Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,050 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

I Never Want To Step Foot In Africa - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Never Want To Step Foot In Africa (4924 Views)

I Never Knew This Part Of Ladies Was Sexual. Am i normal? / Why Women Never Want Nice Guys — And Why It’s Too Late When They Do. / 8 Text Guys Never Want To Recieve (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Never Want To Step Foot In Africa by Nobody: 7:22pm On Apr 02, 2011
@jaybee
Of course they do, to a certain point.
Common sense would prevail here if you knew that you wouldn't be able to get a proper hospital to care for your lil ones (in case something happened) or unless you had lots of cash.
Anyway, in most cases, the love for the children exceed the one for the hubby so all decision will be based towards them. Lol
Re: I Never Want To Step Foot In Africa by MrsChima(f): 7:24pm On Apr 02, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

@jaybee
Of course they do, to a certain point.
Common sense would prevail here if you knew that you wouldn't be able to get a proper hospital to care for your lil ones (in case something happened) or unless you had lots of cash.
Anyway, in most cases, the love for the children exceed the one for the hubby so all decision will be based towards them. Lol

I guess people want others to dive blindly in the name of Love like it will protect them from harm or the unknown.
Re: I Never Want To Step Foot In Africa by Nobody: 7:25pm On Apr 02, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

@katy86
I understand fully what you mean regarding small children. As for the food, no worries, while he makes his dish, you can have your salads, Lol.

@Jaybee
Love?! Are you saying people should drop their common sense and maternal/paternal instinct because of love?!

grin  grin
Re: I Never Want To Step Foot In Africa by Nobody: 7:30pm On Apr 02, 2011
Even if there was no children, the for ME is greater than anything else. My ex that I loved dearly wanted us to go trekking in the jungle of Amazonia. I didn't stop her from going but, ME, I definitely aint going. Why would I follow someone's foolishness because of love? What's next? Let's go walking in the Serengeti. Nah I loved her for who she was and how open minded and adventurous she was but that's about it!
Jungle ko, rumble ni!!
Re: I Never Want To Step Foot In Africa by Nobody: 7:31pm On Apr 02, 2011
Na everybody dey put mouth anyhow for nigeria matter, thanks to our criminal elements who abound abroad.
Re: I Never Want To Step Foot In Africa by jaybee3(m): 7:32pm On Apr 02, 2011
@Q & Mzdarskin
You both are looking are looking at it from a bf/gf relationship whilst I'm looking at it from a husband/wife relationship. Loving someone involves wanting to go extra length to ensure the relationship works out.
Now, I'm not saying i would force someone to go to Africa if they had genuine reasons but petty reasons such as mosquito bite and the food oozes ignorance which frankly shouldn't be tolerated in ma opinion.

@Mzdarskin
I do get your point on not wanting to make the extra adjustment if the other party ain't willing to do same. Relationships that deserves working on shouldn't be a competition nor does it deserves to be one sided. We always have to strike the balance and if bending a little to achieve the best is what's required then please do so.
Remember that if you marry someone with a different culture, it's an advisable obligation for both parent to educate the children about each others culture so they can have the ever so important sense of belonging.
We blacks have strong roots that needs to be taught/instilled regardless. We have to be proud of who we are.

@MrbrownJay

How u been ma guy? been a while
Re: I Never Want To Step Foot In Africa by MrsChima(f): 7:34pm On Apr 02, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

Even if there was no children, the for ME is greater than anything else. My ex that I loved dearly wanted us to go trekking in the jungle of Amazonia. I didn't stop her from going but, ME, I definitely aint going. Why would I follow someone's foolishness because of love? What's next? Let's go walking in the Serengeti. Nah I loved her for who she was and how open minded and adventurous she was but that's about it!
Jungle ko, rumble ni!!

I hear you MBJ!  There are some places that I would never visit regardless if my husband want to go or not.  That on him!  I will call the funeral director in case he doesn't make it back.  

