Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

Unrequited - Literature (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Unrequited (137084 Views)

Unrequited Love / Unrequited - Beta Draft (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unrequited by hotswagg12: 3:50pm On Mar 17, 2022
Thanks for the update and do not rush to conclude this beautiful work. The ideas are a welcome development.
Re: Unrequited by Shegzy8(m): 4:19pm On Mar 17, 2022
You’re good bro. Keep it up. I was just laughing sheepishly.
Re: Unrequited by Niwdog(m): 4:29pm On Mar 17, 2022
Hmmm
Who is Richard?
Should I spill the milk
Re: Unrequited by jullyrosy(f): 6:25pm On Mar 17, 2022
Pour out all the ideas...
Great work
Re: Unrequited by Sochee123: 7:14am On Mar 18, 2022
Right from the beginning of this character Richard, I had a strong feeling that either he was an undercover agent working on Dayo's Dad or he was KK's father who abandoned him.....can't wait for the next episode!!!!
@Moura7 more ink to your pen . You're such an amazing writer!!!!.
Re: Unrequited by Moura7(m): 10:35am On Mar 18, 2022
Timiprince:
When d next dey drop??

Lol...this guy
Re: Unrequited by Timiprince(m): 1:05pm On Mar 18, 2022
Moura7:

Lol...this guy

Lol, I’ve being following the story from start(investorrbankz)

U know how much I love this piece
Re: Unrequited by Odoogu(m): 3:05pm On Mar 18, 2022
Don't rush to end the piece. It could borne a sequel. Just follow your writer's instincts.
If you love it, we definitely gonna love it too.
But, Badt man Richard grin grin
Moura7. Stay Sharp
Re: Unrequited by Moura7(m): 8:16pm On Mar 18, 2022
Timiprince:

Lol, I’ve being following the story from start(investorrbankz)

U know how much I love this piece

Oh...na you? Lol
Re: Unrequited by Timiprince(m): 9:05pm On Mar 18, 2022
Moura7:

Oh...na you? Lol

Na me oo

Abeg drop date for d next info... I wan c something
Re: Unrequited by jullyrosy(f): 10:22am On Mar 19, 2022
Moura7 howfa
Re: Unrequited by Moura7(m): 11:08am On Mar 19, 2022
Next update, tomorrow evening

1 Like

Re: Unrequited by Bukolaberry(f): 12:42pm On Mar 19, 2022
yeah, thanks
Re: Unrequited by temiedey(f): 1:30pm On Mar 19, 2022
Pls post nah�I’m glued already pls
Re: Unrequited by mokoh(m): 5:48am On Mar 20, 2022
temiedey:
Pls post nah�I’m glued already pls

Hi which other stories are you glue to
Re: Unrequited by Moura7(m): 12:06pm On Mar 20, 2022
Mia

"Babeee", K whined and I laughed in my mind cause I had a feeling about what was wrong with him, but I put on an ignorant and focused expression on my face as I continued on the sketch I was trying to pull off on my iPad. It was one of the rare times he agreed to come to my 'castle'. His words not mine. It's as if he feels intimidated or something along that thought whenever he's here.

"Mia?", he called out a bit loudly when I pretended not hear him earlier.

"Huh?", I answered and I almost burst out laughing at his facial expression.

"Can you please change the song?", he pleaded. "Its dampening my good vibes right now".

"Oh, you don't like Adele I forgot", I feigned like I didn't already know and intentionally shuffle her playlist.

"Mtcheww", he hissed and I smiled. "Quit playing with me, I know you know what you're doing".

"What?", I laughed. " I'm innocent here. Look what's your beef with Adele anyway. Was her song playing when you had your first heartbreak?" I joked.

"Haha, very funny", he said dryly and threw me a pillow. "I've never had a heartbreak before", he said and brought out his tongue to taunt me.

"Wow, real mature", I laughed. I liked this childish side of him. Teasing him is always so fun. "Well, I don't know about that but Nonye says hi", I said and jumped out of the bed running when I saw him pick up another pillow to throw at me. I laughed as I ran round my bedroom with him hot on my heels and I wish our relationship would just remain like this forever. Filled with joy, peace and laughter always.

Honestly, since the visit from the grandparents the other day, I've been kind of scared about us- our relationship. It seemed like they  have pretty much accepted Nonye as their choice long ago and this has haunted my mind since then and I don't know what I'm going to do about it.

