Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

Unrequited - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Unrequited (137080 Views)

Unrequited Love / Unrequited - Beta Draft (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unrequited by juninhouj: 11:50pm On Oct 26, 2021
Pls don't keep us hanging for too long..... And by the way, lovely update grin
Re: Unrequited by Investorrtbankz(m): 3:42am On Oct 27, 2021
Baba nor Dey do like this na

Put us for high suspense, when are we having new update
Re: Unrequited by Carterj007(m): 4:09am On Oct 27, 2021
Thank you for this nice story. I just stumbled upon it now, and I love every part of the story so far. More ink to your pen.
Re: Unrequited by jullyrosy(f): 6:52am On Oct 27, 2021
Lovely story moura
Please update oooo
Re: Unrequited by hotswagg12: 10:08am On Oct 27, 2021
Thanks for the update but the suspense is too much.
Re: Unrequited by rayvelez(m): 10:13am On Oct 27, 2021
This guy is too good and the story is so much captivating wish it’s completed already I don follow back.
Re: Unrequited by jullyrosy(f): 12:44pm On Oct 27, 2021
Moura where's d next update na?
Re: Unrequited by enirock(m): 1:34am On Oct 28, 2021
Your use of suspense... I enjoyed the updates. Please if possible, do make them more frequent.
Re: Unrequited by Odoogu(m): 1:57pm On Oct 28, 2021
Badt badt badt....

On so much point.

Many junctions and turns.

Just want to read this through.
Moura7, stay woke!
Re: Unrequited by Moura7(m): 5:01pm On Oct 28, 2021

Kk

As usual, I woke up with thoughts of skipping class but the reality of failing due to lack of my already thin attendance this semester prompted me out of bed this early morning. Personally, I felt its lecturers without social lives that fix lectures as early as 7a.m .

'Ha! You're one to talk', my annoying subconscious said to me.

Lately though, I didn't even know if it was still necessary as scenes from Dayo's last visit here flashed through my mind's eye.
What's the use of being diligent in attending lectures if my scholarship could be cut off at any moment from now.

'You still got a shot at school sha', the voice in my head said to me. 'That is if you can help Dayo with Mia'

"Sh*t", I muttered as I brushed my teeth. How did my simple turn into this complicated mess. This shouldn't be hard at all. All I have to do is just to get Mia to talk to me again and from there, paint D as The Son of God himself and then all would cool and great, right? Then why do I have this feeling now....this...I feel kinda possessive over her now. It's like I don't want to share her attention with anyone, much less Dayo. I don't  understand it..I don't even understand myself and what I want anymore. But there's one thing I'm sure I want at this moment....I want to see Mia and I don't know why. Thing is, the night when she was crying, I saw a new side to her. A side I'm sure no one else has seen before. It felt like it was a revelation to me. My personal revelation of who she really is.
Last I heard or saw of her was the other day at my place where I was a complete douche to her. She's not been in school since too cause she's been absent in the few classes we share. I needed to apologise to her and maybe we can be friends again or whatever we were before.

I didn't have her number to call or text although I contemplated asking around for it but I didn't want to come off as desperate or anything extreme. I did get her IG handle though and even dropped her a message but a girl like her probably had thousands of unread messages and so as expected, I got no reply. Not sure she's even seen it. I also had her address but I felt it'd be weird just showing up at her home like that unannounced. But that changed when I saw her in class this morning looking all sweet and beautiful.

"Sweet and beautiful? Geez! I swear I'm losing it", I muttered to myself while the lecture was going on. I didn't notice Mia's features since cause I don't know..I wasn't feeling this way then.
Now Mia isn't just fine, she's extremely beautiful with her very light skinned complexion always glowing. Her pair of perfectly arched eyebrows looked down on sweeping eyelashes, the kind of one that held you spellbound with just a blink. Her delicate ears framed a button nose. She had a decanter shaped waist and midnight black full hair flowed over her shoulders but today she had it packed beating, releasing strands that adorned each side of her face. Don't even get me started on those alluring full pink lips which gave way to angel white teeth when she talked or better still, smiled. Now Wizkid's Smile begins to make sense to me. It could jolt you like an electric current when that megawatt smile gave you  her full attention. It could--

'Damnn! Man Shakespeare's got nothing on you' , my annoying subconscious cut me out of my reverie and for the first time, I was glad the annoying thing had a mind of it's own. I was beginning to lose it. Yeah, maybe I felt something for Mia, it sure as heaven wasn't that type of feeling, no! I refuse it.

"Its more of pity or sympathy ", I said out in a whisper, in a bid to convince myself. Nonye was..no..is...Nonye is the only person these feelings are reserved for.
There and then, I made up my mind to go to Mia's place today, apologise and just get over it. I'm pretty sure my feelings of remorse to how I acted towards her last time got mixed up and considering the pressure I've been on lately, it's understandable.

"Yeah...that's it. I'd just get there, apologise and get out. That simple", I said and sighed in relief. Sometimes we tend to complicate stuff with overthinking everything.