Hell, I can get hit by a car going to the mailbox and saved 9,000 USD!
Re: I Never Want To Step Foot In Africa by Nobody: 7:35pm On Apr 02, 2011
@jay
Yeah its been a while man, every good and you?
Re: I Never Want To Step Foot In Africa by NDelta(m): 7:35pm On Apr 02, 2011
@ Aminalib.
There's this black American guy that visited Nigeria many years back and my uncle took him straight to the village to greet his parents, the A.A guy was so disappointed and he said that he will never visit again. When they left the village for Abuja he was so impressed that he adjusted his return ticket. To cut the story short he just couldn't stop chasing the girls although he's married. Africa is poor but there are nice cities that anyone can live in comfortably. If your bf loves you he will certainly visit some day.
Re: I Never Want To Step Foot In Africa by jaybee3(m): 7:38pm On Apr 02, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

@jay
Yeah its been a while man, every good and you?
Not bad, just been staying under the radar
Re: I Never Want To Step Foot In Africa by MrsChima(f): 7:38pm On Apr 02, 2011
jay bee:

@Q & Mzdarskin
You both are looking are looking at it from a bf/gf relationship whilst I'm looking at it from a husband/wife relationship. Loving someone involves wanting to go extra length to ensure the relationship works out.
Now, I'm not saying i would force someone to go to Africa if they had genuine reasons but petty reasons such as mosquito bite and the food oozes ignorance which frankly shouldn't be tolerated in ma opinion.

@Mzdarskin
I do get your point on not wanting to make the extra adjustment if the other party ain't willing to do same. Relationships that deserves working on shouldn't be a competition nor does it deserves to be one sided. We always have to strike the balance and if bending a little to achieve the best is what's required then please do so.
Remember that if you marry someone with a different culture, it's an advisable obligation for both parent to educate the children about each others culture so they can have the ever so important sense of belonging.
We blacks have strong roots that needs to be taught/instilled regardless. We have to be proud of who we are.

@MrbrownJay

How u been ma guy? been a while

I am looking from a sane perspective.  My definition of "going the extra mile" for my husband would be to donate a kidney if it will save his life.  Being there for my husband when he is down and out.  Supporting my husband when he is trying to accomplish a personal or professional goal.  Things that matters and of importance will get an extra mile from me to my husband.  I am sure Mz. Darkskin will agree for herself.  

Going to another country or continent is not of importance therefore does not warrant an extra mile from me.
Re: I Never Want To Step Foot In Africa by Nobody: 7:41pm On Apr 02, 2011
Well Jaybee pretty much from my point of view (which I will clean up to avoid drama)
some of the things I have heard and read on this site alone has given me an opinion of
Nigeria that causes me to want to learn about it but from a distance. If I should marry an
Nigerian and we have children, my kids can visit when they are old enough and want to but
in the meantime with the mindset I have now, I don't want to. It's not that I am being spiteful
or what ever but I have no desire to based on YES what I heard and how I am treated.

As far as the food, I will cook for my husband but we would be eating separate dishes.
He may have his Egusi soup while I enjoy my plate of curried goat. We would both be happy.
I dont have a problem compromising but I won't be forced if I am not ready or wanting to.

I am looking from a sane perspective.
grin  grin this is why I love Chima! Girl you should join a debate team!  grin
and yes I do agree with you.  wink My decision to not visit Nigeria or any other country
if I decide not to does not mean I do not care for my partner.

Re: I Never Want To Step Foot In Africa by Tosinville(m): 7:50pm On Apr 02, 2011
Una nyansh o! al of una wey dey date naija guys still dey condemn mi kontri 4 here, una fine reach me even though i stay 9ja 24/7.

@Poster
Condition is behind your own love, if a man truly loves you, coming down to africa to see your country & ppl won't be a big deal for him, he'll even to pretend to eat your african meal with u even tho he doesn't like it thats love for u.
Re: I Never Want To Step Foot In Africa by Nobody: 7:54pm On Apr 02, 2011
Tosinville:

Una nyansh o! al of una wey dey date naija guys still dey condemn mi kontri 4 here, una fine reach me even though i stay 9ja 24/7.

