Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,098 members, 7,821,796 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:34 PM

Your Son Gets Beaten By His Classmates - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Your Son Gets Beaten By His Classmates (2545 Views)

What Will Be Your Reaction If You Caught Your Son Doing This. / Photos: Woman Brutally Beaten By Husband For Allegedly Greeting Her Pastor / What Will You Do If You Get Home And Find Your Son Like This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Son Gets Beaten By His Classmates by algood(f): 5:42am On May 01, 2008
TOYOSI20:

@ Topic,

The first thing should have been to report the incident to the school

authorities for the to take appropriate action, so the this ugly situation would not be repeated, . . . . . , .

And then have a very long talk with your child on the importance of standind

up for him self, no in a violent mannet but firmly,and then whenever things

escalate he needs to bring it to the attention of the class teacher.

Totally in support of ypur opinion, i will also tell him to be able to stand for himself in case of another time
Re: Your Son Gets Beaten By His Classmates by Outstrip(f): 5:29pm On May 02, 2008
When we were in Nigeria this idiot kid was bullying my sister. One day my dad picked us up from school and my little sister was crying and when my dad found out that that kid had hit her he was mad as heck. He made her find the boy and when they found him my dad picked him up like he was going to put him in the trunk of the car. The boy was crying like a baby. That was the last we heard from that idiot. His name was Ogbebo and his partner in crime was Enero. I could confidently laugh when I walked past them in school. They were too scared to even look at any of us.
Re: Your Son Gets Beaten By His Classmates by knotty(m): 1:42pm On Sep 30, 2010
It is 2 years down the lane.

the boy has finally woken up from his slumber.

the tide has changed. he is the gentle bully now. i am so proud of his leadership skills around his peers.
Re: Your Son Gets Beaten By His Classmates by skybeauty(f): 2:38pm On Sep 30, 2010
spank him so hard and tell him to go out there and show them who d boss is
Re: Your Son Gets Beaten By His Classmates by skybeauty(f): 2:41pm On Sep 30, 2010
spank him so hard and tell him to go out there and show them who d boss is
Re: Your Son Gets Beaten By His Classmates by damas11111(m): 8:09pm On Sep 30, 2010
My son was bullied by two senior schoolmates. He was not his usual self for about two days as a result. Upon knowing that he was bullied, I went to the principal to complain and insisted to see the culprits. I did not mince my words in letting the principal know that I was actually in the school to bully these 2 students so they know how it feels. The matured principal prevailed on me not to do my intention but convincingly assured me that their parents will be invited and informed of the boys action. To cut it short, the boys received punishment for their act and were counselled and seriously warned to desist. Two days after, my son told me one of them came to apologize and was truly friendly and has been ever since.

So I suggest you'll need to stand for your wards when they are bullied. Though you need to be tactical while doing this.
Re: Your Son Gets Beaten By His Classmates by Amigoz(f): 1:45pm On Oct 01, 2010
knotty:

the tide has changed. he is the gentle bully now. i am so proud of his leadership skills around his peers.

Good he has woken up from his slumber. Even better he is leading among his peers.

But is there anything like a 'gentle bully' - expand on that if you can.
Re: Your Son Gets Beaten By His Classmates by Sissy3(f): 4:59pm On Oct 01, 2010
knotty:

so the oppressed have become the oppressor?
Re: Your Son Gets Beaten By His Classmates by ITbomb(m): 10:54pm On Oct 01, 2010
Since i was in kindergaten all they told me was 'if you cant beat them arrange to have them beaten' the worst shame was for mummy to come and beat them for you
Re: Your Son Gets Beaten By His Classmates by knotty(m): 1:01pm On Oct 02, 2010
a gentle bully is one that maintains his peace without showing fear. you touch him and he bares his fangs. that is what his teacher said my boy has become.

i still prefer he is like that than one crying wimp every time his classmates touch him.
Re: Your Son Gets Beaten By His Classmates by cicero(m): 6:45pm On Oct 03, 2010
Move him out of that school simple, I assume it's a private school of course.
I don't want my son being hit or him hitting anyone for that matter.

Every good private school I know put that in check.
Re: Your Son Gets Beaten By His Classmates by sms4health: 8:13am On Oct 04, 2010
Report the incident to the school, they should be aware of what is going on but they can't do much.

Teach your son to stand up for himself both verbally and physically if not he could hate school and it could affect him for life.

This is important because other students could sense weakness and he could become an easy target

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is The Meaning Of Ur Name? / It Has Been 4 Years Now We Had Sex- A Husband Plight / I Will Not Bear My Husband’s Name-What are the Consequences?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.