ quarrelling him, focus on your daughter and another thing.

Thirdly pretend to be dumb for some time, don't talk to him first but only replied to him whenever he talks to you and see him come back to you

Finally when he comes back to you, first of all apologize to him ( forget about who is right or wrong ) and everything will start working normal again. May God help you and pray well to God, if you cannot join him on what he believes in.

I wish you happy returned happy married life/home. Follow him to watch his favorite TV programs , football, wrestling, boxing, follow him on whichever one he prefers and enjoy your marriage like never before.

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do In A Marriage Like Mine? by Amamgbojennifer(f): 2:19pm On Jan 20, 2021
It is not an easy journey to be with a man that doesn't listen to you. Talking a lot is just your temperament and shouldn't be used against you,
you just need to work on yourself and focus on things that makes you happy. Don't give up on been nice to him, with time he will come around but if visiting native doctor is his lifestyle pls is either u pray him out or you leave in peace.

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do In A Marriage Like Mine? by Tap0lane: 2:21pm On Jan 20, 2021
You probably can't own a functional brain to understand they both need to work to maintain their standard of living cos if you do then you will understand daycare abroad shouldn't be associated with strange environment, strange people n pain you portrayed. You can as well have the child not attend school cos of the strange teacher over there as well. I need not explain further who is with the foolish argument here, if you still can't decipher that I am not sorry I will not be able to help you further.

Biglittlelois:

Who should quit their job, the father, mother, or both since it is their child?

If both or one of them should quit, how can one parent solely continue to provide for the kind of lifestyle they are accustomed to in a society where all hands must be on deck? Is that not why bringing in any of their mother was suggested?

You see how ridiculously foolish your comment sounded.....

3 Likes

Re: What Will You Do In A Marriage Like Mine? by ednut1(m): 2:22pm On Jan 20, 2021
Mumu story, all these were there during dating
Re: What Will You Do In A Marriage Like Mine? by Vevejoy: 2:22pm On Jan 20, 2021
greenguy:
You're the main problem.

I am married and I'd tell you why if you care to know.
Why?

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do In A Marriage Like Mine? by seguno2: 2:23pm On Jan 20, 2021
Vevejoy:

So here's my issue.

Help me out please

Have you thought of a psychotherapist

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do In A Marriage Like Mine? by DECENCY3: 2:24pm On Jan 20, 2021
He is displaying the typical African man entitlement mentality.

It hurts so much the world always wants the woman to be at the receiving end no matter the circumstance.

Endure and find happiness in your baby, when you stop nagging and don't send about his behavior, he'll come back to his senses.

If you continue to be troubled you'll soon run into depression and I guess you know the rest.

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do In A Marriage Like Mine? by Vevejoy: 2:24pm On Jan 20, 2021
SunTzu123:

From your narrative, the problem is just between you and your husband? Then it's actually simple.
Since you're working and he is working too, enroll in an online PG studies. Or take a one year course to enhance your value. I discovered this secret a long time ago; whenever there's crisis in the moment, setting higher goals focuses your energy and emotions on something of greater value. The present wranglings will just die off. With time, your relationship will normalize. But the babalawo part I don't have any suggestions.

I hope this works out for me. I actually just enrolled in a program and started it this month.
Thank you!
Re: What Will You Do In A Marriage Like Mine? by jahrulusyahoo(m): 2:26pm On Jan 20, 2021
I suggest that you secretly fund your husband's mum's surprise trip abroad. Thank me later if this surprise visit to your home by his mum will resolve your problems...
Vevejoy:

So here's my issue.

Help me out please
Re: What Will You Do In A Marriage Like Mine? by Vevejoy: 2:30pm On Jan 20, 2021
donnie:

She should complicate her life abi? I think she is too pushy and has this idea of an ideal marriage that she doesn't seem to be acheiving. If your husband is a selfish man, still act wisely and humbly as a woman and you will still be attractive to him. Don't try to claim right by saying "compromise on both sides". He should know that if he is wise. Even if he isn't he will learn the hard lesson in his own.

So you want him to sleep with you after dragging right? How na... when you be boss?

Just pray for him and believe... It will turn out for your good.

We've been having sex. We just can't have a baby without medical help. Thank you!
Re: What Will You Do In A Marriage Like Mine? by Magnoliaa(f): 2:38pm On Jan 20, 2021
shadeyinka:

I do not defend nor side the man one bit. He has his own issues. But I can only talk to the wife and anything I say about he husband hold not water since he is not here to hear his of his own faulty behaviour.