"Gotcha", he said as he finally caught up with me and crashed the both of us on my bed. I giggled and squirmed as he began ticking me.

"Will you do it again?", he asked, increasing the tempo of his tickling.

"No no no", I laughed.

"Attagirl", he said smiling at me. He stopped and laid beside me as I caught my breath. I rolled over so I could lay my head on his chest and then I pulled his arms over me so that he could hold me in his embrace.

"Babe?", I called softly.

"Mmhm", he hummed.

"Do you think your grandparents would like me?"

"What, ofcourse", he replied. "How can anyone not like you?" He continued and I smiled. He just knows how to make me feel good.

"But we have to give them sometime before I can introduce you. Especially grandma, she's......never mind babe. I'm sure she'll like you once she gets to really know you", he tried to assure me but I wasn't having any of it. Why did he stall earlier? I'm sure he knows something.

"Nnnmm", I shook my head, raising myself up from my lying down position. "She's  what?" I urged and he sighed, sitting up too.

"Look, its nothing serious, honestly", he said.

"Still spill", I demanded.

"Okay see, grandma wasn't really keen on me coming to his high end college. She preferred I went to a public or normal private university where I meet more people of the same status as myself. She-", he paused a bit. "She didn't want a repeat of what happened with my dad and mom to happen to me. She feels no good can come from any relationship between the rich and the poor. So that's it. She's just scarred by my parents experience but I'm sure that with time, she'll come around". He said and squeezed my hand to reassure me.

"Wow", I sighed. "I guess I've thought about it from that angle. But a quick one though, she seems chummy with the idea of you and Nonye being couple, isn't Nonye from a rich family too?", I asked facing him now, with my arms crossed.

"Yeah, she's know Nonye and her family for pretty much all her life though so she feels she can be sure about them. I mean you can sat I practically grew up in Nonye's and Dayo's houses seeing as I spent most of my time there. But you see, that's why I know she'll come around. She's good with Nonye because she's come to know her as a sweet and good natured girl even though she's filthy rich, and I'm sure she would do same once she gets to know you too. I know you'll charm the living daylight out of her", he said and pulled me to him. "Trust me, you don't have to worry about a thing".

"You sure?", I asked nervously.

"One hundred", he assured and kissed me.

"Mmmm", I cut short the kiss. "FYI, next thing you call another girl 'sweet and good natured' again especially in my presence, I'll kill you", I threatened with a whisper.

"Yes ma'am", he agreed. "Now can we get back to exchanging saliva?" He asked and I laughed.

"Eeeww. You know you're disgusting right?", I asked and put my arms round his neck, staring into his eyes.

"You love me like that though", he smirked and I smiled.

"Unfortunately,  I do", I said and kissed him again, shutting up whatever thing he wanted to say again. Always the talkative,  and to think he was all cold and quiet during our early days.

We stopped to breathe a little and more to not tempt each other to something we might not be ready for. We laid back on the bed, her head on my chest and my fingers stroking her hair as we basked in the blissful silence.

"You do realise that we just said the 'L' word to each other right? Even though it was indirectly sha", he said after a while and I smiled. I thought he didn't notice.

"I know right", I replied. "No pressure though, we'd say it properly whenever we're ready", I added. Who was I kidding, I've been ready since the day I figured out my feelings but maybe he wasn't ready and I didn't want to make him feel pressured.

"Yeah okay", he replied.

"So......", I started, smiling because I knew he wasn't going to like what I was going to do next.

"What?", he asked, stilling playing with my hair.

"This", I said and immediately Adele's sweet voice started singing from my sound bar again.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unrequited by Moura7(m): 12:09pm On Mar 20, 2022
"Oooowm", he groaned and l laughed.

"We are having a really sweet moment right now and you want ruin it with heartbreak songs?", he whined. "Don't worry, you'll soon get your heartbroken".

"Never", I laughed. "I don't know why you're being such a baby now, when you're always playing Wizkid, I don't complain. Infact, you got me to like him too so just allow me make you fall in love with Adele too".

"Ah ah, don't go there. First, its just impossible to not like Wizkid, except your ears are bad or you're just a witch. Yeah, some of his songs can be abit too xrated but he has mad hits and his melodies are just insane plus his songs are all good vibes. Secondly, I don't dislike Adele. I like her, she's a damn good singer and songwriter. Its just that I don't get positive vibes from her songs. Anytime I visualise or imagine her songs, it's always in black and white. Especially that 'Hello' and 'Someone like you'. Asides those two and maybe other moody ones, I pretty much rock to her other songs".

