Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,754 members, 7,817,085 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

Unrequited - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Unrequited (137086 Views)

Unrequited Love / Unrequited - Beta Draft (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unrequited by hotswagg12: 8:20pm On Jun 21, 2021
Thanks for the update moura. You are doing a good job.
Re: Unrequited by jyrre(m): 8:45pm On Jun 21, 2021
Nice update
Re: Unrequited by Herbiedeen(m): 12:31am On Jun 23, 2021
Oya na
Re: Unrequited by Herbiedeen(m): 12:32am On Jun 23, 2021
[quote author=Ann2012 post=102860664][/quote]she yaff land
Re: Unrequited by Herbiedeen(m): 12:33am On Jun 23, 2021
mhizv:

Lol thanks!
ya wehcum oh
Re: Unrequited by Herbiedeen(m): 12:34am On Jun 23, 2021
Adeola25:
I just read the first chapter, and its interesting. Thanks for the invite Mr concubine. Lolz
yah wehcum, mrs concubine
Re: Unrequited by Moura7(m): 9:16am On Jun 24, 2021
Make una no vex abeg....still caught in sch stuff. Would update when I have time. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Unrequited by Ann2012(f): 9:14pm On Jun 24, 2021
Moura7:
Make una no vex abeg....still caught in sch stuff. Would update when I have time. Thanks

No problem OP
Re: Unrequited by nastynic(m): 6:12pm On Jun 25, 2021
I love this �
Re: Unrequited by Moura7(m): 1:36pm On Jul 20, 2021
Guys make una no vex o....been caught up in final exams since. Would be done by next week tho and then I'd back fully.

1 Like

Re: Unrequited by Nuel45(m): 12:07pm On Jul 26, 2021
Abeg try drop one today
Re: Unrequited by silverlinen(m): 10:24pm On Jul 30, 2021
Moura7
Wish you success oo
Me just dey hang boot recently for uni matter
The journey no easy...swears
On that note, we dey wait for you
But i for like sign for your shirt oo
Re: Unrequited by Moura7(m): 7:38pm On Sep 14, 2021

KK

I opened my heavy eyes for what seemed to be the thousandth time in this boring Financial statistics class. The class for only for two hours but it felt like the professor had been talking for two days nonstop. I sat up and pretended to be jotting down something when it seemed like the man was coming towards my direction, getting a few giggles from the girls beside me who obviously knew it was all BS.

"So...who can tell us what risk management is and how it pertains to cost benefit analysis?", the professor said as he continued walking towards my row. He adjusted his glasses as he asked again and somehow our eyes met and I just had a bad feeling about that eye contact. I knew sh*t was getting real when I looked around and no hands were up indicating an answer. I chucked down whatever embarrassment I felt when the girls beside me giggled and decided to ask them if they knew the answer, but before one of them could start talking, the prof had already pointed at someone to answer......and it was me.

'Great..kill me now', I thought to myself as I slowly stood up.

"Yes, please tell us about risk management and how it's related to cost benefit analysis ", Prof asked again and now asked the class to be quiet so they could all hear my answer.

"Uhm...uh....risk management can be seen as ..uh...it means..", I stuttered as my blank brain tried to come up with something.

" Uh uh uh...what? Young man answer my question fast!", the prof snapped and whatever fear or uneasiness I felt earlier just disappeared.  I hated it when I was snapped or shouted at.

"No idea sir", I answered nonchalantly.

"Ofcourse", he said mockingly.  "Just a look at you and I knew you were a lost cause. I even wonder how this school admits students these days. I'm sure your parents must be proud", He continued.

"With all due respect Sir, keep my parents off that mouth of yours", I said coldly, my patience just hanging on the last thread of respect I had for his age and office.

"Or what?", he said as he took a step closer to me, an amused expression on his face daring me to do my worst.
The thing is I couldn't actually do anything, at least not physically though as that could mean me kissing my scholarship and college education goodbye because being blacklisted by Regal was just like trying to get a job with a felony record.

" Don't test me old man, unless you want me spilling juice about situationship with Timi ", I whispered as he got closer and I saw his face go cold. Now the thing is I wasn't a  tad bit sure about a thing I said. Shade in her tatafooness had once said something about Prof Yomi batting for the other team and that he was involved with Timi, one of the star students who acted more feminine than masculine. She said she got the gist from a close friend of Timi's and all that but I didn't give it much thought as it wasn't really my business but right now I was passed reasonable thinking and just blurted the first thing that came to my mind without caring if it was true or not, but judging from how shell shocked Prof Yomi was looking, I guess I had struck gold. Sensing his uneasiness, I leaned more to whisper to him.

