Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,877 members, 7,817,584 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:54 PM

Unrequited - Literature (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Unrequited (137090 Views)

Unrequited Love / Unrequited - Beta Draft (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unrequited by Ogamysamo: 9:18pm On Feb 24, 2022
hmm..... bravo. nothing like compétition there jor kk move on she only showed you the woman she is...,
Re: Unrequited by Ogamysamo: 9:20pm On Feb 24, 2022
mokoh:
Welcome back
ASIN EH

1 Like

Re: Unrequited by jullyrosy(f): 11:25pm On Feb 24, 2022
Welcome back moura7
Re: Unrequited by jullyrosy(f): 11:55am On Feb 25, 2022
Ogamysamo:
hmm.....
bravo.
nothing like compétition there jor kk move on
she only showed you the woman she is...,

Move on to where...?
Re: Unrequited by Ogamysamo: 6:35am On Feb 26, 2022
jullyrosy:

Move on to where...?
to anywhere she is and bring her back to himself
Re: Unrequited by Keizzmann(m): 7:44am On Feb 26, 2022
What a way to welcome yourself back muora7

That cliffhanger from the last episode left me hanging really low grin
Re: Unrequited by Moura7(m): 11:32pm On Feb 26, 2022

Kk

It's been about a week since I decided to win Mia's love and affection back, no, it's more like to make her willing to commit herself to me again cause I feel she already has something for me. That didn't just go away, right?

'Oh no! What if she doesn't feel me like that anymore', I thought, feeling scared at just the thought of it.

"Nah, that can't happen", I reassured myself and shook my head.

In the course of the past week, I tried to talk to her and get her to hang out like before, but damn, she's been really difficult. Everytime I try to hang out with her, she just brings up these silly excuses and asks for a rain check that won't happen. The worst is when I try to chat her up. Her delayed one- liner replies almost made me smash my phone on the wall but then I remembered my account balance and gently placed it on the couch and then screamed into a pillow.

I'd be hearing stuff about how women are difficult to understand and please but I just waved it off as idle talk, now I know better. Even my gramps(my granddad) had complained about the same thing too concerning my grandma but I just laughed it off.
I thought of even going to my gramps for woman advice but I waved it off. No offence gramps, but I need something that would work for women born in this century.
Times like this made me wish my dad was still here. Surely he'd have helped but the coward left and I wish him.......nothing. He's dead to me.

Speaking of dads and advice, Mr Richard came to my mind. Handsome man, a bit of swag and suave, a bit old but surely he'll know a thing or two about women. Without thinking much about it, I grabbed my phone and marched down to his flat.

"I hope he's home", I muttered before pressing the door bell. I smiled as I heard footsteps approaching the door.
The door opened and my face fell a bit when I saw it wasn't Mr Richard. It was a much younger version of him instead. This must be his son.

"Hi", he greeted. "You must be Kachi", he stretched his hand out for a handshake.
I was surprised he knew who I was but was even more surprised he called me by my name. Only few people knew me by my name, they just called me K, so how did he know? I'm very sure I didn't tell Mr Richard that. Even if I did, what's the probability that he'd go yapping about to his son.

"Uh, my hand might fall off if you keep ignoring it", he joked.

"Oh sorry about", I replied, coming back to the present and receiving his handshake.

"I guess I startled you, calling your name like that, like we are buddies or something", he said.

"Yeah", I nodded feeling weird about the whole thing. If I thought Mr Richard was too chatty before, then I'm sorry. He's kid right here is the real deal. Dude is like a radio on steroids.

"My manners. Please come in", he gave way for me to enter but I was having a rethink already.

"Oh no, don't bother. I just wanted to see Mr Richard for something but it seems as though he's not around so I'll just come back another time".

"Oh", his face seemed to fall abit. "He won't be long so you can just wait for him here".

"Uhh..um", I began, looking for the right words to politely decline.

"Please,  I insist please", he urged.

"Uh..okay", I agreed reluctantly. I mean a couple of minutes wouldn't hurt.

"Yayy", he jubliated. "So, what can I get you? Beer, vodka, cognac, smoke,  anything at all, I got you", he said as he disappeared to get the drinks I presume.

"Uh water would be fine, thank you", I answered and he poked his head back to sitting room with a funny doubtful look on his face.

"Sure?", he asked quizzically.

"Mmhmm", I hummed my reply.

"Okay", he as said as he got back to the sitting room with a bottled water and a glass of alcohol.

"Here's your water", he threw the water my way lightly. "I'm Dave".

I realized I didn't even know his name or ask for it which felt a bit rude of me. I was so in a haste to leave that I didn't even care to ask for his name when he knew mine already.

"Oh nice", I said and stretched my hand to shake this time. "Nice to meet you Dave. You're Mr Richard's son ,yeah?" I asked trying to initiate a convo. I felt it was the least I could do.

