Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,845 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:30 AM

Unrequited - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Unrequited (137123 Views)

Unrequited Love / Unrequited - Beta Draft (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unrequited by Nuel45(m): 11:34pm On Sep 20, 2021
Re: Unrequited by nastynic(m): 10:55pm On Sep 21, 2021
Thanks for the update man

See I really love this story but the way the updates are coming eh,
E just dey tire me ah swear
And I like the piece like mad gan
Re: Unrequited by jyrre(m): 7:32pm On Sep 22, 2021
Nice update boss❤️❤️
Re: Unrequited by Moura7(m): 8:04am On Sep 23, 2021
Thanks for the comments guys and sorry for the slow updates, I usually update at 2days interval plus now I've no phone. I'm still trying sha.

1 Like

Re: Unrequited by efeteb: 8:08pm On Sep 23, 2021
Thanks for your effort. More

1 Like

Re: Unrequited by chidozeze(m): 9:55pm On Sep 23, 2021
Nice story, continue OP you're doing amazing job.

1 Like

Re: Unrequited by Moura7(m): 12:20pm On Sep 25, 2021

Tessy Enwereji was the beautiful, carefree, open minded and rebellious child of Chief Nduka Enwereji, one of the richest Igbo men in the country and majority shareholder of Enwereji Autos the topmost car dealership in the country. They have been the sole distributors of all luxury cars in the country since the days of Late Sir Enwereji Enwereji, the founder and Chief's grandfather. The dealership is amongst the top 50 most valuable companies in Nigeria valued at about three billion dollars by Bloomberg.
  Nduka or Chief as he's popularly called had three children, all girls and Tessy was the youngest.  Since he had no male child and being the typical african man( Igbo for that matter), he'd planned for his daughters to marry into wealthy families to help boost his own fortune and even increase the value of the business. So imagine the horror when he found out that Tessy was pregnant for the son of a driver.
All hell was let loose that day in the Enwereji household .

"Amarachi better ask your daughter to do the needful now or I'll be forced to do something she'll regret ", Chief barked at his wife who was holding the crying Tessy.

"Dad pleaseee....I'm sorry. I really am", Tessy begged as she crawled to meet her dad but as she reached to touch him, he shifted instantly.

"No you're not. You are not sorry at all because if you were, you'd have aborted that thing like I ordered", Chief retorted backing her, a stony expression donning his face.

"Dad!", Tessy exclaimed shocked. "You're still on this?..but you know I can't Dad. I..I can't abort my child, my very first seed..your grandch-".

"Don't you dare!", Chief cut her off, as he turned sharply to face her with his right index finger in a warning stance.

"Don't you dare call that wretched bastard in your womb my grandchild...don't you ever", he continue.

"Ahh....Nduka stop it! Don't talk to her like that, she's still your daughter", Amarachi(Lolo), Tessy's mom rebuked crying.

"Well, she'll cease to be my daughter if she refuses to get that thing out of her. There's no way I'm letting her ruin my reputation just because she couldn't keep her legs closed".

"Wow", Tessy muttered tearfully stunned at the man in front of her, wondering if it was really the warm loving father who'd spoiled her silly or an evil clone.

"You know what?", Tessy said standing up.
"I'm done begging. I fell in love and I'm not sorry about it at all, I'd do it all over if Inhad the chance again. That's what real love is, loving without conditions but that would be strange to someone as self centred and selfish as you. You love your status and reputation much more than you love your daughter, your own blood. How shameful ", she finished as she walked off to her room to pack her stuff.

"Yes!", Chief yelled after her.

"Go on, you ungrateful spoilt brat. After all I did for you, you come to my house and still insult me? We shall see...I'm freezing all your accounts now.....did you hear that?...I'm freezing everything and drop your keys before you leave", he continued yelling after her.

"I can't believe you", Lolo said tearfully, shaking her head in disbelief.

