Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,324 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:50 AM

Unrequited - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Unrequited (136889 Views)

Unrequited Love / Unrequited - Beta Draft (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unrequited by rayvelez(m): 11:23am On Oct 12, 2021
E be like sey I have to come back after u complete dis story cos it will take you almost 48months bfr u finish it just like ur previous story. Outta here

5 Likes

Re: Unrequited by Nuel45(m): 10:49am On Oct 13, 2021
Hope you dey alright boss
Re: Unrequited by Moura7(m): 1:17pm On Oct 13, 2021
Nuel45:
Hope you dey alright boss

I'm good man...thanks. Abeg no too vex o, I wan take my time well update as I've been advised.

3 Likes

Re: Unrequited by jullyrosy(f): 5:03pm On Oct 13, 2021
Moura7:

I'm good man...thanks. Abeg no too vex o, I wan take my time well update as I've been advised.

Take your time
Re: Unrequited by Investorrtbankz(m): 12:22pm On Oct 16, 2021
This is something about some writers, una book go dey go well, you’ve gathered audience all of a sudden you puff into the thin air

1 Like

Re: Unrequited by jyrre(m): 4:01pm On Oct 16, 2021
Boss try update today abeg....this is weekend�
Re: Unrequited by Moura7(m): 7:25pm On Oct 16, 2021
jyrre:
Boss try update today abeg....this is weekend�
Tomorrow evening....I promise.

1 Like

Re: Unrequited by mokoh(m): 8:08pm On Oct 16, 2021
Boss you for give us the small wen they now tomorrow u go complete am.we don too wait abeg
Re: Unrequited by Investorrtbankz(m): 1:28am On Oct 17, 2021
Become a professional forex trader with easy learning step and video and book to guide you for a sum $30, physical coaching is still available for nearby people
‎Open this link to join my WhatsApp Group: https:///EI1dKXxkzspDNDp63C0EGR
Re: Unrequited by jullyrosy(f): 4:55pm On Oct 17, 2021
@moura7 this is evening already ooh
Re: Unrequited by Moura7(m): 8:12pm On Oct 17, 2021

Kk

"What's going on here"? Nonye asked after regaining herself from the shock of seeing her arch enemy come out of my bedroom, in my shirt. At this point, knowing how Nonye can be, It would be pretty hard convincing her that what she thinks isn't exactly what's happening. Whatever happened to the opening mindedness of this generation.

"Uhm...guys...what's up?", I asked nervously.

"Yeah. That's exactly what I'd like to know I
K", Nonye cut back immediately, eyeing Mia who was looking rather unperturbed by the whole scenario. Maybe she's still sleepy.

"Babe chill..let him explain" , Dayo cut in and as I heard him call her 'babe' , I felt this anger all of sudden.

" Yeah, I think you should chill Nonye and give me a chance to explain myself", I said.

"I don't even see why you feel the need to. You don't ow--"

"Uhmm...Mia, I think I can handle it from there ". I said cutting her off abruptly. I appreciate her good intentions but these are my friends we're talking about here. My day 1s....My Nonye.

"Really?", Mia scoffed. "Whatever, I'm outta here", she said angrily as she stomped back to the bedroom. Probably to get changed.

"I can't find my dress so uhm.. I'm going with this. Don't I'll dry clean it and mail it back to you. Have a nice day", she said as she barged out my room with her handbag and without another word she left.

"So?", Nonye pestered for an explanation and I sighed.

"Look, Nonye I'm gon be real with you here. I don't like the way you just acted now. That was my guest and you had no right to treat her like that".

" Like how? I wasn't the one that indirectly told her to f**k off. You did", Nonye cut in, clearly unremorseful of her actions. I sighed in frustration at the her response. More because of the fact that she was right about me indirectly telling Mia to leave. I set a mental reminder to apologise to Mia later, that's if she will talk to me.

"Look guys let's all calm down and handle this like the adults we are ok?", Dayo said calmly and turned to Nonye.

"You babe, chill. I know you and Mia have a bit of bad blood but like K has said before that doesn't automatically mean we get to inherit your beef with her. We can still be cool with her you know", Dayo continued and for a moment it seemed like he was talking more himself than he was for mine.