"What's wrong with HELLO and SOMEONE LIKE YOU?", I asked, knowing he was going to come up with some crazy analysis now.

"Really...haven't you listened to the lyrics of the two songs? In HELLO, she's talking about a guy- an ex- who I'm sure she dumped. Now she's calling him back after dumping him many years ago saying stuff like 'they say time's supposed to heal ya, but I ain't done much healing'. Like cmon, you're the one that broke his heart so what are you healing from?
Now don't even get me started on SOMEONE LIKE YOU. I'm sure its the same guy from HELLO. Here, she says she heard he's found a girl and even settled down and that he's dreams have come true. She now comes back out of blue, uninvited,  hoping he sees her face and sees that for her, it isn't over. If that's not witchcraft,  I don't know what else it is", he continued ranting and I just stared at him shocked. And here I thought I was the over thinker.

"Wow, babe", I muttered. "You're gone". And we began another chase of cat and mouse till we grew tired and he left for his place.

Few hours after he left, I found myself missing him already. Looking back on the sweet time we just had today, I couldn't but laugh. I picked up my phone and called his line but there was no answer. That got more restless and I didn't know I began pulling a hoodie over my tank top and bum shorts, with a beanie to top it off. I raced down the stairs, and luckily Joy wasn't there else she'd have tried to stop me seeing it was a little late, so I made my the garage to my Harley Davidson and in no time, I was pulling up at the dorm. I made my way up, cursing impatiently at the elevator as it took its sweet time taking me to the floor where K's apartment was.

Before I could use the spare keycard he gave me to open the door, it swung open and the least person I expected and expect to see ever, was in front of me.

"Hi Mia", Nonye smiled.....TBC

PS I love Adele and her music. This is just for the story lol.

8 Likes

Re: Unrequited by Timiprince(m): 12:28pm On Mar 20, 2022
Wow

Wahala about to burst
Re: Unrequited by jullyrosy(f): 3:49pm On Mar 20, 2022
Wahala

One more update pls
Re: Unrequited by temiedey(f): 8:31pm On Mar 20, 2022
Argh � one more update pls��❤️
Re: Unrequited by dawno2008(m): 11:12pm On Mar 20, 2022
Hmmm hope Nonye is just visiting ni? cool
Cos I don't want any bad vibe from her oo shocked

And I wonder how Dayo is holding up?
So many questions in this coconut head sef grin grin
Thanks @Moura7 keep it flowing
Re: Unrequited by Keizzmann(m): 7:56am On Mar 21, 2022
Omoor

These are the updates to kill for.

The plot twists are mad mhen.

Great work Moura7

Don't keep us in suspense so much though grin
Re: Unrequited by fey20(f): 10:47am On Mar 21, 2022
Patiently waiting for the next update.

Love your writing…keep it up @Moura7

Been a guest on nairaland for a while, joined because of your story.
Re: Unrequited by Odoogu(m): 12:17pm On Mar 21, 2022
Believe me... Moura7 isn't a fan of K.

The same hot oil, but different pot.

WHY? grin grin
Re: Unrequited by Odoogu(m): 12:18pm On Mar 21, 2022
fey20:

Feyi or Fehin?
Re: Unrequited by Moura7(m): 12:51pm On Mar 21, 2022
fey20:

Wow thanks.
Re: Unrequited by Moura7(m): 12:52pm On Mar 21, 2022
New update, tomorrow. Have a blessed week y'all.

2 Likes

Re: Unrequited by Dnight(m): 2:20pm On Mar 21, 2022
I am loving the regularity of your updates these days.
I understand its not easy, God bless you
Moura7:
Re: Unrequited by Sochee123: 2:27pm On Mar 21, 2022
Moura7:
The fact that you're so consistent with your updates these days gives me joy. Well-done
Re: Unrequited by jullyrosy(f): 4:01pm On Mar 22, 2022
Moura7:

Hello moura7
Re: Unrequited by jullyrosy(f): 6:33pm On Mar 22, 2022
Moura7
Re: Unrequited by fey20(f): 11:56pm On Mar 22, 2022
None boss @odoogu

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (31) (Reply)

I See Things Others Do Not See... / In Memory Only (Romance) / Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.