"The resemblance is uncanny right?" He asked and I hummed my reply. Truthfully,  the resemblance was indeed uncanny and I'm not just talking about physical appearance, I'm talking gestures and behaviours too, especially the talking part. He's been talking to me like we've been friends since forever and I'm not saying I don't like it, it just all too new for me.
That aside, I think he's cool though. He's really handsome too and also a nice physique. With how social and open he is plus the kind of dad he has, I bet he has lots of chicks flocking around him. Unconsciously,  I made a mental note to shield Mia from him. I'm not taking any chances at all.

"So what is it you want to discuss with dad?", he asked, sipping from his glass.

"Uh nothing much", I answered feeling uncomfortable that he was prying.

"Okay", he backed up a bit and seconds later, lean towards me. "Not to pry, but perhaps, I could be of help. I've got a lot of experience with life".
I chuckled at that last part,  he looked at least two years younger than me and he's talking about experience with life. But then, I remembered the reason I came here- advice for girl matters-- and I have an african incarnation of casanova (at least what he'd look like) in front of me here. Who knows, he might just be the exact help I need. What's that saying about God again, 'He uses the weirdest of people to come through for us'. Yes I know, I just forged that to suit my agenda right now. Lol!

"Okay, so there's this girl-"

"I knew it. Damn! I'm too good", Dave burst in excitement, cutting me off from what I was about to say. Looks like he saw my expression wasn't encouraging at all so he kept quiet.

"I'm sorry bro. Please go on", he said and I gave him a look. I was already regretting agreeing to this.

"So, I was saying before I was rudely interrupted", I eyed him and he raised his hands in mock surrender. " There's this girl I'm really into. We were feeling each other pretty well before I messed things up. There was an issue and I didn't care to listen to her own side of the story and it turned out she was right after all. So now she feels sh can't trust and rely on me to always be there for her and have her back", I paused for a bit.

"Uhm....I won't lie bro, you messed up", Dave said.

"Tell me about it", I sighed. "Anyways, now I gotta prove to her that I'm still worth the shot and she's been making it hell for me bro. Like she's not even giving me a chance to make up for my mistake. She's always too busy for us to even chat on SM, talk more of hanging out".

"Hmm..that's tough bro", Dave chipped.

"I know right", I replied. "Worse part is she warned me that she would make it difficult for me and that I'd have competitors too".

"Ah that's some how harsh na", Dave said, sitting up. "It shows she's deliberately blowing you off and rightly so, but I mean you've apologised already so she should relax small too".

"Look I have an idea", he said and I sat up.

"Alright, I'm all ears".

"So since it seems she's been intentionally blowing you off, it means she's actually seeing you, like she conscious of your efforts. I propose, you stop trying for a while, like say, a day or two. Act like you ain't seeing her but if she reaches out during this interval, don't ignore her. Talk to her, joke a little but that's it. Don't prolong any conversation for more than thirty minutes, you get right?"

"Uh yeah", I answered,  not really sure about this strategy. "Uhm what if she doesn't reach out in this interval and instead it pushes her away the more?"

"That's where the second phase comes in", he smiled. I bet he was enjoying this.
"So if this approach doesn't work, then we move to the next one which involves you hanging out with another girl", he said and I made a face that screamed OBJECTION!

"Ah ah ah...hear me out first", he said using his hands to demonstrate calmness to me.
"I'm not saying go and date another girl, no what I'm saying is just han out with another girl as friends...don't forget that part,  as friends. Preferably, a girl she might feel threatened by or knows you've had a thing for or with".

"Wait, back up, let's rewind a little in case you've forgotten the main purpose of all these which is to get back Mia and not drive her away", I said, hoping he understood.

"Yeah and that's what I'm trying to do", he answered immediately. "Look, in as much as you're trying to show how sorry you are, you also have to remind her that you're still a catch. Plus this move will surely make her notice you if she's been forming busy since. It will make her see the things she's missing by being with you".

Now that I think about it, it's not so bad. He has a point.

"Okay", I agreed.

"Great. Now it has to be in a way that it's not obvious that you planned it and want to make her jealous cause that would make you seem pathetic. So no posting it on social media at all. I'd rather you hang with the other girl in a class that you and Mia share. That way it just seem like two coursemates conversing in a really friendly manner. Now you have to make sure the convo is very interesting,  be funny, get her to laugh and you, act like you're really enjoying yourself too. Trust me, this always works and when it does,  we enter the third and final phase", he said and relaxed.

"Wow, that's something bro", I said wowed.
"Are you a shrink or something?" I asked.

"Nah, nothing like that. I just know how a woman's heart works. So the last phase now, you have to do something grand for here. Something you know she really likes and just like that, you get her back", he finished smiling and I just stared in confusion.

"Huh?", I voiced out. "So after acting like she doesn't matter, I then go back and do something grand for here? Please make it make sense".

"A woman's mind is just like faith bro, it doesn't make sense. You just have to trust and go with the flow".

"Wait..what..how does that even---", I paused to calm down and breathe slowly. The nonsense I just heard now almost caused me a heart attack. "What if this whole thing doesn't work?"

"Oh, then you're f**ked bro", he answered nonchalantly.

"Oh God", I sighed, hand on my forehead. I got up to leave. I still had work later this evening so I had to catch few minutes 9f sleep to ease the headache that hearing this maniac caused.