"Yeah he's right. The way you acted was all that cool. Do you know she just lost her mom like a week ago?", I asked and Nonye's eyes widened in surprise and then her face fell expressing remorse.

"I...I didn't know that", she said calmly.

"That's why I let her stay the night here. Who knows what she'd have done if left alone in her grief", I said.

"Now I feel like a sadistic b***h", Nonye started and I agreed with her, in my thoughts though. Don't need another drama this morning..or afternoon.

"It just...it just feels so sudden-- so fishy that you guys are now hanging out often. Like I don't know, I just don't feel alright about it. Look I know Mia well. She's a snobby lil miss perfect and know it all wouldn't even take a second look at a nobody, no offense K", she paused when I gasped jokingly at her little but honest jab.I didn't take it to heart though, I knew she didn't mean it like that.

"But", she began. " I won't try to force you to stop talking to her or any of the sort. I'll trust you enough to handle it your own way and again I'm sorry about my earlier reactions today and at the cafe. In fact that was the main reason we came today, to apologise because we hadn't spoken again since then and we felt you were mad at us. But we met a very different scenario we didn't even expect here".

" Oh that", I chuckled. "Trust me guys, it looks a lot worse than it actually is", I started but their facial expressions clearly showed they didn't believe me.

"Cmon guys. Look nothing like what your gutter minds are imagining happened ok? She didn't have a clothe to change into soI offered her my Jersey that's all. And...and..and I slept on the couch too so...

"Yeah yeah...of course", They both said nodding their heads in the worst reassuring manner and I sighed and covered my face.

"You guys are mad, you that right?", I asked rhetorically and they chuckled.

"Yeah yeah. Sooo...", Dayo began spinning a book he was holding. "Looks like you've got a new neighbour".

"Neighbour? I don't think so. Haven't seen anyone new", I replied confused.

"Hmm. Maybe he just came in this morning.  We saw some guy with lots of moving boxes unpacking in the room next to yours just as we were coming".

"Hmm..ok", I shrugged unconcerned.

" He kinda looked a bit old for a student though. Maybe a PhD student or lecturer", Nonye said as she sat beside Dayo and pushed off the book he was spinning and intertwined her fingers with his. No no...No PDA in front of me.

"Alright that's it. You guys can't come to my house and come and oppress my single self in my own house", I said and they both laughed.

"Yeah that's right. Laugh all you want you sadists"

"Awww K baby. Don't worry yh? I'm sure soon you'd find someone that will turn this your cold grumpy exterior all mushy soon", Nonye joked as she got up and picked her bag.

"Alright guys, I'm leaving. Got to do stuff at the studio"

"Awww so soon? ", Dayo cooed as his face fell and I honestly felt like slapping him right there.

" I'm sorry babe. K nice to see you again and please take care of my baby for me please", she said as she hurried out of my apartment and I felt like slapping her too( of course not rather I'd gladly receive a slap from her).

"I'll kill him", I joked.

"So what's happening man. It feels like forever since we hung out", I said as I walked to the kitchen to see if I still had beer or soda in my fridge.

"I know right. Especially since you've been avoiding me", Dayo replied and I poked my head into the living room.

"Avoiding you? Why?", I asked already knowing the answer to that question.

"Because of my relationship with Nonye and please don't deny it. You know I know you've always got a thing for her. So can we please just talk about it because I've got something to tell you?"

"And what's that?", I asked as I re-entered  the parlour, tossing him a cold can of Heineken.

"I..how do I say this..uhm...I'm not ....I don't really like Nonye ", Dayo said nervous and  I stilled for a moment. I didn't know whether to feel happy that I still had a chance with Nonye or angry that he was just toying with her feelings and taking her for a ride.....TBC

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unrequited by Moura7(m): 8:16pm On Oct 17, 2021

Kk

" I'm sorry, what?", I asked as if Dayo repeating himself would somehow change what he said or I heard earlier. Dayo sighed as he stood up, hands in pocket but this wasn't in display of swag or anything like that, it was like one deep in thought.

"You heard me bro. I don't think, no...I..I don't have feelings for Nonye man. Don't get me wrong, I do care about her but that's just it bro. Nothing more", he said as he faced me.