1. One thing with marriage is that after you've made your choice amongst over 3billion eligible spouse, the responsibility of living with who you chose is entirely yours.
2. The consequence of your decisions is also yours to bear.

People think that they can make a poor choice and then come around to repackage such a choice.

From her own part, the honest bitter truth is that if she wants her family back, she has to make the sacrifices required. That is my advice to her!

Okay.

Unfortunately, even with this, there is no guarantee of any quick result.

Exactly. Or of any result at all, if the man chooses not to budge. A joint effort would suffice, else she'd just be wasting her time to salvage THEIR marriage.
Re: What Will You Do In A Marriage Like Mine? by Minemrys: 2:41pm On Jan 20, 2021
@ vevejoy. It's obvious your man is a c0ntrol freak. He would go to all lengths to feel in c0ntrol, and whatever he feels he can't c0ntrol, he attributes to the metaphysical, hence he believes in seeking the metaphysical to understand what he can't c0ntrol. And you being independent has a psychological effect on him. You seem like one quite educative and with s0mewhat philosophical view of things, so that scares him as he can't get you to reas0n the way he does. Him wanting to feel in c0ntrol, bec0mes scared of you. So there it is, do you want to be fully submissive, without an at0m of freewill in exchange for your marriage? Or be h0nest about the situati0n and who you are; the independent w0man who has a unique view of life?

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do In A Marriage Like Mine? by bareal(m): 2:42pm On Jan 20, 2021
ststyreal:

So, when you see someone that is calm, do they talk too much?... When you are told that someone is calm, what comes to your mind?. Please move on, words can be inter used.

So you haven't seen one that talks with calmness and all seriousness? Madam stop defending rubbish.....tell her to stop talking too much and stop nagging in plain language. Simple. Bye

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do In A Marriage Like Mine? by ststyreal(f): 2:46pm On Jan 20, 2021
bareal:

So you haven't seen one that talks with calmness and all seriousness? Madam stop defending rubbish.....tell her to stop talking too much and stop nagging in plain language. Simple. Bye
What stops you from telling her yourself? Or were you forbid from telling her yourself. I decided which word to use ok. So damn mind your business ok. I choose to use calm and that you can't change, so go use your own words please. You can't dictate to me what to say and what not to say. Please get busy and move on... I will cease to respond to you henceforth.

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do In A Marriage Like Mine? by Gboy5050: 2:49pm On Jan 20, 2021
You need some advice and prayer to curb things ,private chat me on WhatsApp on 08086930205

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do In A Marriage Like Mine? by Oyiboman69: 2:50pm On Jan 20, 2021
Vevejoy:

Help me out please
be prayerful and don't ever think because your opinion,religious practice are not the same,he's lost.

You said from it from your writeup that you're married for six years now and I can state that he's not a kid....he knows how far he's come and what he's done to achieve that,you can't change that overnight...stop trying to be in control of the home. It works for some and it doesn't work for others...can't you see that the template of the marriage changed sine a third person has now involved?,you have to flow with it cos never going to be the same. Even if the doctor advised you people in bringing another child as early as possible,you still have to rely on you husband's decision to bring in child cos of financial constraints....

And e com be like say as you don born finish na him you com they stubborn and nagging every time...aunty you should be calming down ooo

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do In A Marriage Like Mine? by ssexy: 2:57pm On Jan 20, 2021
I don't get it,are u saying the woman should have asked who he would love to come? There's no debate in this in omugo it's the woman's mother's right,no debate,then the man's mother can opt to come see her grandchild later on,no one talked about how insensitive the man is,a man who's wife's tears doesn't move is heartless,poster pls don't let that man control ur happiness,u didn't do any bad at all,give your child all ur love overlook him and don't nag again..nairaland men support their men so much

You would have simply asked him who he would like to have over and allow him throw the dice to your choice. Even if his mother comes, it is not an achievement..

As matter don be like this, just allow him some time. He will come around. [/quote]

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do In A Marriage Like Mine? by ssexy: 3:02pm On Jan 20, 2021
Talking trash���,
HarunaWest:
You typed a lengthy post just to pass a simple message.This is were the problem lies. You talk too much...
You are draining your hubby....Give him a break, he will come around sooner or later.
Become more kind and generous towards him.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply)

Woman Chased Away Husband From Home After Impregnated By Lover (pics) / About To Divorce My Husband Who Sponsored Me In School. / ''He Died Because He Wanted To Please Everybody'' Nigerian Man Mourns His Friend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 229
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.