"I wonder how you're going to manage the risk of this getting out for all to hear. Maybe I should just spill it now so I'd have  a practical understanding of what risk management actually entails", I said as I stood straight, clearing my throat like someone about to give the pitch of his life to Google or Amazon.

"Uh...that wouldn't be necessary now Sir", Prof began and I smiled at the 'sir'.

"Uhmm....I'm sorry for calling your parents. It was uncalled for on my part," he apologised loudly so everyone could hear and I raised an eyebrow. I wasn't expecting that.

"That would be all for now. See you next class", he said and just left leaving most of class stunned, in a positive way though cause nobody wanted more of the boring lecture.

"Waoh G, what happened between you too?", a guy I knew to be named Kelvin asked me after Prof left and I just shrugged indifferently in response as I stuffed my book and notebook in my backpack, ready to leave. As I walked out,  I felt the stares on me and the murmurs but as usual with my mood today, I didn't care as I breezed out of the class only to be drawn back by someone.  I turned  around to see who held me back only to see Dayo with an angry expression on his face and Nonye with an even worse expression on her face and I just knew that my day that I thought was done was only just beginning.

"Hey guys", I began with a smile as I waved awkwardly at them but their expression still remained the same and this was gonna be hard.

"You know I was just about to call you guys now and puff..you guys are already here. That's...that's...."

"Oh just shut it", Nonye spat out cutting me short. "You know what, I'm outta here D...I can't stand him", she said again and my barely together heart shattered again. I looked away to hide hurt I felt as Dayo tried to stop Nonye from walking off.

"Cmon..babe...I mean Nonye", Dayo began but corrected himself immediately as he took a glance at me to see if I caught on and I feigned ignorance as they were yet to know that I already about their relationship.

" Don't be like this, at least let's give him a chance to explain himself. The good thing is that he's here now and safe", Dayo continued and that seemed to get Nonye calm a bit.

"Cmon man, let's go somewhere we can talk", Dayo said he lead Nonye out of the hallway.

"So, let's hear it", Nonye spoke as soon as we settled in at Peaches, our favourite and the most popular cafe in campus.

"Well, first off I'm really sorry for going all AWOL on you guys", I said as I twirled my glass of milkshake.

" I was needed a break from everything and everyone for a while and I know it sounds selfish but that was exactly what I needed. I should have at least let you guys know I was fine and okay and I'm sorry about that", I said looking to see their reactions.

"Hmm", Dayo sighed and then smiled at me.

"Its all good bro, you should've let us know though but it's all good now. Hope you got whatever it is you were looking for sha", he said as he stretched his hand to shake me.
That was Dayo, cool, easygoing and always quick to forget an issue and it was little wonder why he was just loved by everybody, myself inclusive.
Nonye on the other hand, was still spotting an indifferent expression on her face. She was that mad at me.

"Nonye", I called softly and as expected she didn't answer but at least she turned to look at me and as usual my heart stopped momentarily as those enchanting eyes caught mine. Even when angry, those eyes still held me spellbound, the feeling never got old.

"Still not talking to me? I already apologised now. Please say something ", I pleaded softly.  My experience with Nonye was the classic definition of when someone had your mumu button. I knew I seemed pathetic but somehow, I just didn't care .

"I've heard you", she muttered and I smiled.

"Just..just don't ever do that to me again", she said softly. "You don't how scared I was. I...thought.. I thought something happened to you", she fought to say as she tried to keep the son out of her voice. Acts like these were what kept leading me on, making me feel like maybe we could be something...something more than friends.

"So now that's out of the way, we've got something we'd like to tell you", Nonye said gleefully and the almost pitiful look Dayo had on when he looked at me gave me more than enough hint on what they wanted to tell me.

'Oh boy', I thought as I sank back into my seat, my once sweet milkshake suddenly turned bitter in my mouth.......TBC.

I'M BACK!!!!!

Not too thrilling chapter I know, just wanted to put something up to relay my seriousness now. Things haven't been great lately, heck even lost my phone sef but it's all good.