"Then why did you agree to date her, huh?", I asked, my voice taking a different tone now out of anger. I felt angry because here I was pining over a girl that's in relationship with someone that doesn't even reciprocate her feelings. This is a different level of being lovelorn..the worst kind.

"I get how you're some kind of gold plated chic magnet that attracts girls to you with just a look and maybe you don't care how you treat them but cmon man", I said standing up. "Its Nonye we're talking about here. You know she hurts easy".

"I know man. I know and trust me I feel like shit already but I...I just can't do it man. I can't keep stringing along in this scheme", Dayo said and I turned to him sharply as he sat back with a heavy frustrated sigh.

"What..what scheme are you talking about? What's going on?", I sat down on the couch beside him.

"It's a long story bro ", he said shaking his head.

"Ok?", I said looking around. "Seems to me like all we've got is time so come on spill", I urged.

"Ok..the thing is my dad might be in some kind of fix. A pretty big one. He's involved in some embezzlement and corruption issues. The EFCC is hot on his tail right now. It seems very likely that he's guilty of these charges and he might go to jail bro. Most of our accounts have been frozen already, just my mum's and my trust fund were untouched, which is what we've been surviving on lately but a couple hundred millions can only go for a while man", Dayo said and reached for his beer.

Now I wasn't expecting that at all. I mean I saw some stuff about it on some tabloid but tabloids lie all the time besides, Dayo didn't seem fazed then. He was still his normal self and so I didn't worry much. After all there was always news about corrupt Nigerian politicians and nothing was done to them.
As much as I felt really bad for the messy situation Dayo ans his family were in now, I still didn't see how it related to his relationship with Nonye.

"Damn bro, that's messy and I'm really sorry about the whole thing but how does it relate to Nonye?", I asked curiously and he looked at me and then smiled.

"My dad's team thought it wise to control the narrative with the media and guess who has one of the most powerful media houses in Nigeria?", he asked and it hit me.

"NFO", I muttered in realization and he gave me a thumbs up.

" So my dad suggested I win Nonye over, get seen with her most of the time, do IG loved up videos with her so that when things get heated, we'd have the backing of NFO media. It would look bad on them too, if the ish with dad gets bad cause now our families are linked through our relationship. So a stain on us is kinda like a stain on them too".

"Wow...that's..that's something ", I said softly while taking it all in.

" But how sure are you guys Nonye's parents would agree to help cover up your dad's shit",  I asked and he smiled sadly again.

" Let's see", he said sitting up. " Daughter of Media Mogul in a relationship with son of convicted corrupt lawmaker", he said dramatically with his hands in air as if he was revealing something.

"Then questions about how NFO media knew all along and covered it up would start arising and the public would now start wondering they've not been covering up other scandals too. Not to talk of the paid critics from rival media houses. Trust me it would just as bad for them and that's why I want to drop the whole thing now. Before it blows up", he said sadly. " I can't do that to her or her family ".

"Damn! This is quite rough. Your dad would be so pissed".

"Mhmm", he shrugged. " Its the right thing to do. I'm more worried about how I'd break the news to Nonye. How do I break up with her amicably?"

"I don't know man but it would be much better than stringing her along because if she eventually finds out on her own, she'll kill you".

"Wow! Thanks a lot man, that's so reassuring ", D said sarcastically and I laughed.

"But seriously man, I know this whole situation with Nonye wasn't easy for you seeing as I know you liked her and all. I'm really sorry bro. I didn't mean to do that, its..its just I was scared then", Dayo apologised.

"Cmon bro, it's all good. Besides she was the one that asked you out meaning I didn't even have a chance", I replied.

"There you go again short changing yourself. Well now you have a chance again. Once I break up with her, you'd be free to win her over. I'll even help".

"Yeah right. She'll listen to the guy that's going to break her heart", I scoffed.

"Yeah, that true", Dayo said realizing he'd be the last person she'd even want to see talk more of listening to after he breaks her heart. "Okay, I won't help but trust me, you stand a chance with her".

I can't lie that the reality of Nonye being free again wasn't appealing to me but I wasn't sure she'd ever see me the way I wanted to be seen by her. I just felt she'd see as a close friend or worse as a brother.