Before I knew it, I was pulling into Mia's driveway, where I stopped in front of a gate that separated me from the edifice that was Mia's house. Damn! Money is good.

"Yes, how can I help you?", a voice buzzed through the intercom attached to the wall by the side of the gate. I panicked abit when I heard it as I was still lost admiring the house, I didn't see notice the intercom.

"Uh....good day", I cleared my throat. "I'm here to see Mia".

"She's not in. Did you inform her you were coming?", the voice asked flatly.

"Uh..yeah...I guess it slipped her mind"

"Well...like I said earlier, she's not in. Come back later"

"Wait..wait...I'd like to wait for her if that's ok?", I asked.

"No, it's not. Bye". The rude security guy spat out. Never liked security personnel, always unnecessarily power drunk.
A mini van pulled up behind me and a plump middle aged woman got down from the passenger door, approaching me.

"What's going on here?..Young man, who are you and who are looking for?", she asked.

"Good day Ma. I'm a friend of Mia's. We were supposed to meet here after school today. I'm having issues with some courses and she offered to tutor me. Guess she forgot", I lied. Well technically, it wasn't really a lie seeing as Mia actually agreed to tutor me if I kept her company that night at my place. Its just that wasn't the reason I was here.

"Oh..I'm so sorry. Have you tried calling her?", she asked concerned.

"Umm...was just about to. I just got here", I replied.

"Ok..why don't you call her from inside, that's if you're not in a hurry to leave".

"Sure ma'am ", I answered relieved.

"Ok. Charles open the gates", she said to the rude intercom guy.

There was a loud buzzing sound, and then the gate started to slowly swing open. I got back in my car and followed the circular driveway to the front of the house.

"Okay", the woman said as she got out of the van,  carrying grocery bags. "Let's go inside".

"Sure..let me help with that", I said relieving her of the bags she was carrying.

"What are you doing here?", she asked as she stared at me blankly and her tone void of any emotions.
Ok so maybe this isn't going to be as easy as I made it to be.

"You sure do know how to welcome a friend", I joked in a bid to lighten the atmosphere but she wasn't having any of it.

"Um...let's get something straight", she began. " We are not friends, never were and not a chance in the future. Look, you just happened to be there when I was at my lowest and I leaned on you. Don't get me wrong, I really appreciate it but that's just it...nothing more", she spat out but in a cool , calm and collected tone. Like it meant nothing at all.

"Wow...okay...um", I struggled for what to say. Nothing could describe how...how foolish and used I felt now. I mean what was I even thinking...that because she spent two nights at my place and we eat together and shared some moments, we'd become friends? That the vast ocean like gap of class would just disappear like that?
Still, a part of me felt she didn't mean all she just said. The part of the me that's been running wild with thoughts of her all day. I don't know, can't explain it but that part me just yearning to understand her, to believe in that side of her I saw that night she was crying.

"I probably deserve all that", I nodded calmly. "And that's why I'm here now. Look I acted like a jerk the last time and I'm really sorry about that. I-".

"You don't owe me any explanation and besides, I don't care so.....I'd like it if you just leave now", she said coldly without even looking at me.

"Mia! That's not nice", the woman, who I'm sure had been eavesdropping, said as she came in.

"Please stay out of this Joy and just stick to stuff you're paid to do", Mia shot out and I was shocked at how rude she was to the poor woman.

"Uhmm...I'm so sorry Ma. It's fine, I'll just take my leave", I apologised to the woman.

"Its ok", the woman smiled. "I'm used to her antics. It doesn't affect me because I know she's actually a very good person and this whole rude and arrogant persona is just a front to scare people away. Please don't take all she said to heart. Mia, you don't have to go down this road all the time, it's human to have feelings, to feel hurt. Stop keeping these walls around you all the time".

"Oh great", Mia chuckled as she clapped her hands. "Now I'm taking advice from the maid. Can my life get any more pathetic?", she said as she stormed the stairs to her room. The woman just smiled sadly a d shook her head as Mia left and I felt sorry for her.

"Just give her time, ok? She'll come around. She just needs to calm down", she said to me and I nodded in affirmation.

"Why don't you have something to eat while you wait for her?", she asked and I got confused.

"Wait for her?", I asked and she smiled. This woman smiles a lot.

"Trust me, it'd better if you waited", she said and I reluctantly agreed, I didn't have a shift today so I had no serious engagements later.

I stayed for about an hour later when Mia descended down the stairs. How she still managed to look elegant dressed casually was a mystery....' and not a necessity now', I thought as I stood to face her.

"You're still here?", she paused, a little bit shocked.

"Yeah..I-"

"Whatever", she said dismissively as she began to walk out.

"Will you quit being a brat and just listen to me for a moment?", I spat out angrily, getting fed up of the whole situation.

"Make me", she said as she slipped into the garage and I followed close behind. She pressed a button mounted on the wall that opened up one of the large garage doors leading outside. She grabbed a key off the key rack and skipped over to a motorbike. A shiny Harley Davidson.