"Well you better and I forbid anyone of you to ever help or be associated with her. I'm sure you all have seen what I am capable of so try me and see ", He warned, looking at his wife and other daughters who were quiet all through before walking off. Just like that Tessy Enwereji was disowned by her father and even two years later, when she came with the Kalus and little Kachi to seek help for her treatments Chief Chief didn't bulge.

"Chief please please..help her. Help your daughter, Tessy is sick please ", Lolo knelt on the floor begging.

"Which daughter? Eh...what about the father of her child? He's responsible for her now and not me so please don't disturb me", Chief adamantly refused.

"You're evil, Nduka. I regret the day I set my eyes on you and just know this, if Tessy dies I'll never ever forgive you, bastard", she said as she ran out to catch up with Tessy that was already leaving with the Kalus.

"Baby wait, my baby please wait!!", Lolo ran crying, the tears slightly blurring her vision.

"Mum", Tessy cried as she turned.

"My baby girl, oh my sweet girl I'm so sorry please forgive me. I've been a coward. I should've fought for you I'm so sorry".

"Mum, it's ok.. its ok. Don't cry..don't cry in front of your grandchild. Here, have him", Tessy said as she handed little Kachi over to his grand mum.

"Oh, my baby, it's my grandchild. Can you believe it? I'm really a grand mum", Lolo sobbed as she held Kachi in her arms, smiling with love and pride.

"Here", she handed him back to his mum as she she brought out a white paper from her cloth, handing it over to Tessy.

"It is a cheque of ten million naira. Its pretty much all I have now in my personal account. I can't withdraw from our joint account without your father knowing.  Please use this to get authentic medical care and some foodstuff, you don't look too well", and then she turned to the Kalus.

"Thank you so much for taking care of my daughter and grandson. God bless you well", she thanked them.

"Its nothing really. Tessy is family and Kachi is our grandson too", Mr Kalu replied smiling.

"Ok mum, we have to go now. Thanks again for the money. I love you", Tessy said as they set to go.

"I love you too baby. Please take care, I'll come see you soon", Lolo replied and as soon as they left, she got down and sobbed.

"God please help my daughter and grandson", she cried.
KK

It was mo hidden scandal in the Enwereji household that I existed, nobody just cared well except Lolo( my maternal grandma) but that didn't amount to much as she kinda lost touch with the world after my mum's death. She just sits down and stares into space and hasn't spoken in years and somehow in a someway my Maternal granddad and aunts redirect the blame to me for grandma's condition.
  Once, I think I was about eight or nine years when my grandma had brought me to the Enwereji mansion to meet my family.
They were having some sort of family brunch then out in the garden. The security didn't even let us in and when the family came after they'd alerted them, my grandma was warned to never ever bring me --this bastard as Chief had said-- to his house again. That was the first time I heard the word bastard and I remember asking a tearful grandma on our back what the word meant but she was evaded the question. Then we reached home, I rushed to my dictionary to check the meaning of the word 'bastard'. I don't know why I was so insistent to know the meaning then, maybe it sounded so cool but after I found it out, it didn't sound cool anymore. That day was when the other side of my family became non-existent to me, my father topping the list. Since then I let the bubbly, over cheerful part of me die off. I became the reserved, quiet loner that I am today. I felt being friends with lots of people would breed openings for hauntings and insults, and so I put my social life on lock. It didn't stop Rex, Aunt Evelyn's dumb son from always calling me the bastard of the family  though or Cynthia from always lying to everyone that I was cursed and was the cause of my mom's death and grandma's condition. I gave up on getting to stop it when one time in high school, I beat the crap out of Rex and Aunt Evelyn had rained down abuses on me in front of everyone and then I got expelled, if not for Mrs Michaels that stepped in and got it down to a week's suspension.  Since then I've learnt to just ignore them in their dumb glory and just live my life.

PRESENT

"Well well, look who we have here looking all fancy in his uniform", Rex sneered attracting a few giggles from his company, Cynthia's being the loudest.

"Here are your orders. Please do enjoy your meal. You can call on me by pressing the ring button on your table if you need any other thing. Thank you", I said politely unfazed by Rex's taunts and with a little bow, I left. All the while, Mia as expected looked away like she didn't know me and I reciprocated. Two can play the game.