"Yeah yeah, we'd see about that", I said hoping the whole matter died down. It just felt kinda weird hearing the boyfriend of the girl I'm crazy about encouraging me to make a move on her. The next thing now, he'd start giving me tips on how to her which in my opinion was much more pathetic. Of course there's not wrong with willingly accepting tips on how to win a girl over, but my ego wouldn't just allow me. Especially from the girl's current boyfriend or ex.

"Soooooo...", D drawled out and I knew he wanted to ask something and somehow I just felt it had to do with the letter M.

"So what?", I asked.

"What's up with the whole Mia thing..I mean you two operate in different worlds so how is it that you guys seem close now?", he asked and I smiled a little in confirmation of what I already suspected .

"Took you long enough. I expected you to start asking about her immediately Nonye left".

"Hahaha", D laughed sarcastically. "Oya start talking now. How did she notice you?".

"Notice me?"

"Look don't get me wrong but c'mon you're not exactly in her league. Like you guys are just polar opposites plus you don't even like her guts so what happened..what changed?", Dayo asked making no effort at all to hide his curiosity. Dayo's words hurt a bit like I know I'm not crazy rich and my family doesn't own an island but I'm still a person and quite worthy of being acknowledged by anybody but I let it all slide because I knew he didn't really mean all that.

"Well you know what they say about polar opposites attracting", I said as I reached for my now slightly cold beer.

"Yeah right", D rolled his eyes. "Damn bro! I envy you. I've been trying to get her to look my way since high school and it's your way she looks to instead".

"Life bro. It has a twisted plot", I sighed. It felt good though, to be ahead of Dayo in something. Not that I've been jealous or anything, infact it's been nothing short of love on my part for him but I don't know, I just feel this sense of accomplishment knowing I had access that he didn't have to something or someone he wanted the most.

"That's it!", D said all of a sudden, startling me abit and then he turned to me with a smile. A mischievous smile.

"My bro", he began and I just knew I wasn't going to like what he said next.

"How about you help me out with Mia? Like put in a good word for me with her, make me out to be perfect you know, stuff like that. Like you did for me with Becky", he said excitedly.

"Okay?", I said confused. Mia and I talk now but that's just it. Dude is way overstating my relationship with her.

"Uhmm...how about I just introduce you to her when next we meet and then you take over from there", I offered but he shook his head.

"Nah bro. Damn! I really need to coach you more about girls. Okay, look if you just introduce me to her, that's just it. We might just say hi's and hellos and go our separate ways. But when you've hyped me enough and told her lots of good things about me before we meet, I've been put somewhere in her subconscious and when we meet and she sees this gorgeous face as the one behind all the praises she's heard, that sparks up the attraction. Trust me", he said smiling and looking into space as if already imagining his wedding with Mia.

I don't know but somehow I didn't feel like helping Dayo with this and I didn't know why. It just felt like my relationship with Mia would be threatened, no matter how little or insignificant our relationship seemed. I know she wasn't all I assumed she was and I kinda like talking to her.

"Cmon bro, just do this for me", Dayo said as if sensing my hesitation.
"Uhmm...I didn't want it to trouble you cause we're working on it but the foundation's account, you know the one that's also sponsoring your scholarship here was also among the accounts frozen by the EFCC", Dayo let out and a sudden migraine banged at my head.

"Wha..what..how?", I stuttered.

"Hey hey...calm down ok?", Dayo tried to calm me as worry overtook me. Where was I going to see the money to continue my studies?

"Like I said we're working on it. It's no big deal. Besides I can talk to mum to assist when push comes to shove so get a grip man. It's all good".

That helped ease the tension I was feeling at the moment and I let out air I didn't know I was holding back.

"I think I'm gonna head out now. You just help me with what I asked for earlier and don't worry about anything. Everything would be fine with your education ", he said as he stood up smiling and left.

"O..okay", I agreed, but I couldn't help but think that I had just been subtly threatened by Dayo to help him with Mia or kiss my education goodbye. What if all this talk about the entanglement between his relationship and his dad's ish was just a ruse? He did seem a bit pushy with how he was encouraging to make a move on Nonye.

"Nah, Dayo ain't like that", I said shaking such thoughts out of my head. "He ain't like that"....TBC

Guys pls manage this one...trying to get a hang on the next episode now.