"You're leaving?", he asked as I got up.

"Mmhmm", I answered. "Got work later this evening".

"Oh that's true", he replied and I looked at him curiously.

"What do you mean by that?"

"What?"

"You replied like you already knew I worked when it's just the first time we're meeting", I said suspiciously. There's this feeling in my gut that this guy and his father know more about me than they are letting on. Its like they are spying on me with the way they seem to know about me.

"Oh", he laughed nervously. "My dad mentioned it. Its part of the reason he dragged me here, so I could learn and see how hardworking you are despite you being in the same age bracket with me", he said.

"Hmm..okay", I answered and started for the door, not believing a single word he said.

As I entered my apartment,  I began thinking about all Dave's big plan. It had some logical points and also some very illogical ones too but in the absence of any alternatives, it was worth trying right?

I decided to give it a shot and see how it goes. I mean it's part of my resolution,  to try everything to win Mia back and go for things I want without fear of failure or rejection. So I'll go for it and if it fails, I'll just try again and again till she tells me NO herself.

I got on my bed, ready to take a nap to ease up on the stress. I already got a headache listening to Dave and his crazy idea.

"Now all I have to do is find the girl to execute this plan with. God help me", I prayed before closing my eyes......TBC

4 Likes

Re: Unrequited by Captaintitan(m): 12:44am On Feb 27, 2022
Nice update moura ; I’m sure mr Richard and His don are K’s father and brother respectively
Re: Unrequited by Ogamysamo: 1:08pm On Feb 27, 2022
Captaintitan:
Nice update moura ; I’m sure mr Richard and His don are K’s father and brother respectively
i was thinking same oespecially mr richard told him that nothing about him will bore him.
Re: Unrequited by doctorexcel: 2:26pm On Feb 27, 2022
wow! Just wow!
Re: Unrequited by Moura7(m): 3:56pm On Feb 27, 2022
Captaintitan:
Ogamysamo:
i was thinking same oespecially mr richard told him that nothing about him will bore him.

Lol..na wetin una think?
Re: Unrequited by hotswagg12: 4:50pm On Feb 27, 2022
Welcome back moura7. What an entrance and thanks for the update.
Re: Unrequited by mokoh(m): 5:12pm On Feb 27, 2022
Nice update so when are you expecting The next cos I they refresh page anyhow
Re: Unrequited by Ogamysamo: 9:46pm On Feb 27, 2022
Moura7:

Lol..na wetin una think?
Like Sure Like True
Re: Unrequited by heisorla(m): 12:52pm On Feb 28, 2022
Another amazing piece from @moura7
Can’t wait for another update from you
Damn this is superb
#TeamK all the way grin
Re: Unrequited by Moura7(m): 5:43pm On Feb 28, 2022

Mia

I scrolled through my missed calls, messages and unread DMs from social media as I waited for lectures to begin. Most came from friends, comments on a picture I'd uploaded earlier in the morning and all that. My heart was beating fast as I scrolled through looking for the one message that mattered, K's message.
Since yesterday, I hadn't gotten any call or text from him and I didn't even see him at school too. It was frustrating. Had he given up already? Or maybe I went too far with the whole unavailable charade. I mean I just wanted him to sweat a little before winning me back. Is that so much to ask after what he put me through?

I looked up when I felt someone sit beside me. It was Juilet looking all fine and gorgeous in fine ass burgundy Chanel jumpsuit with a burgundy Hermes bag to match.

"Hey you", I greeted. "You look nice".

"I know right", she smiled.

"Oh, just get out. You're too proud".

"Look who's talking", she laughed. "Where's G?"

"Don't know", I answered. "Maybe she's skipping".

"Oh okay".

I returned to my phone, refreshing to see 8f any new messages would pop up but nothing. I sighed, feeling very frustrated.

"What's wrong?", Juliet asked without turning to me.

"Nothing", I breathed out.

"Okay".

"Some friend you are. You don't know you're supposed to ask again then I'll now tell you", I whined and she laughed.

"Abeg Mia, I no get that strength now", she said in pidgin.

"You're mean", I whined again. "But I'll still tell you sha. K hasn't called or texted me since yesterday".

"What? Who are you talking about?"

"K! Can you keep up?", I snapped.

"Okay! Don't yell in my ear", she yelled, covering her ears. "Wait, isn't he that pauper dude that you have a thing for and also got you feeling moody few weeks ago?" I rolled my eyes at that condescending manner she said it, taking deep breaths so I don't lose it.

"I'll just pretend like I didn't hear that", I said. "And I never said I have a thing for him", I added.

"Yeah right", she clicked her tongue. "I guess all this fussing is because you don't have a thing for him".

"Leave me", I retorted in a childish manner.

"So he hasn't called or texted...so?"

"So doesn't that mean something?" I asked, feeling worried. "He's been hitting me up or trying to talk to me since the past week and now, he's just stopped? Doesn't that seem fishy? What if he's sick or even worse, he might be in danger. I'm calling him", I concluded, already tapping away on my phone.