I had barely exited the VIP section when I heard the 'ggrrr' sound signalling that my attention was needed and I didn't need to look back to know which table it was from.

"Hey waiter boy!", Rex called and laughed, giving Kevin another d*ckhead a fist bump as they revelled in the wack humor of whatever was making them laugh.

"Is there any problem?", I asked politely.

"Is there any problem?...guys he's asking if there's any problem", Rex mocked and some of the crew laughed.

"Well waiter boy, I was thinking if we could get more sauce as ours is finished already", he said smugly but as I looked at the table, the plate containing the cranberry sauce was still quite full.

"Eh Rex, I..."

"Sir..Don't call me by my name like we're friends or something. We're not in the same class. Guys, can you imagine this?", he asked amused.

"My apologies sir", I began and taking a deep breath. This one was sure gonna be hard.

"Now that's more like it, waiter boy. So off you go, get us more sauce", He said off handedly.

"Yes, the plate of sauce on the table still seems to be full and we can't go get another one except of course we'd add it to your bill", I explained.

"Oh you mean this plate of sauce?", Rex asked amused as he took the plate up and suddenly he was nudged by Kevin, making him lose balance as the plate of hot spicy cranberry sauce left his shaky hand and landed on my clean white uniform. Well played script.

"Oops", Rex said amusedly. "I'm sorry, I lost my balance. Kevin, see what you made me do", he asked with fake all over his voice and expression.  I tried to take deep breaths to control myself.

"1...2...3..4...oh f**k it", I muttered angrily as I made to lunge at Rex.

"What's going on here?", Mr Walter thundered from behind me and I stopped in my tracks.

"And why is your shirt soiled. You and your clumsiness. I just can't with you", the idiotic manager continued.

"But sir, it was--"

"Yes...he's so clumsy for a waiter. Can you believe he called me by my first name...is that how professional you guys are?", Rex cut me off immediately I made to speak and Mr Walter gave me the stink eye.

"Uhm...we're so sorry about that Sir. He's quite new so he's not learnt the ropes fully. I'll have someone more experienced to tend to your needs. Please do enjoy your meal, we're sorry for the inconveniences", Mr Walter said after taking his lips out of Rex's butt.

"Can you apologise to the gentleman?", Mr Walter asked turning to me and I scoffed, looking at him unbelievably.

"Maybe when hell freezes over", I replied flatly stunning both Mr Walter and Rex.

"What did you just say?", Mr Walter asked me, taking his glasses off.

"Wow some customer service, you've got here Mr Manager ", Rex chipped in.

"Oh please shut up Rex!", Mia said for the first time today.

"What..but Mia.."

"I said shut the hell up. Stop with the stupid theatrics already and grow the hell up. This isn't high school anymore. All these useless antics of yours are becoming boring. We all know you did all these so stop lying".

"And you Manager, shouldn't you have also listened to your staff's side of the story too? You just swallow things up hook, line and sinker right?", she continued ranting.

"Uhm..excuse me..

"Oh shut up", she cut me Mr Walter off and now turned to me.

"And you, slowpoke, learn to speak up for yourself will you?", she fired.

"You guys are just the worst. I just lost my mum recently and you guys decide to cheer me up with this rubbish?...scr*w you all. I'm so outta here", she fired and stomped out, leaving everyone myself include in shock. No wonder she was quiet all through, she just lost her mum and my selfish self judged her before for being classist.

"Ah..guy howfar now. Wetin do your shirt?", Osas asked as I entered the kitchen.

"Omo, na long story o. I go gist you later sha. Make I change enter another one", I said as I headed to the my locker.
The rest of my shift went by smoothly and surprisingly, Mr Walter didn't disturb me after the incident. I guess he was ashamed from the tongue lashing he received from Mia. I smiled as I remembered how she lashed out at him.

I heaved a sigh of relief when it struck 7pm signalling the end of my shift. I headed back to locker, changed, got a little something from chef Chioma and walked out of PM.