9 Likes

Re: Unrequited by xaviercasmir(m): 8:51pm On Oct 17, 2021
Thanks boss. My prediction is that Dayo may become his friends worst enemy.
Re: Unrequited by dawno2008(m): 9:59pm On Oct 17, 2021
Thanks man for the update,but pls don't keep the house waiting for too long for the next update grin
Just like the twist, and so wishing D is truly not scheming his way out,like game of thrones grin grin
Re: Unrequited by hotswagg12: 9:47am On Oct 18, 2021
Dayo is very cunning. Thanks for the update.
Re: Unrequited by jyrre(m): 7:11pm On Oct 18, 2021
Wow....i appreciate for the long update boss
Re: Unrequited by Moura7(m): 2:58pm On Oct 19, 2021

Mia

I stood in front of one of the mannequins in my sewing room and carefully sewed in place the spaghetti strap to the electric blue romper that hung off it.

My sewing room, one of the numerous rooms in my..well my dad's mansion turned my mom's now turned mine, was my second sanctuary right after my closet.
It wasn't as organized as my closet, infact to an outsider's ignorant eye it could be seem like a tsunami struck disaster but to my well informed and enlightened self, it was an organized mess. No, I'm not narcissistic, I'm just perfect.

The walls were covered with posters of my favourite designers' works as well as pin boards that held my own sketches tacked on to them. Against one of the walls was a a book shelf that books and binders of sewing patterns and sketchbooks that were either filled with my drawings or completely blank.

A rather large white table stood in the middle of the room with gold coloured sewing machine resting on the edge in front of a plush chair, as well as one of my backup laptops and stray papers scattered everywhere. Measuring tapes, threads, scissors, needles and any other material a sewer needs filled up colourful bins that were cast at different areas of the room.
Ten headless mannequins were lined up in a semi circle a few feet away from the table and a rack of clothes was settled in one of the further corners.

The room was small compared to my bedroom and closet. Only half as big. I was thinking about getting rid of the wall that separated  this room from another guest room and expanding my area.

My eyes scanned the piece I was working on, and I couldn't help but admire how cute it looked. I had cut it in a way that took it from casual to slightly elegant, and the shaped slits in the side added a needed edge to it.
I was concentrating so hard on what I was doing I didn't hear the door open, or the footsteps that entered.

"Mia".

I glanced up to see Joy, our plump, chocolate skinned, cheerful and sometimes strict housekeeper. Joy was probably in her mid 50s and had been with us ever since my mum and I relocated back to Nigeria. She's been here since my dad lived here while still an ambassador to Nigeria so I guess she's technically family too. She's always been there for me, taking up a second mother rather aunt role in my life. But lately since my mum's death and funeral we've been kinda distant and it's my fault. I've been locking myself either in my room or here, or hanging out, partying with friends....and other times relishing the taste of the best noodles I've ever had in my life. That was my mind having a mind of it's own and I shook my head to clear them out. I was still very much pissed at him.

"What do you want?", I answered rudely before I could stop myself.

"Mia", she said in a flat tone. "The attitude is not necessary".

I smiled apologetically and turned to her. " I'm sorry Joy. I didn't mean to act like that".

"I know", a smile tugged at her lips. "No school today?"

"School?", I frowned glancing at the curtain covered window in the room. "Its morning already?"

"Uhm yes", she walked over and tilted my chin so she could examine my face. "You've been here all night?"

"Mhmm", I hummed and swatted her hands away so I could continue what I was doing.

"So you didn't sleep at all?"

"I guess I lost track of time",  I paused a moment to glance round at the mannequins I had clothed in a fit of manic and a bit of depression  over the course of the night with dresses, gowns, jumpsuits and rompers. "You know I sew when I'm stressed and boy am I stressed right now".

Just the thought of how K just dismissed me because of his lil friends was enough to overheat my already boiling blood. In order for me to get my heart rate down, I tried to sleep through it but that didn't work and so I had to sew and I kept sewing till I was calm. Which, you know, didn't really happen and thus led me to being up all night. I'm definitely going to need to pop a pill to get through today.

"Oh", she frowned a little. " Wanna talk about it?"

"No thanks", I shook my head and Joy sighed.

"Your mum used to sew like this", Joy said sadly as she ran her hands through one of the dresses slowly.