"Mia, what are you doing?", I asked, sounding exasperated. She ignored me and slid on her heels and then mounted the death trap.

"Well..you coming or not?", she asked as she looked at me with a bored expression and revved the engine..........TBC

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unrequited by Moura7(m): 5:02pm On Oct 28, 2021
Thanks for the comments guys....I appreciate. Please let me have your opinions on the story so far.

1 Like

Re: Unrequited by hotswagg12: 5:51pm On Oct 28, 2021
Moura7:
Thanks for the comments guys....I appreciate. Please let me have your opinions on the story so far.
You are doing great so far though the update doesn't come like expected but this story is epic. And thanks for the update.
Re: Unrequited by mokoh(m): 6:07pm On Oct 28, 2021
The story is awesome is there any way I could be ahead I will pay

1 Like

Re: Unrequited by OlufemiWhit(m): 6:53pm On Oct 28, 2021
mokoh:
The story is awesome is there any way I could be ahead I will pay
you spoke my mind
Re: Unrequited by jullyrosy(f): 9:27pm On Oct 28, 2021
Nice story moura but d updates are slow......
It's such a nice story
Re: Unrequited by mokoh(m): 9:31pm On Oct 28, 2021
jullyrosy:
Nice story moura but d updates are slow......
It's such a nice story

Hi
Re: Unrequited by dawno2008(m): 11:29pm On Oct 28, 2021
This a love triangle or should I call it"rectangle" situation,just hope kk is not about to shoot himself on the foot,

Nice update,but you need to work on the timing of the updates,late update kills the flow of any good story.
Keep it coming

1 Like

Re: Unrequited by Captaintitan(m): 12:05am On Oct 29, 2021
Omo ; moura you dey write die ; like you tapped and connected into every reader imagination ; abeg sha no dey make us thirst for updates for too long bro
Re: Unrequited by enirock(m): 1:20am On Oct 29, 2021
Kk don dey catch feelings and shared grief is beginning to build a bond. Thanks Moura we await more.

Ann2012, Herbedeen, Khiztarl, damselposh come and drink red wine and small chops.

1 Like

Re: Unrequited by Carterj007(m): 3:44am On Oct 29, 2021
Thanks man.
Re: Unrequited by efeteb: 6:22am On Oct 29, 2021
A very nice storyline.

Improving the frequency of updates will attract more persons to this page. Most people don't like reading evolving stories because they don't want to be left hanging. if your update is frequent, it more than compensates the waiting

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Unrequited by Ann2012(f): 7:06am On Oct 29, 2021
enirock:
Kk don dey catch feelings and shared grief is beginning to build a bond. Thanks Moura we await more.

Ann2012, Herbedeen, Khiztarl, damselposh come and drink red wine and small chops.
I really need the red wine pls
Re: Unrequited by juninhouj: 7:51am On Oct 29, 2021
Thanks for the update... We need more embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Unrequited by enirock(m): 11:26am On Oct 29, 2021
Ann2012:

I really need the red wine pls
It's good for the heart.

1 Like

Re: Unrequited by Herbiedeen(m): 3:27am On Oct 30, 2021
Kk wants nonye... nonye wants dayo... dayo wants mia... mia stylish wants Kk...
wahala be like bicycle oh
Re: Unrequited by jullyrosy(f): 6:22am On Oct 30, 2021
I don't think KK will still like nonye like b4 cos mia is beginning to get to him.
Re: Unrequited by Moura7(m): 8:13am On Oct 30, 2021
Thanks alot for all the comments....been on the road since yesterday and about to get back on the road this morning. Would try and update when I'm settled this evening or tomorrow.

3 Likes

Re: Unrequited by Elzak(m): 8:29am On Oct 30, 2021
Herbiedeen:
Kk wants nonye...
nonye wants dayo...
dayo wants mia...
mia stylish wants Kk...

Love rectangle
Re: Unrequited by jullyrosy(f): 9:00am On Oct 30, 2021
Herbiedeen:
Kk wants nonye...
nonye wants dayo...
dayo wants mia...
mia stylish wants Kk...

KK is trying to convince himself he still wants nonye since mia came into d pics...He likes mia now
Re: Unrequited by jullyrosy(f): 10:37am On Nov 03, 2021
What's happening moura?
Re: Unrequited by Moura7(m): 10:46am On Nov 03, 2021
My phone's screen shattered on Sunday night, a Samsung phone screen. Got a new one yesterday and it turns out it was fake. Can't even type up to 50 words without it acting up and typing on it's own. Its money I'm looking for now to get it fixed. Sorry guys

2 Likes

Re: Unrequited by Blackween(f): 7:58am On Nov 05, 2021
Moura7:
My phone's screen shattered on Sunday night, a Samsung phone screen. Got a new one yesterday and it turns out it was fake. Can't even type up to 50 words without it acting up and typing on it's own. Its money I'm looking for now to get it fixed. Sorry guys
Sorry about this

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply)

I See Things Others Do Not See... / In Memory Only (Romance) / Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.