"No!" Juilet barked like I was a misbehaving dog taking a poo on an expensive rug. "No. No maybes, I don't care if he's disappeared off the face of the earth, you're not calling him back. My God! You're so ridiculous. I mean you guys haven't even shagged and you're already like this,  what would now happen when you guys eventually do the deed".

"Eeww you're so gross", I laughed at the her face when she said that. "And so unsupportive too", I hit her lightly.
"You don't understand,  I-I-"

"You what? You love him?"

"Don't be ridiculous", I clicked my tongue. "Of course I don't. I just him to kiss me and hold me and tell me I'm pretty and let him play with my hair and cook for him-"

"Wowww", Juilet drawled like she was dazed". "You're so whipped, like do you..do you even know how to cool?", she laughed.

"I can make the best cereal ever", I retorted.

"And that qualifies as cooking?" She continued laughing.

"Bite me", I glanced towards the door when I heard it open, my heart falling to stomach when I saw him enter with someone else....A girl. Not just any girl, but the girl that was with him at the club the first time we met. What's her name again, Shade or Simi.

"Ooooh, looks like somebody else's got your mans", Juliet said and I felt like slapping her for stating the obvious.
Here I am, feeling all worried that something bad might have happened to him and he's busy frolicking with some bimbo? Okay I might be taking it a bit too far but still...Cmon.

"I'm so stupid", I sighed as I lightly crashed my head on the desk.

"Damn right you-", Jules was saying when the look I gave her cut her off. "Nothing".

"When did she start attending this class?", I groaned in frustration.  I was fighting the urge to look back at them. Wouldn't want to give K the impression that I was bothered at all.

"Juilet", I called. "I need you to find out everything you can about this girl. Everything!" I demanded.

"Uuhhhh....okay, but I think that's a bit too far. You shouldn't be bothered by someone like her, and even worse, by someone like him. I mean what a downgrade, but then I expect nothing less from people of his status", Juilet replied and I banged my hand on my desk so hard that I'm sure all eyes were drawn to me.

I looked around, a little bit embarrassed, before I turned back to Juliet.

"Look here, Jules. My anger is already on thin ice and trust me, you don't want me unleashing it in you so just keep whatever stupid remarks about K in your stupid head. Don't think I've gone soft just because I've been chill for some time now. Don't forget who you're talking to",  I spat out in a low icy voice. With how frustrated I was feeling now, I didn't have the patience to put up with her now.

"Geeez okay. Take a chill pill please", she replied and I just ignored her and laid my head on my desk. I already knew this lecture was gone for me. I cringed inwardly at how I was feeling just because of a guy. This wasn't me at all.

Different thoughts stormed my head all the lecture and nothing of them had anything to do with it. Most dominant of them were the ones that in my playing hard to get, K became fed up and decided to give up on winning me back and that scared me.

The lecture ended and it took everything in me resist from trotting my way to the back where K was with that-that...whatever she's called and throw her out the window and then slap K(for hurting me like this) before I drag him with me to my house and not let him go ever again. I know, my imagination isn't a nice place to be in at all.

"Are you ready to go now?", Juilet asked a while after class had ended and I hadn't gotten up yet. She was in her own silent mode after my rude outburst .

"Yeah", I replied softly.

"Okay", she nodded. "Let's go".

I sluggishly packed my notes and notebook before getting up and walking slowly behind Juilet.

"Hey Jules..um...I'm really sorry about earlier. I was slightly out of line. So, pleeeease forgive me?"

"Slightly?", Juilet chuckled, but I could tell she was in no way amused right now. You call calling me stupid 'slightly' out of line?"

"Well, you did insult K and that didn't sit well with me. Besides, I'd warned you over and over", I defended myself. Of course I can't be entirely wrong, right?

"Oh really? Fine", she said and picked up pace, leaving me behind.

"Hey!", I whined as I walked faster to catch up with her. "Okay sorry, I really am. Thing is, I really like him so please just for my sake, try to be more accommodating pleeeease?", I pleaded and tried my  best to pull the puppy eye thingy.

"Just stop", she said, trying hard not to smile. "You're lucky I love you". She said and smiled.

"Yeah I get that alot", I bragged and she playfully pushed me farther away from her.

"Oh please, it's just because I need a ride now if not I'd have boned your a** for a longer time".

"Oh, you didn't come with your car?", I asked.

"Nah, my new boo dropped me off", she boasted and I just rolled my eyes.

"LovePeddler", I joked and she laughed.

"Well, you're my friend and you that saying again", she tapped her chin trying to remember.  "Ahah, show me who your friends and I'll show you who you are".

"You're just mad", I replied, lacking a sharp comeback and she laughed the more.

"Let's go somewhere and just chill. I don't feel like going home now", I suggested as we reached the parking lot. I needed to surround myself with friends and just have a good time, so as not drown myself in overwhelming thoughts.

"Uh...sounds nice. I'll hit G up now so she can join us later".

"Great", I replied as I unlocked my royal blue Audi R8. "So tell me about this new boo", I said as we settled in, ready to zoom off.