My fingers froze and my eyes flashed to her face.

"Well not like this. Yours is advanced b--"

"Don't ", I said sharply, cutting her short.

"Mia", she began. "I know its hard for you to talk about her, but I think talking would make you feel much better-".

"Why on earth", I slammed pushed down on the mannequins before turning around to face her. "Would I want to talk about her? Talking about her won't bring her back", I sunk down to my knees, crying and Joy rushed to my side to hold me.

"That's it baby, cry, let it all out", she said soothingly as I cried louder.

"I miss her Joy. So so much".

"I know baby, I know. But you have to be strong now, you hear? Your mum wouldn't want you living like this. Sulking like you've lost everything.  You've still got your whole life ahead of you and you gotta open up space to live it well. It's ok to grieve. Its ok to feel sad, to mourn but it's not ok to let it shut you out. It's not ok to let it make you not talk about your mum. No!"

A prolonged silence stretched between us safe for my recurrent sniffing and Joy patting my head soothingly as she held me in her arms.

"Thank you, Joy. For everything . You're all I've got now"

"And your dad", She said smiling and I rolled my eyes smiling too.

"Yeah, him too. He's coming this week"

"Oh great", Joy clapped.

"So? I guess we're good now. No more sulking?"

"Yeah, no more sulking. Still got some issues but I'd take care of it", I smiled.

"Issues? Do want to talk about it?"

"No", I shook my head. It's just silly boy problems. Nothing I can't handle".

And I intend on handling it.

"Oh I would love to hear what type of boy problems you're having", she said, taking on a gleeful tone.

I snorted. "I'm sure you would. Maybe later.
I'm not ready to discuss now".

"I'll hold you to that", she fingered the material of the romper. "This is good"

"Just good?", I asked with disbelief at how she could call this dream just 'good'. She heaved a tired sigh and rolled her eyes.

"This is a masterpiece Joy", I said to Joy was now walking away with her hands up in mock surrender.

"Narcissist", I heard her mutter just as She walked out.

"Hey, I heard that", I shouted and then smiled....TBC

7 Likes

Re: Unrequited by doctorexcel: 3:55pm On Oct 19, 2021
Thanks for the update. K should get ready cos mia is coming for him. That jealous b.tch better get hold of her ready-to-run boyfriend dayo and let k & mia mingle peacefully
Re: Unrequited by hotswagg12: 5:27pm On Oct 19, 2021
Thanks for the update. More please.
Re: Unrequited by juninhouj: 12:44pm On Oct 20, 2021
Thanks for the update
Abeg no dey kill us with suspense.... And by the way, you're doing well.
Re: Unrequited by Moura7(m): 9:46pm On Oct 21, 2021
Thanks for the comments guys...
Re: Unrequited by jullyrosy(f): 6:03am On Oct 22, 2021
We need update I
Re: Unrequited by Moura7(m): 9:28am On Oct 22, 2021
jullyrosy:
We need update I
Lol...I've been waiting for your comment
So...what do you think abt the last updates?
Re: Unrequited by juninhouj: 10:43am On Oct 22, 2021
we need update, this suspense is killing... And by the way, the previous updates are doing well shocked
Re: Unrequited by Moura7(m): 1:55pm On Oct 22, 2021
juninhouj:
we need update, this suspense is killing... And by the way, the previous updates are doing well shocked

Thanks boss.. update before or Monday
Re: Unrequited by Lonelyloner: 2:01pm On Oct 22, 2021
Starly Reader proposition

A book reader platform where the mode of payment is a Crypto currency instead of fiat(naira or USD)

1. The writer can sell their books once they reach 1k readers (premium writers).

2. The writer can give out the coin (let's call it Xcoin) to readers if they read their book.

3. The readers pay in Xcoin to read the books of premium writers.

4. Xcoin will be distributed for free to all who join this platform at this beginning stage.

5. Bring in 10 writers and become an admin

07.0+33.52+83.15
Re: Unrequited by jullyrosy(f): 7:10pm On Oct 23, 2021
[quote author=Moura7 post=106956465]
Ure doing well......more please
Re: Unrequited by Captaintitan(m): 10:18pm On Oct 23, 2021
Please we need updates
Re: Unrequited by Investorrtbankz(m): 7:31pm On Oct 25, 2021
Moura7:

Thanks boss.. update before or Monday

Oga this is Monday evening oo
Update nor Dey o
Re: Unrequited by jullyrosy(f): 4:21pm On Oct 26, 2021
What's happening now?
Re: Unrequited by Moura7(m): 10:58pm On Oct 26, 2021

Mia

I took my time as I stepped out of my car or my baby as I preferred to call it. A shiny black  Lamborghini Urus.
It felt good to be in my car again, driving myself. It seemed like ages since I'd last been in it. Ever since mum's passing, I've had people fretting over me like I was some fragile glass looking person and don't forget suicidal too. There was a time Joy even followed me to the restroom  because she feared I might do something to myself. Friends and even family members just being all over my case didn't help matters at all. I mean I appreciate the whole love and care even if some weren't genuine - hi uncle Tobi- but then cmon, a girl needs some space to breathe. I've had friends pick up for outings, drive me everywhere even sleepovers too and no time to just be alone and reflect.
They weren't all suffocating though. The were occasions where I loved having people around, even if they weren't friends or particularly strangers. They..no..he was something like a friendly stranger.

"Friendly stranger", I muttered softly, unwillingly lost in thoughts of him and our little moments.
  It's been like a week or so since e told me off at his place and one would think I'd be over it by now but for some weird reason, I just can't help but still feel hurt by his rejection or negligence...or whatever the f**k he did that day. I even skipped school for some days just because I was all up in my feelings.

I frowned as I walked through the exquisitely disgustingly furnished hallway of the social sciences faculty building, home to my department and also where I had majority of my classes.
When I refer to the hallway as disgusting, I don't mean its low budget or poorly furnished(well that could be debated), no! Infact its interior decor is ridiculously expensive and so high end but it's just that it isn't up to my standard and my standard is the only standard. Anything else is trash.
Again, I'm no narcissist. I just believe that my opinions and views should be the law. Is that too much to ask? Who paints the hallways of an institution preach green? It bad enough that school is the worst place to be in the world but at least try and make the environs less nauseating.

"Well well, look who decided to show up to school today looking all dapper. Welcome your royal bitchiness ", Gina sarcastically greeted and gave a dramatic bow.

"Sarcasm is a bad look on you", I smiled as we walked in sync to our first class of the day.

Gina is one of the few people I can actually call my genuine friend. I was just 8 and recently relocated back to Nigeria. Mum had enrolled me in one of the high end prep middle schools in Lagos. My first day, after my introduction in class, a cute chocolate skinned girl in nearly knotted pigtails had walked right up to me, took my hand and led me to a seat next to hers. She scowled at anyone who offered me a seat and they immediately turned back scared.

"We are going to be best friends", she said smiling at me as I settled in beside her and we've been attached to the hip ever since. Also add to the fact that Gina's family and mine, well my dad, share a strong acquintance. Gina came from a family of elite lawyers, like generational kind of elite.
The Williams were like the law in Nigeria. John Williams, her great grandfather was the first Chief Justice of the federation and the founder Williams, one of the best law firms in the country. Dr Akin Williams, her father, is a former chief justice and SAN.
A few years ago, one of Gina's cousins Hailey was raped by the son of one of the richest men in the country and the guy was locked up ASAP. One would think it impossible giving how powerful his dad is and how corrupt Nigeria is but not with the Williams. They are powerful like that, one of the reasons I stuck with this kunckehead here in just incase I get into any kind of trouble, I'd have the backing of the family. Thanks to my dad though, that's already in the bag.

"So.....are you okay now?", Gina asked as we settled in our self designated seats at the front row. We were like 30 minutes early so the professor wasn't in class yet.

"Yeah...I think I'm better now", I shrugged. "So tell me, what's been happening in school my absence. What did I miss?"

"Uh....nothing much I guess. Oh wait, scratch that. Tracy OD'd on meth and is now in rehab", she said animated.

"Oh", I said bored.  I wonder how the girl was coping with acting and school.

"Oh? That's all you can say?"

"Uhmm...what else do you want me to say. It's good it happened now and she gets to get the help she needs than later. I know the movie industry can be stressful especially with teen actors but drugs?....cmon now"

"Ow!", I yelled as Gina hit me. "What was that for?"