@Poster
Condition is behind your own love, if a man truly loves you, coming down to africa to see your country & ppl won't be a big deal for him, he'll even to pretend to eat your african meal with u even tho he doesn't like it thats love for u.

mschew.
Re: I Never Want To Step Foot In Africa by Nobody: 7:59pm On Apr 02, 2011
@jaybee
What have you done to Mrs Chima? Your name seems to be all over her earlier post. It looks like a clear case of "good dikcing withdrawal". What's going on?!

@mrs Chima
I am just stating a fact oh, not looking for trouble! Lol
Re: I Never Want To Step Foot In Africa by Tosinville(m): 7:59pm On Apr 02, 2011
MzD
You can hiss one more time cos thats your own cup of problem?lol

You'll have seperate dish with your husband if you end up marriage a nigerian guy? mtcheeew!! the nigerian guy haven't seen wife yet.
Re: I Never Want To Step Foot In Africa by jaybee3(m): 8:01pm On Apr 02, 2011
:-x
Re: I Never Want To Step Foot In Africa by MrsChima(f): 8:03pm On Apr 02, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

@jaybee
What have you done to Mrs Chima? Your name seems to be all over her earlier post. It looks like a clear case of "good dikcing withdrawal". What's going on?!

@mrs Chima
I am just stating a fact oh, not looking for trouble! Lol

LMAO@ MBJ!  You ain't slick.   grin grin

In order for me to be suffering from "Good Dicking Withdrawal", I would first have to been bleeped by Jaybee and it has to be good.  Ya feel me?
Re: I Never Want To Step Foot In Africa by MrsChima(f): 8:04pm On Apr 02, 2011
jay bee:

:-x

Yeah, that what you betta do.
Re: I Never Want To Step Foot In Africa by jaybee3(m): 8:05pm On Apr 02, 2011
loooooool wink
Re: I Never Want To Step Foot In Africa by Nobody: 8:07pm On Apr 02, 2011
@mrs Chima
Maybe it was "mental sex", you seem to sing praises about it. No need for you guys to meet. Isn't it?
Re: I Never Want To Step Foot In Africa by Tosinville(m): 8:10pm On Apr 02, 2011
Sincerely, we nigerian guys needs to reason before hooking up with any kind of foreign girlz for marriage just because of silly worldly things we wanna gain from them, not matter what you'll end up marrying your nigerian lady for so many MAJOR REASONS even tho u have a wife abroad.
Re: I Never Want To Step Foot In Africa by tunnytox(m): 8:13pm On Apr 02, 2011
Those who don't want to come to Nigeria can stay wherever they are I'm very sure they won't be missed.
Re: I Never Want To Step Foot In Africa by MrsChima(f): 8:15pm On Apr 02, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

@mrs Chima
Maybe it was "mental sex", you seem to sing praises about it. No need for you guys to meet. Isn't it?

Is that why I have an urge to smoke a cigarette? I was getting nervous because I thought I was losing my mind.

Mental sex is a mofo!
Re: I Never Want To Step Foot In Africa by MrsChima(f): 8:16pm On Apr 02, 2011
Tosinville:

Sincerely, we nigerian guys needs to reason before hooking up with any kind of foreign girlz for marriage just because of silly worldly things we wanna gain from them, not matter what you'll end up marrying your nigerian lady for so many MAJOR REASONS even tho u have a wife abroad.