Jules suggested we check out this new joint in town, Chills'. According to her, it's validated by some of the most influential lifestyle influencers in the country as the next hottest thing in the world of relaxation spots. The place wasn't bad at all, even I was feeling the whole setting of the place and I'm a very hard person to please. It was like we entered another world different from the very sunny and rowdy Lagos. No wonder the owner named it Chills' , I already feel chilled and relaxed.
Chills' flaunted a masculine black and blue decor, including the bar's modern onyx pendant lighting. Its windows were floor to ceiling style and a very chic suspended fireplace, not to mention open slat bucket chairs with pretty blue cushions to match the decor. I definitely need to have interior decor's contact so they could something similar in my house.

"Hi", Jules greeted as a waiter approached us as soon as we sat down. "I'll have a glass of Hive N Dime and she'll have-", she paused, waiting for me to make my order.

"I'll have a martini, thank you".

"Coming right up ma'am", the waiter bowed slightly and left.

"Wow, Jules how did you even get to know about this place. This place is really nice", I asked, still wowed.

"Came here last week with a friend and i just knew I had to bring you girls here. Oh look, Gina's here".

"Hey you", Gina greeted as she joined us. "Damn, this place is fire", she said as she sat down.

"Tell me about it", I concurred.

"Whoever did this definitely needs to work on my new restaurant", she added.

"Yeah, that's true. How's it coming up?" Jules asked.

"Pretty tough girls. I thought getting pops to accept the idea would be the tough part but it seems sourcing for even four star chefs in this Lagos is more of a hassle. You need to have tasted what these people presented during interviews. Oh, I'm just so tired already and I haven't even started yet".

"Eeya sorry, yeah? You're the one that refused to study law and join the family legacy so, be strong", I said

"I know right. Who knew following my passion would be this hard", G whined. "Won't give my dad the satisfaction of thinking he was right by giving up sha. We die here", she said and we laughed.

"What about you Mia, still designing?" Jules asked. Why was she playing interviewer this afternoon?

"Uhm....nothing of recent though. Haven't had time with school and other stuff", I replied.

"By other stuff, you mean K,", G asked, zn eyebrow raised and Jules coughed to hide a chuckle.

"You'll soon soon that laugh", I threatened. "Please girls, let's just enjoy this beauty of a place, ok?" I suggested and they shrugged their agreement.

Our drinks arrived and I was marveled, even the martini glass was carved out of ice.

We were having a good time, gisting, reminiscing and catching up on each other's lives. Its actually been a long time, us three just hung out for fun and no problems to solve. In all honesty, I think its actually my fault. Ever since my mum passed, I kinda withdrew and when I started to get back to my usual self, I was all about K. This, right here, really felt great.

"Wait,  isn't that Caleb?" Jules asked looking over my shoulder.

"Caleb? Where?" I asked and quickly turned to check and it was really him. He seemed to have come out from a room or something,  he was with someone though. A guy and he looked kinda familiar. I know I've seen that face somewhere before.

"This is good", I said as I stood up. "Time to set things straight with him".

"Go girl", Jules cheered, raised her glass in a salute manner. "What?", she said when she saw the disapproving look on Gina's face and I just smiled.

"Hey Mia", Caleb greeted as soon I reached where he and his friend were. "What a pleasant surprise?" He continued with a smile.

"Yeah whatever", I said dismissively. "Look, I don't know why you're back and honestly,  I don't give a hoot. I'll just want to make it clear that we have nothing to do with each other. You should know better than still claim that we're engaged,  you know it was fake. So just stay away from me", I spat out and turned to leave when he held me back.

"Oh sorry", he said and quickly let go of my arm when I eyed his hand. "Look Mia, I'm really sorry about how things turned out between us and even more, I'm sorry about the other night. I wasn't thinking straight. I hope it didn't cause you any problems with your date. I'm really sorry".

"Yeah right", I sneered.

"I'm really serious Mia. I'm truly sorry and I don't intend to get in your way at all. I just want us to be friends or at least civil with each other since I'm going to be around for a while", he pleaded and he seemed really sincere. Life had taught me to be very wary and cautious with people so I knew how to spot a fake and honestly,  I felt he was telling the truth.

"Hmm...okay", I said, look at him with narrow eyes. I wasn't going lay down my guard in the slightest way. I turned to go back to my friends but I just felt too curious about his friend and so I turned back.

"Hey", I called out to the friend. "Have we met before?'

"Uhm...not personally but we go to the same college. I'm Dayo", he replied and smiled, stretching his hand out for a handshake.

"Oh", I said, not entirely convinced. I feel I've actually met him somewhere. "Well, nice to meet you", I said and bounced back to my friends......TBC

6 Likes

Re: Unrequited by hotswagg12: 9:15pm On Feb 28, 2022
Thanks for the update. This is really getting interesting.
Re: Unrequited by oloyedprince1(m): 10:07pm On Feb 28, 2022
Bro, when next we go see your update like this
Re: Unrequited by jullyrosy(f): 10:17pm On Feb 28, 2022
Moura can u just post thrice a day?
Dis is getting too interesting..
Re: Unrequited by Moura7(m): 10:11am On Mar 01, 2022
Happy new month guys. Won't be able to update till the weekend..