"Be nice. A girl almost died and her acting career is almost ruined and you're being a cold bi**h about it...no, more of a cold b***h. You're a cold b***h all the time. How are we even still friends again?"

"That's why you hit me?", I asked still massaging the spot she hit." Because I criticized your woman crush every day?"

"Mhmm", she smiled.

"You know lesbianism is a crime in Nigeria right?", I asked jokingly.

"And the fact that you're even alive is a crime to humanity", she joked and we laughed.

"Seriuosly though, I feel bad for her", Gina sighed.

"Yeah yeah...I wonder how Rex copes with all these your Tracy fangirling", I said bored.

"Awww...someone's jealous"

"You wish", I scoffed.

"Don't worry, I'm not leaving you for her. I'm yours forever baby", she said and we burst into laughter again.

We continued catching up and gisting about any topic that came to mind when K walked in and I froze for abit. I didn't know he offered this course. I didn't even know much about him. He was dressed in a black hoodie and black pants with black trainers and he..he looked good. He didn't seem to see me though as he just walked straight to the furthest seat at the back.
How he would even hear a thing the professor would say beats me. Well his problem not mine. I'm still mad at him.

"Errr...what was that?", G asked lifting her eyebrows.

"What?", I asked.

"That!", she said pointing at my eyes then to K at the back. "You had this 'I want to eat you alive look' ".

"Still don't get what you're on about", I denied as I brought out my notepad from my bag.

"Mhmm. Wait he looks kinda familiar ", she said tapping the tip of her right index finger against her chin.

"Duhh...he clearly shares a class with us", I said in a bored tone hoping she'd just drop it.

"No not that. I've seen him somewhere else. Wait!!...isn't he...he is the guy ...the guy whose house you spent the night at when you called me to pick you up sometime ago", she almost shouted.

"Really?", I shrugged continuing my uninterested act.

"Oh..don't do that", G frowned.

"Do what?", I feigned having a clue of what she was on about.

"That!", she said. "You always act bored when you're hiding something or don't want to talk about something"

"Great. You got the hint, now let it go", I faked a smile and returned back to my notepad.

"I hate you"

"Love you too", I smiled at her and just then the professor entered in his funny attire and I  had a migraine just looking at how awfully colourful his outfit looked. I'm sure these guys are paid well enough to afford a stylist if they know their fashion sense is less than zero. As he started us on the topic of the day, I stole a peak at the back and my eyes locked with his soft brown eyes. I whipped my head quickly when I felt some strange sensations in my body.

"Not today satan. Not today", I muttered as I geared for the lesson unfolding right before me.

Finally done for the day, I bade goodbye to G and some other friends before driving back home. I'd stayed back to update myself on the lectures I'd missed. As much as I felt school was overrated, I still needed to have a very good CGPA cause I don't know, I guess I just like being very good at all that I did. I hated coming short in anything I did, failure or mediocrity just didn't sit well at all.
Tired and hungry, I drove home on full speed already fantasizing about the jollof rice Joy was preparing just before I left. A part of me though, craved for a certain type of noodles.

"Ahhh", I sighed frustrated as I hit the steering wheel. Why was he affecting me so much?
I eased my baby into the garage as the door slowly slid up allowing me passage in.

"Oh, thank you Jesus", I sighed as I entered the house.

"Oh you're back", Joy said as soon as I stepped inside the kitchen.

"Yesss. Now feed me, I'm soooooo hungry "

"Coming right up. Before that, go and see your friend he's been waiting for you for quite some time now", she said and I got confused.

"Friend?", I asked confused. "And did you just say he?"

"Yeah", she answered as she went on with dishing my food. Which friend could she be talking about and a he for that matter. I hope it wasn't one of those love sick stalker boys from school. I don't even have the strength to deal right now.

I went on to the sitting room where she said he was waiting and got the shocker of my life. The least person I expected to see.

"You", I said in a small whisper clouded with disbelief.

"Hey stranger", the all black claded guy in front me smiled....TBC

6 Likes

Re: Unrequited by Captaintitan(m): 11:37pm On Oct 26, 2021
Omo this story is always making me yearn for more , nice job Moura��

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply)

I See Things Others Do Not See... / In Memory Only (Romance) / Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.