I pity a chick that wants to be second best or a sideline ho.
Re: I Never Want To Step Foot In Africa by Thirst4Lif: 8:20pm On Apr 02, 2011
Whenever anything is reported via news stations or news papers in regards to Nigeria or Africa only the most depressed

regions are shown.  Your boyfriend probably feels this represents the entire continent. Therefore, it would be easy to

understand how someone would feel as  he does. Plus it is reported Africa has the highest number of H.I.V. cases in

the world. Not very appealing if that's all that's been shown to you about Africa.
Re: I Never Want To Step Foot In Africa by Tosinville(m): 8:35pm On Apr 02, 2011
Moreso, i see no reason why someone i called my own wife will have seperate dishes with me? can't visit my own country nigeria? is that one a wife or a part time-lover pretend to be a wifey? thats death b4 dishonor for me

@foreigner girls
Nigerian food is simply the best most especially calabar soup **lIcking ma tongue**

How can i wake up having, cheese, pizza, burger etc for food? is that food for goodness sake? fcukk those shitts u girls called food over there that makes 72% of yall fat unnecessarily lol
Re: I Never Want To Step Foot In Africa by Nobody: 8:42pm On Apr 02, 2011
Tosin you have yet to GET A GF much less talk about wife.  tongue

If I want to make separate meals so he and I are both happy
that is my business.

btw I am Jamaican and I eat cooked meals I am not dependent on burgers
and fast food alone.
Re: I Never Want To Step Foot In Africa by Tosinville(m): 8:52pm On Apr 02, 2011
MzD
If i can get a gf then u can get me one then, do i look like who can't get a girl chasing these nl girls?Crapz!!!

Lets forget about d meal, u also said u can't visit his country & u will be expecting him to visit your jamaica someday to know where u from & ur ppl, aight?
Re: I Never Want To Step Foot In Africa by Nobody: 8:58pm On Apr 02, 2011
I wouldn't EXPECT him to visit Jamaica. I would go and if he chooses not to
it would suck but it wouldn't stop me from visiting my family. Should he decide to go to Jamaica
he would have the luxury of knowing just being African alone, he will be treated very well and
people would be VERY courteous to him smiley esp. my family who is all about our African roots.
So on his end he is good but if he decides he is not interested in Jamaica who am I to force him?
If he loves me for me that is enough, he doesn't have to travel to JA to prove it.
Re: I Never Want To Step Foot In Africa by Tosinville(m): 9:23pm On Apr 02, 2011
Talking like a lost black woman well since you were conceived there so i don't need to blame u in anyway but put the blame on the white folks from forcing many black ppl out of here to where you at today. Real african women who was born & raise a lil here before moving abroad can never forget where she comes from & her homeland will always be on her mind whenever she finds her dream man for some of her fam to see who she's getting married to so you don't need to use d way u reason in comparison with the poster so i support her in everyway. Shekinah!!
Re: I Never Want To Step Foot In Africa by Nobody: 9:39pm On Apr 02, 2011
Tosinville:

Talking like a lost black woman well since you were conceived there so i don't need to blame u in anyway but put the blame on the white folks from forcing many black ppl out of here to where you at today. Real african women who was born & raise a lil here before moving abroad can never forget where she comes from & her homeland will always be on her mind whenever she finds her dream man for some of her fam to see who she's getting married to so you don't need to use d way u reason in comparison with the poster so i support her in everyway. Shekinah!!   

well number one I am not a(n) 'real' African woman. I am Jamaican American and slavery is the reason I am here but has nothing to do with my views. Furthermore the majority of my family is here in the states so he can see them at any time. I am not saying I would NEVER
go to Nigeria (I plan to visit various African countries) however it is not a priority for me. it may sound ignorant but I would go to Jamaica at the
drop of a dime because I am familiar with it and know what to expect, plus I have 'blood' ties there. my point is not to start a 'us versus them' war but to explain that there are reasons why some ppl refuse to travel to certain places and for them it is reason enough so why force the issue? if you moved to the states or europe or canada and you meet a girl who does almost everything for you and showers you with love but she refuses to go to Nigeria are you going to tell me that you would consider leaving her or making it a big deal?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Leaked:teenage Boy Exposes Sugar Mummy On Social Media [SEE PHOTOS / Cynthia Morgan Exposes Her Big Bobbis in New Pictures (Viewers Discretion) / WARNING!!! Don't Do Any Of These After 9:PM today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.