"Now I have peace of mind", I said to myself as I pressed my keys to unlock my car but stopped in my tracks when I saw someone leaning against my car. The figure seemed feminine and relaxed on my car without a care in the world. As I got nearer, she seemed to get off the car and I saw her face clearly.

"Hey stranger", Mia said with a smirk.

"Can you give me a ride home?".........TBC

10 Likes

Re: Unrequited by mokoh(m): 5:17pm On Sep 25, 2021
Thanks for this delicious update and we will be waiting for more on monday
Re: Unrequited by nastynic(m): 7:38pm On Sep 25, 2021
Thanks a lot moura7
You just made my day
Re: Unrequited by jyrre(m): 8:53pm On Sep 25, 2021
You are talented bro
Re: Unrequited by efeteb: 4:15am On Sep 26, 2021
I'm seriously loving this story. Thanks

Oliver Twist mode activated.
Re: Unrequited by Nobody: 9:17pm On Sep 26, 2021
Nice update
Re: Unrequited by Moura7(m): 9:23pm On Sep 26, 2021
Thanks guys for the comments....and the ghosts too, pls drop your insights too. It would be pretty helpful. Hopefully, new update tomorrow evening.

3 Likes

Re: Unrequited by bigbauer(m): 1:00am On Sep 27, 2021
Moura7:
Thanks guys for the comments....and the ghosts too, pls drop your insights too. It would be pretty helpful. Hopefully, new update tomorrow evening.

how much for the full story? and no Okada books. No come.kill me with suspense
Re: Unrequited by yvonncute(f): 9:33am On Sep 27, 2021
Don't forget your promise to give us another update. Ghost mode deactivated.
Re: Unrequited by Nuel45(m): 10:26am On Sep 27, 2021
We still dey wait
Re: Unrequited by Moura7(m): 10:28am On Sep 27, 2021
bigbauer:

how much for the full story? and no Okada books. No come.kill me with suspense
Lol bruv....haven't completed the story yet.
Re: Unrequited by mokoh(m): 10:36am On Sep 27, 2021
We ur loyal fans are here waiting gallantly
Re: Unrequited by Missmossy(f): 11:55am On Sep 27, 2021
Stumbled upon this beautiful piece today and here I'm cheesy

Keep up the good work Moura7, I'm rooting for K and eager to know what happens next.
Re: Unrequited by Nuel45(m): 6:16pm On Sep 27, 2021
Bruh update dey tonight
Re: Unrequited by Moura7(m): 7:52pm On Sep 27, 2021

Mia

"Hello Miss Rotimi, it's me Dr Brown. Uhm...its about your mum. She's..she's gone....".
That was the sound of my world crashing.
The good Dr. Brown had already informed me that she just had less than two weeks to live but I guess I just didn't want to believe that it was true. I wasn't much of a religious person so I didn't pray, I just hoped that the universe would somehow shine its light of luck on my mum. If wishes were horses, right?
  The next few days were spent crying my eyes out. The feeling when I woke and just realized that I wasn't going to see my mum ever again was just so grieve suffocating. I cried still my tear ducts dried and but that didn't stop my heart from bleeding out.
Life became pretty stale that I even wondered what else I was living for. I'm an only child to my Mexican American dad and Nigerian mum. Dad was a former ambassador of the US to Nigeria.
On one of his visits here, he met mum who was pageant queen then and they fell in love and blah blah. They got married and relocated to US because of dad and that's where they had me. When I was eight, they had a divorce with mum carting away with 40% of dad's net worth and full custody of me which was pretty huge.
So mum and I relocated back to Nigeria to start life afresh. As expected, it wasn't easy adjusting here at all. It's not easy being outspoken, brilliant, freakishly honest, confident and even more, a woman in an african setting, especially Nigeria. I remember how many times I changed schools because the teachers couldn't put up with my outspoken nature. Sometimes, we'd miss out on family gatherings because they might not take kindly to my personality (judgemental unwoke pricks).
Thank God for mum who helped me fit in and understand the culture more.
Mum was and still is everything to me. A father, mother, sibling and best friend all in one. I wouldn't say I've really got friends. Okay a few, the rest are just social climbing parasites hanging around me because of the prestige that came with it.