2 Likes

Re: Unrequited by jullyrosy(f): 1:42pm On Mar 01, 2022
Moura7:
Happy new month guys. Won't be able to update till the weekend..

Moura oooooooooo
Now d story is getting more interesting���
Re: Unrequited by Moura7(m): 4:46pm On Mar 01, 2022
jullyrosy:

Moura oooooooooo
Now d story is getting more interesting���

Travelled to school today for my clearance

1 Like

Re: Unrequited by jullyrosy(f): 5:06pm On Mar 01, 2022
Moura7:

Travelled to school today for my clearance

Alright
Re: Unrequited by Austeeenxx: 10:45pm On Mar 01, 2022
Omo, wetin Dayo dey do with Caleb?
Re: Unrequited by jullyrosy(f): 6:38am On Mar 02, 2022
Austeeenxx:
Omo, wetin Dayo dey do with Caleb?

They're friends na. ..
Even mia said it while explaining to KK
Re: Unrequited by Elzak(m): 9:37am On Mar 02, 2022
I thought Mia would be smart enough to understand that game K is playing but it looks like she's just another girl
Re: Unrequited by efeteb: 12:57pm On Mar 02, 2022
My sweet poison is back. I'm addicted to this story.

Your writing makes me feel like someone chronicling his life.

Thanks for the update

Oliver twist mode re activated.
Re: Unrequited by Timiprince(m): 9:31pm On Mar 02, 2022
Men.... cause of this story I had to join nairaland fully.... please can you update... let’s c how it goes
Re: Unrequited by Moura7(m): 7:07pm On Mar 04, 2022

Mia

In life some friends stick closer than family. I think it was said in another way in the Bible and like always,  the Bible doesn't miss. With the way I was feeling earlier today,  I'd already seen my day ending with me being alone with tears, tissues littered all over and some sappy rom com(with me screaming profanities at the actors of course). But fun time with my girls overturned everything, even though the devil - that relentless motherf***ker- still wanted to try with Caleb, God still came through. Driving into my compound now, I just feel so happy and I'm not even hurt about K anymore. Even better, I think I'll call him later and just catch up on how he's doing and who knows, we can even start building our relationship from there.

As I got in, I was hit with sweet aroma of deliciousness which I'm sure was coming from the kitchen.

'What is Joy up to now?', I thought as I skipped happily to the kitchen. I was quite full as I had already taken something at Chills' but I think I can make room for some of whatever was brewing in the kitchen. I'd just have to double my workout hours later this week to shred off any added fat.

"Hey Joy", I greeted as I stepped into the kitchen.

"Oh you're back hun. Good timing, dinner is almost ready. K can you help me with the small pot?"

"Um what?", I asked, not sure I heard well. Did she just say K?

"Okay, coming right up?", K said holding a pot in his hands. Like in flesh and blood, K was really in my house..in my kitchen.

"Hi Mia", he greeted and smiled at me and then returned to what he was doing with Joy, leaving me rooted in my confusion.

"Okay, what's going on here?", I asked cause it seemed they didn't notice my utter look of confusion at all.

"What you do mean honey, your friend is helping me prepare dinner that's all", Joy replied, not even giving me a glance and still going about her business. "UhmmK  can you help me take this over to the dinning room? It's the last door down the hallway".

"Sure", he replied and got to it.

Now it was just me and Joy, so I held her arm and turned her to me. I looked back at the door to be sure he was gone before I spoke.

"What is he doing here?", I asked in a whisper.

"Uh...I don't understand", she said confused.

"What do you mean you don't understand?", I asked. "You didn't ask what he why he was here, even cooking?"

"No? He came to see you and when I told him you weren't around, he decided to wait and then he offered to help with the cooking. Who am I to refuse extra help?"

"Oh", I said, feeling a bit relaxed now and happy. Sometimes I get too anxious about nothing. Of course, he came to see me.
"Wait, how long has he been here?", I asked.

"Uh, about three hours I think", she replied as she got out plates.

"Wow..he waited three hours for me? And offered to cook for me?" I swooned as I thought about how sweet the gesture was.

"No, he offered to help me in the kitchen, he didn't offer to cook for you . Help me being the keyword", she countered.

"Potato potato", I waved her off. "Let me go see if he needs any help in the dinning room".

"I'm sure hes fine, me on the other hand, could really use some help with carrying these over to the dinning room", Joy said but I was already on the way out.

"I'm sure you can find a way around it", I said as I made my way over to K.

"Hey", I said as I got to the dinning room.

"Hey beautiful", he replied and I felt my cheeks go hot. The things this boy does to me.

"Just beautiful?", I joked and he chuckled. "Just kidding", I added.

"Yeah. So, want to show me around", he asked. "Your house is massive".

"Oh, what about the food? Its ready".

"Food can wait", he said. "Right now, I want to just be with you". He said and my heart did a backflip with joy.

"Okay", I agreed. "If you say so but don't go running your mouth later that Mia Rotimi didn't offer you something when you visited".

"Okay", he laughed. "I'll be sure to remember that".