13 Likes

Re: Unrequited by xaviercasmir(m): 8:26pm On Sep 14, 2021
welcome back bro
Re: Unrequited by Sochee123: 8:28pm On Sep 14, 2021
Welcome back dear. We have missed you
Re: Unrequited by nastynic(m): 11:27pm On Sep 14, 2021
Welcome back man
I missed this thrilling piece of yours
Re: Unrequited by Nuel45(m): 12:42pm On Sep 16, 2021
Welcome back .....when we dey see another update
Re: Unrequited by Moura7(m): 1:10pm On Sep 16, 2021
Nuel45:
Welcome back .....when we dey see another update

Thanks man....new update tonight.
Socheee123 nastynic xaviercasmir thanks alot guys, really appreciate

1 Like

Re: Unrequited by efeteb: 3:24pm On Sep 16, 2021
Captivating storyline. Standing by for more
Re: Unrequited by mokoh(m): 10:13pm On Sep 16, 2021
Moura7:

Thanks man....new update tonight.
Socheee123 nastynic xaviercasmir thanks alot guys, really appreciate

I don refresh tire abeg help us tonight
Re: Unrequited by Moura7(m): 11:58pm On Sep 16, 2021

" So uhmm...here goes nothing", Nonye began while she drummed her fingers on the table for dramatic effect.

"WE'RE TOGETHER!!",  she said gleefully holding up their intertwined hands.

"Oh..uhm...wow..that's good", I stuttered trying to come off as happy for them while trying to avoid Dayo's gaze. Last thing I needed was to seen as pitiful by him or anyone else.

" I know right", Nonye said estatically and pecked Dayo on the cheek and I knew I needed to leave there if I didn't want to develop heart problems.

"See, I told you K would be cool with it", Nonye said to Dayo who faked a smile at her.

"You see, D here, said we should keep our relationship a secret for a while with the claim that it would make things awkward.. especially with you....crazy right?", she continued.
"And I was like cmon D, its KK we're talking about here. K that's being friends with us since we were kids, so I don't see what's wrong. There's absolutely no reason why he'd oppose our relationship...or is there?", she asked now turning to look at me but I was sat there dazed not listening to a word she was saying.

"K"!, Nonye called as she hit me, bringing me back to the present.

"Huh?", I asked. " I'm sorry, what?"

" what's up, you've been acting kinda weird since, wait....Oh My God, are you really affected by our news? You don't like it?", she asked with a horrified look on her face.
I knew I had to control the whole situation before it got out of hand but a part of me - sick part of me- just wanted to answer her in the affirmative and damn the consequences.

'Yes Nonye, I oppose this relationship because you should with me and not him. I've been the one in love with you since  when we first met in middle school and not him ', I thought to myself but my mouth said another thing.

"What?...No no ofcourse not. I'm really happy for you guys. As long as you guys are happy, then I'm happy", I lied with a smile.
'Of course I'm not happy Nonye, you're killing me with this ridiculousness, can't you see' , my heart cried.

"Awwwww K", she cooed. " You gon make me cry now.  You're such a good friend and I love you so much for that. Hey, I promise nothing's gon change among us. We're going to have each other....well some more than others but I'm sure you understand, right?", she asked smiling as she reached out to hold my hand while also holding Dayo's hand depicting the perfect trio friendship picture. I smiled in response but I knew what she meant, things weren't going to be exactly as they were before. I was going to be the third wheel in our trio but it was okay as long as I still got spend time with her and talk with her. Yes I know, I'm pathetic but the heart wants what it wants I guess.

" Need to use the restroom for a bit", Nonye said as she picked her bag and stood up.

"Oh ok babe", Dayo said as she bent a little and placed a peck on his lips while I looked away, beginning to really reconsider my stance of still being a part of the trio. Sticking around meant me being around lots and lots of PDA between the two of them and that's just not good for my heart but the same heart can't just seem to let go of her. Really weird heart I've got here.

" Don't touch my fries babe. K watch over them for me yh?", she said as she walked off, leaving Dayo and I in the wake of the thickest blanket of silence.

" Hey man, I--"

"Its all good bro", I said cutting him off as I already knew what he was going to say.

" Sure? Hey I swear, I didn't go after her. You know I wouldn't do that to you. She- she just asked me out suddenly man and I just couldn't say no to her. You know Nonye doesn't really take rejections well, remember what happened the last time", he pleaded. I closed my eyes and rubbed my face agreeing that he has a strong point going for him. Nonye doesn't really handle rejections well. What Dayo meant by the last time  was an incidence that happened when we were younger . We were about 11 or 12 years old then, Nonye's parents were to travel to receive an award and Nonye pleaded to tag along but it was on a school night so her parents refused. What seemed to be a harmless rejection Nonye slitting her wrists with a razor blade just to prove a point. Save for the maid that found her on time, she might over bled and died there in her bathtub.