The saying 'Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans' became my reality in the twinkle of an eye. One morning, I'm just feeling all good and positive vibes-ish, getting my groove on, ruling my school both academically and socially, getting people scrambling to be acquainted to me and the next thing I get a call telling me my mum just collapsed and is in a hospital, diagnosed with cancer. Now she's gone and I'm all alone.

My friends or better still, the clique attached themselves to me thought it a good idea to take me out to dinner in a bid to help console me. The show of concern was a welcome as I needed every bit of affection right now and I also believed leaving my apartment would help lessen the grief.
Everything was going quite well initially, from the sing along during the car ride, even jokes that I normally wouldn't even smile too before seemed quite funny and I felt maybe this was a good idea afterall, maybe I could take just this day off from the grieving and just let loose a little but then I saw him and I knew trouble wasn't far behind.
I felt disturbed seeing him there, attending to us. Maybe it was because I felt guilty for not really showing appreciation  and when he helped me out the last time. I wanted to talk to him now, even if it was just a simple 'hi' but he seemed to not even notice my presence. It was like we never met or maybe he was just serving me my own poison.
I didn't blame him though if the latter was the case. I guess I'd do worse if the case was reversed. I resolved to deal with it later and just have a good night out with my friends but then Rex as usual displayed that he's a d*ck and spoilt everything.
After I stomped out, I realised I didn't come with my car. I came with them. I was about to order an uber when I saw the car I was about to relax on. It was the Camry, he drove out with when G came to pick me up at his dorm then.
  A bizarre idea popped in my head and I cancelled the uber ride I ordered earlier.

'What if he doesn't want to talk to me, especially after how I treated him?', I thought to myself.  I shook off all creeping doubts and decided to wait for him. Afterall, it's not like I had an appointment or some sort of emergency at all.

It was quite the wait though.  Almost two hours of standing, pacing and a bit of in lining against the car for support and finally he showed up looking....quite different. A good kind of different.

"Hey stranger", I said coming off the car so daring him to look me in the eye and still feign amnesia on our acquaintance no matter how fleeting it was. His sudden pause and then the flicker of recognition in his eyes when he saw me confirmed my assumption which made me even bolder.

"Can you give me a ride home?", I asked......TBC

Pls guys no vex abeg......still getting ideas for this chapter.  Just decided to drop this since I already promised. Would complete it tomorrow and even add another update by God's Grace. Have yall a good night.

10 Likes

Re: Unrequited by Bashnigga(m): 8:13am On Sep 28, 2021
Thanks for the update
Re: Unrequited by Austeeenxx: 9:21am On Sep 28, 2021
OP, I'm following you and this story like village people.
Re: Unrequited by djpaparazzi(f): 5:20pm On Sep 28, 2021
Thanks for the update. Please update soon
Re: Unrequited by jyrre(m): 9:34am On Sep 29, 2021
nice one bro
Re: Unrequited by Nuel45(m): 2:04pm On Sep 30, 2021
Bruh we still dey wait
Re: Unrequited by Moura7(m): 2:41pm On Sep 30, 2021
Contd

KK

The shock from seeing Mia apparently waiting for me slowly waned away as I processed her request. She was still in the clothes she was wearing back at the restaurant so she really waited about two hours for me to finish but the question was 'why'.
Her friends had long gone after the whole ruckus. They supposed to have met her here or maybe they did see her but she refused to go with them. Afterall she was pretty mad at them but that doesn't still explain why she'd wait for me to finish to give her a ride home.
If I can remember correctly, she made it clear she didn't want to be associated with me in public at all. Okay maybe she didn't put it that way but her actions were implied and suggested that so.....

"Uhmm....are you going to let me in your car?", she asked seeing I hadn't reacted in any way to her earlier request.

"Yeah..ok", I agreed after failing to come up with an explanation for all these but then again, I wasn't still comfortable with the whole thing so I paused.