So we started strolling in silence through the gardens and then to the pool side. He suggested we sit by the poolside and I agreed. I had so much to say to him but I just couldn't seem to get the words out of my mouth.

"Ooo", he moaned as he dipped his legs into the pool. "The water's cold".

"Yeah", I replied. "What about your car, I didn't see it as I came back", I asked.

"Oh that", he smiled nervously, touching the back of his neck in what seemed to look like embarrassment.  "Its having some issues so it's a mechanic workshop now".

"Oh okay".

"Yeah, soooooo...you were out for a while", he said. "Went to anywhere interesting?"

"Is Kachi Kalu asking where I was?", I teased. "You know that's a  boyfriend level kind of question to ask?" I continued with my teasing and in a sense I wish I wasn't. I wished it was actually a reality...our reality.

"Oh I'm sorry. I didn't mean to-"

"Oh chill, I'm just pulling your legs", I caught him off, laughing at how he looked. Very cute.
"Anyways I just went out with my girls for some fun time. Been a while since we hung out".

"Nice", he nodded. "Guess you really had fun then".

"Pretty much", I affirmed. "Till we saw Caleb".

"Caleb? You mean Caleb your fian- sorry ex fiance?" He quickly corrected himself when I gave a him a look.

"Yeah, that one", I sighed.

"So what did he want. Did you guys talk?"

"Yeah we did", I replied, moving my legs back and forth in the water so it splashed.

"About what?", he continued with the questions and I raised an eye brow.

"Woah, chill with questions detective", I chuckled, looking at him curiously. Is he jealous?

"I'm sorry", he apologised and then he went silent.

"I miss this", I said. "You know, just hanging and vibing with you".

"Me too", he replied with a smile and then then the silence came upon us again.

"So that girl I saw you with earlier in class got anything to do with why you've distant lately?" I asked and looked at him.

"Shade? No, she's just a friend", he answered.

"A friend", I nodded. "You know I'm quite sure she's the same girl from the club. The one that was pestering you and I saved you from?"

"Yeah she is", he replied.

"I see", I nodded. They obviously shagged before but that's for another day. " So why have you been distant then?" I asked softly.

"I tried to reach out to you but I guess you weren't ready yet", he said and as I opened my mouth to counter that, he signalled he wasn't done.

"Listen Mia", he started softly, looking at me lovingly. "I don't want to be another person that you have to navigate around, you know?"

"Mia", he called softly. "I think you're the most amazing girl I've ever known. I mean that", he paused for a second and continued. "But I don't want to bring any more drama in your life. So if that means I have to back off, give you enough space, you know what I mean? I'll do that. Even if it hurts".

"Is that what you want?", I muttered quietly, overridden by waves of emotions I couldn't quite put a finger on. All I know is that I wanted to just sit there, talking to him and looking into his eyes forever.

"Not in the slightest chance", he blurted out and I laughed in relief. "But-"

"Me neither", I whispered, cutting him off. I didn't know when I started leaning towards him till our lips touched and my arms found themselves rounding his neck and pulling him much closer to me. As we kissed, all my doubts and fears seemed to have been lifted off me. He belonged to me....TBC

6 Likes

Re: Unrequited by kopji007(m): 7:52pm On Mar 04, 2022
Yeahhh they kissed finally.
Moura7:

Mia

In life some friends stick closer than family. I think it was said in another way in the Bible and like always,  the Bible doesn't miss. With the way I was feeling earlier today,  I'd already seen my day ending with me being alone with tears, tissues littered all over and some sappy rom com(with me screaming profanities at the actors of course). But fun time with my girls overturned everything, even though the devil - that relentless motherf***ker- still wanted to try with Caleb, God still came through. Driving into my compound now, I just feel so happy and I'm not even hurt about K anymore. Even better, I think I'll call him later and just catch up on how he's doing and who knows, we can even start building our relationship from there.

As I got in, I was hit with sweet aroma of deliciousness which I'm sure was coming from the kitchen.

'What is Joy up to now?', I thought as I skipped happily to the kitchen. I was quite full as I had already taken something at Chills' but I think I can make room for some of whatever was brewing in the kitchen. I'd just have to double my workout hours later this week to shred off any added fat.

"Hey Joy", I greeted as I stepped into the kitchen.

"Oh you're back hun. Good timing, dinner is almost ready. K can you help me with the small pot?"

"Um what?", I asked, not sure I heard well. Did she just say K?

"Okay, coming right up?", K said holding a pot in his hands. Like in flesh and blood, K was really in my house..in my kitchen.

"Hi Mia", he greeted and smiled at me and then returned to what he was doing with Joy, leaving me rooted in my confusion.

"Okay, what's going on here?", I asked cause it seemed they didn't notice my utter look of confusion at all.

"What you do mean honey, your friend is helping me prepare dinner that's all", Joy replied, not even giving me a glance and still going about her business. "UhmmK  can you help me take this over to the dinning room? It's the last door down the hallway".

"Sure", he replied and got to it.

Now it was just me and Joy, so I held her arm and turned her to me. I looked back at the door to be sure he was gone before I spoke.