"I understand man, beside I never had a chance with her at all. It's you she likes, me, she just sees me as a friend or brother even", I said with a sigh. I wasn't lying, there wasn't any need feeling angry at Dayo when it wasn't his fault that she fancied him .

"Cmon bro, don't be too hard on yourself. Its just that..well I'm  me", he joked and I chuckled.

" Hey guys", Shade said and crashed herself beside as she took a fry from my plate without asking for permission.

"Hey you", I greeted.

"Hey lil sis", Dayo said and Shade rolled her eyes. He knew how much she hated the "lil sis" but he just continued regardless.

"Sooo...", She said as she turned to me.

"How was your night with Mia?", Shade asked brazenly with a knowing look in her eyes and I just shook my head at Shade.

"POOOOOFFF", Dayo spilled his drink out of his mouth immediately he heard his sister's question.

"What...you did what?", Nonye asked gingerly as she walked back to our table to sit beside Dayo and I just covered my face in frustration, mostly at Shade and her big mouth.

I guess here's the time where I reveal that Dayo has been in love, obsessed or infatuated (I don't know) with Mia since like forever and that Nonye likes Mia just as much as water likes oil and we still don't know the reason till today.
And just like that my day got even much better than it already was.......TBC

6 Likes

Re: Unrequited by abubakarbabang7(m): 9:15am On Sep 17, 2021
Bros come continue abeg oo
Re: Unrequited by efeteb: 9:19am On Sep 17, 2021
Thanks, you are doing well
Re: Unrequited by Nuel45(m): 2:00pm On Sep 17, 2021
Thanks man....buh e short sha
Re: Unrequited by Moura7(m): 4:30pm On Sep 18, 2021
abubakarbabang7:
Bros come continue abeg oo

Thanks....new update tomorrow evening

1 Like

Re: Unrequited by doctorexcel: 8:09pm On Sep 18, 2021
Moura7:

Weldone man. Good to have you back
Re: Unrequited by mokoh(m): 9:32pm On Sep 18, 2021
Moura7:

Thanks in advance
Re: Unrequited by bigbauer(m): 5:21pm On Sep 20, 2021
Moura7:

Please o, 2 tomorrows have gone o. Hope it's not that type of tomorrow that they told us in about in school? They told us children are the leaders of tomorrow, yet those that led when I was in Nursery school are still leading the country, we've been waiting for the tomorrow where we'll lead since then. Abeg, Sama us better updates

1 Like

Re: Unrequited by Moura7(m): 7:51pm On Sep 20, 2021

"Wait..what? Mia?..which Mia?", Dayo asked after having a coughing fit. I relaxed back in my seat and sighed already feeling exhausted from the explanation I was sure to give. I looked in annoyance to Shade who responded with a nonchalant shrug and continued eating my fries.

"Yeah K...which Mia did you spend the night with?", Nonye asked too.

"Who else is named Mia in this school if not Mia Rotimi?", Shade more like stated than asked as she rolled her eyes.

"Wow", Dayo exclaimed softly with a dazed expression.

"I can't believe this, matter of fact, I can't believe you K. First, you disappear on us out or the blues  and now you're shagging Mia too?", Nonye fumed and I just lost it.

"Can you just shut  the hell up?", I half yelled and they all jumped back surprised.
"You didn't even let me talk before yall that jumping to conclusions".

"Well, I was there and....", Shade began but I put up a finger cutting her short. She's done enough damage with her uncontrollable, unfiltered big mouth.

" So what if I left with Mia, what's the taboo in that?", I asked to which no one responded.
"Just because you've got beef with her doesn't mean I need to inherit it too ", I said turning to Nonye and she looked away.
With how tensed the atmosphere felt at that moment and how off I was feeling, I knew I had to leave before we said things to each other that we'd regret later.

"I'm outta here guys. I've got work", I said standing up.

"Cmon dude, it hasn't gotten to that", Dayo spoke up.

"Calm down a bit na", Shade joined but even if I considered staying, it wasn't going to be with her still here.

"No it's all good...I'm not angry or anything it's just that I really need to go prepare for work. See you guys later, bye Nonye", I said as I picked up my backpack and walked out. As I walked to where I parked, I couldn't help but wonder why I flared up like that earlier even to the point of defending Mia that I barely knew to Nonye.
Even I have to agree that I was a bit overboard with my reaction which I now know had something to do with their big news and Shade's big mouth. Somehow I just I didn't want anyone--I mean Nonye-- to think I had something going on with Mia especially if her relationship with Dayo doesn't work, would want her to know I'm still available for her.