"No wait", I began. "Why me...why don't you just call an uber or better still call a driver from home. I'm sure you've got lots of those", I said and a flash of hurt crossed her face for a second before she gave a small smile and nodded her head.

"Don't worry. Forget I asked", she replied as she turned to walk away.

Now this is a reverse manipulation technique I hated so much because it always got to me. That feeling when someone just easily accepts my rejection to offer help or anything at all makes me feel like a douche..like I'm the bad guy.
This time it worked again, coupled with the fact that she lost her mum recently and wasn't really supposed to be walking this dark lonely night alone.

"Wait!", I called, halting her in her tracks.

"I'm sorry. I'll drive you. Cmon", I said as I opened the door for her. She looked at me for a while--probably considering to reject my offer after I did hers earlier-- before walking back towards the car and the craziest thing happened. She completely ignored the passenger door seat I held open for her and opened the door to the back seat and got in. Just like that, not even a 'Thank you'.
I shook my head and smiled as I went around to the driver seats.

"Ah! These spoilt entitled brats", I muttered as I got in.

"You're welcome", I said as I turned to her but she ignored me and looked away.

'For my own car pesin still dey form', I thought to myself and started the engine.

"Where do I drop you off?", I asked as I eased out of the restaurant.

"Uh, yes..ah", she began and  I couldn't help but noticed the way her voice shook even as she tried to hide it. She sniffed and cleaned her eyes before answering.

"Uhmm...I don't know. Anywhere", she answered and wiped her eyes again.
I understood the situation and decided not to ask any more questions. I don't remember much about my mum's death cause I was still about four years old when she passed but I do remember how hard it was when I got older and the reality that I would never see her again dawned on me.
No dad, no mom. Its not just easy at all.
Not taking anything away from my grannies but still, there are just some blanks that only parents can fill in one's life.

I took a glance at Mia from the rearview mirror as I thought of where to take her. She was staring away out the window as tears rolled down her cheeks slowly. It was like she was on autopilot sobbing mode. No wailing or sniffing, just free flowing tears and no sound at all.
Whenever I'm grieving or feeling down, I go to my happy place to get over it. A happy place isn't necessarily a geographical location. It could be a happy thought, an imagination, a book or an actual place. Mine is the theatre especially when they're doing comedy plays or the game shop. I dont know but somehow playing video games with people just acts as a stress reliever for me. Now the question was what is Mia's happy place?

Of course I'd not know what her happy place is. We aren't even friends.
I got a beep on my phone and I reached my pocket to get it out. I know being on the phone while driving is second hand suicide but hey, rules are meant to be broken right?..even if they are meant to keep you alive. I hissed as I saw it was just a twitter notification was  about to put back the phone when an idea hit me. I packed the car by the side of the road and looked back to check on Mia but she was still in her airplane mood. A girl's social media is the sure bet to know everything about her. Okay not really everything but some things there are actually true. I typed Mia's name on IG and immediately her profile came up.

'Damn. This kid dey verified?', I thought to myself. Her bio wasn't very informative and so I just skimmed through her pics and reels to see if I'd find anything helpful and I did. She had lots of pictures about designers, designer clothes, shoes and bags. She even had some of her sketches put up too and boy, she can sketch pretty well. So maybe stuff about fashion and lifestyle is her happy place and so I googled for any fashion shows or even a couture to go to. Luckily, there was a fashion show happening in some hotel a few blocks from where we were now.
The event was mainly for new fashion designers to exhibit their creations for all to see. Some top fashion heavyweights in Nigeria were to grace the event too. Stars like Amaka Osakwe, owner of Maki Oh label, a leading womenswear company in the fashion industry.  Okunoren of Okunoren menswear brand and Mai Atafo were all in attendance.

"Ok. This should be good", I sighed as I started the car again to our next stop. The fashion show.

The hotel seemed pretty full the moment we drove through the gates. There were press vans everywhere, red carpets rolled out for pictures, interviews.

"Uhh...where are we?", Mia spoke up for the first time since our ride. I guess she's back from her reverie.