"What is he doing here?", I asked in a whisper.

"Uh...I don't understand", she said confused.

"What do you mean you don't understand?", I asked. "You didn't ask what he why he was here, even cooking?"

"No? He came to see you and when I told him you weren't around, he decided to wait and then he offered to help with the cooking. Who am I to refuse extra help?"

"Oh", I said, feeling a bit relaxed now and happy. Sometimes I get too anxious about nothing. Of course, he came to see me.
"Wait, how long has he been here?", I asked.

"Uh, about three hours I think", she replied as she got out plates.

"Wow..he waited three hours for me? And offered to cook for me?" I swooned as I thought about how sweet the gesture was.

"No, he offered to help me in the kitchen, he didn't offer to cook for you . Help me being the keyword", she countered.

"Potato potato", I waved her off. "Let me go see if he needs any help in the dinning room".

"I'm sure hes fine, me on the other hand, could really use some help with carrying these over to the dinning room", Joy said but I was already on the way out.

"I'm sure you can find a way around it", I said as I made my way over to K.

"Hey", I said as I got to the dinning room.

"Hey beautiful", he replied and I felt my cheeks go hot. The things this boy does to me.

"Just beautiful?", I joked and he chuckled. "Just kidding", I added.

"Yeah. So, want to show me around", he asked. "Your house is massive".

"Oh, what about the food? Its ready".

"Food can wait", he said. "Right now, I want to just be with you". He said and my heart did a backflip with joy.

"Okay", I agreed. "If you say so but don't go running your mouth later that Mia Rotimi didn't offer you something when you visited".

"Okay", he laughed. "I'll be sure to remember that".

So we started strolling in silence through the gardens and then to the pool side. He suggested we sit by the poolside and I agreed. I had so much to say to him but I just couldn't seem to get the words out of my mouth.

"Ooo", he moaned as he dipped his legs into the pool. "The water's cold".

"Yeah", I replied. "What about your car, I didn't see it as I came back", I asked.

"Oh that", he smiled nervously, touching the back of his neck in what seemed to look like embarrassment.  "Its having some issues so it's a mechanic workshop now".

"Oh okay".

"Yeah, soooooo...you were out for a while", he said. "Went to anywhere interesting?"

"Is Kachi Kalu asking where I was?", I teased. "You know that's a  boyfriend level kind of question to ask?" I continued with my teasing and in a sense I wish I wasn't. I wished it was actually a reality...our reality.

"Oh I'm sorry. I didn't mean to-"

"Oh chill, I'm just pulling your legs", I caught him off, laughing at how he looked. Very cute.
"Anyways I just went out with my girls for some fun time. Been a while since we hung out".

"Nice", he nodded. "Guess you really had fun then".

"Pretty much", I affirmed. "Till we saw Caleb".

"Caleb? You mean Caleb your fian- sorry ex fiance?" He quickly corrected himself when I gave a him a look.

"Yeah, that one", I sighed.

"So what did he want. Did you guys talk?"

"Yeah we did", I replied, moving my legs back and forth in the water so it splashed.

"About what?", he continued with the questions and I raised an eye brow.

"Woah, chill with questions detective", I chuckled, looking at him curiously. Is he jealous?

"I'm sorry", he apologised and then he went silent.

"I miss this", I said. "You know, just hanging and vibing with you".

"Me too", he replied with a smile and then then the silence came upon us again.

"So that girl I saw you with earlier in class got anything to do with why you've distant lately?" I asked and looked at him.

"Shade? No, she's just a friend", he answered.

"A friend", I nodded. "You know I'm quite sure she's the same girl from the club. The one that was pestering you and I saved you from?"

"Yeah she is", he replied.

"I see", I nodded. They obviously shagged before but that's for another day. " So why have you been distant then?" I asked softly.

"I tried to reach out to you but I guess you weren't ready yet", he said and as I opened my mouth to counter that, he signalled he wasn't done.

"Listen Mia", he started softly, looking at me lovingly. "I don't want to be another person that you have to navigate around, you know?"

"Mia", he called softly. "I think you're the most amazing girl I've ever known. I mean that", he paused for a second and continued. "But I don't want to bring any more drama in your life. So if that means I have to back off, give you enough space, you know what I mean? I'll do that. Even if it hurts".

"Is that what you want?", I muttered quietly, overridden by waves of emotions I couldn't quite put a finger on. All I know is that I wanted to just sit there, talking to him and looking into his eyes forever.

"Not in the slightest chance", he blurted out and I laughed in relief. "But-"

"Me neither", I whispered, cutting him off. I didn't know when I started leaning towards him till our lips touched and my arms found themselves rounding his neck and pulling him much closer to me. As we kissed, all my doubts and fears seemed to have been lifted off me. He belonged to me....TBC
Re: Unrequited by Timiprince(m): 8:02pm On Mar 04, 2022
Thanks Moura for the update
Re: Unrequited by hotswagg12: 9:48pm On Mar 04, 2022
Thanks @op for the update. You did a good job on this chapter.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (31) (Reply)

I See Things Others Do Not See... / In Memory Only (Romance) / Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 171
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.