"Geez", I muttered realising how pathetic I seemed right now. I wish the heart had a turn off switch for such cases of unrequited love like mine.

The drive to work helped me get my mind of what happened earlier and I don't say this because I like my job or something. It's just that driving or even strolling helps clear my mind and relaxes my nerves plus Wizkid's True love bumping through my speakers was just what the doctor ordered for me. My short time of bliss came to an end as I ease into the employee parking lot of my workplace.

I worked as a waiter at Peace of Mind, top notch lounge near the college where all the overly rich kids, celebrities and some occasions, politicians who wanted a hive for thier other activities, hung out. The lounge had state of the art everything, from service to the lightings to the food to the drinks, everything about it spoke class.
Peace of Mind is a shrine to all things agave. Its collection of over 180 hand-crafted spirits includes tequila, mezcal, raicilla, sotol, bacanora, charanda and a variety of pechuga mezcal, from turkey breast to lamb leg distilled. PM is also the winner of the Nikka Highest Climber 2020, after a meteoric rise from 249th in 2019 to 70th place in this year’s ranking.
The job has its perks  as the pay isn't all that bad, atleast it helped me depend less on my gramps  financially plus the free food too but just like everything, it also has it's own downsides. As a waiter, I have to put up with overly pampered dumb kids who would not miss the slightest chance to hurl insults among other things at you if the littlest of mistakes occurred. I've been called names, very pretty disturbing names one would be amazed at how these dumb kids could be so creative at insults, I've also been poured hot sauce, champagne and my own personal worst of all time, okoro soup.

"Ah K my man, when you come back na?", Osas one of the waiters I was friendly with hailed as I entered the kitchen through the back door for employees.

"Omo na last week o", I replied going to the locker room to change up.

"Ok o, welcome. I dey come make I go make these orders", he said and went off.

"Oh good you're back Mr Kalu. Change up quick, we are quite understaffed at the moment and we've got a whole lot of orders to tend to so chop chop", Mr Walter said while I rolled my eyes. I wasn't even back for up to ten seconds and he already on my a**. There was this unspoken dislike between Mr Walter and I ever since I got here and I can say it's all from him, I'm just reciprocating the same energy. Rumours were that he hated that the owner went over his head to employ me without his consent as manager. Maybe he thought I knew the owner or something and as a result my employment on based on connections and not merit. If the rumours are true then he's even dumber than I thought, like if I knew the owner of PM would I be a waiter? My employment here was kinda strange though, I never applied for the job at all. I just came one day to find the job sticker attached with a letter of recommendation on my windshield. At first, I thought it was Dayo or Nonye but they both said they had nothing to do with it. I also asked my gramps if they maybe talked to someone about me or even Mrs Michaels but they all replied in the negative.

"Ok boss", I replied dryly as I finished hearing up in my uniform.

"Hey K, plate of Turkey with cranberry sauce, sticky toffee pudding and chicken n cheese salad for table 6 VIP lounge", Chef Chioma said handing a me tray containing the dishes.

"Oh ok", I said taking the tray from her, adjusted my bow tie one more time before taking a deep breath and then walking off to deliver the order praying the customers were the few sane ones because I wouldn't want start off being soiled with hot cranberry sauce this early evening.
Somehow it seemed like all forces were working against me today as I reached nearer to discover  my customers were none other than my useless snobby cousins, Rex and Cynthia( from my mum's side) who treated me like an outcast--which was true sha, afterall my mum was disowned-- and always took the chance to humiliate me, but that wasn't what got me tensed up seeing I was already used to their taunts. What got me tensed was that seated amongst them on their table was Mia and her friends......TBC

7 Likes

Re: Unrequited by Moura7(m): 7:52pm On Sep 20, 2021
bigbauer:

Please o, 2 tomorrows have gone o. Hope it's not that type of tomorrow that they told us in about in school? They told us children are the leaders of tomorrow, yet those that led when I was in Nursery school are still leading the country, we've been waiting for the tomorrow where we'll lead since then. Abeg, Sama us better updates

Lol no vex bossman... my g doctorexcel and mokoh new update. Pls manage this one for today.
Re: Unrequited by mokoh(m): 8:04pm On Sep 20, 2021
Thanks man
Re: Unrequited by Nobody: 8:50pm On Sep 20, 2021
I just found this story yesterday and I have been reading it since. great piece of work
more ink to your pen

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply)

I See Things Others Do Not See... / In Memory Only (Romance) / Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.