"Uh...this....I like fashion and since you didn't really give me any specific location to drop you off, I decided to just go to where I was headed before..eh....which is here..yes here. Because like I said earlier, I like fashion", I rambled on. Last thing, a proud and grieving person such as Mia is now, wants is to  feel pitied or sorry for.

"You can go on your way if you don't like it", I continued hoping she doesn't see through the whole BS front.

She gave me a look as if scrutinizing me for  a bit before she shrugged.

"Since we're already here, I might as well give you the privilege of having my company. Afterall, you did help me with a ride", she said looking away with her chin up depicting the perfect proud woman pose.

With that, we graced the event . I wouldn't know how it went cause I think I dozed off the moment my butt connected with the most comfortable chairs ever but judging from how bubbly and smiley Mia was after the show, I'd say it went pretty well for her.
I waited for her to meet with some of the designers before we finally left.

We walked back to the car in silence. I glanced at my phone and the time was past 10pm and I was a bit alarmed. This is a school night not weekend and I needed to eat, rest and sleep for school tomorrow.

"Thank you", she said as she reached my car.

"For what?"

"You know..the ride, the show? It helped brighten my shitty night", she replied and I smiled a little.

"Oh it's nothing. Besides I told you before, I like fashion", I said unlocking the doors.

"Yeah right", she retorted.

"What?"

"You slept through out the show. Your boredom couldn't have been more clearer", she said smiling and I blushed a little feeling a little embarrassed she'd caught me in my lie.

"You look cute when you sleep though", she said and got in the backseat without a word. Now that wasn't expected at all.

"You know I'm not a cabbie right?", I asked as I entered the car and she raised her eyebrows in confusion.

"Okay?",.she asked unsure of what I was saying.

"I mean you're always in the backseat. Like I'm your driver or something. It's not really cool you know".

"Sue me", she replied as she brought out her tongue to mock me.

"Oh great. How mature?", I said amused by her childish antics.

"So it's pretty late. What's your address so I can drop you off?", I said starting the car.

"I don't want to go home ", she whined.

"Ok..a hotel?", I asked again.

"Uhmm...nah. Not that either. How about I just crash at yours for the night?",, she just said casually but my eyes opened wide.

"My...mine?", I stuttered.

"Sure. Why not?", she asked like it wasn't a big deal. Ok it might not really be a big deal but we just met, we weren't friends. Heck, I don't even think she knows my name.

"Oh wait...is your girlfriend there?...you know..the one from the club?", she asked smiling.

"What ...Shade? No! It's just it doesn't feel right. We don't really know eachother".

"Mmhmm...says the guy that took me to his house the first night we met".

"No no no...that's different. I was just helping you. You were in no position to be left alone then".

"And you think I'm in the position to be left alone now? I just lost my mum dude. I mean if you hadn't been with me all night, who knows what I would've done to myself", she said but this time her voice broke. She was going to that crying again and it was my fault this time. Aaahh...why did I have to be such a nice guy.

"Ok", I said. "Let's go to my place but you can't complain  that its not as fancy as you'd like ok? If not I'd throw you out", I grumbled.

"Yayyy", she clapped her hands gleefully and I was shell shocked. I thought she was just crying now.

"Hey!...you..you were just about to cry now. What happened?", I asked, shocked.

"Oh that...I'd make a good actress right?", she replied smiling.

"You're evil", I said driving out.

" I know right". She smiled looking out the window and as I faced the road, I smiled too. What a night....TBC

10 Likes

Re: Unrequited by Dnight(m): 3:19pm On Sep 30, 2021
I can't explain how much I missed this story
God bless you
Keep up the good work
Re: Unrequited by hotswagg12: 4:20pm On Sep 30, 2021
Thanks for the update. Mia is really a drama queen.
Re: Unrequited by jyrre(m): 5:25pm On Sep 30, 2021
weldone boss

1 Like

Re: Unrequited by Nuel45(m): 8:49pm On Sep 30, 2021
Good work boss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply)

I See Things Others Do Not See... / In Memory Only (Romance) / Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.